╌>

Time Spent in Buzz's Old Stomping Grounds

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  spikegary  •  7 years ago  •  33 comments

Time Spent in Buzz's Old Stomping Grounds

The company I work part time for has an annual Golf Outing and Picnic in the Halliburton County Region of Ontario, Canada (Yes, I am the lone American Employee).  They are a great bunch of people and we have a lot of fun together, though you have to be thick-skinned as an American in this group (it's all in good fun).  Here's some photos from the weekend:

20170722_085839_resized.jpg

20170722_085842_resized.jpg

20170722_124930_resized.jpg

20170722_124926_resized.jpg

20170723_134613_resized.jpg

That's Toronto out in the distance.

20170722_120007_resized.jpg

One of my bosses and I sharing the cart.

20170723_141817_resized.jpg

Even their traffic warning signs are nice.

All in all, another great fun weekend with my Canadian friends.......

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary    7 years ago

I truly enjoy it up there, swam a few times in the lake Saturday afternoon.  Always good to spend time with these folks-we all have common interests in off road vehicles of every stripe, so there is always interesting and entertaining conversation.....funny, I drink Canadian beer, by preference, they drink Coors Light and Bud Light.....not sure why that is......the whole import thing, I guess.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

As Bob Hope used to sing: "Thanks, for the memories..."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

"Even their traffic warning signs are nice."

Of course, it's Canada. They probably say Please and Thank You.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Image result for photos of nice canadian traffic signs

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Image result for memes of canadian traffic signs

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

No images show up for me, Kavika.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

The top one is a road sign showing a very confusing round about...Below it the sign states....''good luck''

The second one shows a moose wrecking a car and states...''Invincible Moose Next 5 KM''

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Hah! Typical.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

This reminds me of some of the roads we drove on in Missouri, dear friend.  Only to be equaled in confusion by some of the roads here in KY.  I especially like the road sign down in Mayfield, KY.  You're driving along and suddenly, you're airborne, car flying through the air, only to fetch up on the other side of the hill, grabbing at the steering wheel, and then, you see the road sign, "DIP".  I never knew if it was a warning sign, misplaced, or an insult....

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

They do say 'please' Buzz.....but they are entirely serious about distracted driving....that's a $495 fine plus 3 demerit points.  I snuck those pictures.....being the out of control American I am.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Spike, we need to know what your score was when you played a round of FLOG (golf spelled backwards)

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

We were on the same team, playing 'Best Ball', I actually was striking the ball quite well.  I'm not sure how that happened.  I actually got to put my name on the 'Closest to the Pin' contest sign on the 3rd hole (par 3).  I was about 10 feet from the hole.......though 2 others bested that distance.

We shot a 35 on 9, I think they said we were 2 over par.  But, we had lots of fun and laughs......

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary    7 years ago

BTW, that was the first time ever I got to put my name on one of those contest signs.  3 Iron, 165 yards.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

I understand that your going to have the sign bronzed and mounted in your front yard Spike. I don't know if that's true but Enoch told me and he never lies.Laugh

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Still have the ball on display first time I ever made it to a single bogey........still working on the par one......

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Dear Friend Kaviak: Laughing. Good one.

I played a game with some friends from Japan once.

They called the game, "Oh Crap"!

Good call.

E.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

I did spend some time communing with nature.  That's what I call walking in the woods looking for my ball.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Haliburton Highlands (notice only ONE "l" in Haliburton) - Fishing off my dock. Rod in one hand, beer in the other.

buzz buzz 3.jpg

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Thanks, Counsellor.

LOL

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

What fun and great pictures, Gary!!!  I love them!  Wish I could have been there!  thumbs up

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Lots of fun, I go up twice a year, next one is the Annual Christmas Party at the Pinestone Resort in Minden.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

I apologize for my slowness in getting to the recent photo essays; I am currently trying to fill publisher requests and am dealing with a 400 image database … and shooting new stuff continuously.

The PHOTO ESSAY is becoming a standard on NT … and because each one presents different content from different individuals, the diversity in subject matter, photographer point-of-view and geographic origin for each, makes NT unique!

And, as each essay tends to "invite" members other than the given essay-author to add photos that relate both specifically and broadly to the original … that's a dimension enhancer!

Nice work!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Thank you.  I enjoy taking photos of places I travel to.  My dad was very good at taking pictures of mountain streams, especially in the beginning and/or end of winter, mixing ice into the picture.  He used to get requests to hang his work in local businesses, like banks.  Requests he always honored.  Those framed photos are all at my parents' condo or at the Lake House.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Until now I don't rerall actually inviting members to post photos on my photo-essays - never thought of asking, but I will from now on. It would HONOUR me for others to post on my articles.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

It would HONOUR me for others to post on my articles.

Photo essays of the quality and scope of yours, Buzz, IMO generates an incentive to "join in" -- a great stimulus for sharing and showing.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Agreed!