╌>

Blue sky day - mid 90's temperature - a morning photo-walk

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  13 comments

A beautiful day today, so we walked to the older gated community around the corner to seek our usual shaded spot to sit and enjoy the surroundings.   A clear blue sky day is not that common here, so it was something to enjoy.

1.    Walk past these stone monuments and the steps that lead up to the "rocky road" I posted previously.

J 12 10.jpg

2.   To reach the pleasant shaded spot to sit and enjoy the surroundings while being cooled by a gentle breeze.

J 12 8.jpg

3.   Looking back to the monuments.

j 12 4.jpg

4.   Behind us a wild hillside.  The tree being supported reminded me of a photo-essay on Trees that I posted a long time ago.  In it I showed some trees being supported by something like a tripod, and wondered why.  I since found out the reason.  Apparently when the Chinese replant a tree, they make a relatively small scoop of earth with the roots cut short which is very different from how it is done in Canada.  The small scoop and shortened roots make the trees when replanted unsteady and liable to topple easily, so they put those support beams around the trunk to hold the tree steady for as long as it takes for the roots to grow enough to support the tree.

J 12 7.jpg

5.  When we sit there we are looking right at this...

J 12 5.jpg

6.   ...and at this...

J 12 3.jpg

7.   ...and at this, looking further along the path.

J 12 6.jpg

8.   Walking just to that small bridge above, we look to the left at green water, but no mosquitoes.

J 12 2.jpg

9.   We were joined by this little girl and her mother.

J 12 9.jpg

10.   On our way home, just outside and beside the entrance to the gated community is the fruit store where we buy our fresh fruit.

J 12 12.jpg

11.   And next to that is the small fish store where we buy our fresh live fish.

J 12 13.jpg

12.   Then past the barber is the fresh vegetable market.

J 12 14.jpg

13.   And next to that, the butcher. My wife is pretty smart. She has been very friendly with the butcher so we get very tender and special cuts of meat.  You can see how happy the butcher was to see us.  She came over to see what the photo of her looked like, and I will print out a copy and give it to her.  It's always smart to have a good relationship with your butcher.

J 12 15.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

9:30 p.m. here and it's still 93 F.  At least there's no floods or mudslides where I am.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

I really like the photo about sitting in the shade. My kind of day...

Excellent essay Buzz.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Great pictures, Buzz!  I wish I could see that rock in person!  thumbs up

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Dowser, you must have missed this article - it explores the rock you are talking about:

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Thanks, Buzz-- I'm on my way!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Image #9 IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS … as is a photo essay a la Buzz!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

Very enjoyable photo essay, Buzz.  And being friends with your butcher is a very smart way to approach shopping.....