╌>

Trump Says He Deserves No Blame for State of America Because He Has Not Actually Worked for Past Four Years | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Trump Says He Deserves No Blame for State of America Because He Has Not Actually Worked for Past Four Years | The New Yorker
"I could understand people blaming me for things if I had actually been doing my job," he said.

I've got a rail, tar and feathers if you've got the time...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

undefined

By Andy Borowitz

September 1, 2020 Borowitz-TrumpGolf.jpg Photograph by James Cheadle / Alamy

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Pushing back against attempts to brand the United States of 2020 as "Trump's America," Donald Trump said that he deserves no blame for the state of the country, because he has not actually done any work for the past four years.

"I could understand people blaming me for things if I had actually been doing my job, but, quite frankly, I haven't," he said. "Anybody who claims otherwise is a terrible person."

"CNN, which is a disgrace, says that it's the White House's fault for this and the White House's fault for that," he added. "Well, I've hardly been at the White House, so, once again, they're wrong."

Attempting to answer the question of whose America it is, if not his, Trump said, "The last President who actually worked at the White House was Barack Obama. So if this is anybody's America it's his and Sleepy Joe's. People are saying that. They're sick of living in Biden's America, and we cannot give Joe Biden another four years."

He rejected any suggestion that, as President, he must own the current conditions in America, asserting, "I know what I own and what I don't own. I own Bill Barr. I own Mitch McConnell. I don't own America."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Trump has been working my last nerve for four years!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Satire but completely accurate.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    4 years ago

He cheats at golf all the time. Does that count as work ? 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

Nah, not unless someone else loses their money.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

Andy hit it on the head once again.