╌>

Trump Blasts Supporters Who Plan to Vote for Him Only Once | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Trump Blasts Supporters Who Plan to Vote for Him Only Once | The New Yorker
The President called supporters who intend to cast only one vote for him "disgracefully low-energy."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

undefined

By Andy Borowitz

September 3, 2020 Borowitz-PollingPlace.jpg Photograph by Stephen Maturen / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a withering critique of his own voters, Donald J. Trump on Thursday blasted supporters who plan to vote for him only once.

Speaking to reporters, Trump called supporters who intend to cast only one vote for him "disgracefully low-energy," claiming that they are "like Jeb Bush and Sleepy Joe put together."

"I like supporters who have stamina," he said. "Stamina means you keep voting for me until someone tells you to stop."

He said that voters should vote for him once by mail, again in person, and "maybe even more than that."

"Let's say you vote in person," he said. "Go away, put a mustache or wig on, and try to vote again."

Asked about the legality of Trump's suggestions, Attorney General Bill Barr said, "As Attorney General, I try to stay out of things involving laws."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

For Crying Out Loud!  Deliver Us Oh Lord From Trump!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago
Asked about the legality of Trump's suggestions, Attorney General Bill Barr said, "As Attorney General, I try to stay out of things involving laws."

Ain't that the truth. LOL, classic Andy.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Borowitz is having a field day this summer pointing out Trump's shortcomings as a leader and as a human being. It is an endless fountain. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Gee, his supporters don't want to commit a felony for him?  How rude of them.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
The President called supporters who intend to cast only one vote for him "disgracefully low-energy."The President called supporters who intend to cast only one vote for him "disgracefully low-energy."

LOL  :)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Once again he is asking other people to go to prison for him lol.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8  bugsy    4 years ago

Of course liberals fall for satire and try to sell it as the truth. Falls right in line with "Knees" Harris believing those two Russian comedians were that little climate brat and Shifty Schiff fell for them too.

Most liberals are so gullible.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.1  cjcold  replied to  bugsy @8    4 years ago
climate brat

Is this your way of denying scientific reality?

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.1  bugsy  replied to  cjcold @8.1    4 years ago
Is this your way of denying scientific reality?

Show me where I denied anything, not just where I hurt your feelings..

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  bugsy @8    4 years ago

So he didn't say it

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.2    4 years ago

Nope. Sure didn't. At least not what the left thinks he said.

He is right about sending in a mail ballot early, then go to the polling place to see if your vote has been tabulated. If it has not, vote at the voting booth. When your mail ballot is being counted, it will be flagged that you voted at the precinct and your mail ballot will be rejected. Nothing wrong with that and just more leftist "OMG, orange man bad said something we don't like again".

I don't live in New Jersey, but my understanding there is that ballot will be sent to every registered voter, dead or alive. If you do not want to vote by mail, you vote in person, but your vote is only provisional. This is not to be trusted because you have no way of knowing whether your vote is counted or not.

The best way to describe this is if Nancy can go into a salon unmasked, or leftists can riot and burn unmasked, then Americans should go to the voting booth masked, social distanced, and vote in person. No reason for universal mail in ballots. Absentees are and always have been acceptable.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  bugsy @8.2.1    4 years ago
Nope. Sure didn't.

And elephants are pink. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.2.2    4 years ago

22d98c74379a77bc9851078c0cc32b9d.jpg