Reporter says Democrats in Congress told her 'nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  magicschoolbusdropout  •  6 days ago  •  15 comments

By:   Daniel Chaitin

Reporter says Democrats in Congress told her 'nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6'
nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6 when they are talking about their districts and the way that elections play out,"

I know I don't give a "Bleep" about this Jan. 6th "show" that's being put on either.

It's not going to do a damn thing to reduce the cost of living for anything in this country.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

T wo congressional Democrats conceded that voters don't care about the Jan. 6 committee hearings, according to a reporter who spoke with them.

Politico national correspondent Betsy Woodruff Swan shared what she heard as  Capitol Hill  gears up for the  2022 midterm elections  during a segment Wednesday on the streaming service NBC News NOW. The exchange took place as the Jan. 6 committee is in the midst of holding a slate of summer hearings in which members are working to tie former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election results to the Capitol riot.

“Does the Jan. 6 hearing break through at all?" anchor Chuck Todd asked after he  noted polling  that shows most Republicans think Trump truly believed there was widespread fraud in the 2020 election.

“I don’t think it does. I've talked to two separate Democratic members of Congress in the last couple weeks about Jan. 6 — obviously, I can’t say who — and both of them have said, offhandedly, nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6 when they are talking about their districts and the way that elections play out," she said.

The reporter stressed that the Capitol riot is a "very important issue" that is an indicator of "the democratic trajectory that this country is on" but also noted that Jan. 6 is not a "top-tier voting issue" for people going into the midterm elections.

"Top-tier issues are material concerns. How are people paying their mortgages? How much does it cost to get milk and bread? How much does it cost to get gas? Do these hearings result in different electoral outcomes for Democrats? I have yet to see any actual evidence that they do," she said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    6 days ago

Just another Political "NBC run Reality Side show" to try and keep folks thinking about something else besides hardships and lawlessness going on in this country right now.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    6 days ago

The conversation, if you read it, is about whether REPUBLICAN voters cared about the Jan 6 committee findings.  Trying to claim it is "all voters" is dishonest.

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
1.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    6 days ago

I guess you stopped after you say "Republican.  You shold have kept reading

“I don’t think it does. I've talked to two separate Democratic members of Congress in the last couple weeks about Jan. 6 — obviously, I can’t say who — and both of them have said, offhandedly, nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6 when they are talking about their districts and the way that elections play out," she said. (emphasis mine)

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.1.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    6 days ago

I've talked to two separate Democratic members of Congress in the last couple weeks about Jan. 6 — obviously, I can’t say who — and both of them have said offhandedly, nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6 when they are talking about their districts and the way that elections play out,"

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.1.3  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.1    6 days ago

Wow....we "Mind Melded" (1.1.2).

Kinda Scary !

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.1    6 days ago
I guess you stopped after you say "Republican.  You shold have kept reading

And I guess you guys cannot read the English language.  Let me reiterate.

“Does the Jan. 6 hearing break through at all?" anchor Chuck Todd asked after he   noted polling   that shows most Republicans think Trump truly believed there was widespread fraud in the 2020 election.

“I don’t think it does. I've talked to two separate Democratic members of Congress in the last couple weeks about Jan. 6 — obviously, I can’t say who — and both of them have said, offhandedly, nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6 when they are talking about their districts and the way that elections play out," she said.

He is discussing with 2 Democrats about a poll taken of REPUBLICANS.  Those 2 democrats said that " nobody gives a bleep about Jan. 6"  in context about the REPUBLICAN POLL .

So, once again, trying to claim both republicans and democrats do not care about Jan 6 committee is dishonest.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.4    6 days ago

What's truly fckd up is most Republicans are afraid to watch the hearings. They only listen to the LIARS that allowed US to get so lost to begin with. "We've seen this all before, nothing new" or, "i can get a summary from the news", or "i can read about what happened and know everything", but, their source is most often Fox "News" and they only read what the "right" says is alright, which means it is skewed and biased, if not just Blatant LIES!

There is a reason the majority of witnesses in most cases testify LIVE, as body language, tone, facial expressions etc., reveal much more, than say, some would care to divulge. As there are primarily REPUBLICANS testifying, and the story they are presenting, is quite compelling, as well as alarming, yet, many are not hearing it, because, face it, they don't wish to be wrong about Trump and their party, as BOTH have played them oh too well. Not many wish to admit as much, so we get deniers who's bias take is so damn WRONG. 

Also, many testifying are doing so under OATH, where there ARE repercussions for lying and they know it. It is really fckn screwed up, how we are hearing just about everyone in authority close to Trump, state they had TOLD him, BIDEN WON !

Where were all of these people in the actual know, when 45 was spreading his punk and jive in November through and up to !/6 ??? Cause we DID NOT HEAR AG WILLIAM BARR singing the same tune he sung under oath, or about any other of the disgraced GOP. 

What a sad country we have become, where people are afraid to even look at or hear the extremely damaging evidence against Trump and the Republican party, because, it will prove they have been played, and are following a damn cult leader, that would embarrass all other cult leaders, and bottom feeders. 

People are down right FCKN STUPID. ignorance ruling was a Joke for my moniker, but it is all to accurate, and if people don't open their eyes, how, exactly how, do they ever actually expect to know the damn TRUTH about what They, Trump, and the GOP , have allowed to take hold and grow, as their ignorance continues to not allow them to know, what the world knew in 2015, cause this is just plain obscene, and not something we will awaken from, and too many fought for and died, or gave blood, for our once Great Country, to allow almost half of US, to remain with heads buried in the mud, cause there is Dirt and BLOOD, on MANY HANDS, and it will NEVER be washed away, and it is so unnecessary, but when you dumb them down, they elect a clown, almost have and, Hell, still may yet, , Crash this Country, that was a Dream for so many, into a 3rd world banana republic. Cause, according to Trump and his supporters, LIE and do WRONG,  Trump could not do ANY, and reason for concern, does increase immensely, for so many to live in the fake relm as they continue in the defense of he and they, who would put himself and Party, disrespectfully stated, ahead of our COUNTRY, that is still the DREAM for so many, is just plain unbelievable, but, the possibility does remain, when the cult, continues lead by one not sane.

!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.5    5 days ago
What's truly fckd up is most Republicans are afraid to watch the hearings.

The truth to them is like sunshine to vampires.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  JBB  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.6    5 days ago

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1.1.3    5 days ago

You two need to get a room.

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
1.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.4    5 days ago

So you are reinforcing my statement that you stopped reading after you saw "Republicans"?

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.1.10  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.8    5 days ago
You two need to get a room.

Threesome ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    5 days ago

"Reporter Says Democrats In Congress Told Her 'Nobody Gives A Bleep About Jan. 6"

Then she's lying!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    5 days ago

Then she's lying!

She's not lying, she is "editing" what they were talking about.

Nowhere Man
Junior Expert
2  Nowhere Man    5 days ago

Well the last viewers ratings I saw said the broadcast of the Jan 6th hearings viewer ratings are in the toilet, lower than the saturday morning cartoons...

Right where they should be to any intelligent person...