╌>

Militia leader Stewart Rhodes says that his group will be at polling locations and is ready to kill Democrats

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  40 comments

By:   Timothy Johnson, Media Matters

Militia leader Stewart Rhodes says that his group will be at polling locations and is ready to kill Democrats

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WRITTEN BY   TIMOTHY JOHNSON

PUBLISHED   10/28/20 11:29 AM EDT

Oath Keepers militia leader Stewart Rhodes said members of his militia will be at polling locations on Election Day to “protect” Trump voters during an appearance on far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ program.

After making that claim, Rhodes made a number of unhinged statements, including saying Oath Keepers would follow directives from President Donald Trump to take members of the “deep state” into custody and “do what we have to do,” that Trump should invoke   the Insurrection Act   before the election, that Oath Keepers will “be in range” of Washington D.C., to stop a “Benghazi-style” attack on the White House on election night, and that a war will have to be fought against Democrats on the West Coast who are “bought” by the Chinese government. Rhodes also hyped the possibility of a second civil war where his “battle-hardened” supporters kill the “street soldiers” and “command and control” of “the radical left.” He later claimed the United States is already in a civil war because “you have sitting politicians who are part of the enemy’s ranks.” 

Disturbingly, Rhodes telegraphed how he will interpret election results,  saying  that he would consider a win by Democratic nominee Joe Biden illegitimate and evidence the election had been stolen, presaging how he and his militia might react to that outcome.

Rhodes’ Oath Keepers militia, which is comprised of “former law enforcement officials and military veterans,” is   described   by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “one of the largest radical antigovernment groups in the U.S. today.” The Los Angeles Times   reported   Rhodes has indicated that some Oath Keepers “have signed up as poll watchers, while others plan to monitor the election armed and ‘undercover,’ drawing their weapons if needed.”

During an October 27 appearance on   The Alex Jones Show , Rhodes   said   members of his militia are going to “stand up and protect people on Election Day” at the polls because opponents of Trump will be supposedly “coercing and threatening” his supporters as part of an effort by Democrats to steal the election.

He went on to make a number of statements filled with violent rhetoric against the left:

• Discussing the “coming civil war,” Rhodes   said   Trump should “declassify all the secrets” to expose the “deep state” and that then his group will “go and put it to them, and take them into custody and do what we have to do.” 
  • Rhodes   said   Trump should invoke the Insurrection Act before the election, when “he was the clear, undisputed president of the United States,” in order to stay in power.
  • Rhodes   said   his group is “concerned about a Benghazi-style attack” on election night against the White House and that some of his “best men” will be “posted outside of D.C.” and “within range.” He said he does not trust the military because a “stand down order” could be issued that allows the attack to happen. Rhodes said such an attack could result in “the antifa flag or communist flag flying over the White House.”
  • Jones then   raised   the prospect of up to 20,000 antifa supporters storming the White House on the night of the election and predicted that would cause the Secret Service to “run out of bullets.” Rhodes said “that’s what we’re concerned about,” claiming the people who would plan an attack on the White House “have a lot of jihadists who are well-trained and experienced in warfare.”
  • Rhodes   said   that “bought” Democrats and “leftists” on the West Coast are participants in a proxy war being waged by China against the U.S., saying, “That’s who we are fighting right now on the streets.” (Rhodes and other Oath Keeper supporters have   showed up   at protests against police brutality carrying weapons.) Rhodes then said, “You got to defeat them in warfare, and then you got to figure out, it’s kind of like with the Founding Fathers dealing with the loyalists, what do you do with these people?”
  • After Jones   asked   him about “military rules of engagement,” Rhodes predicted a possible civil war between the right and left and said that “our side will not just go and fight their street soldiers; we will go for their command and control also” because “that’s a smart thing to do in warfare. That’s what’s going to happen.”
  • Rhodes then   said , “We’ve had recent discussions with guys that are special warfare veterans and also current serving. They’re paying very much attention to what’s going on and quite a few of them are waking up. And so it’s not going to be an easy fight for the radical left. They’re going to get swamped with very competent, battle-hardened veterans on our side.”
  • Rhodes   declared   that there is already a civil war in the U.S., “because you have sitting politicians who are part of the enemy’s ranks,” adding that “we have 14 million veterans, I believe, at least, a massive pool of combat veterans who are awake and aware.”

Ahead of Election Day, there is   mounting concern   that firearms will be brought to voting locations and used to intimidate voters.  On October 27, a   Republican-appointed   Michigan judge   struck down   a directive that prohibited firearms from being openly carried at polling sites in that state after several pro-gun groups filed a lawsuit. Just six states and Washington, D.C., have total bans of firearms at voting locations.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

And we're called the looney left.

This guy and Jones are evil hateful scum.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    4 years ago

That's the "psychotic" right for you. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

He really should think (if possible) about what he is saying. I'm sure that the FBI is right there waiting for him to make the slightest slip of words or actions.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    4 years ago

The biggest threat of violence comes from the right.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

I wonder what the eye patch is all about.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @5    4 years ago
I wonder what the eye patch is all about.  

He stuck a sharpe stick in his eye. He isn't very bright.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Kavika @5.1    4 years ago

He was lucky he wasn't arrested for that. That sharpie was official government property.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    4 years ago

I bet there's nothing wrong.  I bet this scumbag thinks it makes him look like a badass.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @5    4 years ago
Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes. Rhodes, who wears a black eye patch over his left eye - the result of a bullet wound he says was an accident but declined to detail

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @5.2    4 years ago

Dumb shit probably shot himself accidentally.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @5.2    4 years ago

see my comment at 5.3

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.1    4 years ago

... moron prematurely hit the torch trigger the last time he was hitting the crack pipe. the oath keeper morons crossed the line into domestic terrorists at the bundy ranch. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @5    4 years ago

Red Ryder BB gun

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3    4 years ago

You so silly!  jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Insurrection Act? Why? Is there a real concern from the FBI or Homeland Security that there will an insurrection?

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    4 years ago

Can you imagine these lunatics if donald is not reelected (if he is, God help us).

After all the memes about people crying over Hillary, these people are going to blow a gasket...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ender @7    4 years ago

... or shoot people... 

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Ender  replied to  Bob Nelson @7.1    4 years ago

Would not shock me. With them already planning on kidnapping people and dispensing their own justice.

It will all be a deep state cabal out to get them...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    4 years ago

They must defend themselves! 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    4 years ago

trmp has already suggested that Biden will be assassinated soon after taking office

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
7.1.4  SteevieGee  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.3    4 years ago

So...  Trump has suggested that Biden will be taking office?  Oh, and of course that would give us President Harris.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  SteevieGee @7.1.4    4 years ago

Yeah...I think he had a "senior moment" there....

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Jesus.

PJ
Masters Quiet
9  PJ    4 years ago

This country needs to invest in addressing mental illness.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

We've heard of several 'assassination'/kidnapping plots, etc. against Joe Biden and other democrats but nothing against this 'president'.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
10.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @10    4 years ago

So you should be able tolist several of them....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @10.1    4 years ago

'EXECUTION PLOT'  

Scheme to ‘kidnap and execute’ Joe Biden and Kamala Harris busted by Secret Service as ‘would-be killer’ arrested

• Oct 21 2020,   11:49 ET
  • Updated : Oct 21 2020,   14:04 ET

A SCHEME to allegedly kidnap and execute Joe Biden and Kamala Harris was busted by Secret Service and the "would-be killer" was arrested.

A   criminal complaint   was filed by the Secret Service on Wednesday about the man, who was identified as   James Dale Reed .

According to the document, obtained by the New York Times , Reed approached a house in his hometown on October 4 that had Biden-Harris campaign signs in the front yard.

Reed allegedly left a handwritten note containing graphic threats against the Democratic candidates and their supporters.

He was also caught on a Ring door camera delivering the note.

Someone who knew the man saw the footage and confirmed it was him.

The letter had "WARNING!!!" in large red letters at the top, before going on to alert the reader that they will be "targeted" if they support the duo.

"We have a list of homes and addresses by your election signs. We are the ones with those scary guns, We are the ones your children have nightmares about," the threat continues.

The graphic letter goes on to detail the sodomizing of Harris and the beating of "Grandpa Biden" before executing them on national television.

While being interviewed at his home on October 13, Reed denied that he left the letter.

However, two days later, he admitted to the act and was arrested.

If he is convicted, Reed will face a maximum of five years in   jail .

Reed has previously been known to the Secret Service for making a threatening statement against a person under its protection in 2014.

United States   Attorney for the District of   Maryland   Robert K. Hur said: "We take these types of threats extremely seriously. Such threats to commit violence are illegal and have no place in our democracy, and we will hold accountable those who make them.

"We are grateful for the assistance of the City of Frederick Police Department and to citizens who provided tips that ultimately led to Mr. Reed’s arrest and these federal charges."

The news comes   just weeks after a similar plan   over the abduction of Democrat darling Gretchen Whitmer was foiled.

13 charged in plots against Michigan governor, police

By DAVID EGGERT and ED WHITE October 8, 2020
The governor delivered remarks addressing Michiganders after the Michigan Attorney General, Michigan State Police, U.S. Department of Justice, and FBI announced state and federal charges against 13 members of two militia groups who were preparing to kidnap and possibly kill the governor. (Michigan Office of the Governor via AP)

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Agents foiled a stunning plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, authorities said Thursday in announcing charges in an alleged scheme that involved months of planning and even rehearsals to snatch her from her vacation home.

Six men were charged in federal court with conspiring to kidnap the governor before the Nov. 3 elections in reaction to what they viewed as her “uncontrolled power,” according to a federal complaint. Separately, seven others linked to a paramilitary group called the Wolverine Watchmen were charged in state court for allegedly seeking to storm the Michigan Capitol and seek a “civil war.”

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.1    4 years ago

That's my girl!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11  Greg Jones    4 years ago

Wait for the organized protests and riots when Trump is reelected...the polls are almost identical to four years ago

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @11    4 years ago

Would you please show us one? I saw one the other day that had Biden at 52 and trmp at 42

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
11.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1    4 years ago

As I have said before, I believe it is a mistake to trust results of a political poll as the results are largely dependent on those commissioning said polls as results come from a relatively small percentage of the population and using demographics that suit the views of those commissioning said polls and are easily manipulated. This is done by both right and left and as such I stopped believing in those results a long time ago. According to polls, HRC was supposed to have won by a landslide in 2016. Biden may very well win, but I am willing to wait until all the votes are tallied because, not because some poll said so. The reality is that it is not over till it's over on election day. You have a good day.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @11.1.1    4 years ago

Actually, if I remember right, Hillary started slipping in the polls right around this time in 2016.

But you are right about trusting polls. I try not to take any stock in them. I was yanking Greg's chain because if someone is going to put that kind of statement out there, one should back it up

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
12  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Yep, there are some people who take poll results as the ultimate sign from the Almighty himself.😁

Dulay
Professor Expert
13  Dulay    4 years ago

Here's a fact sheet for those who intend to vote in person:

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
14  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

How are these guys going to figure out who to shoot when Trump loses?  Bumper stickers?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
14.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @14    4 years ago

Anyone without a MAGA cap... 

bugsy
Professor Participates
14.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Bob Nelson @14.1    4 years ago
Anyone without a MAGA cap

Well, let's see, Bob.

I do not own a MAGA hat and I voted for Trump.

Does that make me safe? How would these dumbasses know I voted for Trump?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
14.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @14.1.1    4 years ago
Does that make me safe? How would these dumbasses know I voted for Trump?

When he said "these guys" he was talking about Trump supporters shooting Democrats, and Bob mentioned they would be able to tell who to shoot by those "without a MAGA cap" so I guess you would be less safe without one, the "dumbasses" shooting people without MAGA hats you reference are your fellow Trump supporters.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
14.1.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  bugsy @14.1.1    4 years ago

They wouldn't. You'd be seriously in trouble.

You know the story about the the mace-wielding bishop who was besieging a heretic stronghold? Just before the final assault, one of his commanders asked, "Your Grace, the heretics live among our loyal believers. How may we know who should be slain?" 

The bishop responded, "Kill them all! God will know his own..." 

bugsy
Professor Participates
14.1.4  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @14.1.2    4 years ago
Trump supporters shooting Democrats,

Has there been anybody that fits this description?

Now, if you want to talk about what most liberals support.....property destruction, assaults, looting, rioting.

When Trump wins again, I'm sure your similar ideological friends will be out doing all the above.