╌>

Rep. Maxine Waters Tells Jim Jordan To Shut His Mouth

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  101 comments

By:   John Amato (Crooks and Liars)

Rep. Maxine Waters Tells Jim Jordan To Shut His Mouth
Another back and forth continued until Rep. Maxine Waters finally had enough and yelled, "You need to respect the chair and shut your mouth!" Mic drop.

VIDEO AT SEED LINK

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

During a hearing today from the House Select Committee on the Coronavirus Crisis, Rep. Jim Jordan was so nasty to Dr. Anthony Fauci and Chairman Jim Clyburn that Rep. Maxine Waters had enough, telling him to respect that chair and "shut your mouth."

Jordan, playing the COVID fool for QAnon, demanded to know when CDC restrictions and guidelines will be rescinded so Americans can get their freedoms back.

There was a lot of back and forth between the two. Dr. Fauci replied that he doesn't look at it as a liberty thing, but as a national health problem.

Jordan, practically spitting from his seat, demanded a date and time. Fauci kept explaining that was dependent upon the number of people being vaccinated, as well as the infection rates going down.

Dr. Fauci said, "My message, Congressman Jordan, is to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as we possibly can to get the level of infection in this country low, so that it is no longer a threat."

Chairman Clyburn then gaveled, and Jordan's time was up, but Gym refused to adhere to his time limit. Chairman Clyburn responded to Jordan and the Ohio representative exploded at the chairman and at Dr. Fauci.

Another back and forth continued until Rep. Maxine Waters finally had enough and yelled, "You need to respect the chair and shut your mouth!"

Mic drop.

That's how you deal with a bullying buffoon.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Jordan was harassing Dr. Fauci who has become a whipping boy for the right. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

He asked a straightforward question and couldn’t get a straight answer. He was justified in continuing to demand an answer. Waters was morally and procedurally out of line.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    3 years ago

Ridicuous. Fauci gave him a straightforward answer. They cannot give an exact date the restrictions will end because it depends on how fast the infection levels come down. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

He didn't ask him for a date. He was asking him for a level of infection at which things could go back to normal. It's not unreasonable to ask for a specific number.

For example, California has been operating at different tiers of restrictions based on the levels of new cases, hospitalizations, ICU capacity, and so on. From what I have seen so far, the last number to fall in each county has been the new case levels. 

To show you how specific it gets, if your county's 7 Day Average Case Rate per 100,000 residents is greater than 10, your county is in the most restrictive purple tier. If it's 6-10, you're in the red tier, which is less restrictive. If it's 2- 5.9, you move down to the orange tier, and if it's less than 2, you're in the yellow tier. There is some discussion now about creating a green tier, at which people and businesses could pretty much go back to business as usual.

Why is it so unreasonable to ask for the same thing from Dr. Fauci, regarding the country as a whole?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.2    3 years ago

If the country as a whole were taking all the precautions, then maybe a timeline could be estimated.  But when you have states whose governors are refusing to follow the recommended precautions (ie - Desantis), it is not possible.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
1.1.4  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.3    3 years ago
If the country as a whole were taking all the precautions, then maybe a timeline could be estimated.

NO DATE was requested.  Jordan asked for the metric as in what percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated?   I had to find the exchange by searching and even here in GB I could do that.  

Also, if the "recommended" precautions would not be set in shifting never able to set Jello, maybe they would get better "cooperation"/

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.3    3 years ago

So what are they going to do?  Crack down harder in blue states as red ones open up more? We are going to go back to normal come what may no matter what Biden or Fauci or Newsom say or do.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.3    3 years ago
If the country as a whole were taking all the precautions, then maybe a timeline could be estimated.

Nobody asked for a timeline. Jordan didn’t ask for a timeline, and I didn’t say anything about a timeline. We’re talking about infections. At what level of active infections can we go back to normal life? That is a reasonable - and answerable - question.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.7  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.6    3 years ago

The Ohio Republican continued to press Fauci on when masking and social distancing would no longer be recommended, often interrupting the doctor as he replied. 

Not exactly a "timeline" but it's pretty close.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.6    3 years ago

I was using it in reference to the following.

demanded to know when CDC restrictions and guidelines will be rescinded.

WHEN is my reference to the word timeline.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.7    3 years ago

Thank you pat.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.8    3 years ago
WHEN is my reference to the word timeline.

Yeah, i got that. But if you watch the first minute and a half of the video, then you learn that there is context around the word “when.” Jordan makes it clear that he is not looking for a date, but rather some objective metric on infection rates.

The clear idea being that “when” we reach a low enough level of infection (as Fauci said), we can go back to normal life.

So even Dr. Fauci understood this context, but he took such umbrage at Jordan’s use of the words “liberty” and “freedom” that he refused to give Jordan the specificity he explicitly asked for.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.10    3 years ago

Imo, after watching it, Jordon didn't get the answer he wanted so he kept hounding and yelling...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @1.1.11    3 years ago

Which is what he should do. If a congressperson asks a witness a question and doesn’t get an answer, he should keep after him. “Hounding” is his responsibility. If only our news media were as persistent.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.12    3 years ago

Hounding people is a responsibility? In what world?

Wasn't your side of the isle completely pissed off when the press core hounded the press secretary...

And he did get an answer, no matter how many times you say he didn't.

The whole situation is fluid.

There is no way in hell he could give an exact date.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Ender  replied to    3 years ago

Hey I have the flu. Tell me the exact minute when I will be completely recovered...

Unreal.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.17  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @1.1.13    3 years ago
Hounding people is a responsibility? In what world?

Oh, I don’t know. In the grown up real world?

Wasn't your side of the isle

I don’t have a side of the aisle.

And he did get an answer, no matter how many times you say he didn't.

No, he didn’t. He asked for a metric. He asked for an objective standard. Fauci could have even said there wasn’t such a thing, but he didn’t. He would have been lying, though, because states do have a metric. They do have an objective standard.

There is no way in hell he could give an exact date.

That tells me you haven’t watched the video and you haven’t been reading my comments. Jordan did not ask for a date. He asked for a metric. He asked for an objective outcome.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Ender  replied to    3 years ago

Ever notice people like that think being loud makes a difference.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.19  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @1.1.15    3 years ago

You really need to watch the video before commenting on its content. That’s what unreal.

I linked the whole thing below, including a transcription of the first couple of minutes.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.17    3 years ago

I think what ever happened before the vid would be telling. It starts with Fauci saying I told you that.

What I got from his comments he goes on to say it would be gradual, depending on infection.

That is the answer he gave.

As I said, there is no way to give exact specifics. It is fluid.

By the way, doing it gradually is what most states have been trying to do.

Jordan is just grandstanding and being a dick, using specific language as to further his own political career.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.19    3 years ago

I have watched it and I think you do not have any secret ability to know what I have and have not done.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.19    3 years ago

By the way, reading your comments, there is no way for him to give a red light or green light to the country as a whole when different areas can have different infection rates.

Also the states are in control of most of what happens.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.23  CB  replied to  Ender @1.1.13    3 years ago

Emphatically.

Jordan was 'badgering' his witness. What Jordan needed from Fauci was for the NIAID and Chief Medical Advisor to the President to break with protocol and put himself and his reputation in question—once he could not deliver the 'solution' to this virus according to any specific matrices.

This virus is "highly" dynamic , and medical science knows this to be a fact of the matters involved.

People are foolishly negligent in their consistency to mask-wearing, getting vaccinated, and maintaining social distances from strangers.

Dr. Fauci replied properly. He should not and must not give Trump's cohorts in congress political ammunition to continue bashing medical science, the institutes he represents and offices he holds, and this president!

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday said Republicans who want to lift COVID-19 restrictions but don’t want to get vaccinated don’t “make any sense.”

“It’s almost paradoxical that on the one hand, they want to be relieved of the restrictions, but on the other hand,
they don’t want to get vaccinated. It just almost doesn’t make any sense,” Fauci said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.24  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.18    3 years ago
Ever notice people like that think being loud makes a difference

So you admit that the idiot BLM rioters and true protestors that get loud and in people's faces are not making a difference.

That's great because most Americans think they are simply idiots that like to burn things down.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.24    3 years ago

Holy way to change the subject Batman....

Think about BLM often? I don't. Not on my mind 24/7.

I didn't know you could speak for most of America. Congrats on the position.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.26  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @1.1.22    3 years ago
Also the states are in control of most of what happens.

Of course they are. But that hasn’t kept Dr. Fauci from making all sorts of recommendations on behaviors, restrictions and lockdowns. This very exchange between him and Jordan is based his recommendation.

Why can’t he give a specific recommend for when - i.e. the specific conditions under which - they could stop doing those things?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.27  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @1.1.20    3 years ago
As I said, there is no way to give exact specifics. It is fluid.

That’s why you have tiers of restrictions based on objective outcomes. This is exactly what California has been doing. The state has different tiers of restriction based on specific metrics, like tests performed, new cases, deaths, hospitalizations, ICU capacity, and ventilator availability. In this way, people can see the end coming and their sacrifices are encouraged.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.28  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.25    3 years ago
Think about BLM often?

I really don't, but when they are featured on almost every news cycle (well, only from legitimate news organizations)  highlighting how they are burning and looting blue cities every night, it is almost impossible to not have them on the mind. Thankfully, I don't live in a blue city, so I can watch liberals burn up other liberals from a distance.

If you don't think that most Americans are tired of BLM bullshit, then you are definitely on the wrong side of correct.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.29  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @1.1.18    3 years ago

Ever notice people like that think being loud makes a difference.

Yes....Maxine is loud and obnoxious

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

No, he was trying to get an answer out of the progressive hack. As far as the animal running the committee, she needs her filthy mouth shut

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    3 years ago
As far as the animal running the committee, she needs her filthy mouth shut

Do digress ... show us your spots.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    3 years ago

Waters is not the chairperson of that committee. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.3  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    3 years ago

Your comment is over the top. I see you, Vic. Representative Jordan was asking an open to interpretation question. He would have taken any expression of an answer he could get, because he was aiming for the argument and a "show."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    3 years ago

She had to have been acting in that capacity to act and speak as she did

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @1.2.3    3 years ago

Her filthy mouth once advocated for mob actions against Trump supporters.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.6  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.5    3 years ago

She should not have told Rep. Jordan to shut up, but there is nothing 'filthy' about doing so. And I see you, MAGA. Her remark did unfortunately put her in the 'show.'

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.4    3 years ago

Nope, she just spoke her mind the same way someone might do if they told you to shut up. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.7    3 years ago

I remember when President Biden had to tell Trump to shut up during a debate.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Ender  replied to  CB @1.2.3    3 years ago
he was aiming for the argument and a "show."

Exactly.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Jordan was right to say every word of what he said to the idiot doctor and the chairwoman was totally out of line to address another member in that fashion.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Imagine that, Maxine Waters telling somebody else to show respect. That coming from somebody who has zero respect for anybody else!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I wish she had told him to shut his damn mouth...but she's not like me. She shows restraint

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

If I was in congress, every time he opened his stupid mouth I would bring up how he turned a blind eye to molestation.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @2.1    3 years ago

... you mean like some alt-right family values.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

Sorry, but that woman has zero idea of the meaning of restraint!

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

Has been and always will be a piece of shit.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

What freedoms did he lose? He prattles on and on about nothing. 

A dipshit for sure.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago
What freedoms did he lose?

In the minutes of their exchange that preceded this clip, he talked about them specifically. Mostly First Amendment stuff.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4.1    3 years ago

What freedoms have they lost? The freedom not to wear a mask ?

Just saying you have lost freedoms doesnt mean anything without specifics. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago
What freedoms have they lost?

Freedom to assemble, both in public places and in homes. Freedom to worship in a church. Freedom to visit government facilities for a redress of grievances. As I said, he covered these things earlier in the questioning. You can keep saying he wasn't specific, but you'd be lying.

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1.3  Thomas  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.2    3 years ago

Jordan was just being a dick. Dr. Fauci would try to give an explanation, would get about 5 words out and then Jordan would launch into tirade again. Dr. Fauci does not have the national answer because there is not a national answer, it is under the purview of the various states and local jurisdictions. 

Jim Jordan knows all of this stuff, he is just being a dick to be a dick, because that is apparently what he thinks brings in the votes. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Thomas @4.1.3    3 years ago

It was pretty clear what Jordan wanted. He wanted a number. He wanted “we can get back to normal life when infections reach X new cases a day per 100,000 people over the course of X weeks.” This is exactly how California is managing restrictions. It’s not a perfect system, but it does give everyone some real data to look at  and have a sense that there is a reason behind the restrictions. It’s not an unreasonable question coming from a Senator.

Dr. Fauci does not have the national answer because there is not a national answer, it is under the purview of the various states and local jurisdictions. 

Do you really think Fauci doesn’t have a personal professional opinion on that? He could even include in his answer something like “we should proceed on a state-by-state basis.” 

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1.5  Thomas  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.4    3 years ago

He was looking to impress the viewers with his rough treatment of Fauci, and that is about it. He did not provide enough time for Fauci to enunciate an answer and he ran over top of him before he could complete an answer.

Posing for pictures. 

He's (Jordan) an asshole and that is just about all I saw.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Thomas @4.1.5    3 years ago

Watch it again, then, is all I can say. He asked a direct question and Fauci gave him vague generalities. Jordan repeated the question, and he still couldn’t get a straight answer. That exchange didn’t need to be confrontational. All Fauci had to do was answer the question.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.1.7  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.6    3 years ago
He's (Jordan) an asshole and that is just about all I saw.

Jordan constantly talked over him. He and Waters are both assholes but she was right to tell him to shut up.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.2    3 years ago

No one lost the freedom to worship . All the major religions had online or televised services. 

If the black plague had been on the loose would Jordan babble on about "freedoms" he had lost?  The government has every authority to restrict certain activities. 

Good citizens adapt and deal with it.  I still say no one lost freedoms. They temporarily lost convenience. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    3 years ago
No one lost the freedom to worship . All the major religions had online or televised services. 

OK, go scroll up and read what I wrote:

Freedom to worship in a church.

Know also, that this was the distinction that Jordan himself made. That’s why I wrote it that way.

They temporarily lost convenience.

Yes, JR. I know. That was the whole point. “Temporary” means there is an end to it. He was not trying to tell Dr. Fauci that any of it was not necessary. He just wanted to know the circumstances - the specific circumstances - under which it might be over. At what point can we go back to normal life? Don’t you want that?

All Fauci would say was that it would be when infections are reduced. But that’s not a specific answer. Infections are already reduced. It’s relative. Tomorrow, they will probably be reduced some more. You can do this forever or you can set a benchmark. It just not unreasonable to ask for a number. 

Wouldn’t you like to know some specifics on when life might return to normal? Or are you content to live with restrictions indefinitely? Because right now, “indefinitely” is where we’re at.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.6    3 years ago

Fauci can’t answer because he doesn’t want to say out loud that the Biden regime intends that we never return to pre pandemic normal.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.10    3 years ago
Fauci can’t answer because he doesn’t want to say out loud that the Biden regime intends that we never return to pre pandemic normal.

Fauci is an adviser, he doesn't make the determination, more than likely nobody knows the actual numbers since it is so fluidic with all the new variants. 

Jim Jordan knows this, but he was just trying to rile up his base of mouth breathers.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.12  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.11    3 years ago
nobody knows the actual numbers since it is so fluidic with all the new variants. 

This is a smoke job. The new variants aren’t going to make any kind of significant difference in how much infection our society can tolerate. The congressman - and America - deserves an answer. He could still say something like “we should be able to stop masking and distancing when the population in 90% vaccinated and we have less than 1 new infection per 100,000 people each day.” Or something like that. We can debate the numbers, but any number is more specific - and therefore more useful - than just declaring “now is not the time.” It’s also literally what Jordan asked for when he said “give me a number.”

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.12    3 years ago
This is a smoke job. The new variants aren’t going to make any kind of significant difference in how much infection our society can tolerate.

Bullshit!  The variants make all the difference in reaching herd immunity.  They are more contagious and in some cases the vaccines are less effective on them.

The congressman - and America - deserves an answer.

Then he should send an official inquiry to the CDC, and stop showboating for his mouth breathing followers.

He could still say something like “we should be able to stop masking and distancing when the population in 90% vaccinated and we have less than 1 new infection per 100,000 people each day.” Or something like that.

He did, but Jordan kept interrupting him.  He can't give actual numbers because they are in flux, all we need is a new variant that is not effected by our current vaccines, and we'll be back to square one again.

We can debate the numbers, but any number is more specific - and therefore more useful - than just declaring “now is not the time.” It’s also literally what Jordan asked for when he said “give me a number.”

Then why hasn't he asked it of the CDC?  Simple question there, why hasn't he asked the CDC???  Why hasn't he asked the actual people that might be able to give him an answer, instead of a simple advisor???

Answer is that he doesn't want a number or or anything, he just wants to rile up all the mouth breathers against Fauci and thus against Biden.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.14  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.13    3 years ago
The variants make all the difference in reaching herd immunity.  They are more contagious and in some cases the vaccines are less effective on them.

That’s fine. As I said, we can talk about what the best numbers would be. If you want it to be 95% vaccinated, that’s fine. Let’s discuss it. But don’t just say “now is not the time” without some small clue as to what the appropriate conditions would be for getting back to normal.

He did

Please quote where Dr. Fauci gave numbers or some kind of objective standard. I maintain he gave no such answer, but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

Simple question there, why hasn't he asked the CDC???

Simple Answer: The CDC isn’t the one who made the statement to the committee “now is not the time.”

Dr. Fauci should be able to answer for his own statement. If you object to Congress asking questions of Dr. Fauci, then you should be complaining to the Democratic chair of the committee who allowed him to testify in the first place - not to a member of the committee for asking him questions related to that testimony.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.14    3 years ago
He did

Please quote where Dr. Fauci gave numbers or some kind of objective standard. I maintain he gave no such answer, but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

Where did I claim he gave numbers?  Your failure to read my comment, is not something I can help with.  Please thoroughly read my comment, then address your follow up question to something I actually said.

Simple Answer: The CDC isn’t the one who made the statement to the committee “now is not the time.”

You understand what an adviser is, don't you?  If he had addressed the question to the proper authority, perhaps Fauci would have been able to relay their answer.  "Now is not the time", is an accurate statement, "when we can" is completely separate.

Dr. Fauci should be able to answer for his own statement.

He did, or at least tried to without Jordan's constant interruptions.  No numbers are necessary for him to answer to his own statement, all he has to show is that infections are on the rise, hospitalizations are on the rise, and deaths are on the rise.

If you object to Congress asking questions of Dr. Fauci, then you should be complaining to the Democratic chair of the committee who allowed him to testify in the first place

Are you really not aware of how this works?  Do you think Fauci approached the chair of the committee with his hand up like Arnold Horshack?  The committee requested Fauci, not the other way around.

not to a member of the committee for asking him questions related to that testimony.

Never complained about Jordan asking questions, complained about Jordan showboating with "gotcha" questions that he knew Fauci would not be able to answer.

Why has Jordan not requested the head of the CDC before the committee to answer these questions?

Why has Jordan not gone through proper channels himself, to get these answers?

Why did Jordan wait until the cameras were on him, before he asked a simple advisor a question, he should have known that advisor was not in a position to know the answer to?  And even if Fauci knew the answer, he, as an advisor, was not in the proper position to answer it without proper authorization.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.15    3 years ago

Fauci failed to adequately answer what Jordan asked.

The end.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.16    3 years ago
Fauci failed to adequately answer what Jordan asked.

Jordan failed to ask Fauci a question he could answer.

The actual end.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.18  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.15    3 years ago
Where did I claim he gave numbers?

When you responded to this statement by me:

That’s fine. As I said, we can talk about what the best numbers would be. If you want it to be 95% vaccinated, that’s fine. Let’s discuss it. But don’t just say “now is not the time” without some small clue as to what the appropriate conditions would be for getting back to normal.

with this claim by you 

He did.

You appear to doing the same thing Dr. Fauci was doing. I.e. trying to take a conversation about numbers and objective outcomes and making the topic as vague as possible through deflections.

You understand what an adviser is, don't you?

Yes, do you understand what a “statement” is in the context of a committee? It is testimony. It is official. Jim Jordan is a member of the committee to which Dr. Fauci gave a statement. He has a right and a duty to ask questions based on that statement. The witness (Dr. Fauci) is obligated to give answers.

If he had addressed the question to the proper authority

He did! He asked questions of THE person who made the statement to the committee. Is this really that hard to understand?

You are still refusing to acknowledge that Dr. Fauci made an official statement to the committee and Congressman Jordan had a right to ask him questions about that statement. Why won’t you acknowledge that basic fact?

all he has to show is that infections are on the rise, hospitalizations are on the rise, and deaths are on the rise.

A Ha! A standard! You’ve given us a standard! In fact, You’ve given us three. Infections, hospitalizations, and deaths on the rise. Fantastic. That would be something. Fauci didn’t even propose that. All he said was that infections needed to get low enough, but he refused to say what “low enough” was. 

And as a matter of fact, those things are not on the rise in this country. They are in individual states or cities, but not nationwide. Nationwide, they are declining. So if this is your standard, maybe we can take off our masks and cease distancing. If not - if you don’t like that conclusion, and you want to say “now is not the time” -  perhaps you should amend your standard so that it is more specific - precisely what Jordan was asking for.

The committee requested Fauci, not the other way around.

Yes, and Fauci was 100% in control of the content of his statement. He could have made no recommendations at all. Instead, he made one. And he got asked a question about it, which he refused to answer. And you want to excuse him for it. Why?

with "gotcha" questions

That’s childish. When you say “now is not the time,” it’s not a gotcha question to ask “when is the time?” That’s silly. Sorry, but it is.

Why has Jordan not requested the head of the CDC before the committee to answer these questions?

Maybe he has. I don’t know. Who gives a shit (pardon my French)? He was asking a witness to clarify a submitted statement. He can also try to ask questions of the CDC, but whether he does or doesn’t that doesn’t mean he can’t ask questions of Dr. Fauci.

Why has Jordan not gone through proper channels himself, to get these answers?

What do you think this committee is? The committee IS the proper channel.

Why did Jordan wait until the cameras were on him, before he asked a simple advisor a question

Maybe because he doesn’t have any particular right or authority to ask him questions any other time. What would you like him to do? Call him at work every day? Wait for him in the morning outside his house? Harass him on Twitter?

And even if Fauci knew the answer, he, as an advisor, was not in the proper position to answer it without proper authorization.

Then he shouldn’t be making the claim that “now is not the time.” Do you think someone “authorized” him to say that? You don’t think it was his own expert opinion?

For crying out loud, don’t YOU want to know what the conditions will be that make it safe to take off your mask and stop avoiding groups?

Or are you content to just let the government restrict you or not, at their whim?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.19  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.17    3 years ago

Then Fauci should have said, “I can’t answer that.”

To which, Jordan could have quite reasonably responded, “Then you can’t be telling us ‘now is not the time.’” 

If you declare that now is not the time, you should be able to say when it would be. Basic. Simple. Logic.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.17    3 years ago

Then Fauci should have said "I don't know the answer" instead of rambling on about liberties.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.18    3 years ago
You appear to doing the same thing Dr. Fauci was doing. I.e. trying to take a conversation about numbers and objective outcomes and making the topic as vague as possible through deflections.

You assume the only answer includes numbers.  You are wrong, again.

Yes, do you understand what a “statement” is in the context of a committee?

I do, not so sure about you however.

It is testimony. It is official.

It is his opinion, as an advisor.

The witness (Dr. Fauci) is obligated to give answers.

Don't be ridiculous, of course he is not.  If the question is outside his area as an advisor, he is not required to make up shit to appease Jordan.

He did! He asked questions of THE person who made the statement to the committee.

You seem to have problems understanding things.  He asked an advisor, HE DID NOT ASK THE PERSON WHO SETS POLICY!

You are still refusing to acknowledge that Dr. Fauci made an official statement to the committee and Congressman Jordan had a right to ask him questions about that statement. Why won’t you acknowledge that basic fact?

Jesus!  He did not ask Fauci why he had said now wasn't the time, he asked a specific question of a man who does not set the policy.  I cannot state it any simpler for you.

That would be something. Fauci didn’t even propose that.

Then you should have told Jordan to shut up so Fauci could, he tried more than once.  Jordan kept interrupting him.

And as a matter of fact, those things are not on the rise in this country. They are in individual states or cities, but not nationwide.

And what happens in one state never effects another?  Is that seriously your claim?????

Yes, and Fauci was 100% in control of the content of his statement.

And he stated his opinion as an advisor.  Duh.....

And he got asked a question about it, which he refused to answer.

He was not asked about his statement.  He said not now, basically.  He was not asked why not, he was then asked when.  And, for the 3rd time, Fauci is an advisor, he does not set policy.

That’s childish. When you say “now is not the time,” it’s not a gotcha question to ask “when is the time?”

Yes it is when Jordan knows that setting the time is not Fauci's job.

Maybe he has.

If he is so concerned about it, why hasn't he announced the answer?  Why hasn't he announced that he is sending an official request to the CDC to obtain that answer?  BECAUSE HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE ANSWER.

What do you think this committee is? The committee IS the proper channel.

Then why didn't he request the person who makes the policy decisions testify instead of an advisor?

Maybe because he doesn’t have any particular right or authority to ask him questions any other time.

That's bullshit and you know it.  Memos and emails are exchanged all the time.

Then he shouldn’t be making the claim that “now is not the time.”

Why not?  He is an advisor, he is advising....DUH!!!

For crying out loud, don’t YOU want to know what the conditions will be that make it safe to take off your mask and stop avoiding groups?

You will never know that specific answer, there are too many variables and too many assholes who refuse to follow guidelines causing this crap to last longer than it should.  

If everyone had followed mask and distancing guidelines from the beginning, we would be a hell of a lot closer to returning to normal, and may have already been there by now.  But because of morons that refuse to wear masks, throw parties, and open their states wide open, the rest of us have to pay, some with their lives.

How many super-spreader events were at the Whitehouse?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.22  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.21    3 years ago
You assume the only answer includes numbers.  You are wrong, again.

OMG. Jordan’s question was literally, “give me a number.”

If the question is outside his area as an advisor

How in God’s name could it be outside his area if “now is not the time” was within his area? And how, also can you say it’s outside his area, when even Dr. Fauci thinks it’s within his area? He gave an answer - a uselessly vague answer, but it was an answer all the same. So he clearly feels qualified to talk on the subject. I’ll remind you of the exchange:

Jordan : Dr. Fauci, when is the time? When is the time? In your written statement, you say “Now is not the time to pull back on masking, physical distancing, and avoiding congregate settings.”

When is the time? When do Americans get their freedom back?

Fauci : When we get the level of infection in this country low enough that it is not a really high risk.

So Fauci didn’t answer with same bullshit you’re trying to feed me. He didn’t say some nonsense like “Well, gee Congressman, I’m only an advisor. I wouldn’t know about stuff like that. I don’t set policy, you know.”

And so Jordan asked for clarification of this answer:

Jordan : What is low enough? Give me a number.

Again, Fauci could have whined like a bitch and claimed it was outside his area. Instead, he gave another useless, vague response:

Fauci : My message, Congressman Jordan is to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as we possibly can, to get the level of infection in this country low that it is no longer a threat. That is “when.”

I mean if you give a shit at all about getting back to normal life, the obvious question here is “How low does the level of infection need to be, and how do we get there?” A child could figure that out.

And that’s what Jordan asked:

Jordan : What determines “when?”

So straightforward. So simple. 

He was not asked about his statement.

Jordan literally started his questioning with “In your written statement, you say . . . “

Then why didn't he request the person who makes the policy decisions testify instead of an advisor?

We are talking about a committee hearing and the events that happened there. You’re deflecting again

causing this crap to last longer than it should

You think it has lasted longer than it should? How long do you think it should last, then? (See how that works? It’s logical. You have an opinion. Clearly)

But because of morons that refuse to wear masks, throw parties, and open their states wide open, the rest of us have to pay, some with their lives.

I totally agree. But the rest of us who have been following all the restrictions are not bad people because we want to know the conditions that need to exist so we can stop following those restrictions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.22    3 years ago

Not much point in pursuing a debate on what was clearly stated by both Fauci and Jordan.

You get it, I get it, anyone who wants to get it gets it.

This is a weak-ass attempt to blame the framer of the questions for the poor performance of the questioned.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.24  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.23    3 years ago

It’s not even “black is white.” It’s like “red is up.”

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.2  Thomas  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago
What freedoms did he lose? He prattles on and on about nothing. 

It is quite obvious, from the amount of times he repeats , "First amendment rights"...

Another complaint about free speech, carried on all the major outlets.......... 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    3 years ago

What is amazing is how expert advisors, like Dr. Fauci, justify not giving advice.  The body bag count cited by Dr. Fauci doesn't provide any advice; they're dead and they ain't coming back.  And those half million dead all died on Anthony Fauci's watch.  What is Fauci suggesting?  If only Fauci had complete autocratic power those people would not have died?

Yes, asking when the country will get its freedoms back is a political question.  But Dr. Anthony Fauci isn't bright enough to answer that question in terms of returning to normal.  Instead Fauci dances, dodges, turns handsprings, and offers no hope of returning to normal.  Fauci played full on politics and thought he was being cute in the process.

Dr. Anthony Fauci is not an expert advisor; Fauci is just another bureaucratic political hack playing the game for his own benefit.  Frankly, Anthony Fauci should be held in contempt for deliberately refusing to provide answers.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

original

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago

Jordan asked a very reasonable, straight forward, specific question and - Could. Not. Get. An answer.

Jordan : Dr. Fauci, when is the time? When is the time? In your written statement, you say “Now is not the time to pull back on masking, physical distancing, and avoiding congregate settings.”

When is the time? When do Americans get their freedom back?

Fauci : When we get the level of infection in this country low enough that it is not a really high risk.

That’s a actually a perfectly good beginning, but Jordan wanted specifics.

Jordan : What is low enough? Give me a number. We had fifteen days of slowdown turn into one year of lost liberty. What metrics? What measures? What has to happen for Americans to get more freedom?
Fauci : My message, Congressman Jordan is to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as we possibly can, to get the level of infection in this country low that it is no longer a threat. That is “when.” And I believe when that happens, you will see . . . 

Jordan : What determines “when?”

Fauci : I’m sorry?

Jordan : What? What measure? I mean are we just going to continue this forever? When do we get to the point - what measure? What standard? Or what objective outcome do we have to reach before Americans get their liberty and freedoms back?

This is a very straightforward plea for a scientifically objective standard. But Fauci completely ignores Jordan’s request for standards and objective outcomes. Instead he seems to take offense to Jordan’s emphasis on liberty and sets about defending restrictions in general, which is not what Jordan asked for.

Fauci : You know, you’re indicating liberty and freedom. I look at it as a public health measure to prevent people from dying and going to the hospital.

That’s about the first minute and a half. From there, it just degenerates into a pointless back and forth. Jordan - and the American people - never get an answer to the most basic question of this pandemic.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago

Why is this idiot congressman asking a health director about liberties? Jordan is so over-rated and overpaid for his 'services.' On the otherhand, the district he represents keeps him 'put.'

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.1    3 years ago
Why is this idiot congressman asking a health director about liberties?

Because that health director is the guy advocating restrictions on those liberties. That’s why.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.1    3 years ago

The Health Director sees after health-at-large. This idiot congressman is notorious for trying to put on "show-hearings" (it seems he is on every essential panel just for contrarian displays or to carry controversial messages).

Dr. Fauci cares about people respiring properly and free of sickness (and its corresponding death). The NIH is not in charge or accountable for freedoms.

For that matter, if liberty and freedom is 'captured' or kept hostage for a thousand years because of a microbe/virus, it is not of the NIH Director's or any other physician or scientist essential doings. If it is, republicans should lay out their evidence!

You should know that this is a 'special bucket delivery' of "muddy Trump water" by Rep. Jordan.  Apparently, he (Donald and the other cohorts) see a weakness in the good doctor they hope to drown him in. Good on Dr. Fauci for finally seeing the opportunity to tell Jordan to not get personal with him.

Rep. Jordan "owned" nothing in this exchange! Indeed, he got told to 'shut up'!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @7.1.2    3 years ago

By an absolutely horrible excuse for a hate filled human being 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.1.2    3 years ago

You know, it’s really not that complicated. Dr. Fauci provided a statement to the committee. Jordan quoted it and then asked a question directly related to it. In fact, it was the most obvious question that could be asked in response to the statement. How could you possibly have a problem with that?

And then when asked this direct question - when asked to clarify, with specificity, the meaning of his statement - Dr. Fauci deflected to a completely different topic.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.5  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.4    3 years ago
when asked to clarify, with specificity, the meaning of his statement

There is no specificity or further clarity to be provided in a dynamic (ever-changing) environment where politicians and parts of the citizenship or incubating and parading around "parts per millions" (PPMs) of the virus uncovered, in collective groups, and in close settings

Dr. Fauci is a trained medical professional. He is not some liberty 'hound' or guru. Representative Jordan, on background, always takes the negative questioning of those who oppose his (or Donald's) interests. That is partisan bull patty - plain and simple.

Science of today on infectious diseases is not a sound-bite to be waved and triumphed over. Science, and its statements, change according to data, nothing more or less can be gleamed from it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.1.5    3 years ago
There is no specificity or further clarity to be provided in a dynamic (ever-changing) environment where politicians and parts of the citizenship or incubating and parading around "parts per millions" (PPMs) of the virus uncovered, in collective groups, and in close settings

You say that based on what? Why can’t we be specific about things like levels of infection, death rates, and hospitalizations? California has a tiered system of restrictions based on exactly those things and it’s working pretty well.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.7  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.6    3 years ago

California -a nation- it is not. As red-states 'pride' themselves in telling the rest of us, they are not 'blue-states' -centric.

I feel you attempted to make a connection to my home-state  with me. For that, I am appreciative. It is not an "apples to apples comparison, nevertheless. All the same. Many states are taking a hodge-podge whole of governance and standards approach to this virus and it is alarming to the medical communities and scientists who advice consistency across the nation.

Dr. Fauci, can not stake his reputation on a "thrill-seeker" and toxic masculinity congressman who will not properly acknowledge the sick, dying, and dead snared in the thralls of this virus  -while Jordan "pines" away on and on about liberties which the virus would strip him and anybody else of (remember: Herman Cain?) in a "Mississippi minute."

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.8  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.6    3 years ago
You say that based on what?

It is easy enough to validate: (Watch below.)

How Community Spread Happens Fast - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated 4-7-2020

and

Here's what it looks like when you cough in a grocery store

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.1.7    3 years ago
California -a nation- it is not.

It might as well be! Almost 40 million people - more than a tenth of the US total. The 5th largest economy on the planet. It's not like it's not a big enough testing ground.

I feel you attempted to make a connection to my home-state  with me. For that, I am appreciative. 

I'm glad it pleased you, but it's my home state, too, which is why I'm familiar with the system. For example, my kids had been stuck at home for almost a year. If you don't have kids at home, you might not appreciate the psychological damage that lockdowns have inflicted on them. But we knew that when the county got into the Red tier, the schools would reopen and they could go back. We saw a light at the end of the tunnel. That was huge!

Then, we quickly moved into Orange tier, and more businesses opened. Now, we're closing in on Yellow. Being able to see the end of this does wonders for morale. It also motivates people to endure the restrictions because they see a benefit to their effort. 

I see no reason we can't do that for the rest of the country.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.1.8    3 years ago
I feel you attempted to make a connection to my home-state  with me. For that, I am appreciative.

You don't need to explain the disease to me. That is not the point at all.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.11  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.9    3 years ago
California -a nation- it is not.
It might as well be! Almost 40 million people - more than a tenth of the US total. The 5th largest economy on the planet. It's not like it's not a big enough testing ground.

I repeat it is not. This nation has 300M plus citizens (not simply 40M plus thereabouts.)

I see no reason we can't do that for the rest of the country.

I am not connecting California's tier system with what some other states are failing to do and Dr. Fauci's House hearing discussion with Rep. Jordan. Did Jordan ask for a (short-term) strategy solution from Dr. Fauci?

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.12  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.10    3 years ago

I am sharing informative videos of how this disease spreads. That is the point. (Human) Liberty (mobility) is not worth a lot, if one is flat on his or her back or stomach as the case may be, at home or in a hospital bed, or in a grave. Dr. Fauci is a professional concerned about disease and its communicability. Clearly, Rep. Jordan is 'racing' to make a 'constitutional case' out of a medical emergency pandemic - that is a CATEGORY MISTAKE!

Politicians are not experts in germ 'warfare' or containment. Best listen to the advice of those individuals and professionals who have a life time of experiences and a 'starring role' in infectious disease control.

Oh, and it would be nice if we could here a well-meaning, "Thank you, [Dr. Fauci] for your service" too!

CB
Professor Principal
7.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago
Jordan : Dr. Fauci, when is the time? When is the time? In your written statement, you say “Now is not the time to pull back on masking, physical distancing, and avoiding congregate settings.” . . .When is the time?
I mean are we just going to continue this forever?

"Forever" is a time metric

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.2    3 years ago
"Forever" is a time metric

Congratulations. You have again picked a word out of context so you can change its importance. I feel like you’re deliberately ignoring the context available to you, as well as my own comments. Are you? It should be obvious that the restrictions could go on forever without the objective metrics that Jordan is asking for. That is the entire point of his question. “Forever” is the logical consequence of not having an objective outcome to end the restrictions he is talking about.

Here is an analogy to help you understand: Let’s say I have asked you to cook a piece of meat in the oven.

You reasonably ask “How long should it stay in the oven?”

I answer, “Until it is done.”

And you logically ask, “How will I know when it’s done?

The first Fauci answer might be something like “When it is safe enough to eat.”

And then you press for more detail: “How will I know when it is safe enough to eat? Is there some standard way of knowing? Will I just leave it in the oven forever?”

Do you see that more specific information is needed? Can you guess what would be a useful answer? I’ll give you one.

Useful answer: “I recommend cooking the meat until its center reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by a probe.”

That’s the kind of answer Jordan wanted. And he said it in as many ways as he could to make the point. He asked for a number. He asked for a measure. A metric. An objective outcome. 

And it would have been so easy. I’ll give you an example. My suggestion might be that in a given jurisdiction - be it city, county, or state - you can stop wearing masks and distancing when 85% of the population is vaccinated and new cases are less than 1 person in 100,000 per day over a period of one week.

Now, that might not be the best recommendation, and it might not be would Fauci would say. But it would be the kind of answer Jordan was demanding. And it really wasn’t that hard.

CB
Professor Principal
7.2.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.2.1    3 years ago

Look Tacos! or whatever, Representative Jordan has an agenda and it is to "own" Dr. Fauci at this moment. He failed. (Is Jim Jordan even vaccinated against the Coronavirus?

I DISPLAYED TO YOU where Jordan 'loaded' time into his 'argument' and you dismiss it. Moreover, Jordan makes ending a pandemic a matter of "oppression" of liberties, speech, and constitution. As if Dr. Fauci (who is wearing a mask along with "Jim") controls the spread of communicable disease factors.

We know Rep. Jordan, he has a track record.

You can pretend that being unbias and a spectator of politics means you take each conversation 'as is,' without any background, but that would be the proverbial definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum again).

No one, should humor such nonsense.

Dr. Fauci gets his information from the CDC guidelines and recommendations. Also, governors set policy based on CDC guidelines or not based on the same.

Representative Jordan is attempting to 'grandstand' and it stupid partisan bull patty in the extreme. Moreover, as Chairman Cyburn offers, 'we need to get 90 percent of the House membership vaccinated too.' (Is Jim Jordan even vaccinated against the Coronavirus?)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.2.2    3 years ago
I DISPLAYED TO YOU where Jordan 'loaded' time into his 'argument' and you dismiss it.

Yeah, and I gave you a really good reason why, but you won’t even acknowledge it exists.

Moreover, Jordan makes ending a pandemic a matter of "oppression" of liberties, speech, and constitution.

The topic of the witness’s statement was the limiting of liberties. Of COURSE he asked him about getting those liberties back. 

I mean, come ON CB! You act like Jordan walked up to Fauci on the street and started harassing him for no reason. Dr. Fauci MADE A STATEMENT to the committee, saying,

Now is not the time to pull back on masking, physical distancing, and avoiding congregate settings.”

How do you expect ANYONE to respond to that statement? Do you expect them to just nod and say “ok, thanks for coming?” The OBVIOUS question is the one Jordan asked. If now is not the time, when IS the time? 

And NOBODY expects Fauci to name a specific day on the calendar. I mean it’s just absurd to continue pretending that anyone was talking about a specific day - ESPECIALLY when Jordan specifically asked for a number, a measure, a metric, an objective outcome.

Are you reading the words I am typing?

Moreover, as Chairman Cyburn offers, 'we need to get 90 percent of the House membership vaccinated too.'

Imagine that. You can get an objective standard out of the chairman, but not the scientist.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @7.2.3    3 years ago

There simply wasn't a thing wrong with Jordan's questions.

People upset about it should take a chill pill and worry about something substantial instead of BS.

It is rather amusing to see how twisted some people can get simple questions.

CB
Professor Principal
7.2.5  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.2.3    3 years ago

Now you are just being 'cute.' Chairman Clyburn dealt with with Rep. Jordan with sarcasm. Even though, you nor I have any evidence if Jordan has permitted himself to be vaccinated. So, this is is just 'fodder talk' we're doing at this point.

Moreover, Dr. Walenski, CDC Director and guideline 'caretaker' is sitting to the left of Dr. Fauci. In the twice times of questioning by committee member Jordan did he direct any 'fire' or questions about "measures" and "matrices" to Dr. Walenski?

Jordan made it personal. You SHOULD be able to see it plain and simple. And he got called out for it. Trying to hide under a 'cloak' of constituent concerns is bull patty, because it is a given that we can not tease out what (if anything) those people want from Dr. Fauci word for word.

Pompous Fauci Attacks Jim Jordan, Says Mask Mandates, Endless Lockdowns and Vaccine Passports Has Nothing to do with Restricting Civil Liberties (VIDEO)

Congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH) ripped Fauci apart last Thursday for flip-flopping on Covid mitigation measures.

Rep. Jordan, the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, demanded Fauci give him a date for the end of Covid restrictions .

“15 days to slow the spread turned into 1 year of lost liberty,” Jim Jordan said.

To no one’s surprise, Fauci, an unelected, overpaid bureaucrat, said: “I don’t look at this as a liberty thing, Congressman Jordan. I look at this as a public health thing.”

Fauci appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday and attacked Jim Jordan again.

Dr. Fauci told CNN host Dana Bash that endless lockdowns, vaccine passports and mask mandates has nothing to do with restricting liberties.

“But it was very, very clear that [Jim Jordan} was talking about liberties that were being restricted. This has nothing to do with liberties,” Fauci said.

Of course it’s a civil liberties issue.

Fauci also attacked people who refuse to get the experimental Covid vaccine.

“It’s almost paradoxical, that on the one hand, they want to be relieved of the restrictions, but on the other hand, they don’t want to be vaccinated,” Fauci said asserting only vaccinated Americans have the right to move around freely.

From the title to the core of the message delivery you can see World News means Dr. Fauci no good 'coverage.' And evenso the columnist wrote:

demanded Fauci give him a date for the end of Covid restrictions .

P.S. We've whipped this 'one' pretty good. Time to let it up to go to its room!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  CB @7.2.5    3 years ago
Now you are just being 'cute.'

Seems unnecessarily personal.

Chairman Clyburn dealt with with Rep. Jordan with sarcasm.

I see no reason to think that’s sarcasm. Getting Congress 90% vaccinated sounds like a good idea.

Even though, you nor I have any evidence if Jordan has permitted himself to be vaccinated.

I don’t understand why you think that is relevant to the topic.

Moreover, Dr. Walenski, CDC Director and guideline 'caretaker' is sitting to the left of Dr. Fauci. In the twice times of questioning by committee member Jordan did he direct any 'fire' or questions about "measures" and "matrices" to Dr. Walenski?

No, because the question was a direct response to a statement from Dr. Fauci. Why would you question Dr. Walenski about a statement from Dr. Fauci when the man is sitting in right in front of you? On the other hand, Jordan - who only had 5 minutes, after all - might have asked Dr. Walenski her opinion if Dr. Fauci hadn’t just spent 5 minutes wasting everyone’s time.

Jordan made it personal.

No, he really didn’t. His question was not about Dr. Fauci. It was about his recommendation

we can not tease out what (if anything) those people want from Dr. Fauci word for word.

You’re joking? Jordan could not have been more explicit and specific about what he wanted.

What is low enough? Give me a number. . . . What metrics? What measures? What has to happen for Americans to get more freedom? . . . What determines “when?” . . . . What measure? I mean are we just going to continue this forever? When do we get to the point - what measure? What standard? Or what objective outcome do we have to reach before Americans get their liberty and freedoms back?

CB
Professor Principal
7.2.7  CB  replied to  Tacos! @7.2.6    3 years ago

I'm done. Good day!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago

Thanks for posting the video.

If someone thinks that Jordan was out of line, I believe they must have a screw loose.