╌>

Movies Provoke My Memories - Can They Do That To You?

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  4 comments

If you have ever had that experience, or are curious about how it does so for me, just click this link:

http://thenewstalkers.com/buzz-of-the-orient/group_discuss/4071/movies-provoke-my-memories-do-they-do-that-for-you

The Classic Cinema group has many interesting articles for those who are interested in old films, their actors and directors, and of the many aspects surrounding them.  If you want to comment there, it's free to join the group to do so.  Everyone, no matter what your political bias is, is welcome - just leave your politics at home.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Your comments are welcome here or on the Classic Cinema group. All are welcome no matter your political or religious leanings.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

Sure, seeing old movies evokes memories.

One quick example

My father was in the CCC ( Civilian Conservation Corp) ( he was sent into that service by a judge trying to cure him of his youthful wayward ways)  and his group was sent to act as extras on the filming of the 1939 movie "Drums Along The Mohawk", which was made in Utah (although the story took place in colonial New York I think.)

Every time I see the movie on the infrequent occasions it comes on tv, I remember my dad telling us about it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Thanks for being one of the few remaining members on this site who have any interest in anything other than American politics.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Music from movies tend to do that to me. One of the most haunting pieces of music I ever heard came from a very unlikely source, The Omega Man, with Charlton Heston (I had a crush on him as a kid). It reminds me of the summer my Uncle Simon came to stay with us. He is so much fun to have around.