╌>

Cognitive failure, a new variant and a monumental moment / the week that was

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  204 comments

Cognitive failure, a new variant and a monumental moment / the week that was
There will be a point where the country can't come back and we can never allow that point to be reached"......Donald Trump

We are now entering what the Catholic Church calls Advent. As another covid winter begins, the nation still struggles with multiple crisis. Joe Biden spent the Thanksgiving Holiday on the island of Nantucket. It was from there that he got word of a new covid variant with the silly name of the Omicron variant. Not much is known about the new variant other than the South African scientist who reported on it, described it as highly contagious, yet mild in severity. Despite that fact, the Biden administration swung into action banning flight from certain nations, just as Donald Trump had done. Unlike Trump, Biden was not smeared as a racist by a hostile media.

Also of note:

"President Joe Biden attempted to illustrate his support for Israel by touting a supposed wartime meeting with former Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir during a time when he was in law school and the former PM had not yet been elected.

Biden said he met with Meir during 1967’s Six-Day War, in which he claimed he served as a “liaison” between Israel and Egypt. He  made the remarks  during a menorah lighting at the White House Wednesday, apparently referencing a meeting he had with Meir just before a 1973 conflict,  Fox News reported .

The Six-Day War , in which Israel  annihilated a surprise attack from the Arab coalition of Jordan, Syria and Egypt  and  reshaped the Middle East , broke out a year before the future president graduated Syracuse University College of Law, according to the report. Meir was elected prime minister two years later."

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/biden-appears-to-misremember-1973-meeting-with-israeli-leader/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

The Week:

On Nov. 18 Dr. Angelique Coetzee, a practicing doctor for 30 years who chairs the South African Medical Association (SAMA), said she believed she had found a new strain of the virus after COVID-19 patients at her private practice in Pretoria exhibited strange symptoms. That caused a new set of actions by the Biden administration including a ban on travel from 8 African countries.

"The administration’s strategy will focus mostly on ramping up existing Covid-19 procedures and promoting vaccinations and booster shots. It will also aim to make testing more accessible by requiring health insurers to reimburse customers for the cost of at-home tests. The administration will also send 50 million at-home tests to community health centers and rural clinics for free distribution."

To try to slow the spread of the new omicron variant, which was detected in a second U.S. patient Thursday, Biden said that starting next week, all international travelers — regardless of nationality or vaccination status — will be required to test negative within a day of their departures to the United States. The requirement will be enforced starting with flights that arrive on Monday.

In addition, the  mask requirement  for domestic travel will be extended through mid-March."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-outlines-expanded-effort-to-combat-covid-amid-rising-cases-omicron-variant/ar-AARnO96?ocid=uxbndlbing

Meanwhile Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., announced his decision to end his tenure as the director of the National Institutes of Health by the end of the year.

Is the new strain too serious a crisis to be allowed to go to waste?

Biden asks a lot of US citizens but nothing of illegal migrants crossing the border. Why is that?

Is covid still after all this time, "God's gift to the left?"

Meanwhile, the SCOTUS has arrived at what could be a monumental moment, it could be an amazing moment. At the very least, abortion could have reasonable restrictions and at best, one of the most egregious Supreme Court decisions in American history could be overturned and the genocide of generations may come to an end. This is the moment and we are here because Donald Trump got to nominate 3 justices to the Court.

For democrats it is a dark moment. Abortion, right from the begining, sort of became part of their core cause. However, the senior party's politics changed dramatically in the past 50 years. The democratic party is now controlled by hard core progressives and the mantra of "safe, legal and rare" has been replaced by "shout your abortion."

The week also saw the concentration of 100,000 Russian soldiers along the Ukraine border. All the US Secretary of State had for a deterrent was the threat of "sanctions." I'm sure that Putin had a good laugh with that. I'm also certain that when Putin looks at Biden he sees what everyone else sees - weakness. The fate of the Ukraine is sealed. It will soon return to it's old function as the bread basket of Russia.

Hours ago the House passed a stop-gap government funding measure which now goes to the Senate, where Senators Marshall and Lee could stand in the way.

Twitter got a new CEO who said Twitter's role is not to be bound by the first amendment. 

A second man testified that Jussie Smollett paid him to fake an attack on Smollett. The case is barely being followed by the same media which once put the hoax on the front page.

Chris Cuomo got suspended from CNN

Another Court ruled against Joe Biden's vaccine mandates.

What have we learned?

We are learning how easy it is for Jen Psaki to avoid honest answers. Most recently she told Peter Doocy that the main reason for the "smash & grab" looting and flash mobs in California was because of covid! Not one press reporter questioned that or tried to debate her as they did with past press secretaries. We learned that social media is determined to keep censoring Conservatives. We have learned that few want to work for Kamala Harris now that is seems she may be upstaged by Pete Buttigieg. Despite Biden's announcement of another campaign in 2024, few believe it is possible. Many democrats fear the possibility. The option to another Biden run will be a contest between an inept black women who is very unpopular within the democratic party and a white, gay, fake intellectual. Neither of which appeal to middle America.

Here at home, we find that there are still some who believe in the Russia hoax or the Smollett hoax or that there were "white supremacists" supporting candidate Youngkin, etc, etc, etc. The list of ridiculous media narratives is endless and we have people who still believe it. In my opinion the worst of the lot are those smearing all those they disagree with. It is dangerous rhetoric and people die because of it.

Cartoon of the week:

Political-Cartoon-12.1.21-Mixed-messages.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable mention:

Peter Doocy "You advised the president about the possibility of new testing requirements for people coming into this country, does that include everybody?"

"The answer is yes, " Dr Fauci said

Doocy then asked if migrants crossing the southern border were included. 

"That’s a different issue," Fauci claimed.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

"They're really criticizing science because I represent science – that's dangerous. To me, that's more dangerous than the slings and the arrows that get thrown at me. I'm not going to be around here forever, but science is going to be here forever. And if you damage science, you are doing something very detrimental to society long after I leave. And that's what I worry about," Fauci told CBS’s Margaret Brennan on Sunday.

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz responded to the comment by calling Fauci "the most dangerous bureaucrat" in American history."

Can covid possibly help Biden again?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

More on Omicron here.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Its woe is us time again for right wing punditry. They in a rut. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

You're right John, happy days are here again / S

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago

More left wing insanity.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.1    3 years ago

Let's see Jack Healy, the New York Times and the team over at Duke/Sanford

Dumb down there.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    3 years ago
... silly name of the Omicrom variant ...

It is the Omicron (ο) variant.   The variants are named by taking the next letter of the Greek alphabet.   The WHO skipped Nu (ν) because it is pronounced 'new' and they did not want to confuse the public with a 'new variant'.   The letter Xi (ξ) (follows Nu) was skipped to avoid the predictable nonsense that this variant was named after the Chinese leader Xi Jinping.   Thus this is not 'silly' it is sensible and methodical.

The next variant will be labeled the Pi (π) variant (the Greek letter that follows Omicron).

FYI for those not familiar with the Greek alphabet and the WHO naming methodology.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1  Split Personality  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago

NT, get smarter here.

Thanks for that info TiG.

Appreciate it

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago
The next variant will be labeled the Pi

Will we be getting whipped cream with it when they serve up that Pi?   /s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.2    3 years ago

Will it also be skipped so as not to confuse with/or discriminate against various types of pies?

Shall we get smarter here?

Or are we learning sensitivity from the World Health Organization (which is beholding to China)?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    3 years ago
Will it also be skipped so as not to confuse with/or discriminate against various types of pies?

Do you really think sensible minds will be concerned about that?  

Or are we learning sensitivity from the World Health Organization (which is beholding to China)?

Good grief Vic is everything a conspiracy with you?    Skipping Xi is a no-brainer.   I would have done the same thing because of the way some in the public react.  Imagine the bullshit that would result from a variant named:  'the Xi coronavirus variant'.   I can hear Trump now saying:  "They are all Xi variants".   After all, look at you translating the Xi skip into an improper relationship with China.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.2    3 years ago
Do you really think sensible minds will be concerned about that?  

I'm showing both the lunacy of PC and the fidelity of the WHO to China.

After all, look at you translating the Xi skip into an improper relationship with China.

Lets see, the WHO Director General Tedros Ghebreyesus won his post after China backed him in the May 2017 election. Then Tedros provided cover for China's attempts at avoiding responsibility for the world wide pandemic. That's why we abandoned the WHO and probably the same reason that Biden got us back in.

Are you going to pretend you don't know all that?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.3    3 years ago
I'm showing both the lunacy of PC and the fidelity of the WHO to China.

You actually do not see how a coronavirus variant named the 'Xi variant' would trigger unnecessary angst?   This is such a no-brainer:  skip to Omicron, and avoid all the ridiculous bullshit about the 'Xi Janjing virus'.  

Are you going to pretend you don't know all that?

None of that makes a bit of difference.   The WHO skipped Xi for the reasons I stated.   This is such basic common sense — the fact that you, et.al. read conspiracy into this extremely sensible minor decision just proves my point.   Imagine if they had stuck with the Xi variant.   The conspiracy theorists would be having a field day.

Good grief where has common sense gone?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.4    3 years ago
You actually do not see how a coronavirus variant named the 'Xi variant' would trigger unnecessary angst?   This is such a simple thing to do, skip to Omicron, and you avoid all the ridiculous bullshit about the 'Xi Janjing virus'.  

You don't want any accountability for China's handling of the pandemic?

None of that makes a bit of difference.   The WHO skipped Xi for the reasons I stated.   This is such basic common sense — the fact that you, et.al. read conspiracy into this extremely sensible minor decision just proves my point.   Imagine if they had stuck with the Xi variant.   The conspiracy theorists would be having a field day.

It was done for the reason I pointed to.

Ask all those gender studies majors, who are teaching America's kids.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.6  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.4    3 years ago
You actually do not see how a coronavirus variant named the 'Xi variant' would trigger unnecessary angst?   This is such a no-brainer:  skip to Omicron, and avoid all the ridiculous bullshit about the 'Xi Janjing virus'.

yeah, but what about all the wasted advance printing the RNC did in anticipation? now what will rightwing radio pundits talk about this month. their war on xmas topic is threadbare after 25 years. /s

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.4    3 years ago

Unreal how it is denied when all facts have been provided

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.8  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.7    3 years ago

pffft, they've been flying fact free this entire century...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.9  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.5    3 years ago
You don't want any accountability for China's handling of the pandemic?

How could you possibly get that from what I wrote??   It really is annoying when people play strawman games when they fail to formulate a thoughtful, honest response.

It was done for the reason I pointed to.

Stupid conspiracy theory again.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.9    3 years ago

I'll let others decide what is stupid and what is protective of the CCP.

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.2.11  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.4    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.4    3 years ago
"Good grief where has common sense gone?"

Why belabor something that never existed here?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.2.13  Nowhere Man  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.4    3 years ago

Depends on which kind of common sense you believe in, real world common sense or phantasy world common sense...

Politics is full of phantasy world common sense...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @3.2.11    3 years ago

So this was true? :

Well done sir!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago
the predictable nonsense

Ya, says it all for the WHO.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago

So what happened to the letters between Delta and Nu?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.4    3 years ago

"A bicameral   campaign to put up roadblocks against a critical measure to protect the human rights of Uyghurs and other minorities persecuted by Beijing came into sharper focus last night, when Senate Democrats blocked an amendment that would insert the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act into the annual defense-authorization bill."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/12/senate-democrats-block-uyghur-forced-labor-bill/?

That must be another move to avoid predictable nonsense!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.4.1    3 years ago

Learned a new word today.  

Bicameral: government : having, consisting of, or based on two legislative chambers

Visit NT ... get smarter there.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.4.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.4.2    3 years ago

Thank you Sir.

It's good to know I'm not wasting my time here.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.4.4  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @3.4    3 years ago

They are named variants but they did not manifest into variants of importance.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.5  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @3.4.4    3 years ago

I see ..... busy little bastards these viruses.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    3 years ago

The Omicron variant just showed up in California and has already announced it is moving to Texas.

/s

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Texan1211 @4    3 years ago
The Omicron variant just showed up in California and has already announced it is moving to Texas. /s

I heard it is only a temporary lay over on the way to Florida.... /s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @4    3 years ago

Five cases in New York too.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

"Congress got its job done early. Both chambers on Thursday acted to fund the government temporarily through mid-February, which averted a looming government shutdown at midnight tonight. 

The House on Thursday evening passed a continuing resolution, 221-212, to fund government operations at the previous year’s fiscal levels through Feb. 18, giving lawmakers more time to hammer out their differences. Retiring Rep.   Adam Kinzinger   (R-Ill.) was the lone GOP member to vote with Democrats ( The Hill ). 

Hours later, the Senate surprised some by following suit after days of threats by some conservative senators to use a shutdown threat as leverage to defund   President Biden ’s   COVID-19 vaccinate-or-test mandate for large employers. The chamber ended the skirmish with a 69-28 vote to approve the continuing resolution, now headed to the president’s desk"

( The Hill ). 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 years ago

Republican Senators have the backbones of amoebas. In some cases the intelligence of them as well. Never trust a Democrat should be tattooed on every last Republicans' forehead that voted for the resolution.

These are the people we are expected to give power to and trust to stop the Democrat's plans after midterms? They have caved each and every time they have been put to the task so far. 

Still don't see a plan from Republicans. Clock is ticking idiots. Simply rolling over and playing dead after a short hold out to the Democrat agenda isn't going to cut it. You want to have the numbers to override any Biden veto? Then you have to show that you are going to force the Biden administration to change. Start by announcing the AG will be impeached; the Jan 6th commission will be terminated; and every last Democrat will be held responsible for their rolls in incitement and breaking Congressional protocols. That is the easy part. The next part is come up with a well detailed plan on how to seal the southern border; block Biden's illegal EOs/EAs on environmental regulations; launch a real investigation into how many US citizens, Green Card holders, and Special VISA holders are left in Afghanistan- and why the Biden administration has left it up to private entities and charities to get them out (Also why the administration has thrown up so much red tape making it harder to get anyone out of Afghanistan.); and scuttle the BBB bill if the Democrats pass it.

This is their damn job- about time they started doing it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    3 years ago

Well said. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Dow Jones Reverses, Tech Stocks Sell Off After Weak Jobs Report; Tesla Falls As Elon Musk Sells More Shares

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

“Burnout, better opportunities and concern about being permanently branded a "Harris person" is driving some of the turnover in Vice President Kamala Harris's office, people familiar with the situation tell Axios."

-hsa2MMs?format=jpg&name=small

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    3 years ago

They were here in Charlotte yesterday. As always, totally fucked up traffic for 4 hours.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1    3 years ago

Trying to sell their so called "infrastructure" green new deal?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    3 years ago

That was part of it but they were also actually pushing the REAL infrastructure one too. I guess to show that that particular one is a good one so everyone should jump on board with the bullshit 'social' one. You know. The old "we know what's good for you so follow us" dog and pony bullshit show.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.2    3 years ago

Oh ya, that's the tried & true method of the left. Just keep them out of Mount Airy!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago
"...a new covid varient with the silly name of the Omicrom variant."

I fail to see anything silly about the Greek letter "omicron", or the use of Greek letters to identify virus variants, nor do I think any well educated person would, and at least they would know how to spell it.  In fact it is certainly better than to use names that are used to deliberately demonize nations or races.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    3 years ago
In fact it is certainly better than to use names that are used to deliberately demonize nations or races.

Why?

What other punishment can we give the CCP for unleashing this deadly pandemic?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago

It wasn't unleashed, it escaped, and maybe it escaped through stupidity and negligence but to say it was unleashed means that it was deliberately imposed upon the world and you can't possibly prove that lie.  Obviously you have to blame someone, because you can't possibly admit that your god and master totally fucked up and is the cause of the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, so call it the CCP Virus, but by calling it the China virus you are not only punishing and causing hatred of a whole nation and its innocent civilians and ALL the Chinese people in the world, but causing harassment and attacks on innocent Asian Americans - DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?????  I can't get out of my head watching the video of the man in (I think it was in NYC) America who pushed an elderly woman down and kicked her in the head, while the doorman in the building in front of which that occurred watched, did nothing to stop it and in fact shut the door.   THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE IT WAS CALLED THE CHINA VIRUS BY TRUMP.  American Asians did not have anything to do with the virus but they suffered because of what Trump said, and YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    3 years ago
It wasn't unleashed, it escaped, and maybe it escaped through stupidity and negligence but to say it was unleashed means that it was deliberately imposed upon the world and you can't possibly prove that lie. 

The facts prove all of that wrong and we knew it right from the beginning:

There is new evidence to show that China locked down all domestic traffic internally by end January 2020 but pushed to open foreign travel till end March. Data from Tom Tom traffic index, a traffic location site that covers 416 cities across 57 countries show that as a result of this strategy, China, intentionally or otherwise, was able to lockdown its cities unknown to the world. While this reduced the spread of the Corona virus within China, China’s aggressive foreign travel policy lead to a virus explosion worldwide. Here is the chronological events of what happened with the requisite traffic data from 10 major cities globally and the statements from Chinese leaders that will help readers reach their own conclusions.

Beijing & Shanghai were isolated by Jan, domestic flights curtailed

The COVID- 19 virus first surfaced in Wuhan in the last week of December. On 31 December 2019 Chinese health officials first reported to WHO that 41 patients in Wuhan had contracted a mysterious pneumonia that was not responding to conventional treatment. As most patients were from the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market it was closed on the 1st of January. On the 7th of January Chinese scientists identified the virus as a novel Coronavirus later termed as the COVID-19 virus. On the 11th of January the virus claimed its first life in Wuhan city. On 13th January Thailand reported the first case of Coronavirus outside China. On 20th of January Zong Nanshan the scientist named by China to lead the battle against the virus stated ” Now we can say that it is certain that it is a human to human transmission phenomenon”.

On January 22 at a meeting to decide the measures to be taken, WHO was not able warn the world of the severity of COVID-19 apparently because of resistance from Beijing. (WHO referred to it as “divergent views”) On January 23 Wuhan city was placed under quarantine and two days later the entire Hubei province was locked down. The Chinese state machinery was harnessed to enforce an unprecedented quarantine on 50 million people across 15 cities. In the last week of January domestic flights from Hubei to other parts of China was stopped and restrictions on traffic movement in major cities like Beijing and Shanghai were initiated. This was the time of the Chinese New Year when offices and schools are normally closed and it is also the prime tourism season for the Chinese. On the 31st January Italy fearing a major outbreak of Coronavirus from hundreds of tourists arriving from China closed all flights to and from China.

China’s traffic density below 10% in Feb, but criticises global traffic curbs

China’s vice-minister of foreign affairs Qin Gang met Italy’s ambassador to China Luca Ferrari in Beijing following the flight ban. “Italy’s decision to stop flights without contacting China in advance caused great inconvenience to citizens of both countries. Many Chinese are still stranded in Italy,” the foreign ministry said on its website the following day. The U.S. issued a travel advisory against China travel on the 2nd of February but did not ban all services. While Chinese authorities limited domestic flights from Wuhan to other Chinese cities like Beijing and Shanghai in an effort to contain the outbreak in January, it urged international carriers to maintain their flying schedules. The Civil Aviation Administration of China stated “In order to meet the needs of passengers in and out of the country and the international transport of supplies during this special period … airlines [are required to] … continue transport to nations that have not imposed travel restrictions.”

China’s assertion that all was well for international travel was supported by the WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus at the opening of the agency’s Executive Board meet on the 3rd February. He said ” There is no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade. We call on all countries to implement decisions that are evidence-based and consistent. WHO stands ready to provide advice to any country that is considering which measures to take,” Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying criticised the US advisories saying “The U.S. government hasn’t provided any substantial assistance to us, but it was the first to evacuate personnel from its consulate in Wuhan, the first to suggest partial withdrawal of its embassy staff, and the first to impose a comprehensive travel ban on Chinese travellers”

While China continued to protest against international travel bans it successfully quarantined Wuhan and other affected cities. The total domestic lockdown of Hubei province and the flight ban imposed inside China had immediate effect. As per data from Tom Tom traffic index Wuhan had a traffic density of 60% in January while Shanghai and Beijing had nearly 80% density. After the total lockdown the average traffic density fell to below 10% in Wuhan and Shanghai during February and below 5% in Beijing. While implementing a total domestic lockdown in February, China kept assuring the world that the situation was not serious and fully under control.

WHO declares global pandemic belatedly in March, nations unprepared

China kept on the facade of hiding the severity of the virus attack till mid March. On the 11th of March WHO belatedly declared COVID-19 a global pandemic. By that time the number of cases globally had grown thirteen fold. As per WHO website more than 118,000 cases had been reported in 114 countries, and 4,291 people had lost their lives when the global pandemic was declared. That is when the rest of the world started preparing for a suitable response to the pandemic, nearly two months after China.

It was only after a telephonic conversation with US President Donald Trump on March 27th that Chinese President Xi Jinping agreed to curb international flights from China. China’s Civil Aviation Administration stated after the discussion “that 90% of international flights would be temporarily suspended. The number of incoming passengers would be cut to 5,000 a day, from 25,000. China has also ordered local airlines to maintain only one route per country, once a week, as of 29th March”. By the end of March COVID-19 had become a full blown global crisis with nearly 10,000 deaths in Italy, Spain and the US and over 5000 in Iran and the UK which was much more than those dead in China.

As per data from Tom Tom traffic index the traffic density in Wuhan remained low at around 10% of the normal traffic in March while the major business centres like Beijing and Shanghai which had less than a few thousand cases of COVID-19 and half a dozen deaths showed partial recovery of traffic to around 40%. The rest of the world oblivious of the need for total lockdown took time to react. The traffic remained high at over 60% in major cities like Rome, Milan, Madrid, Paris, London, New York, New Delhi and Mumbai during March.

Australia calls for investigation, China and WHO must be made accountable

The Tom Tom traffic data index shows that in all other global cities like Rome, Milan, Madrid, Paris, London, New York, New Delhi and Mumbai the traffic density dropped to 10% only in the month of April when most nations went under lockdown. This was a clear two months after China went in for a domestic lock down and allowed the virus to proliferate to international destinations through human contact. The traffic density in Beijing and Shanghai rose to over 60% in April showing that the Chinese cities and its economy was back to normal functioning.

While China limited its losses to below 5000 by end April 2020, the US had lost 60,000 lives, Italy, Spain, France and UK above 20,000 each and the world saw over 200,000 deaths that was nearly doubling every fortnight. So though the virus had originated from China which initially infected citizens from 27 nations, because of China’s diabolic international travel policy it spread rapidly to a totally unprepared Europe, mainly Italy and Spain and thereafter to the rest of the world becoming a global pandemic. So weather the virus was produced in the Wuhan Virology Institute as an exercise of bio-terrorism or simply arrived unintentionally due to bat and pangolin infected blood from its exotic animal markets in Wuhan, China is answerable for the way it allowed the virus to spread.

Australia has called for an international investigation into the spread of COVID-19 and all nations of the world including India must back the move. Also it has been suggested that the leadership and the action of WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus needs to be probed. All nations including India need to support such an investigation for it is better to be safe than sorry.

Obviously you have to blame someone, because you can't possibly admit that your god and master totally fucked up and is the cause of the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, so call it the CCP Virus, but by calling it the China virus you are not only punishing and causing hatred of a whole nation and its innocent civilians and ALL the Chinese people in the world, but causing harassment and attacks on innocent Asian Americans - DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?????

No. We know you hate Trump but he didn't do it - The CCP did!

I can't get out of my head watching the video of the man in (I think it was in NYC) America who pushed an elderly woman down and kicked her in the head, while the doorman in the building in front of which that occurred watched, did nothing to stop it and in fact shut the door.   THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE IT WAS CALLED THE CHINA VIRUS BY TRUMP. 

No. That happened because some inner city blacks have viewed Asian Americans as easy targets. I know the truth stings!

American Asians did not have anything to do with the virus but they suffered because of what Trump said, and YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM.  

What a strawman argument that is. Asian Americans had nothing to do with it and the Chinese people had little to do with it, but the CCP most certainly WAS TO BLAME!

Hallux
Masters Principal
8.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    3 years ago

Good morning Buzz,

I only dropped in to read your comment. [deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @8.1.3    3 years ago

Thank you, Hallux.  This was the first time I bothered to look at one of Vic's week that was articles and it is also now going to be the last.  I corrected a spelling mistake and got a totally irrelevant reply that I countered and then the biggest bullshit load of unproven garbage got thrown in my face.  I've previously posted established proof that it's bullshit but it's late and I'm tired and I'm not going to bother going back through my previous comments to look for it now, and anyway I don't intend to waste my time - Vic will never see me here again and I don't give a shit if he says good riddance.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago
What other punishment can we give the CCP for unleashing this deadly pandemic?

You want to 'punish' the CCP by naming a variant 'Xi'?   Punish?   Are you serious?   If you were in charge of the WHO you would deliberately use the 'Xi' name knowing full well that it will be taken as the 'Xi Jinping variant' and trigger a flurry of childish and counterproductive nonsense?   That is irresponsible.

The responsible approach is to simply skip to the next Greek letter and avoid fanning the flames of the conspiracy theorists.

Punishment is based on first securing clear cause.   That, Vic, is likely to never happen at this point.   I doubt we will ever get to the true story of how the coronavirus got into the population.   We know ground 0 but that may be the end of it.   You might just have to live with this never being resolved.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    3 years ago

Again with the conspiracy theory that China intentionally infected the entire planet.    It is not in China's best interests to trigger a pandemic that they cannot control onto the planet and have them be holding the smoking gun.

That alone should dissuade these ridiculous conspiracy theories.

China is perfectly capable of all sorts of stealth, surgical acts to achieve their objectives.   Intentionally releasing an extremely brute force, blunt, crude, and uncontrollable weapon whose side-effects cannot be predicted and which caused pain and suffering to the entire planet would be an act of insanity.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    3 years ago

Good Morning Vic,

[Deleted]

Hallux
Masters Principal
8.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Hallux @8.1.3    3 years ago

No Value [Perrie Halpern R.A.]

The entire article has no value other than to cast valuless aspersions!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.5    3 years ago
You want to 'punish' the CCP by naming a variant 'Xi'?  

I want a lot more than that, but the rest of the world fears it.

Punish? 

At the very least. I consider it an act of war.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.9    3 years ago
I want a lot more than that, but the rest of the world fears it.

I noted that you seem to think that naming the Xi variant would punish the CCP.     Kind of like punishing a serial murderer by calling him a meanie.

What, specifically, is the act of war that you allude to?

Hallux
Masters Principal
8.1.11  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.9    3 years ago

Now there's a reason for America to release her vicarious Kraken, more vicarious heroes to 'weep' over.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.10    3 years ago
Kind of like punishing a serial murderer by calling him a meanie.

What would you suggest?

What, specifically, is the act of war that you allude to?

The obvious one. Allowing people to travel outside of China, after they knew what they were dealing with.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.13  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.12    3 years ago

Americans were mostly those coming and going to and from China bringing the virus. In retrospect the US also made many choices which turned out to be wrongheaded butt they were not "Acts Of War". Bad shit happened...

When Trump engaged in a debate with Biden while hiding his Covid was that attempted murder? Was it an attempted assassination?

How about you drop the hyperbole a notch?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.12    3 years ago
What would you suggest?

As I explained, first the world needs to understand what actually took place.   I am convinced, at this point, that this will never be resolved.

The punishment, if any, would be diplomatic / economic rather than taunts, war, etc. and would not simply come from the USA.

Allowing people to travel outside of China, after they knew what they were dealing with.

You will find very few people who would consider that failure to be an act of war.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @8.1.13    3 years ago
Americans were mostly those coming and going to and from China bringing the virus.

That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Thus those votes up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.14    3 years ago
As I explained, first the world needs to understand what actually took place.   I am convinced, at this point, that this will never be resolved.

It's not just about how the coronavirus came to first infect humans - something scientists will argue about for years, but also what Chinese ruler Xi Jinping did once the pathogen crippled his country. Xi took steps he knew or had to know would spread the disease beyond his borders. We don't need to question the fact that the Chinese government placed travel restrictions within China, yet allowed travel out of China.

That is a fact.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.16    3 years ago

Yes, Vic, that is a fact.   I directly acknowledged that failure of China.   Right here, right in front of your nose.

I quoted this from you:

Vic @8.1.12 ☞ Allowing people to travel outside of China, after they knew what they were dealing with.

And this was my response:

TiG @8.1.14 ☞ You will find very few people who would consider that failure to be an act of war.

What, other than not reading what I wrote, prompted you to state that the Chinese travel restriction failure is a fact after I acknowledged it as fact?

Focus.   I acknowledged the failure and then made the point that the failure is not something that would be considered an act of war (except by a few).   The point is the act of war interpretation.   You thinking that this failure is an act of war is IMO ridiculous and irresponsible.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.17    3 years ago
What, other than not reading what I wrote, prompted you to state that the Chinese travel restriction failure is a fact after I acknowledged it as fact?

You seem to be conflating what they did when they knew there was an outbreak with it's origins. We don't need to know the origins to realize that restricting travel within China while allowing flights to leave China, isn't just a simple failure or a mistake. It is decisive action.

Focus.   I acknowledged the failure and then made the point that the failure is not something that would be considered an act of war (except by a few).   You thinking that is an act of war is IMO ridiculous and irresponsible.

You focus: Xi's actions make the infections and deaths outside China deliberate, effectively a “biological weapon.” His actions taken together constitute both a “genocide” and a “crime against humanity” under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court. He has nuclear weapons, thus some can be forgiven for the hand wringing. Defending that regime is noxious.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.18    3 years ago
You seem to be conflating what they did when they knew there was an outbreak with it's origins. We don't need to know the origins to realize that restricting travel within China while allowing flights to leave China, isn't just a simple failure or a mistake. It is decisive action.

Back to your conspiracy theory that China would intentionally and extemporaneously infect the planet with a pandemic that they COULD NOT CONTROL.   Your conspiracy theory is absolutely ridiculous.

Xi's actions make the infections and deaths outside China deliberate, effectively a “biological weapon.”

See above.   China would never intentionally unleash a brute force, blunt instrument weapon on the entire planet with them holding the smoking gun.   That is insane.   Instead, China would (and no doubt does) use its considerable resources to engage in stealth, surgical initiatives that they can control to achieve the specific objectives they have in mind.

Your conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.19    3 years ago
Your conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

And your denial of the obvious is right in line with the mindset of those who denied the Holocaust.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.21  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.20    3 years ago
And your denial of the obvious is right in line with the mindset of those who denied the Holocaust.

What obvious thing do I deny?    I acknowledge that China failed to prevent international travel after the virus was known.     That is obvious.

It is not obvious, in fact it is utterly absurd, to hold that China did this intentionally and extemporaneously to infect the planet with a pandemic that they COULD NOT CONTROL.  

Your conspiracy theory is absolutely ridiculous.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.21    3 years ago
it is utterly absurd, to hold that China did this intentionally and extemporaneously to infect the planet with a pandemic that they COULD NOT CONTROL.

Why not?  They were already infected with it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.22    3 years ago
Why not? 

Because it is so counterproductive as to be insane.

China would never intentionally unleash a brute force, blunt instrument weapon on the entire planet with them holding the smoking gun.   That is insane.   Instead, China would (and no doubt does) use its considerable resources to engage in stealth, surgical initiatives that they can control to achieve the specific objectives they have in mind.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.23    3 years ago
Because it is so counterproductive as to be insane.

Oh, that's the reason!

China would never intentionally unleash a brute force, blunt instrument weapon on the entire planet with them holding the smoking gun 

Why on earth not?  This is the regime that most recently took away Hong Kong’s autonomy, oppressed & imprisoned Muslim minorities, and attacked India while threatening Taiwan. And you think they are worried about what? Specifically?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.24    3 years ago

Because:

China would never intentionally unleash a brute force, blunt instrument weapon on the entire planet with them holding the smoking gun.   That is insane.   Instead, China would (and no doubt does) use its considerable resources to engage in stealth, surgical initiatives that they can control to achieve the specific objectives they have in mind.

China engages in stealth initiatives as do we.   Neither nation wants their initiatives to be known by the planet.   They want to accomplish their objectives and not leave a trace (if possible).

Your conspiracy theory is beyond absurd in that it holds that China extemporaneously decided:  'what the hell, let's just go ahead and infect the planet and hopefully this will take out Trump'.    It is ridiculous on so many levels it just amazes me that you cling to it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.25    3 years ago
Your conspiracy theory is beyond absurd in that it holds that China extemporaneously decided ('what the hell, let's just infect the planet').    It is ridiculous on so many levels it just amazes me that you hold to it.

That doesn't hold water. China was already infected, which meant that they would fall behind a healthy world. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Beyond you and I discussing motives or what might stop them is the cold hard fact that they did it and nobody is going to do a thing about it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.27  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.26    3 years ago
China was already infected, which meant that they would fall behind a healthy world. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

So China had an infection (which we see they were able to get control of).    But you think they feared that they would fall behind so they just extemporaneously decided to infect the entire planet without having any control over what happens and to whom it happens while they are holding the smoking gun.

You actually think a superpower would do that?   You think that they have nothing to lose by all the pain, suffering and death the pandemic caused (and causes) with them being seen as INTENTIONALLY INFECTING THE PLANET?

Your conspiracy theory is absurd.

I just cannot believe someone could actually believe such utter nonsense.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.27    3 years ago

That makes 3 of you.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.29  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.24    3 years ago
Why on earth not?  This is the regime that most recently took away Hong Kong’s autonomy, oppressed & imprisoned Muslim minorities, and attacked India while threatening Taiwan. And you think they are worried about what? Specifically?

Attempt to comprehend the profound difference between intentionally and extemporaneously infecting the entire planet in a pandemic and to have zero control over how it manifests with specific, targeted hostile initiatives that are planned out with specific objectives.

The fact that China engages in hostility does not explain intentionally unleashing a brute force, blunt instrument weapon that they cannot control on the entire planet with them holding the smoking gun.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.4    3 years ago

That's generally what happens here.  Why I don't chime in very often anymore, if at all.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.31  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.30    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

"IRS data prove Trump tax cuts benefited middle, working-class Americans most"

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @9    3 years ago
''IRS data prove Trump tax cuts benefited middle, working-class Americans most"

It also added trillions to the national debt. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @9.1    3 years ago

''IRS data prove Trump tax cuts benefited middle, working-class Americans most"

Plus, that's not true.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @9    3 years ago

Too bad that the Trump tax cuts for individuals expire in 2025, only three more years after this tax season, and the reduced corporate tax rates stay at the reduced Trump level.

Hallux
Masters Principal
9.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Kavika @9.2    3 years ago
and the reduced corporate tax rates stay at the reduced Trump level.

Trump was such an individual that he incorporated himself well over 500 times as did those other 1%ers that the shill on The Hill bends his knee to. Often it is not the 'facts' listed, but those that are not wherein the kernel of truth is masked for partisan consumption.

In the meantime, let's see if Haskin's "forthcoming" can outsell Christie's effort. 

Hallux
Masters Principal
9.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    3 years ago

Surely you don't mind if I quote from The Hill at the bottom of the article:

Justin Haskins ( Jhaskins@heartland.org ) is director of the Socialism Research Center at The Heartland Institute and the co-author, with Glenn Beck, of the forthcoming book “ The Great Reset: Joe Biden and the Rise of 21st Century Fascism .”

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Breaking:

FF27jFCXMAAJ0dI?format=jpg&name=small

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    3 years ago

Bummer ..... RIP brother.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Distinguished WWII Veteran, first elected to Congress in 1961.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

This man helped seize the 2020 election donating 450 million to the battleground states.

FF3pgLiWYAM37Z5?format=jpg&name=small

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
12.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    3 years ago

Yeah good ol' Mark Z.... He of controlled free speech fame... The Goebbels of today...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @12.1    3 years ago

And if anyone would like to dispute that, the question should be:

'Have you read Mollie Hemingway's RIGGED?'

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    3 years ago

No way they've read it.  

Worker drones read only what the hive instructs them to read.

If they can read at all .....

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.2    3 years ago
No way they've read it.

Would reading it have changed any of the Judges minds who threw out the dozens of frivolous baseless lawsuits filed claiming the election was rigged?

Worker drones read only what the hive instructs them to read.

Exactly, the moronic conservative worker drones read what right wing conservative media tells them to, nothing more. It's why they all seem to live in an alternate universe where up is down, white makes right, widespread voter fraud exists even though there's zero evidence of it, and the majority believe in wild literally insane Qanon conspiracy theories.

If they can read at all .....

"We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated," - Donald Trump

Clearly he was right about that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.3    3 years ago

Lol, i could buy and sell most politicians on the education front, including both Trump and Biden so  i'll raise them a Masters in Engineering ........ that said, education is overrated.   Common sense is not.

Some of the dumbest people i've ever met were the most educated.   This place i proof of that with all the "highly educated" worker drones chiming in daily.

Did you read the book?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.2    3 years ago
No way they've read it.  

Believe it or not, I have a way of knowing!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.5    3 years ago

Magic 8-ball?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.6    3 years ago

Nope. If I said it, I'd be in a bit of trouble.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.4    3 years ago
Did you read the book?

I've read enough excerpts from it to know the book is total horse shit pandering to Trumps base of poorly educated morons who'll believe just about anything with zero evidence or even with all evidence to the contrary. She blames pretty much everything on "Big Tech" and says Zuckerberg "should be in jail" but fails to actually lay out any law that he broke.

She criticizes 'Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL) that was funded by Zuckerberg and contends that such private-public partnerships undermine the public’s faith in electoral integrity but fails to mention that the courts repeatedly denied pre-election efforts to block CTCL funding and found nothing improper.

Mollie is a rabid conservative psycho who called the Charlottesville tiki torch march and death of Heather Heyer a "hoax", claimed that those who call the January 6th attack on the Capital an "insurrection" are the real "bad people" instead of those who beat officers with flag poles, broke doors and windows, chased legislators with zip ties in hand, vandalized and looted office and chanted "Hang Mike Pence!" and are now being convicted for the attack, and claims that "things went terribly wrong" in the 2020 Presidential election and says "“If you believe things went terribly wrong in the 2020 election, well, you’re not crazy, and you’re not alone,”. Well, she got one out of two right, these nut jobs are not alone, there are now millions of dumb shit conservatives who, without a lick of fucking evidence, believe the election was somehow "stolen" or "rigged".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.8    3 years ago

Who would throw their money away on such garbsge? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.9    3 years ago
Who would throw their money away on such garbsge? 

What is garbsge?

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.10    3 years ago

a typo?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.8    3 years ago
I've read enough excerpts from it

That's about all you read.

She blames pretty much everything on "Big Tech" and says Zuckerberg "should be in jail" but fails to actually lay out any law that he broke.

That's wrong on two counts. She gave Elias and state officials plenty of blame as well (even Giuliani). The fact that there was no law against replacing state election officials with hired activists does not diminish the wrongdoing.

Had you taken the time to have read that book I'd know it.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.12    3 years ago
She gave Elias and state officials plenty of blame as well (even Giuliani).

That's why I said "pretty much", the rest of her Monday morning quarterbacking was blaming Giuliani and Trumps lawyers for "doing it wrong" or Marc Elias for fighting to expand voting access before the election which of course was not illegal or even improper.

Mollie's lame partisan rhetoric does nothing but pander to weak spineless conservative dumb shits who spend their money on her book and pretend to be intellectual as they nod in agreement with her rose tinted 20/20 hindsight and laughable bullshit explanation for why conservatives were "right all along" but just supposedly got "outplayed" by villainous deceitful 'Snidely Whiplash-esque' Democrats.

Her book is full of lies and misrepresentations because she knows exactly what gullible right wing conservatives, desperate for the next wild conspiracy theory that validates their whacko alternate reality, love to gobble up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.13    3 years ago

The only liars & cheats were the ones who never got the consent of the losers.

Have you figured it out yet?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.12    3 years ago

Therein lies the problem. If one reads excerpts only, they were pointed out by someone that agrees with that person's ideology so I am guessing our friend here read the excerpts pointed out by some left leaning pundits who don't WANT to believe .......................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.13    3 years ago

Excerpts are all you need to know that the rest of the 'book' is garbage.

Like the former 'president's' picture book, I wonder how much that garbage costs?  How much for an autographed copy!   LOL!

A fool and their money . . . 

One of the traitors/part of the insurrection on 1/6/21 has a book out now - spineless Mark Meadows.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.15    3 years ago

It is possible that one does not commit to reading books that try to give support to Trump's Big Lie given the utter abundance of facts that show the 2020 election was absolutely not rigged (at the level Trump suggests) and that Trump legitimately lost.    Hard to blame someone for making effective use of his time.

I think it is far more likely that those who 'want to believe' something are those who are trying to believe that Trump's Big Lie is the truth.

If there were credible evidence that the USA electoral system was so rigged as to, for the first time in our history, change the results of a presidential election there would be far more activity than a book written by a known Trump sycophant.

The argument that the media persuaded the electorate against Trump is not at all compelling.   That is not 'rigging' an election and media influence (especially against an R candidate) is nothing new.    The argument of replacing officials with activists is meaningless unless one can demonstrate that election disintegrity resulted at a level that would have made a difference in the results.    Until we have credible evidence of an actual, significant 'rigging', I for one will dismiss these attempts to support Trump's 'Big Lie' as partisan noise.   A book by a known Trump sycophant does not cut it.    Let's see if this book results in a credible official investigation that yields actual evidence of significant 'rigging' that even approaches that alluded to by Trump.

(Not holding my breath.)

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.17    3 years ago

It would seem to a lot of people that a bias review, which is probably what was read, does not give the whole picture. It is like an abridged version with said bias. It's like when I was in high school and we needed to "read" a book for English Lit class. Cliff's notes were used to pull out the high points of the book for a lot of students including myself. The teacher knew it was going on and invariably would dig deeper into the book with some obscure questions you could only answer if you had actually read the whole piece. 

In this case, bias in, bias out when doing an analysis and one is deprived of knowledge and critical thinking pulling the whole story out and is, IMHO, intellectually dishonest and like having someone else do your homework for you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.15    3 years ago

I posted excerpts in the book group. Nobody has contested them.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.18    3 years ago

The rigging of a USA presidential election is a big deal.   It has never happened in our entire history.   If it were to take place, there would be no stopping the flood of evidence.   There would be no way it could take place and be covered up so neatly that not a shred of credible evidence exists to show that the losing candidate actually won the election.

A monster sized claim with such profound implications without a shred of credible, corroborated evidence showing we inaugurated the losing candidate should carry no weight with rational minds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.20    3 years ago

No one who shares their views/believes the lies would contest them.  12.1.19

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.20    3 years ago

Don't screw with the election and you won't have the skepticism, which you seem to think is so easy to dispense with.

BTW the 1960 election is controversial as well. Everyone has the right to question when shady things take place.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.21    3 years ago
No one who shares their views/believes the lies would contest them.  

What?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.24  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.22    3 years ago

Vic Trump never accepted the validity of the 2016 election (beforehand) either. He never said he would accept the results of the 2016 election. Because he won we were spared all his crybabying in 2016. 

There was no "flood" of mail in votes in 2016. 

He's just a cheat and crook. Many right wingers are a hopeless case, but the rest of us need to wake the fuck up. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.24    3 years ago
Vic Trump never accepted the validity of the 2016 election

Neither did Hillary Clinton and it was worse back then, nobody seemed to have cared about the claims and challenges that Clinton made!

There was no "flood" of mail in votes in 2016. 

No there wasn't. Unlike 2020.

He's just a cheat and crook. 

No the scum on the left have lied & cheated. Do you doubt it?  Watch what the people do.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.26  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.25    3 years ago

Hillary Clinton called Trump and conceded the day after the election. There have been 399 days since the 2020 election and Trump has yet to concede.

The idea that there is an equivalence between how Trump and Clinton reacted to loss is insane, but typical of the right. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.27  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.20    3 years ago

We are supposed to believe that Democrats cheated on a mass scale all over the country but the Republicans cheated nowhere, even though their party was led by the most dishonest president in US history. 

It is laughable, but because of the threat the Republican Party now poses to democracy, we cant afford to laugh any longer. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.26    3 years ago

When Trump defeated Hillary Clinton by just 80,000 votes in 3 key battleground states, Clinton joined recount efforts and tried to derail the Electoral College vote. She and her allies used lies about colluding with Russia to undermine President Trump and launch a special counsel probe with the purpose of ousting him by means of impeachment. And she spent the next 4 years publicly claiming the election had been stolen from her!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.27    3 years ago
We are supposed to believe that Democrats cheated on a mass scale

They changed the rules. PERIOD!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.30  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.29    3 years ago

On what planet does changing rules (due to a pandemic) that apply to everyone constitute cheating ?  Or "stealing" the election? It is absurd. 

You have to show that votes were cast by people who were ineligible to vote , and those votes went to Biden, and that there was sufficient illegal votes for Biden to change the outcome. 

No one has ever demonstrated any of that. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.31  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.28    3 years ago

Donald Trump wanted state legislators in key states to in effect declare him president.   He was willing to disenfranchise millions of voters in those states to get his way. He far more belongs in prison than he belongs in the presidency. 

Do you understand that?  Yes or no? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.32  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.30    3 years ago
On what planet does changing rules (due to a pandemic)

That was the excuse, or as Rahm Emanuel used to say "the crisis" to be used and state legislatures let them get away with it, as did liberal judges who aided them.

that apply to everyone constitute cheating ?

That must be the same concept that says if we legalize murder, nobody can complain about murder!

You have to show that votes were cast by people who were ineligible to vote , and those votes went to Biden, and that there was sufficient illegal votes for Biden to change the outcome. 

No one has ever demonstrated any of that. 

It doesn't work that way John. Once the election is over, nobody can prove anything. You guys are stuck with it. As I told TiG - Don't screw around with elections and you'll get the consent of the losers. Something you don't have now.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.33  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.29    3 years ago
The strategic objective of nearly every move by the Trump team after the networks called the election for Joe Biden on November 7 was to induce Republican legislatures in states that Biden won to seize control of the results and appoint Trump electors instead. Every other objective—in courtrooms, on state election panels, in the Justice Department, and in the office of the vice president—was instrumental to that end.
‘January 6 Was Practice.’ The Atlantic Publishes Special Issue on American Democracy in Crisis. (msn.com)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.31    3 years ago
Do you understand that?  Yes or no? 

Good for him. Democrats acted like bastards and now they will inherit the Whirlwind!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.35  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.34    3 years ago

No help for the unhinged. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.36  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.33    3 years ago

Legal clarity prior to elections is paramount. When an election is close at hand, the rules of the road should be clear and settled.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.37  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.32    3 years ago

You lose every debate you take part in here, and you will lose this one too. 

I have seen multiple Trump fans try to explain how and or why the election was stolen, and they all sound nuts. 

‘January 6 Was Practice.’ The Atlantic Publishes Special Issue on American Democracy in Crisis. (msn.com)

“There ain’t no fucking way we are letting go of 3 November 2020,” he said. “That is not going to fucking happen. That’s not happening. This motherfucker was stolen. The world knows this bumbling, senile, career corrupt fuck squatting in our White House did not get 81 million votes.”

He had many proofs. All he really needed, though, was arithmetic. “The record indicates 141 [million] of us were registered to vote and cast a ballot on November 3,” he said. “Trump is credited with 74 million votes out of 141 million. That leaves 67 million for Joe; that doesn’t leave any more than that. Where do these 14 million votes come from?”

Patterson did not recall where he had heard those figures. He did not think he had read Gateway Pundit, which was the first site to advance the garbled statistics. Possibly he saw Trump amplify the claim on Twitter or television, or some other stop along the story’s cascading route across the right-wing mediaverse.   Reuters did a good job debunking the phony math , which got the total number of voters wrong.

Richard Patterson, a retired firefighter, in the Bronx. Like tens of millions of other Trump supporters, Patterson firmly believes that the 2020 election was stolen. (Philip Montgomery for   The Atlantic )

I was interested in something else: the worldview that guided Patterson through the statistics. It appeared to him (incorrectly) that not enough votes had been cast to account for the official results. Patterson assumed that only fraud could explain the discrepancy, that all of Trump’s votes were valid, and that the invalid votes must therefore belong to Biden.

“Why don’t you say Joe Biden got 81 million and there’s only 60 million left for Trump?” I asked.

Patterson was astonished.

“It’s not disputed, the 74 million vote count that was credited to President Trump’s reelection effort,” he replied, baffled at my ignorance. “It’s not in dispute … Have you heard that   President Trump   engaged in cheating and fraudulent practices and crooked machines?”

Biden was the one accused of rigging the vote. Everybody said so. And for reasons unspoken, Patterson wanted to be carried away by that story.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.38  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.35    3 years ago

You can keep harping on it forever. Keep saying "no proof" as if you had a winning argument. They screwed with it and nobody is going to forget it.

You and a few others here were all too quiet when Hillary wouldn't accept the 2016 results.

Nobody cares about what you think is a winning argument. That ship sailed the day Marc Elias launched 200 lawsuits to change election rules.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.39  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.37    3 years ago

Sorry, John, nobody here claimed "cheating."

Save it for the feeble-minded kids who voted for Biden.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.40  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.36    3 years ago
The strategic objective of nearly every move by the Trump team after the networks called the election for Joe Biden on November 7 was to induce Republican legislatures in states that Biden won to seize control of the results and appoint Trump electors instead.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.41  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.35    3 years ago

The whirlwind!  More like gross flatulence coming from today's gop/gqp/alleged conservatives.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.42  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.40    3 years ago

The large & bold print is the surest sign of defeat.

You gave it all you had.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.43  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.28    3 years ago

Hillary Clinton conceded on Nov. 9th. 

Your posit is bullshit. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.44  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.41    3 years ago
More like gross flatulence

Are you referring to the gas problem Biden had visiting the Royal family?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.45  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @12.1.43    3 years ago

Hillary Clinton says she has been telling candidates seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination that even if they run a perfect campaign, the election could be "stolen" from them, implying that was what befell her in 2016. 

"You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,"  she said to cheers  on the Los Angeles stop of her "Evening with the Clintons" tour with her husband, former President Bill Clinton. 

You don't remember?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.46  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @12.1.43    3 years ago
Hillary Clinton conceded on Nov. 9th. 

Disingenuous at best.

Hillary was a main force in creating the radical resist movement that attempted to invalidate Trumps Presidency at every turn.

She's a POS and Bill should have left her years ago.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.47  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.46    3 years ago

Are they living together?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.48  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.47    3 years ago

Lol, probably by appearances only.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.49  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.41    3 years ago

Nah gross flatulence is all that comes from today's gop/gqp/republicans/alleged conservatives.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.50  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.22    3 years ago

Skepticism that the presidential election was rigged to falsely elect Biden is wholly unjustified by the minor changes that took place.    More utterly ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.51  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.49    3 years ago

Let's see there was also Eric Swalwell:

"Rep.   Eric Swalwell   seemed to cut the cheese live on national TV ... but the cheese, as it turns out, was apparently a studio mug.

The California congressman was doing an interview Monday on MSNBC's 'Hardball' with host   Chris Matthews   -- and while he was going on and on about Ukraine and alleged malfeasance by DT ... something that sounded like a loud, wet fart blasted through the airwaves."

It can't be Jerry Nadler:

"Earlier today, Nancy Pelosi did a presser on the Democrats’ awful election scamming bill. Jerry Nadler was there standing off to the side as moral support for some reason. While the rantings of Pelosi went forward, something really strange happened. All of the sudden, Nadler started inching his way off stage in a very awkward manner that is usually associated with someone who has either defecated on themselves or is attempting not to."

He shit himself!

So who can it be?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.52  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.50    3 years ago

You were strangely silent when Hillary made the same claim.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.53  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.52    3 years ago

Just stop with these lame attempts to make political disagreement about me when you fail to find a cogent rebuttal.  

Focus on the facts at hand and that which we are discussing and do not pretend to know what I wrote, did not write and my positions when there is no way on the planet you could possibly know.

Hillary, by the way, did not engage in a two-month intense lying campaign while serving as the president of the United States;  she did not trigger 61+ frivolous lawsuits;  nor did she attempt to suborn unconstitutional acts by officials, etc.    There is no comparing what Trump did (and continues to do) with what any other presidential candidate in history has done.

And, in case your conspiracy theory sensors are inflamed, I did not and would not vote for Hillary Clinton.   So I am not 'on her side'.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.54  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.29    3 years ago
They changed the rules. PERIOD!

Did the rule changes have an impact on the results of the election?

If so, deliver your proof.   If not, why are you still whining?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.55  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.53    3 years ago
Hillary, by the way, did not engage in a two-month intense lying campaign while serving as the president of the United States;

She did far worse, as I took the time to point out way back in post 12.1.28.

You can jump up and down and say "prove it!," but the 2020 election was forever tarnished and if democrats continue to try and nationalize elections, they will all be questioned. It took a long time to create a trustworthy election system where the vote was secure and private with voting being held on a single day. It only took the determination to oust Trump (which began the day he won in 2016) to erode that trust.

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.56  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.55    3 years ago

In reality, Trump lost by eight million votes...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.57  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @12.1.56    3 years ago

And in reality, you are going to lose the congress next year and the White House in 2024.

And the democratic party is untrusted, discredited and hated. They earned every bit of it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.58  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.55    3 years ago

Does not compare;  not even in the same league as Trump.  

It only took the determination to oust Trump (which began the day he won in 2016) to erode that trust.

What a distorted perception of reality.   You do remember that Trump was crying 'rigged' in 2016 up until he won, right?:

US Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said the election is "absolutely rigged" by the "dishonest media" and "at many polling places".   

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.59  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.55    3 years ago
the 2020 election was forever tarnished

by the activities of trump provoked insurrectionists on 1/6/21...

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.60  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.45    3 years ago

Unsurprising deflection. 

How about you address my comment instead of throwing different shit at the wall. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.61  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.46    3 years ago
Disingenuous at best.

How so Sparty? 

Hillary was a main force in creating the radical resist movement that attempted to invalidate Trumps Presidency at every turn.

Isn't that the right of every citizen? Are you positing that Hillary Clinton abdicate her rights as a citizen because she lost the electoral vote? 

Oh and BTFW Sparty, TRUMP was the MOST effective force in invalidating his Presidency. 

Juvenile. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.62  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.57    3 years ago
And in reality...

...Hillary lost the electoral college and thus the election in 2016 and conceded the day after the election.

...the investigations into the Trump campaign were legitimate and warranted as the Republican Senate investigation concluded. Their findings draw a direct line between the president's former campaign chairman and Russian intelligence during the 2016 campaign. Manafort's connection with Kilimnik was a "grave counterintelligence threat," the report reads, adding that it found evidence the Russian intelligence officer may have been linked to the Russian government's efforts to hack and leak Democratic Party emails.

...Trump lost the electoral college (and popular vote) and thus the election in 2020 and still has not conceded now more than a year since the election.

...there is ZERO evidence of any widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election regardless of how much Trumps whiny loser sycophants try to twist facts and spin legitimate election changes made due to an ongoing pandemic.

...Mollie Hemmingway claims in her book the election was "rigged" but provides ZERO actual evidence of any wrongdoing or crimes committed, she just panders to Trump sycophants by Monday morning quarterbacking and actively fantasizing about what "should have happened" in her clearly partisan opinion.

...Trump is a loser and everyone who voted for him are losers, they lost the election and clearly can't handle that fact and thus sit around in conservative circle jerks trying to cum up with a way to justify their loss stroke their fragile ego's without admitting they're losers. The picture of those who attacked the Capital on January 6th should now be placed next to the definition of "sore losers" who both lost the election and thankfully failed to prevent the transition of power from their loser candidate to the new legitimate elected President.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12.1.63  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.62    3 years ago
ry lost the electoral college and thus the election in 2016 and conceded the day after the election.

And participated in lawsuits trying to overturn state election results and was calling Trump an  illegitimate President years later.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.64  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.52    3 years ago
You were strangely silent when Hillary made the same claim.

Hillary Clinton never made the same claim Vic. Why lie? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.65  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.55    3 years ago

You took the time to post innuendo. Try some facts for a change. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.66  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @12.1.63    3 years ago
And participated in lawsuits trying to overturn state election results

What lawsuits are those Sean? 

and was calling Trump an  illegitimate President years later.

Link? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.68  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.67    3 years ago

All of your links refer to the same comment by Clinton, made at the end of September in 2019. 

Do you really think that is comparable to what Trump has been saying about the 2020 election every day for 400 days? 

Either do better or give up. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.69  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.68    3 years ago
All of your links refer to the same comment by Clinton, made at the end of September in 2019. 

Yes, very good recognition there.

Do you really think that is comparable to what Trump has been saying about the 2020 election every day for 400 days?

Nope, nor did I claim such nonsense. 

Either do better or give up. 

Links were asked for specifically, specific links were provided AS ASKED.

If there is some problem with that, take it up with the one asking for the link that took all of a 10 second search on Google.

BTW, do you have anything to dispute the FACTS of what was asked for and then provided?

I suggest you develop a better understanding what was asked before criticizing someone for providing exactly what was asked for.

Otherwise it makes it look like you are trolling me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.70  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @12.1.61    3 years ago
How so Sparty?

Already answered Dulay.   That you refuse to acknowledge it is not my problem and never will be.

Isn't that the right of every citizen? Are you positing that Hillary Clinton abdicate her rights as a citizen because she lost the electoral vote?

C'mon Dulay, such a sorry attempt at a redirect/deflection.   You can do better.

Oh and BTFW Sparty, TRUMP was the MOST effective force in invalidating his Presidency.

Only to the chronically TDS ridden Dulay.   Only to them.

Juvenile.

The truth is never juvenile.   It is just .... the truth.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.71  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.68    3 years ago

But she said illegitimate! /s

Sure, it's not screaming "Stop the Steal!" or "voter fraud!" or "the election was rigged!" but that doesn't really matter to these folk. There simply isn't anything in the history of American politics that can compare with the near daily lying of dishonest Donald after losing. If he had conceded the day after the election and all he had said was that Biden was "illegitimate" three years after the election no one would be complaining. Even if he had quietly tried legal routes after conceding to challenge State results no one would be talking about it today.

What this all comes down to is weak sniveling conservatives who feel justified in screaming about election fraud and claiming it was all rigged even though there's simply zero evidence to support their claims because in their minds Democrats are evil and Hillary is a crook and their guy was supposedly mistreated regardless of the facts. They are desperate to come up with any false equivalence that deflects and distracts from how badly they lost and what a monumental loser the guy they voted for is.

Trump sycophants are the very definition of sore losers, bitter and angry lashing out at reality because reality is too painful and thus they retreat into their safe space alternate conservative universe where a serial liar and adulterer who paid off porn stars so they'd keep their mouths shut while he campaigned is their 'Great White Hope' and second coming of Christ who they'd apparently do anything for whether it means lying, cheating or stealing all because they despise their fellow Americans who don't happen to share their political views, faith, skin color or sexual orientation.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.72  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.70    3 years ago
Already answered Dulay.   That you refuse to acknowledge it is not my problem and never will be.
Only to the chronically TDS ridden Dulay.   Only to them.

C'mon Sparty, such a sorry attempt at a redirect/deflection.   You can do better.

The truth is never juvenile.   It is just .... the truth.

It's your opinion and juvenile. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.73  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @12.1.72    3 years ago

Yawn ..... how creative ....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.74  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.49    3 years ago

Why some are going on about farts and someone allegedly shitting their pants is baffling.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.75  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @12.1.66    3 years ago
Link?

What did you want the links for?

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    3 years ago
This man helped seize the 2020 election donating 450 million to the battleground states.

Still trying to gaslight with this bullshit I see Vic. 

I'd challenge you to support your claim but as we all know, you almost never bother to even try to do so. Just as you didn't the last time I called you out for this lie. 

Zuckerberg donated 350 million to the Center for Tech and Civic Life.

YOUR claim that it all went to 'battleground states' is utter bullshit. Here is a pin map of where most of the grant money went:

Note that there are a crap load of pin points in states that are NOT 'battleground states'. 

Also note that even in states that ARE 'battleground' there are decidedly partisan counties. Let's use Michigan as an example.  

Here is a map of Michigan and how each county votes:

So, looking at the grant map and the party map of Michigan, it's pretty fucking clear that the funds were granted on a non-partisan basis. 

You can look for yourself that 'red' counties, townships and cities in states received grants from CTCL. 

Here is a link that cites the states, counties, townships and cities that received grants:

[Preliminary List] Grants Awarded: CTCL COVID-19 Response Grant Program - Google Sheets

Now that documentation should put to bed your bullshit claim once and for all, yet I have NO doubt that it won't and that you'll be back in the future, trying to gaslight with this crap. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @12.2    3 years ago
So, looking at the grant map and the party map of Michigan, it's pretty fucking clear that the funds were granted on a non-partisan basis. 

That's the way it looks. Now how much did democrat precincts get and how much did blue precincts get?

Keep in mind, that I have the numbers with me.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.2.1    3 years ago
That's the way it looks.

Glad you agree, now if that only caused you to refrain from regurgitating that bullshit in the future. 

Alas...

Now how much did democrat precincts get and how much did blue precincts get?

Vic, I utterly refuted your claim and YOU admit as much. 

Now that you can't claim that only 'battleground states' received grants, you want to move the goal posts to AMOUNTS. 

The states, counties, townships and cities APPLIED for the grants Vic. Each grant amount was based on that application. 

So the actual AMOUNT of the grant to each applicant is IRRELEVANT to this discussion. 

Keep in mind, that I have the numbers with me.

Then WHY are YOU asking ME Vic?

Post that shit and make a fucking point for once. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @12.2.2    3 years ago

Are Michigan and Wisconsin not considered battleground states? Then he was correct. As was Pennsylvania also considered a battleground state. And BTFW, NOWHERE did Vic say only battleground states. You are the only one who has uttered that phrase.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2.3    3 years ago
Are Michigan and Wisconsin not considered battleground states?

Why yes, Jim, YES they are. Point? 

Then he was correct.

Nope. 

As was Pennsylvania also considered a battleground state.

Yes again Jim. Point? 

And BTFW, NOWHERE did Vic say only battleground states. You are the only one who has uttered that phrase.

Let's look:

THAT was what Vic said. '450 million to the battleground states'. 

Vic set the predicate Jim. He didn't hedge his claim with 'most of' or 'the majority of'. 

This isn't the first time Vic has made this unfounded claim and as I stated above, it probably won't be the last despite all evidence to the contrary. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @12.2.4    3 years ago

Still didn't say only. Sucks when someone plays your semantics games back at ya doesn't it. Enjoy

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2.5    3 years ago

Reminds me of song from the 70's.

Substitute "Gaslight" for "Flashlight"

Funky!!

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.7  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2.5    3 years ago
Still didn't say only.

While YOU may think that the word only is necessary, any thinking person would understand that it isn't.

Sucks when someone plays your semantics games back at ya doesn't it. Enjoy

Semantics isn't a game Jim, it's something very useful, in fact some would say necessary when communicating, especially when it's in writing. 

Semantics: the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @12.2.7    3 years ago

Just playing your game. Just playing your game..................Give it up. You lost this one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @12.2    3 years ago

The FGA reported that Zuckerberg money was 4 times as great in Biden counties than counties won by Trump (per registered voter). For example, Trump won Georgia by more than 5 points in 2016. He lost it by three-tenths of a percentage point in 2020. On average, as a share of a two-party vote, most counties moved democratic by less than one percentage point in that time. Counties that didn't receive Zuck bucks showed hardly any movement, but counties that were funded by Zuck bucks moved on average, 2.3 percentage points more democratic.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.10  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.2.9    3 years ago
The FGA reported that Zuckerberg money was 4 times as great in Biden counties than counties won by Trump (per registered voter).

The 'report' says no such thing. Why lie? 

For example, Trump won Georgia by more than 5 points in 2016. He lost it by three-tenths of a percentage point in 2020. On average, as a share of a two-party vote, most counties moved democratic by less than one percentage point in that time.

The 'report' exclusively cites PA data, there is NOTHING in it about Georgia. 

Counties that didn't receive Zuck bucks showed hardly any movement, but counties that were funded by Zuck bucks moved on average, 2.3 percentage points more democratic.

AGAIN, the 'report' doesn't say that either Vic. 

Oh and BTW, some of the footnotes in the 'report' are hilarious. Citing the authors of the 'report' as a source. 

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2.8    3 years ago

Delusional. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.12  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @12.2.11    3 years ago
Delusional. 

Crazy talk

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.13  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @12.2.12    3 years ago

Semantics.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.14  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @12.2.13    3 years ago
Semantics.

Nah, it's reality

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @12.2.10    3 years ago
The 'report' says no such thing.

I can't explain how you interpret things and I won't even make an attempt.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.16  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.2.15    3 years ago
I can't explain how you interpret things and I won't even make an attempt.

YOU can't explain how YOU interpret things and YOU don't even make an attempt. 

I didn't post an 'interpretation' Vic. I posted a FACT. 

Now, if you want to refute that statement, I invite you to post a quote from the report that supports your claim. 

Keep in mind that I actually READ the fucking 'report'. There is NO data about registered voters in the report Vic. NONE, NADA, ZILCH. In fact, there is very little actual data in the 'report' at all. As I said, the 'report' is full of innuendo that led to footnotes stating that 'The authors calculated...' without providing links to the data they used. 

As with all too many of your links, it's partisan, bias and unsubstantiated. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.17  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @12.2.14    3 years ago

So are semantics. 

Now you...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.18  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @12.2.17    3 years ago

Merry Christmas Dulay and  a Happy New Year!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13  Tessylo    3 years ago

It wasn't 'rigged' so there's that.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

BTW: Here is one of the most vile things the left has done:

FEBtln4XsAMB-Vv?format=png&name=small

The left's ushering in of " Rememberence Day."

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
14.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    3 years ago

That’s messed up in so many ways! Some people are just garbage!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JaneDoe @14.1    3 years ago

I think that when someone so decent is forced to say it, it's official!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JaneDoe @14.1    3 years ago

Yep. And some people think this was done by conservatives when obviously the message "The real heroes are the vaccinated" should put that shit to bed.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
14.1.3  JaneDoe  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.2    3 years ago
some people think this was done by conservatives 

I think they probably know who really did it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.2    3 years ago
Yep. And some people think this was done by conservatives when obviously the message "The real heroes are the vaccinated" should put that shit to bed.

Are those the same people who think riots were caused by infamous "right wing out of state agitators"?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.4    3 years ago

Count on it

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
14.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.4    3 years ago
Are those the same people who think riots were caused by infamous "right wing out of state agitators"?

I rather doubt it since this war memorial was in British Columbia, Canada.

Even so, I hope the vandals are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extend of Canadian law.

It is funny how quickly right wing conservatives jump to blame everything of the American "left" without actually reading the story.

Also, no one seems to want to point out this fact that was also noted in the article about the war memorial vandalism...

" the vandalism in Cranbrook wasn't the only disruption to Remembrance Day events on Thursday. In Kelowna, Canada, anti-vaccine protesters reportedly showed up during a ceremony for veterans. eliciting backlash from the crowd ."

So no conservatives want to comment on the anti-vaccine protestors harassing veterans?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @14.1.6    3 years ago
"I rather doubt it since this war memorial was in British Columbia, Canada."  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

All this faux outrage!  Why am I not surprised?

Should have considered the source in the first place.  

Yet we on the left are constantly accused of gaslighting.

What would the 'right' do without their projection, deflection, denial + gaslighting!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @14.1.6    3 years ago
I rather doubt it since this war memorial was in British Columbia, Canada.

And THAT has nothing to do with what some progressive liberals are willing to fall for!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    3 years ago

Haters gotta hate ...... lots of hate going on in those groups these days ....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15  Tessylo    3 years ago

I'm sure that graffiti was done by someone on the 'right', not the left.  Yet another right wing agitator.   

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @15    3 years ago

Plus anyone could write anything they want and blame it on the left.

Where's the proof that someone on the left did this?

Exactly something someone on the 'right' would write somewhere to make morons think that the left did it.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @15    3 years ago
I'm sure that graffiti was done by someone on the 'right', not the left. 

You can be "sure" all you wish, but that isn't proof of anything at all.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @15    3 years ago
I'm sure that graffiti was done by someone on the 'right'

Sure because you have ZERO proof?

LOL.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16  Tessylo    3 years ago

"There will be a point where the country can't come back and we can never allow that point to be reached"......Donald Trump

Thanks to him - we've reached that point.

Let's hope we can bring it back from the abyss whatshisname brought us to.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17  Sparty On    3 years ago

It's already begun.   Virginia was just the start.  

The Senate and House in 2022.   Then we can begin fixing the clusterf*** created by the likes of Biden, Pelosi and complete nutters like AOC.

I will enjoy the gnashing of teeth and wailing coming from other nutters on the left when that happens.

It will be as sweet as clover field honey.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
18  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Manchin quietly discusses Senate rules changes with Republicans

FGKorxfXwAAvcGk?format=png&name=small

http:// hill.cm/y2wIDHp

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
19  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Biden signs executive orders to make all government vehicles electric & buildings renewable powered.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
19.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @19    3 years ago

More taxpayer funded nonsense although i do find the 30 year timeline to be completely reasonable.

Unlike the timelines dimbulbs like AOC put our there

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
19.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @19.1    3 years ago

The thing about the timeline is the fact that we, more than likely nor will Mr. Biden, be around to see if that happens. I love how a one or two term PotUS makes projections 15 or 20 years out when they won't even have the authority to make sure they progress let alone come to fruition.

Admirable but also dictating what future people have to live up to.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
19.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @19.1.1    3 years ago

Yeah i hear ya on the timeline but working towards more green energy is a good thing IMO.  

A very good thing as long as it is done thoughtfully and not in an ignorant, reactionary manner.

Unfortunately, wack-a-doodles like AOC can't begin to fathom how not to be reactionary or ignorant

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
20  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Texas governor's race: Abbott leads O'Rourke by 15 points, Quinnipiac poll finds:

6nNkCon-?format=jpg&name=small