╌>

Trump's racism revealed in tell-all book by former executive — and it's hitting before the election

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  33 comments

By:   Sarah Toce

Trump's racism revealed in tell-all book by former executive — and it's hitting before the election
A new book by former Trump Organization executive Barbara A. Res takes a deep look into the unlikely man who would ultimately become President Donald J. Trump. "Tower of Lies: What My 18 Years of Working with Donald Trump Reveals about Him" is due for release Oct. 20, but the Los Angeles Times leaked some […]

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Published

20 hours ago

on

October 16, 2020

By

Sarah Tocetrump-1.jpg Barbara A. Res (Screen Grab)ShareTweet

A new book by former Trump Organization executive Barbara A. Res takes a deep look into the unlikely man who would ultimately become President Donald J. Trump. "Tower of Lies: What My 18 Years of Working with Donald Trump Reveals about Him" is due for release Oct. 20, but the Los Angeles Times leaked some tidbits worth noting ahead of schedule.

Res recalled a time nearly 40 years ago during the erection of Trump Tower on New York City's Fifth Avenue when Trump mulled, "These politicians don't know anything. Maybe I should run for president. Wouldn't that be something?"

"The seeds of who he is today were planted back when I worked with him," Res wrote in her book, "He was able to control others, through lies and exaggeration, with promises of money or jobs, through threats of lawsuits or exposure. He surrounded himself with yes-men, blamed others for his own failures, never took responsibility, and always stole credit. These tactics are still at work, just deployed at the highest levels of the U.S. government, with all the corruption and chaos that necessarily ensue."

Res wrote that "bigotry and bias control Donald's view of the world, even the so-called positive stereotypes, which are just as damaging, like saying the Japanese (whom he seems to despise) are smarter than Americans."

When Trump saw a Black worker on a construction site, he yelled at Res to "get him off there right now … and don't ever let that happen again. I don't want people to think that Trump Tower is being built by Black people."

Res recalled Trump berating her for their guests. "Barbara, I don't want Black kids sitting in the lobby where people come to buy million-dollar apartments!"

Res said that Trump hired a German residential manager because he believed his heritage made him "especially clean and orderly," and said on another occasion that he "can't stand" the working people who make up his political base.

It's not the first book to be written about Trump's candidacy and presidency and certainly won't be his last. In addition to Res' printed account, Trump's former fixer Michael Cohen has vocalized his discontent with the president, as have Trump's his former national security adviser John Bolton, his own estranged niece, Mary Trump, and veteran journalist Bob Woodward.

Res offered that if Trump changed in any way since she worked with him, "He's only become more himself. He is Trump raised to the nth degree, but Trump nonetheless. Donald Squared, I call him." She later wrote, "It's not hard to look at the trajectory of his entire life and spot an unmistakable pattern: The bigger he got as a name, the smaller he got as a person."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
Res wrote that "bigotry and bias control Donald's view of the world, even the so-called positive stereotypes, which are just as damaging, like saying the Japanese (whom he seems to despise) are smarter than Americans."

When Trump saw a Black worker on a construction site, he yelled at Res to "get him off there right now … and don't ever let that happen again. I don't want people to think that Trump Tower is being built by Black people."

Res recalled Trump berating her for their guests. "Barbara, I don't want Black kids sitting in the lobby where people come to buy million-dollar apartments!"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Barbara Res is a no BS person. You can take her stories to the bank. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

How come we never hear a story from Trump's past that talks about what a great guy he is?

The only stories we see like that seem to come from his children (who depend on him for their money and livelihood).  Even his niece and his sister say he's an asshole. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago
How come we never hear a story from Trump's past that talks about what a great guy he is?

OK.

Donald Trump, a champion of women? His female employees think so.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

This is the sign welcoming people to our reservation in Red Lake MN. (my people and my reservation) It was defaced with a Swastika and Trump 2020 last week after Trump was in Bemidji MN touting his ''good genes and Racehorse Theory. 

_v=63f541602846573

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago

I don't see a picture, just a big hat.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1    4 years ago

I see it fine, Paula but here is a link to the article.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    4 years ago

Trump never heard of this incident, so it must not have happened.  /s. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1    4 years ago

Paula,

You need to clear the cache "Images only" in your browser. 

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.1.5  zuksam  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    4 years ago

So some jackass paints this on a sign and it's Trumps fault ? I don't think so. It was probably painted by a Biden Supporter because no real Trump Supporter would think this could help get Trump re-elected.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5  bugsy    4 years ago

The real question is if Trump is such a racist, why did this woman stay with him for 18 years?

Another non story from JR.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @5    4 years ago
, why did this woman stay with him for 18 years?

If everyone who has seen or heard racism at their workplace quit their jobs at every instance , the nation would come to a standstill. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    4 years ago

But stayed for 18 years...after such rampant racism?

Non story.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @5.1.1    4 years ago

lol.     This woman was the construction manager on Trump Tower NYC , Trump's pride and joy. She is not an insignificant nobody. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    4 years ago

Never said she was a nobody. If she was so "disgusted" by Trump's "racism", then maybe she was the dumbass for staying his "pride and joy" for 18 years. Tells me she was supportive of that "racism".

Many years later, we have just another Trump hater. Liberalism must have eaten through her brain.

Nothing new.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @5.1.3    4 years ago

Why does everyone 'hate' Trump? 

All these people are lying or jealous? LOL. Its absurd.  He's a piece of shit human being. Wake up. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.5  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.4    4 years ago

John, you should go ahead and just admit it. The only reason why the left hates Trump and thinks he is a piece of shit is because his name is not Hillary.

There has been no other legitimate reasoning.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.1.6  Drakkonis  replied to  bugsy @5.1.1    4 years ago
But stayed for 18 years...after such rampant racism?

That's a good question, but it doesn't make it a non-story. What she says could still be true. Might not be. That's the tough part about all of this and the world we live in today. Media of all types have been so thoroughly poisoned by partisanship that nobody can trust anything anyone says anymore.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @5.1.5    4 years ago

Yeah, we should all admire a known serial liar, crook, bigot, moron and cheat. 

What century are you living in? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.8  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.7    4 years ago

You still think Bill Clinton is president?

I guess if I was married to Hillary, I'd be a cheat too, but that's another story.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.9  bugsy  replied to  Drakkonis @5.1.6    4 years ago
but it doesn't make it a non-story. What she says could still be true. Might not be

So why does the left summarily dismiss the NY Post story about the Bidens and their shady, corrupt history with Russian and China.

Should it be a non story they claim it is?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.1.10  Drakkonis  replied to  bugsy @5.1.9    4 years ago
So why does the left summarily dismiss the NY Post story about the Bidens and their shady, corrupt history with Russian and China. Should it be a non story they claim it is?

Of course it shouldn't be a non-story. Problem is, truth lost out to narrative so long ago no one can really sell truth anymore or be confident that they're getting the truth. So, people just go with either what they want to believe or guess on what is most likely true. Poor way to run a railroad. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @5    4 years ago
The real question is if Trump is such a racist, why did this woman stay with him for 18 years?

How so?  I stayed with my last employer for 15 years before retiring and he is unabashedly political animal, but he has reined in his

racism from years ago.   The job paid well and I only had to see him once a month for an hour.  It's not like we lived together or his racism affected me personally.  there are assholes in every walk of life, some are obvious, others hide it well.

Barb was one of the few women in the field and Trump liked her pedigree and no nonsense approach with contractors and

construction people.  I suppose she was happy with the trade offs for quite a while.

Barbara A. Res is an attorney and professional engineer. She started her career in construction in 1972 in New York City. She worked for electrical contractors, a general contractor and then, developers, most notably Donald Trump, Leonard Stern and Steven Roth. She was the vice president in charge of construction of the renowned Trump Tower Res spent many years working for Trump and has written extensively about her experience with him From being quite close on the Trump Tower project, their relationship changed as Trump became richer and more famous and eventually, she left his employ because she could no longer tolerate him. She has authored many articles about him.
Res wrote a memoir, "All Alone on the 68th Floor: How One Woman Changed the Face of Construction" which chronicles her life from being a stellar Math student steered into teaching because she was a girl, through engineering school and working in construction offices and work sites. She endured relentless harassment and it impacted her psyche and her life.
Res does a lot of public speaking about her experiences and sexual harassment. She is an inspirational leader, who injects a sense of humor into everything she does.
Res has also written about the problems with women in STEM fields, especially engineering.
Res is the proud mother of 32 year old twins, billed by her as her greatest accomplishment.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @5.2    4 years ago

How so what?

This woman was at his side day in and day out for 18 years, not one hour once a month. Trump was supposedly a racist, your boss was only political...big difference.

If you stay with your racist boss for that many years, then you are no better than the boss is, no matter the pay.

Keep in mind....Trump was a democrat for more than 50 years, during the time this woman worked for him. This woman is a democrat so probably agreed with all the "racism" of Trump, but now that Trump is a republican...

Orange man bad...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @5.2.1    4 years ago

You might have to read the book...before you critique it, lol.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.2    4 years ago

Maybe, but my point stands. You stay with an "open racist" boss for 18 years, then you are complacent, and probably agreeable, to those racist ideals.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.5  Split Personality  replied to    4 years ago

I have had several racist bosses.  Two of them were black car dealers, one was a retired Army Colonel

who was a chef. The difference is that  blacks who don't know you very well, try to make their remarks a question

so it can be laughed off.  Most white people that I worked for don't care how it comes out.  It is what it is.

Black & Mexican relitives are a hoot after a few drinks.  Racism for sport. 

With me as the target some times, Good times.

Good thing they don't think I'm a bad person.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @5.2.3    4 years ago

She had twins.

It's remarkable what people will put up with to make ends meet and protect the lifestyle they are providing for their kids.

That's not complacency or approval.  That's parenting 101, shut up and suck it up until you can afford to move on.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

If after this, he still has even ONE black supporter, then they are truly as stupid as Trump thinks they are and for once, he would be right.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

It's obviously Russian propaganda and hearsay.

No need to address it. 

(did I do that right?)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    4 years ago
It's obviously Russian propaganda and hearsay

Nah, Barbara Res is not as dumb as Rudy Giuliani.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I would LOVE to know what he said to Ivanka when he first learned she was in love with a Jewish man and was going to marry him, and even convert to Judaism