╌>

Let Us Have A Moment Of Silence Please , Fox News Is Officially No Longer "Fair And Balanced"

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  14 comments

Let Us Have A Moment Of Silence Please , Fox News Is Officially No Longer "Fair And Balanced"

Fox News is abandoning it's channel's slogan "Fair And Balanced" as apparently it reminds too many people of the disgraced (and deceased) founder Roger Ailes. I would throw the disgraced and departed Bill O' Reilly into that mix too, as O'Reilly used to repeat the slogan during every one of his shows. 

related

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/business/media/fox-news-fair-and-balanced.html

Fox News is “Fair and Balanced” no more.

In the latest sign of change at the cable news network, the  “Fair and Balanced” motto  that has long been a rallying cry for Fox News fans — and a finger in the eye of critics — is gone. The channel confirmed on Wednesday that slogan and network have parted ways.

“The shift has nothing to do with programming or editorial decisions,” the network said in a statement. Instead, the slogan was dropped in part because of its close association with  Roger Ailes , a network founder, former chairman and the originator of the phrase,  who was fired in  August  in a sexual harassment scandal.

The network said that “Fair and Balanced” was shelved as a marketing tool after Mr. Ailes’s departure. In its place is a new motto: “Most Watched, Most Trusted.”

Another Fox slogan, “We Report, You Decide,” has also been retired, although the network said that it returned occasionally.

Continue reading the main story

Some viewers may be surprised. Several Fox News personalities still toss the phrase “fair and balanced” into on-air conversation, though it no longer appears in graphics. Gabriel Sherman, longtime Fox News chronicler,  reported  on New York magazine’s website that the motto was gone for good.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

"Fair and Balanced" was one of the most deceptive television slogans of all time. 

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   Old Hermit  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

"Fair and Balanced" was one of the most deceptive television slogans of all time.

True that!

Even their new slogan, "“Most Watched, Most Trusted”, will soon need to be updated to Most Watched , ( Except when Rachel Maddow beats our bloated ass's, like a tin drum ), Most Trusted .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

At least Fox is honest - how about the other news media? Are THEY "fair and balanced"?  I would rather watch/read a news media that was honest and open about its bias rather than most others, that are deceptive.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

I take note of the fact that it doesn't make any promises about a policy change in editorial or general content.  Last night, I briefly turned it on, (during a channel check), and they were ragging on the Southern Baptist Convention in Phoenix for not supporting the alt-right racist policies.  Then, I switched the channel.

They may be a great conservative news site, but fair and balanced, they're not.  Personally, I like the AP or Reuters for news...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

If it wasn't reported on Fox News, it didn't happen.  I can still say they are fair and balanced.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Got the last word in and then rushed to close your article....classic you.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Randy   7 years ago

You expected anything different from him.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

No....not really....classic....

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

I just hope Richard Painter gets his own show on MSNBC too!