Pro-life Democrats sound off on Supreme Court leak, distance themselves from national party leaders

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  magicschoolbusdropout  •  3 weeks ago  •  20 comments

By:   Kyle Morris,Jayme Chandler

Pro-life Democrats sound off on Supreme Court leak, distance themselves from national party leaders
Kristen Day, executive director for Democrats for Life, says she agrees with Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito's assessment from the leaked draft opinion that it is time to allow states to decide how they are going to handle the issue of abortion.

They're not "Real" Democrats Though. Just Kyrsten Sinema Types.

Not worthy of the Democrat label.

These Democrats "Don't Exist" in "Left of Liberal Land" ! 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

P ro-life Democrats are speaking out amid a leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court that signals Roe v. Wade, a 1973 landmark decision which grants federal protections for abortion, may soon be in danger.

While an overwhelming majority of leaders and members in the Democratic Party continue to embrace the idea that women should be allowed to obtain an abortion, as currently protected at a federal level under Roe v. Wade, a 2020  study  from Pew found that 3 out of 10 Democrats or left-leaning independents do not agree with the party's stance on the issue.

Speaking to Fox News on Wednesday, Kristen Day, executive director for Democrats for Life, says she agrees with Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito's assessment from the leaked draft opinion that it is time to allow states to decide how they are going to handle the issue of abortion.

OVER 63 MILLION ABORTIONS HAVE OCCURED IN THE US SINCE ROE V. WADE DECISION IN 1973

"I think when Roe v. Wade was decided it stopped an important discussion by our nation of how we treat the pre-born and how we treat women who experience unplanned pregnancies, so I think it's really important [that] it go back to the states because we can't continue right now and what is happening," Day said, reflecting on the moment she found out about the Supreme Court's 1973 decision to federally legalize abortion.

Describing her outreach to national party leaders, Day said there is a lot of "tone deafness" and that she has had no luck receiving a response to the "multiple letters" that were sent to Jaime Harrison, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, requesting meetings with him and elected pro-life Democrats.

"I think there's a lot of tone deafness when it comes to the Democratic leadership," Day said. "They're really beholden to the abortion lobby and I say the abortion corporation. As Democrats, we normally don't protect corporations, yet the Democratic Party decided to embrace this corporation and deregulate it, which is not consistent with Democratic values."

-------------------------------------

Nonetheless, Day said she remains optimistic as additional pro-life Democrats, many of whom she said are black, have begun "speaking up for pro-life voices" and entering elections across the country.

"Ironically, right now, a lot of our candidates are coming from the Black community," she said. "A lot of these strong pro-life voices are coming from the Black community. I think that's something the Democratic Party is unaware of, as well. There is a shift not only in the Hispanic community, but also in the black community."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    3 weeks ago

"I think it's very dangerous for one person to decide that to advance they're agenda they're gonna leak something to the public," Day said. "Specifically on this issue, it's a very emotional issue with very strong opinions on both sides. It's horrifying that someone thought to leak it was a good idea."

Day said she believes if the individual responsible for leaking the information to the press is discovered, then a "strong response" should be sent so that it "doesn't happen again."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    3 weeks ago

The photo for the article is picture perfect and 100% correct!  

Sean Treacy
Professor Expert
2  Sean Treacy    3 weeks ago

It's amazing Democrats like Biden won't even criticize the leak. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 weeks ago

They support the leak!  They likely played a role in engineering it.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 weeks ago

That's because they support it wholeheartedly.  Look at the timing of it.  There is no way that the Democrats can remotely be successful in the upcoming midterms.  So this is released in a very feeble attempt to distract from their abhorrent performance.

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB     3 weeks ago

Let's get straight to the point. For purposes of this discussion: Does life begin at conception or once born (live birth)?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  CB @3    3 weeks ago

It begins somewhere in between. And since we are not smart enough yet as a species to have figured out what that point is, it is better to err on the side of caution. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB   replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    3 weeks ago

And yet, you have an opinion about what women should do with their wombs. Do you suppose that girls and women are more interested in the act of childbirth (seeing they will likely have a front-row seat) than you?

It begins somewhere in between.

That would be, "viability" as written by Justice Blackmun (Roe vs. Wade 1973.)

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
3.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  CB @3    3 weeks ago
Does life begin at conception or once born ( live birth) ?

I'll Take Germinated for $200 Alex. !

What the heck.  smile

Plant Life Cycle For Kids - Some Interesting Facts About Plant Life Cycle

1. Seed –

The plant life cycle starts with a  seed . From the outside, seeds are protected by a tough layer, called  Outer Coat . But inside every seed, there is a tiny baby plant, known as an  embryo . The embryo has a root, shoot as well as the first true leaves.

Seeds wait to germinate until three needs are met:-  water, correct temperature (warmth), and a good location (such as in soil).

2. Germination –

The next stage is germination.  Did you know?
Before a seed germinates, it is  DORMANT  ( means, alive but inactive ). For germination, seeds need a suitable condition i.e. water, correct temperature and right location (such as in soil).

When the proper conditions are met for the seed, it will begin to sprout. The first root begins to grow downward. There are few tiny hairs on the roots which absorb water and minerals from the soil.

The process of the sprouting of seed usually after a period of dormancy is called germination.

If it's good enough for a Plant....Why not a Human.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  CB   replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.2    3 weeks ago

Hmm, did not figure I would come here all by my 'lonesome' and not get the best you have to give. Go figure!

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
3.2.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  CB @3.2.1    3 weeks ago
Hmm, did not figure I would come here all by my 'lonesome' and not get the best you have to give. Go figure!

Soooooo....... That's your best response to a Simple showing of "What's Alive" for Kids ?

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.3  CB   replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.2.2    3 weeks ago

Are you derailing your own seed? Oh, okay. Got it! What is this, "What's Alive"?

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
3.2.4  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  CB @3.2.3    3 weeks ago
Are you derailing your own seed?

Nope !

You asked, I answered.

[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Expert
3.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3    3 weeks ago
Does life begin at conception or once born (live birth)?

Vitality, the essential condition of being alive; the state of existence characterized by such functions as metabolism, growth, reproduction, adaptation, and response to stimuli.

A fetus has a metabolism, growth, cells reproduce, adapts to the maternal-fetal environment and reacts to sounds stimuli at 16 weeks.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.1  CB   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.3    3 weeks ago

So which is it: conception, or live birth?

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Expert
3.3.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3.3.1    3 weeks ago

The earliest that it reacts to stimulus is currently at 16 weeks.  If that is part of the definition, then at 16 weeks.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.3  CB   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.3.2    3 weeks ago

You did not accurately answer the question. Moving on:

This is from the project of these students and others :

original

Do you agree with this group's paragraph in the picture beginning: "Because I agree with 95% of secular biologists. . . ."?

Or, what is your view along these lines of conception or being born?

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Expert
3.3.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3.3.3    3 weeks ago
You did not accurately answer the question.

I don't think that it's necessarily an either or question.  

"Because I agree with 95% of secular biologists. . . ."?

I doubt that 95% agree, perhaps it depends on how the question was written.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.5  CB   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.3.4    3 weeks ago

This is a distraction, so I'm out.

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Expert
3.3.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3.3.5    3 weeks ago

Good idea.