╌>

Colin Kaepernick is an embarrassing walking contradiction

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  26 comments

By:   Zachary Faria (MSN)

Colin Kaepernick is an embarrassing walking contradiction
Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick has always been a staggeringly unintelligent activist. His new Netflix special is a reminder that people who take him seriously should be embarrassed of themselves.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick has always been a staggeringly unintelligent activist. His new Netflix special is a reminder that people who take him seriously should be embarrassed of themselves.

© Provided by Washington Examiner

When he isn't praising Cuban dictators, mourning the deaths of Iranian terrorists, calling for convicted police killers to be released, or simply repeating factually false narratives, Kaepernick is promoting himself. Most recently, he has decided that entails comparing the NFL, and specifically the NFL draft, to slavery.

Never mind that Kaepernick said a few weeks ago he wants to play in this league that is the same as slavery. (Maybe he likes slavery?) Never mind that the draft process, which he compares to a slave auction, netted him a cool four-year, $5 million contract with $3.8 million guaranteed (which later led to his six-year, $114 million contract extension) despite his relative lack of talent. Most slaves did not receive such an offer. Never mind that white draft prospects also take part in this "slave auction" or that the NFL draft creates over a hundred new black millionaires every year.

Kaepernick is a man of contradictions because his movement is one of contradictions. That is why athletes who protest during the national anthem insist it isn't about disrespecting the country or the flag, even though Kaepernick (whose lead they are following) explicitly stated that yes, it is. It's why activists prop up cases of "police violence" before getting evidence while ignoring the thousands of new black homicide victims made every year.

Kaepernick perfectly represents the anti-police, race-obsessed movement that praises him precisely because he is a walking contradiction. He claims he wants to play in the NFL despite sabotaging every opportunity he's been given since opting out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers. He works as a corporate-approved messenger, representing Nike, a company with ties to actual slave labor, while bemoaning made-up modern slavery for millionaires in the United States.

Kaepernick is a joke. He should be regarded as such. Instead, he has been propped up by our liberal culture, legacy media, and nearly the entirety of U.S. sports. He's compared to Muhammad Ali for his "bravery" and "sacrifice," even though he has given up nothing. Many have pretended his voice is an important one. If they are capable of feeling shame, today would be yet another day to do it.

Tags:Beltway Confidential, Opinion, Colin Kaepernick, Netflix, NFL, Black Lives Matter, Sports

Original Author:Zachary Faria

Original Location:Colin Kaepernick is an embarrassing walking contradiction

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago
Kaepernick is a joke. He should be regarded as such.

And he is, by much of the thinking population.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Very true words. He keeps trying to be his own best publicist and blows it every time!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    3 years ago

Kaepernick is an asshat and so is anyone who falls for his sanctimonious shtick.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2    3 years ago

Well, hell, that includes lots of race-baiters here then!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    3 years ago

Yep, there are a few of those master-race-baiters here.

No doubt about it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    3 years ago
Yep, there are a few of those master-race-baiters here.

I like your more accurate phrasing!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

The man knows how to make bank shilling as a credibility front for corporations. No doubt about that. 

Give Kaepernick millions to prove your social justice bonafides, and exploit kids and slaves to make your product. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    3 years ago

This is their hero?  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sunshine @4    3 years ago

You know, one root of his message is not all bad imo.  

How he has chosen to apply it is completely FUBAR and disingenuous.

For example, he single-handedly helped accelerate the ratings slide of the NFL.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 years ago
For example, he single-handedly helped accelerate the ratings slide of the NFL.

He is a moron at best.  Of all the people Nike could have chosen to represent them they chose this empty shell.

Did you watch the game Saturday?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.1    3 years ago

Hell yes, Go Green!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.2    3 years ago

Still undefeated.  jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.1    3 years ago

Yep. Kind of like Subway choosing Megan Rapinoe as their rep. We all saw how that went down.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.3    3 years ago

I know, still pinching myself.

Tucker manipulated the transfer portal like no other this year.

The transformation it afforded Sparty is nothing short of spectacular really.

The real test will be OSU.   It usually is.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sunshine @4    3 years ago

Yep, scary isn't it? But I bet the "Squad" loves him though...

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
5  Moose Knuckle    3 years ago

All this man child had to do was throw a 15 yard out consistently and he couldn't do it. So he starts dating some angry commie slut and renounces his religion and rebrands himself as the next Malcom X but much dumber. Nobody gives a flip.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6  Jack_TX    3 years ago

Make no mistake, Kap is brilliant.

He may be the most highly paid washed-up NFL player since Carl Weathers. 

Most guys either have to actually win something or have another talent to get paid like this.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    3 years ago

I don’t have a problem with his basic message that police could be kinder and gentler. I also don’t have a problem with him using his fame to reach a wide audience with that message. 

I disagree with the choice to demonstrate during the national anthem. I also disagree with the idea that the country as a whole is out to get black people or something. And I disagree with the narrative that this only impacts black people.

I saw the short trailer for his special. It depicts a scene of a young Colin learning to drive with his white parents in the car when he gets pulled over. The cop treats him like a threat. This happens, but it doesn’t just happen to black people. I’m white and I have had cops point a gun at my head on three separate occasions during traffic stops. At other times, they were satisfied with cussing at me, calling me names, or just generally being dickish.

I believe that if we acknowledged that this is a policing issue even more than it being a black issue (not that many cops aren’t racist - they definitely can be), we might get broader popular support for reform. If you’re trying to sabotage that effort, protesting during the national anthem is a great way to go about it.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8.1  Sunshine  replied to  Tacos! @8    3 years ago

I think he is a phony like Sharpton.  Just looking to make a buck for himself.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Sunshine @8.1    3 years ago

I’m not sure about all that. It seems like “making a buck” isn’t really a problem for him. He certainly has made quite a bit of money playing football, and Nike pays him pretty well. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    3 years ago
It seems like “making a buck” isn’t really a problem for him.

No it isn't, isn't for Sharpton either.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

Kaepernick is proof that you can have attended college and obtain a degree and still be a blithering idiot.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9    3 years ago

College is over rated IMO.   I've got a masters in Engineering and it means exactly jack-squat if i don't do something with it.

That said, athletes like Kap skate through degrees in colleges all the time without doing the work.   Don't know if he's one of those but it wouldn't surprise me.  

It's not unusual at all in college sports.