╌>

U.S. still “shining city upon a hill”

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  12 comments

U.S. still “shining city upon a hill”
ANALYSIS/OPINION:

The world is dying before our eyes as the forces of darkness and light collide on a daily basis. We have state-sponsored terrorism coming from countries such as Iran, North Korea and Syria. Behind closed doors Russia and China plot to bring chaos and death to humanity while pretending, publicly, they are for peace.

The assault on our congressional leaders is one more reason to speak out and tell the world that everyone is in the same boat. There are simple-minded people influenced by hatred. From childbirth, children from different cultures are taught that anyone who doesn’t think and act as they do are bad people and need to be destroyed.

Thanks to the “progressive,” liberal society in America, God has taken a backseat to people’s right to believe in a power that is outside of themselves. The anarchists, liars and cheats have screamed the loudest, intimidating the masses into believing that their way is the right way.

Whom do we blame? The naysayers refuse to believe that eight years of President Obama is part of the cause of our country’s demise. Rule of law went out the window. Lying was the new order of the day. Dirty deals with Iran behind closed doors and ‘reset buttons’ with Russia are despicable.

When our former FBI director gave Hillary Clinton a pass on all of her wrongdoing, the simple-minded cheered in the streets, thinking it was normal and fair, while those defenders of the law went unheard in their complaints.

We as a nation are the leaders against the haters of peace. With the new leadership under President Trump we have half a chance to bring order back to the world. It’s time support our president and show those who are raised to hate and destroy that there is a better way to live. http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/18/letter-to-the-editor-us-still-shining-city-upon-a-/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

America is a shining city on a hill, an exceptional nation being made great again.  We are the leaders of the free world and our economic, political, and military strength is growing and we are a light for freedom seeking people everywhere on earth.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Trump is buffing it up before he puts the "For Sale" sign on it.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

before he puts the "For Sale" sign on it.

In Russian.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Both of your posts are totally off topic and should be taken down.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I disagree. I believe both of them are EXACTLY on topic!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

We are putting America first so that we will remain the worlds premier economy and military and a beacon of light to those yearning for freedom everywhere.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

You do realize that the article is a letter to the editor don't you XX?

If this is the level of comity and civility that you keep talking about, the least you could do it articulate your own thoughts into a article. 

I'll be waiting for that to happen. Hopefully hell doesn't freeze over in the meantime.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

It said news/analysis at the top.  It made good points and even if it is, it's like a guest editorial and at least as worthy as if one of us had written it here as a blog.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

What I have to say is ON topic because of this statement quoted from the article:

"Behind closed doors Russia and China plot to bring chaos and death to humanity while pretending, publicly, they are for peace."

I cannot speak for Russia, but having been living in China for more than a decade, and being familiar not only with many ordinary Chinese people but also some who are in official positions, I can say that insofar as that statement goes for China, it is an ignorant piece of BULLSHIT and casts dirt upon the whole article. In no way is China plotting to bring chaos and death to humanity. China may just soon be surpassing America with its economy, the state of its development and its positive relationships with more and more countries. I suggest to XxJefferson51 that he delete this garbage incendiary article before it does damage to NT.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

''Whom do we blame? The naysayers refuse to believe that eight years of President Obama is part of the cause of our country’s demise. Rule of law went out the window. Lying was the new order of the day. Dirty deals with Iran behind closed doors and ‘reset buttons’ with Russia are despicable.''

Interesting how the RWNJ always seem to forget a couple of guys named Nixon and Reagan. Watergate and Iran Contra are the first two that come to mind when speaking of lies, rule of law. 

BTW, I completely agree with Buzz's comment...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

The seeded "article" is a letter to the editor by a reader of the conservative newspaper the Washington Times. In other words, it has the worth of a random comment on a website like Newstalkers. I would rather have seen XX Jefferson form his own thoughts and make them an article if he is going to seed things such as this. 

The "argument" presented in this seed is the old "America, Love It Or Leave It" bumper sticker invented 45 or 50 years ago. 

America has two histories. It has the history of the elites, the power brokers, the robber barons, the plantation owners, the factory owners, the empire builders, and it has the history of the indentured servant, the underground railroad, the broken treaties, the union organizer, the civil rights activist , the war protester , the conscientious objector. 

America may be an idealistic shining city on a hill but the reality encompasses much more than that. 

As far as Trump being worth a shit in this consideration. Please, don't make me laugh. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

Well liberals can always be counted on to show up to deny America its status as an exceptional nation and deny we are a shining city on a hill.