╌>

Ilhan Omar: Boebert is a ‘buffoon’ and ‘bigot’ for ‘made up’ anti-Muslim story

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  125 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

www.msn.com   /en-us/news/politics/ilhan-omar-boebert-is-a-buffoon-and-bigot-for-made-up-anti-muslim-story/ar-AARar41

4-5 minutes   Invalid Date

original

T he Minnesota Democrat Ilhan Omar called the Colorado Republican Lauren Boebert a buffoon, a bigot and a liar for claiming to have joked about terrorism when sharing an elevator in Congress.

Related:  Trump photo with Rittenhouse reveals ‘Mount Trumpmore’ sculpture

“Fact,” Omar   wrote on Twitter   on Thursday. “This buffoon looks down when she sees me at the Capitol, this whole story is made up. Sad she thinks bigotry gets her clout.

“Anti-Muslim bigotry isn’t funny and shouldn’t be normalised. Congress can’t be a place where hateful and dangerous Muslims tropes get no condemnation.”

One of the first Muslim women elected to Congress, Omar is also a member of a prominent “Squad” of House progressives.

Boebert is   a first-term far-right   Trump ally who consistently seeks controversy. Her connections to the deadly attack on the Capitol on 6 January remain under   investigation .

She made the comments about Omar in her home district over the Thanksgiving break.

“Actually I have an Ilhan story for you,” Boebert told an audience, to laughter. “So, the other night on the House floor was not my first ‘Jihad Squad’ moment.

“So I was getting into an elevator with one of my staffers. You know, we’re leaving the Capitol and we’re going back to my office and we get an elevator and I see a Capitol police officer running to the elevator. I see fret all over his face, and he’s reaching, and the door’s shutting, like I can’t open it, like what’s happening. I look to my left, and there she is. Ilhan Omar.

“And I said, ‘Well, she doesn’t have a backpack, we should be fine.’

The audience laughed and applauded.

“We only had one floor to go,” Boebert continued. “I said, ‘Oh look, the Jihad Squad decided show up for work today.’”

The audience whooped and applauded again.

“Don’t worry,” said Boebert, “it’s just her staffers on Twitter that talk for her, she’s not tough in person. So … there’s a little bit of interactions with these folks.”

The remarks raised calls for Boebert to face formal censure –   as recently did   Paul Gosar of Arizona, for tweeting a video which depicted him killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, another prominent progressive, and threatening Joe Biden.

Boebert’s reference to “the other night on the House floor” was to   remarks   in support of Gosar in which she called Omar “the Jihad Squad member from Minnesota” and repeated rightwing conspiracy theories about her.

In response to those remarks, Omar called Boebert an “insurrectionist who sleeps with a pervert”, a reference to Boebert’s husband, who in 2004 pleaded guilty to public indecency and lewd exposure and   spent time in jail . Omar also said Boebert “shamefully defecates and defiles the House”.

In a statement on Friday, Edward Ahmed Mitchell, national deputy director of the Council for American-Islamic Relations ( Cair ),   called   Boebert’s remarks “digusting” and “merely the latest symptom of the anti-Muslim bigotry that has plagued the Republican caucus in the House for years” .

“Leader [Kevin] McCarthy should repudiate Representative Boebert’s remarks,” Mitchell said, “and call on all Republican members of Congress to treat their American Muslim colleagues and constituents with the respect and decency everyone deserves.”

Boebert later   tweeted   an apology “to anyone in the Muslim community I offended with my comment about Representative Omar”.

She also said she had “reached out to her office to speak with her directly. There are plenty of policy differences to focus on without this unnecessary distraction.”

Omar retweeted support from another member of the “Squad”,   Cori Bush of Missouri .

“Capitol Hill is a toxic work environment for Muslim members and staff,” Bush wrote, “when bigots routinely spew racist, Islamophobic vitriol unchecked and with no consequence.

“Congresswoman Omar, we love you, and we pray for your well-being and protection from this despicable abuse.”

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Boebert is      a first-term far-right       Trump ally who consistently seeks controversy. Her connections to the deadly attack on the Capitol on 6 January remain under      investigation   .

She made the comments about Omar in her home district over the Thanksgiving break.

“Actually I have an Ilhan story for you,” Boebert told an audience, to laughter. “So, the other night on the House floor was not my first ‘Jihad Squad’ moment.

“So I was getting into an elevator with one of my staffers. You know, we’re leaving the Capitol and we’re going back to my office and we get an elevator and I see a Capitol police officer running to the elevator. I see fret all over his face, and he’s reaching, and the door’s shutting, like I can’t open it, like what’s happening. I look to my left, and there she is. Ilhan Omar.

“And I said, ‘Well, she doesn’t have a backpack, we should be fine.’

The audience laughed and applauded.

“We only had one floor to go,” Boebert continued. “I said, ‘Oh look, the Jihad Squad decided show up for work today.’”

The audience whooped and applauded again.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Boebert lied about Ilhan to her constituents. Boebert needs to be censured as well as Gosar. 

These people are on the forefront of the Trump takeover of the Republican Party. This is what they are trying to force on America. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    3 years ago

I’d like her to describe her sexual adventures with her brother while she was married to him…

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    3 years ago

That's not true.  Not surprised you brought up that nonsense/lie.  Also pretty disgusting.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    3 years ago

You're disgusting

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    3 years ago
I’d like her to describe her sexual adventures with her brother while she was married to him…

You might not care about the integrity of this site, but I do.  Keep your sexual proclivities to yourself, or better yet, start a private group with your like-minded friends.  You can be as disgusting as you want there. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

259426087_10158669809063196_4573849286615544431_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=vX-HJ3m3iMwAX-GW49C&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=76c27d817cdd576f7d35cbcc6b1d4217&oe=61AC9AC2

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    3 years ago

One kook calling another kook a kook ...... yawn

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2    3 years ago
GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert apologized to Muslims on Friday for a joke casting Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar as a possible suicide bomber that drew heavy criticism, with the top Republican in the House stepping in to try to tamp down the controversy.

It sounds like McCarthy is finally taking this shit seriously. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

Good, then he’ll be ready to shit-can Omar as well

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    3 years ago
Mr. McCarthy said he talked to Ms. Boebert on Friday. “She has apologized for what she said and has reached out to Congresswoman Omar to meet next week,” he said in a statement.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 years ago

Sounds like McCarthy is acknowledging wrongdoing on the part of his member. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    3 years ago

Sounds like Sparty can't acknowledge wrongdoing when it is a Repub 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.4    3 years ago

Having trouble understanding my post #2 are you?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    3 years ago

Why don't the Democrats ever apologize for all the hateful and untrue things they say about Trump, his supporters, and Republicans in general

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.4    3 years ago

So you support the incestuous bitch from Minnesota.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.6    3 years ago

Not a single conservative reply to this story acknowledges its biggest point  -- Kevin McCarthy has admitted one of his members went over the line. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 years ago

AOC should tell Boebert to fuck off, but she would not lower herself to B's level.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.4    3 years ago

That is the usual MO for magats.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.11  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    3 years ago

Omar will have no congressional committee assignments in a little over a year

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.12  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    3 years ago

Too bad Pelosi never does that with any of her members

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.13  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.9    3 years ago

AOC would have to climb my Everest just to get close to Boeberts esteemed level

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

Doubtful.  He allows these idiots and criminals to get away with everything.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.6    3 years ago

"Why don't the Democrats ever apologize for all the hateful and untrue things they say about Trump, his supporters, and Republicans in general"

Nothing to apologize for - especially since they were all true.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.11    3 years ago

I've got no problem with that.  

Wonder what her constituents think about it?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 years ago

Omar better wear a bullet proof vest.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.7    3 years ago

259426087_10158669809063196_4573849286615544431_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=vX-HJ3m3iMwAX-GW49C&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=76c27d817cdd576f7d35cbcc6b1d4217&oe=61AC9AC2

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.13    3 years ago

Now that's one of the more ridiculous statements you have made. AOC actually has an education, which includes a Master's Degree. Boebert is a high school dropout who failed her GED 3 times.

Sounds to me like Lawless Lauren would have to start digging upward out of that hole she's in before she could even approach AOC's toes

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.21  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.20    3 years ago

blowbert couldn't carry the county she lived in last election and she's been arrested multiple times. she's currently under investigation by the FBI in 2 separate cases and under investigation by congress for her part in the 1/6 insurrection. her dad was a professional wrestler that impregnated her then groupie and now Q-nut mother, and still denies being her father after buying off the DNA tester that was convicted of selling negative results in paternity cases. 15 years ago she was working the drive-up window at McD's in rifle colorado. she's a religious wacko too.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2.1.21    3 years ago

Are you sure she's from Colorado and not from Arkansas?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.23  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.20    3 years ago

FYI -

Ocasio-Cortez graduated cum laude from Boston University in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in both international relations and economics.

No Master's degree.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Trout Giggles  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.23    3 years ago

thank-you for the correction

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.25  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.24    3 years ago

You're welcome Ma'am - have a Great Day.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.25    3 years ago

you, too

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.23    3 years ago

Whatever - Bacherlor's or Masters - she's not a high school dropout criminal whackjob crazy bitch.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.27    3 years ago

College degrees can be overrated and they regularly are when it comes to politicians.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.28    3 years ago

Still...are you going to listen to a high school dropout who failed a GED 3 times? Or someone who actually learned something about political science? What are the chances that Lawless Lauren could actually pass a Citizenship exam?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.30  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.29    3 years ago

I'm not defending Boebert's ignorant comments.    Far from it.

I'm just saying in my 40+ years of dealing with college grads, i've found some of them to be the dumbest, most ignorant people i've ever met.

You've been around the block a bit and aren't stupid.   I suspect you know exactly what i'm talking about.  jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.30    3 years ago

Actually, I do. My dad was very smart but only graduated high school. I work with people with PhD's and they are dumber than a box of rocks.

My point is that Lawless Lauren has no room to talk about other people. She needs to just sit her skinny ass down and color. AOC has said some really dumb things, too, but she can at least add 2 + 2

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.31    3 years ago

I figured you'd understand.   College educated know it alls are everywhere.

My dad was very smart but only graduated high school.

Mine too and at a very rural HS at that so his HS education was nothing like what we got.   Amazing how much he did with so little education.

But don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my degrees but they really mean jack-shit until they are applied in some meaningful way.   I had a great first boss who showed me the light and i listened.  

Keep your mouth shut and eyes/ears open and you will go far he would say.   People like Boebert and AOC don't know how to keep their mouths shut enough IMO.   And don't take that as misogynistic because it's not.   That kind of arrogance/ignorance is completely gender neutral in my experience.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.32    3 years ago

You know what my dad told me when I graduated college? "Another college educated idiot loose on the streets" He said that to remind me where I came from and not to get too big for my britches

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.34  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.33    3 years ago

Lol ... sounds familiar.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

www.msn.com   /en-us/news/politics/lauren-boebert-apologizes-to-muslims-for-remarks-about-ilhan-omar/ar-AARbdWl

Lauren Boebert Apologizes to Muslims for Remarks About Ilhan Omar

4-5 minutes   Invalid Date

W ASHINGTON—GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert apologized to Muslims on Friday for a joke casting Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar as a possible suicide bomber that drew heavy criticism, with the top Republican in the House stepping in to try to tamp down the controversy.

Relations between the two parties have become increasingly contentious in the past year. Last week the Democratic-led House censured Rep. Paul Gosar (R., Ariz.) over a violent anime-style video that depicted the murder of a Democratic colleague.

The Boebert controversy emerged on Thanksgiving Day. In remarks to supporters that circulated on social media, Ms. Boebert said she was getting into an elevator when a Capitol Police officer ran toward her with “fret all over his face,” but the doors closed before he could get there. The Colorado lawmaker said she saw Ms. Omar was next to her in the elevator and thought: “Well, she doesn’t have a backpack, we should be fine.” She said she then said to Ms. Omar: “Oh look, the Jihad squad decided to show up for work today.”

Ms. Boebert issued an apology on Friday and said she had reached out to Ms. Omar to speak with her directly. “I apologize to anyone in the Muslim community I offended with my comment about Rep. Omar,” she tweeted. “There are plenty of policy differences to focus on without this unnecessary distraction.”

Ms. Omar, one of the first two Muslim women in Congress, said the story fueled anti-Muslim bigotry and endangered her personally, and she called on Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R., Calif.) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) to take appropriate action.

“Fact, this buffoon looks down when she sees me at the Capitol, this whole story is made up. Sad she thinks bigotry gets her clout,” the Minnesota congresswoman tweeted. “Congress can’t be a place where hateful and dangerous Muslims tropes get no condemnation.”

Mr. McCarthy said he talked to Ms. Boebert on Friday. “She has apologized for what she said and has reached out to Congresswoman Omar to meet next week,” he said in a statement.

Mr. McCarthy said he also spoke with Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, the second-ranking Democrat in the House, “to help facilitate that meeting so that Congress can get back to talking to each other and working on the challenges facing the American people.”

Democratic leaders including Mrs. Pelosi and Mr. Hoyer released a statement Friday night calling on Ms. Boebert to fully retract her comments and refrain from making similar remarks in the future, saying, “Targeted Islamophobic comments and actions against another Member of Congress, Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, are both deeply offensive and concerning.”

The Democrats also criticized Mr. McCarthy and GOP leadership, saying top Republicans’ “repeated failure to condemn inflammatory and bigoted rhetoric from members of their conference is outrageous.”

In the previous controversy, Mr. Gosar was censured and lost his committee assignments after he tweeted an animated video of him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) and threatening to slash President Biden. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, like Ms. Omar, is a member of the progressive “squad” in Congress and a regular target of conservatives’ criticism.

At the time, Mr. McCarthy said Democrats were overstepping their bounds in punishing a member of the opposite party and warned that a future GOP majority could target Democrats in a similar fashion.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

When is Omar going to apologize to Jewish people for all her anti Semitic comments in the past?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    3 years ago

You beat me to it.  

“Anti-Muslim bigotry isn’t funny and shouldn’t be normalised. Congress can’t be a place where hateful and dangerous Muslims tropes get no condemnation.” said Omar.

“Anti-Jewish bigotry isn’t funny and shouldn’t be normalised. Congress can’t be a place where hateful and dangerous Jewish tropes get no condemnation.” says me about Omar.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    3 years ago

Omar is not a suspected suicide bomber, yet that is what Boebert said about her, in a speech to Boeberts constituents for gods sake. 

Omar's remarks about Israel and Jews have already been addressed. What about this one Buzz?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    3 years ago

I don't give a damn what Boebert has to say.  So many lawmakers are saying so many ridiculous things it's all part of the mix.  However, the house PROTECTED Omar, they stroked her lovely fur.  Did they remove her from the Foreign Affairs committee?  NO.  Does she hate Israel?  YES  Do I admire the antisemitism of "The Squad"?  NO   Are you supporting Omar?  YES   Did you submit answers to the Western Movie Quiz?  NO.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    3 years ago
I don't give a damn what Boebert has to say.

What Boebert said is the point of this article.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    3 years ago

Bobert is conservative and must be held accountable ..... as it should be.    Omar is liberal and gets a free pass to be a anti semite and bigot whenever she wants.    As it shouldn’t be

Now you are beginning to realize the malfunction that is the liberal mindset of some.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    3 years ago

Who she said it about and why is also the point of the article.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.5    3 years ago

I have no loyalties to any American political party, and IMO the malfunction and decline of the USA is the fault of both major parties.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.5    3 years ago
Now you are beginning to realize the malfunction that is the liberal mindset of some.

Yes, spoken from a Republican Trump water carrier, just like the House and the Senate, willing to forgive ANY and EVERYTHING 45 ever did, while baseless accusations fly out non stop about Biden and the Dems. Talk about the height of hypocrisy, as the Repubs lower the bar till inn order to get a drink, one must avoid the stairs from the onlookers and hookers, who've  must of bought it with the fishy lines as they sinkers to new lows every damn day, with the bullship they do constantly utter lee ridiculous, but i believe you know this and just refuse to acknowledge  do to spite, and spite reminds me of Spirits,ore maybe  some Sprite, with VODKA and a splash of Cranberry on the Rocks, sounds like a plan fella, Sparty on now, ya heaqr...?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.8    3 years ago

Blah, blah, blah .... deflection from a clueless, TDS ridden ridden partisan.     Never answering any questions ..... only pushing gibberish.....

Let me know if you ever want to have a serious conversation.    I’m still waiting.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.7    3 years ago

As bad as the USA may be, it’s many many, factors better than countries like China.    You would agree if you were Muslim I promise you that.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.11  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    3 years ago

It was just a joke.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.10    3 years ago

I would agree if I were Muslim?   If I were a Muslim who was not a terrorist I would not. 

How do you explain that of the approximately 32 million Muslims living in China, including Uyghurs, that around 31 million of them live in China in absolute peace, pray in their mosques, buy food from their Halal butchers, carry on their businesses (their lamb specialties in their non-pork restaurants are my favourite places to eat), educate their children in the same schools as every other faith or non-faith (when I was teaching in a very expensive private high school here some of the students were Muslim but nobody would have been able to tell the difference), celebrate their festivals, live anywhere they wish?  I guess it's because of the propaganda that is spread in the USA about genocide, torture, rape, slavery, to fuel the hatred and demonization of China in order to deflect Americans' attention from their own problems, and don't think I dislike Biden any less than I disliked Trump now that he is pro-Palestinian and encouraging their hatred of the Jews, now that he is FURTHERING Trump's demonization and provocations against the Chinese with yet more multiple bans against Chinese industries, politicising universal international sport where being ABOVE politics is the rule, weaponizing trade and sport to demonize, spreading nuclearization around China with his AUKUS, pressuring the "5 Eyes", and other organizations of nations and even amassing all democracies to pressure and contain China from advancing and progressing because there is a possibility that China just might depose the world's number one "exceptional" nation from being number ONE.  

Biden won't ease up on his demonization of China because if he does, since so much hatred of China has already been established in the USA, the Republicans would be able to use it as a slander against Biden, such as calling him soft on China or a China pawn, in order to defeat him and the Democrats is future elections.  Oh, American politics is so transparent it's a world-wide joke.  And in my opinion, all it is doing is hurting the American people more than it is the Chinese, except for the Chinese and Asian people in the USA who have had to deal with the increased violence against them.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.12    3 years ago
at of the approximately 32 million Muslims living in China, including Uyghurs, that around 31 million of them live in China in absolute peace

What a great argument. To Bad John Wayne Gacy didn't think of that.  Who really cares about the dozens of kids he molested and murdered? There were millions of kids he didn't murder!

Approximately 1.5 million of 12 million Uigers are currently detained in concentration camps. 

I get it though.   Genocide is hard to spin, keep at it and maybe you will stumble upon a non monstrous argument.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.13    3 years ago

Before religious extremists and separatists were sent to re-education camps, and terrorists were sent to prisons (which you call concentration camps) there were acts of terrorism carried out in China and peaceful citizens were not safe.  Now the only such acts (and they are reported here or I wouldn't have known about them) have been two cases of deranged old men breaking into schools with cleavers or a couple of knife attacks.  So crime in China is dealt with in order to maintain the peace.  And are people not incarcerated in the USA when they break the law?  Doesn't America have the highest incarceration rate in the world?   People in glass houses......etc.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.13    3 years ago

And by the way, Sparty On spoke of Muslims in both countries GENERALLY, and that was what my reply addressed.  He did not make a comparison with an individual criminal like you did, trying to make a totally false and irrelevant ridiculous argument. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.15    3 years ago

Oh my goodness.  I took this photo on the street here.  Amazing, isn't it, that she hasn't been thrown into a concentration camp, beaten, raped, sterilized, and forced to pick cotton, but actually walks feely on the street here in China.....

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.17  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.16    3 years ago
I took this photo on the street here.  Amazing, isn't it, that she hasn't been thrown into a concentration camp, beaten, raped, sterilized, and forced to pick cotton, but actually walks feely on the street here in China.....
(deleted)

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.18  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.16    3 years ago
Oh my goodness.  I took this photo on the street here.  Amazing, isn't it, that she hasn't been thrown into a concentration camp, beaten, raped, sterilized, and forced to pick cotton, but actually walks feely on the street here in China.....

China bans burqa in biggest Muslim city | CNN

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.19  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @3.1.18    3 years ago

No surprise to me that they would be banned in Xinjiang where the government is trying to quell religious extremism.  My photo was taken in Zhengzhou, also a big city in China.  The burqa has been banned in the whole countries of Switzerland, France, Belgium, The Congo, Chad, Gabon, Bulgaria and Latvia as well.  Switzerland even bans mosques from having minarets, but China doesn't. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.13    3 years ago

With absolutely no due process.    Call em what they are.    Re-education camps.    God knows what they are doing to people in there.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.21  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.20    3 years ago
"God knows what they are doing to people in there."

Maybe so, and since that is so, it's easy to make up all kinds of stories about it, isn't it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.22  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.19    3 years ago

Minarets ok, crosses not.  Typical CCP hypocrisy and doublespeak 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.23  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.20    3 years ago

In the western democracy free world we call it what it is, genocide.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.24  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.23    3 years ago

Whatever those you include in your "we" want to call it doesn't matter to me, because whatever the CPC has done, it has stopped the rampant terrorist murders of innocent men, women and children by the Uyghur terrorists more than four years ago.  I feel pretty safe.  Do you?  Only two gun shootings killing people in America reported by Microsoft Bing News today - a slow day I guess.  To me, daily gun murders and accidental gun deaths in a nation where guns in private hands outnumbers cars, is genocide.  But notwithstanding America's incarceration rate is the highest in the world, Americans like to point elsewhere, don't they.  At least your gun violence and your incarceration rate are "exceptional".  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.25  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.22    3 years ago

The minarets have a function, a purpose, but the crosses have not had a purpose other than advertising and protecting people from vampires since the Romans stopped crucifying people on them. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.21    3 years ago

I'm sure it is but China's civil rights record isn't the best now is it?   So it's believable, very believable.

Unlike people thinking more rural America is just like more urban America in crime, etc when nothing could be further from the truth.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.28  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.27    3 years ago

I agree that China's civil rights record has not been the best, nor has America's, or there would not have even been a BLM protest there, would there?   Rural America isn't another country.  Urban America, rural America - believe it or not, it's ALL America, isn't it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.28    3 years ago

Look no further than the mass exodus from a lot of bigger cities like New York and Chicago for your answer.    It’s no aberration.   People are leaving in droves to more rural areas to escape the chaos being sown by big city liberal policy.

Same country but drastically different conditions.

Drastically.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.30  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.29    3 years ago

IMO it has nothing to do with liberal policy, it's the nature of the demographics of a big city.  Toronto has had its problems as well, and it has nothing to do with governance, and in fact both the mayor and the Ontario provincial governing party are Conservative.notwithstanding that Trudeau's Canadian government is Liberal.  Are the Republicans/conservatives blaming Biden and the Democrats for the "atmospheric river" that's causing so much flooding damage as well?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.30    3 years ago
IMO it has nothing to do with liberal policy,

And you would be wrong.  

Take NYC for example.   Compare 1990 NYC with todays more "progressive" NYC.      Welfare reform, more aggressive policing, tougher criminal sentencing and generally a greater concentration on city wide quality of life reforms brought NYC out of the crime infested nightmare it became after the "cultural revolution" of the 60's and 70's.   That, is indisputable.   Now, because of more liberal/progressive policy, they are headed in the wrong direction once again.   That is also indisputable.

It's like deja vu all over again.

it's the nature of the demographics of a big city.

Really?   That sounds a little bigoted don't you think?

Are the Republicans/conservatives blaming Biden and the Democrats for the "atmospheric river" that's causing so much flooding damage as well?

Ridiculous hyperbole is not really all that helpful in this discussion Buzz.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.32  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.25    3 years ago

<snicker...vampires and crosses>

What is the function of a minaret? I know I could go look this up...but you always indulge me when I ask a question

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.33  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.32    3 years ago

The ancient traditional Muslim call to prayer 5 times a day has continued noiwithstanding more recent electronic and technological reminder methods.  Before all that modern stuff was invented it was required to be broadcast to the surrounding area in the most effective way, and calling from a place high above was required to do that.  Let us compare that with Big Ben in London.  Everyone has a watch or a cell-phone clock so is it necessary to bong out the big bell every hour?  It's tradition.  The call to prayer is not considered advertising.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.34  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.31    3 years ago

Bigoted?  It's bigoted to accuse me of stating a reality.  I relate facts and you accuse me of bigotry?

The first thing a person needs to do is comprehend the meaning of the word "demographics".

Definition of   demographic  (Merriam-Webster)

(Entry 1 of 2)
1 demographics  plural   the statistical characteristics of human populations (such as age or income) used especially to identify markets - a change in the state's  demographics
2 business  a market or segment of the population identified by demographics ( trying to reach a younger  demographic)

demographic

adjective
variants:  or less commonly  demographical   \   ˌde-​mə-​ˈgra-​fi-​kəl    ˌdē-​mə-​  \

Definition of  demographic  (Entry 2 of 2)

1 of or relating to  demography  or  demographics demographic  data
2 sociology  relating to the dynamic balance of a population especially with regard to density (see  DENSITY   sense 2c ) and capacity for expansion or decline demographic  trends  ( demographic  shift)

Does your town have an "inner city", homelessness, abject poverty, crowded conditions?  

Now and then, out of frustration, I do tend to get a little sarcastic, sespecially when I see something posted that makes me shake my head.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.35  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.34    3 years ago

First of all, i didn't "accuse" you of anything.   Read it again please.   And related to the meaning of Demographics.     I understand the meaning just fine.   And i quote:

relating to the dynamic balance of a population

Dynamic balance of a population.   As in the mix of nationalities, race, etc.   I get the Density interpretation but it is not the only definitional competent of Demographics.

So yeah, i'm watching homelessness, abject poverty and crowded conditions at play in some bigger cities right now where smash and grabs are happening.   As the smash and grabbers hop in their get away cars after they have lifted their booty.    /S

Now and then, out of frustration, I do tend to get a little sarcastic, sespecially when I see something posted that makes me shake my head.

Fair enough, just don't get mad when someone else does the same to you.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.33    3 years ago

Thanks, Buzz! So it's basically a large bull horn. Minaret is a nicer name

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.37  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.35    3 years ago

I said:  "it's the nature of the demographics of a big city."

You replied to that:  "Really?   That sounds a little bigoted don't you think?"

Your "That" did not refer to a word, it referred to what I said.  The word "demographics" is not bigoted nor can it be said to be bigoted so you damn well meant me.

Or were you just KIDDING, eh?  It's okay, Sparty On,  As Amon Goeth (Ralph Fiennes) said to the boy in Schindler's List who couldn't erase the ring in the tub, "I pardon you"  (then he shot him).  Damn, I love the movies. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.38  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.37    3 years ago
so you damn well meant me.

Nope but thanks for telling me what i meant.

That is always a nice trick

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.39  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.38    3 years ago

If the members of NT weren't so damned polarized and cliquey, I'd call for a vote on what they thought you meant, but I think it's better to just call for an end to this discussion, i.e. agree to disagree. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.40  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.39    3 years ago

I speak my mind and i tell the truth.   Always!   That said I could give a shit what anyone here thinks about that.

I've already told you that i wasn't calling you out on it but nobody tells you anything Buzz.

That much is true as well, very true.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.41  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.40    3 years ago

IMPASSE

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    3 years ago

Boebert is an extremist, and a creep.  She has no business being in Congress.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @4    3 years ago

Bobert’s constituents disagree with you, which in the end is all that really matters

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 years ago

She was elected by a fairly slim majority.  We will see if her constituents approve of her idiocy enough to re-elect her.  If they do, the disgrace is all theirs.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.1    3 years ago

So, what’s your excuse for Omar’s public bigotry?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.2    3 years ago

Crickets are chirping...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.2    3 years ago

Ridiculous comment.  Her bigotry is what it is and I don't make any excuses for it.  You excused Boebert's bigotry ("Bobert’s constituents disagree with you, which in the end is all that really matters"), so that must mean you also excuse the lunatic Greene's bigotry, and the fascist Gosar's bigotry.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.5    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.6    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.4    3 years ago
You excused Boebert's bigotry

Wrong but try another lie and see if manages to take.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.8    3 years ago

The only lie is pretending that your comment wasn't an attempt to make an excuse for Boebert's bigotry.  A failed excuse.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.9    3 years ago

Wrong again.   One more lie that doesn't take.

Nothing i've said here can be remotely defined as a defense of anyone's behavior.  

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 years ago

She's actually losing support. Have you read thedoctorisinthehouse article yet? He has a few words about Lawless Lauren

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.11    3 years ago
She's actually losing support.

As it should be if she isn't representing here constituents well and proper.

Politicians on both sides tend to have that problem.   They forget they aren't representing themselves but their constituents.

More problematic to me is that politicians like Omar AREN'T losing support as radical as she is.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @4    3 years ago

"Boebert is an extremist, and a creep.  She has no business being in Congress."

Same as Taylor-Green, Gaetz, Cawthorn, Gosar - any of today's gqp/alleged conservatives.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    3 years ago

Does that mean you think the Squad and others on the hard core liberal left of their ilk are totally innocent of the same and pure as the newfallen snow?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.1    3 years ago
the Squad and others on the hard core liberal left of their ilk are totally innocent of the same and pure as the newfallen snow?

And, their shit doesn't stink, either!

SMH

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    3 years ago

Got that right!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.1    3 years ago

Don't presume or assume.  Like you said - you know nothing about me, so take your assumptions and presumptions somewhere else. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.4    3 years ago

I did not presume or assume anything. I simply asked you a question.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.5    3 years ago

Of course you deny the obvious - it was a presumption/assumption.  

You just have to have the last word.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.6    3 years ago

At least I had something meaningful to say.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.7    3 years ago

Meaningful?  How so?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gsquared @4    3 years ago

and she sleeps with a pervert....lol

squiggy
Junior Silent
5  squiggy    3 years ago

Well, at least Boebert wasn’t talking about Omar’s husband this time - not her brother husband, the other husband.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  squiggy @5    3 years ago

Omar and her good bud Tlaib are the two biggest bigoted anti-Semites in office in DC and routinely get a free pass from Pelosi and their liberal left colleagues, especially from their fellow "Squad" members. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    3 years ago

Sounds like a lot of people here defending what she said.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @6    3 years ago

You aren’t listening very well.    People are just pointing out the liberal double standard and hypocrisy at play here.

Show me seeds coming from the usual sources here that post this sort of stuff on conservatives, that calls out Omar’s persistent and public bigotry.

Good luck ....

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    3 years ago

All you are saying is whataboutisms...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @6.1.1    3 years ago

Yeah, that is a marginally good excuse to cover for a steaming pile of hypocrisy but that dog don’t hunt with thinking people.

Try again.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.2    3 years ago

What pile? I don't make excuses for The Omar woman just like I would never excuse this woman.

Your look over there bullshit is falling flat.

You have done nothing but troll this seed endlessly about someone else.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @6.1.3    3 years ago
"You have done nothing but troll this seed endlessly about someone else."

That's all some have to contribute.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @6.1.3    3 years ago

Nah, i point out cogent points to the article in question and you try to gaslight it as trolling.   SOSDD

People who don't call out Omars chronic bigoted behavior have no high ground to call out Boebert.  None at all.

That said, i don't see anyone defending Boeberts behavior here.  Certainly not me.  Including Boebert herself who has apologized for it.  

That's just more lies of many that get told here daily.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @6    3 years ago

No, we're simply not having silly hypocritical fits about it.

Omar and the other loony subversive anti-Semitic "Squad" members deserve all the criticisms they receive.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    3 years ago

Then have a seed about them.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

I am so tired of these two wrongs making a right argument. 

Lauren Boebert was wrong to make that joke. It's not funny, it's hateful and bigoted and she is supposed to be a representative to all her constituents. 

Omar is a raging antisemite and who makes comments not even trying to be funny to hide her hate.

They both should be censured for this kind of behavior by their parties. 

It's not any more complicated than that.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7    3 years ago

My dogs better than your dog, my dogs better than yours...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7    3 years ago

Spot on.    

I’m tired of people here trying to put words in other peoples mouths simply to push their crazy narratives.

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.3  Veronica  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7    3 years ago

I just wish they would all shut up about their opinions and do their jobs.  Their job is to try to run this country and represent their constituents.  I don't want to hear the "free speech" argument.  They can voice their opinion on THEIR time & dime not mine.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

In my opinion, Boebert is as much a racist bigot as Omar. Boebert just happens to be the opposite end of the political spectrum from Omar, but a racist bigot is still a racist bigot, and neither one deserves to be elected officials in DC.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8    3 years ago

Spot on Doc, spot on.