╌>

Susan Collins Sad That Joe Manchin Has Replaced Her as Most Annoying Senator | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  15 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Susan Collins Sad That Joe Manchin Has Replaced Her as Most Annoying Senator | The New Yorker
"It's only fitting that the baton be passed to an obscure senator from West Virginia," she said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Andy Borowitz

June 9, 2021 Photograph by Drew Angerer / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Senator Susan Collins said that she is "a little bit sad" to see Senator Joe Manchin replace her as the nation's most annoying senator.

"For years, I've been the most aggravating person in this legislative chamber, and I've enjoyed every minute of it," she said. "Still, if an obscure senator from Maine can't wield outsized power anymore, it's only fitting that the baton be passed to an obscure senator from West Virginia."

Asked to remember a particularly gratifying moment from her long reign of irritation, Collins said, "It would have to be when I kept everyone guessing about how I'd vote on Kavanaugh. Those were good times."

In an official response to her remarks, Manchin said, "I've been a big fan of Susan Collins's work as a vexing time-waster for as long as I can remember. In terms of being infuriating, she has set the bar very, very high for me."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Let us not forget Senator Jack Inhofe of Oklahoma! 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I thought he was replacing Benedict Arnold.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Ha, it's a close race.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I think Rand Paul is the winner. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

Ted Cruz is also a contender...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

Whether I agree with them or not, I like seeing members of Congress who speak their minds and their beliefs, and aren’t just slaves to whatever the party leadership might want at the moment. If that pisses off the establishment? Good.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 years ago

But when it prevents anything from being done it gets pretty fucking annoying. I don’t know about everyone else but I certainly didn’t vote with the intention that my reps go to Washington and collect a fat ass salary and the best benefits in the world all while doing absolutely nothing. Fuck, if that were the case I’d be voting for myself.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    3 years ago

Manchin is a DINO.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @6    3 years ago

Manchin is a DINO.

He's a HERO to the Republicans....one of the rare decent and patriotic Dems in Congress.

Most of them seem to be mindless easily led sheep

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.1    3 years ago

I know right? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6    3 years ago

The Democratic Party is damn sure desperate to get Manchin on board!

LMAO!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    3 years ago

WTF are you talking about?  Do you know?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.1    3 years ago

Why, yes, yes I do!

Apparently you are the only one who doesn't know what I am talking about based on all the other comments asking the same silly question.

/s

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Manchin should start his own reality show all about himself.  Oh wait, he already did.