╌>

Raining in the Ozarks and I'm Bored.....A Wiki Adventure

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  kavika  •  7 years ago  •  17 comments

Raining in the Ozarks and I'm Bored.....A Wiki Adventure

I woke up ready for a great weekend with my human. Running to the front door so my human could take me out to ''do my duty''. I don't have inside plumbing cos I'm a dog. Wiki is my name and playing is my game.  I just moved to the Ozarks from Nevada. It sure is a lot different here, there are forests, lakes and rivers and lots and lots of other animals and birds.

So we at are the front door and my human is putting on a strange looking jacket, one that I've never seen before and then he put's on my leash. I have a leash because I don't want my human to run away and get lost, and out we go.

Oh my, what is this stuff, my human said it raining and now my feet are all wet and my fur is getting wet, I just hate that, it's like when my human gives be a bath but the water is colder now.

I rush to my ''pee'' spot, no sniffing around this morning, just squat and pee and get back in the house. I did my duty and now my human is wandering around like everything is just fine, some time humans are not so smart. Come on human let's get back in the house, I'm getting all wet and my fur stinks when it gets wet.

Finally he heads back to the house and once inside I start rolling around on the rug to get this darn water off me, then I'm up on the sofa cleaning my feet and my human shout's at me to get off the furniture. What in the world do they think it's for if not to dry yourself off.

After drying off things are looking up, my human is finally fixing my breakfast. Kibble with a bit of bacon in it and water to lap up. My human does feed me well but I would like some of cake that they eat. I'm told that it will make me fat. I run into the closet that has a full lengh mirror and check myself out. I have to look at the bottom of the mirror cos I'm kinda of short, hey I'm to sexy for my fur, so I can have some cake.

Well breakfast is over and it's time for a nap so I jump into my bed. I have a big old Ahfgan that I bury myself under. Hey I'm a Doxie we're good at burrowing.

Well rested after a couple of hours I get up and look out the front doors. I love our new front doors, they have glass in them and it goes almost to the bottom of the door so I can look out and see the whole driveway and anyone that coming to visit me.

Oh no, it's still raining so I wander around the house and find my human unpacking boxes. We just moved you know so I guess that he has lots of ''stuff'' that he needs. Then I hear him muttering about paying to move all this stuff that we are never going to use. Hmmmm, I guess he's not happy with my other human. Then he tells me he doesn't have time to play, he has work to do so I wander off looking for something to do.

Back to the front door and it's still raining, oh my this isn't good. I spend the next hour sitting by the front door looking out to see who is coming to visit me. I can hear my human complaining about all the ''stuff'' and the other human telling him, ''hey, that's good stuff so quit complaining..No it's not, my other human says, it's all junk. Opppss this doesn't sound good, at least all my ''stuff'' is unpacked.

I better check to make sure that all my ''stuff'' is unpacked. OK, four beds with blankets and one Ahfgan, twenty six toys, four bones, my ID, and then I spot it. A PINK rain jacket, I hate that rain jacket. I'm a dog, I don't wear clothes. I'm Au Natural for the uninformed. Geez, when are they going to learn. I quickly take the rain jacket and hide it under one of my blankets. Wow that was close.

It's lunch time now and I'm only getting a little kibble, something about staying trim and fit, boring......

Time for another nap. In Nevada we called it a siesta, but here they speak another language so now it's a nap.

I'm up again and it's still raining, my human says we need the rain but it really is boring. Both my humans are unpacking their ''stuff'' so there is no one to play with.

Oh wait, there's Amos the Armadillo out in the dirt and rain. Hey Amos it's me Wiki. Amos looks up and see's me behind the glass and twitches his nose at me, he wants me to come out and play. We had so much fun the last time when he rolled up in a ball and I pushed him down the hill. He looked so funny bouncing off trees and then finally coming to rest at the bottom of the hill, I barked and barked.

Why is Amos out in the rain, his fur is going to get all wet, oh wait he doesn't have fur just that darn shell and the water runs right off it.  Sometime I wish I was an armadillo so I could go out in the rain, but I don't like eating bugs and insects.

Amos twitches his nose at me and goes back to rooting up the dirt looking for bugs. Men can be so messy and uncouth.

Well it's time for another nap. I sure hope that this rain stops soon and my humans get all their ''stuff'' unpacked so we can get back to normal.

Kavika 2012. All right reserved. Do not use without permission. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika     7 years ago

This article was written before Annie came into Wiki's life...and just after we moved from Nevada to the Ozarks.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Dogs are shocked by moving too. We moved a lot in L.A. and Harry and Sally were always getting used to new places and it was especially tough on Harry because then he had  whole lot of new places that he had to mark. 

So Wiki is Au Natural? Mine are these days too, but when we first got Harry and then later Sally at one time they had more clothes then I did. We lived in Hollywood and when I would take them for a walk there were always a few of the same people who came out (if they were home) to see what Harry and Sally were wearing that day. For cold days my wife even bought them Faux Fur coats. Harry had a black Mink one and Sally had on a brown Chinchilla. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Wiki is an Au Natural kinda girl. There is no way that she will were anything...

Funny about Harry and Sally, mink coats..LOL

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Well hey, there were some really chilly mornings in L.A. in January. lol

Kavika
Professor Principal

In the high 50's is a cold morning. LOL

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Actually many mornings in L.A. in the winter are in the high 20's to low 30's. It warms up during the day, but the morning walk can be chilly enough to see your breath and then to have to scrap the ice off from your windshield to go to work.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Randy I lived in the LA area for 40 years, Huntington Beach and Long Beach. I never saw a temp in the 20's or 30's...

Where in the world did you live, in The Valley?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Another great Wiki adventure! She really puts the venture into adventure. LOL!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

That she does RW...LOL

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen    7 years ago

Awww....  poor Wiki is bored.  What else to do when you're bored than take a nap, right?   

Great story, Kavika!    

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  KatPen   7 years ago

Wiki is the napper supreme Kat....Especially when she burrows under her afghan. LOL it's quite the sight.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I don't understand why Wiki hates her rain jacket so much, when she also is uncomfortable when her fur gets wet because it smells and I guess is also an uncomfortable feeling.  However, seeing the expression on her face in the photos you've shown with her in various costumes does give one the feeling that she's not too happy in ANY kind of clothes.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Wiki feels that with her body clothes are a distraction. You got it, flaunt it is her motto...Laugh

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Tommy won't tolerate a coat, or a dress, or even a bandanna, but LuLu loves her dresses, especially if they are pink.  She loves the color pink and will wear just about anything, as long as it's pink...  Tommy chews, bites, rolls, tears, and does everything he can to get rid of the offending garment, until it's just a rag again.  THEN he's happy.  

Poor little Wiki!  At least she has Annie now, to be bored with...  Saying a prayer for Annie and her upcoming surgery!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Tommy sounds just like Wiki, Dowser...LOL

Thanks for the prayers for Annie.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

It's another rainy day in paradise for Wiki and she doesn't even know that, silly dog! 

I'm sure she could have a talk with Wally about his humans unpacking. Boy was he bored. No one to curl up with. The nerve of us. 

You know the one thing that our furry friends hate, is when their routines change. What can you say?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

LOL, Wally and Wiki together....Of the thought of that is terrifying.