Democrats are panicking because Roe was never as popular as they pretended

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  magicschoolbusdropout  •  one month ago  •  26 comments

By:   Zachary Faria

Democrats are panicking because Roe was never as popular as they pretended
Democrats have insisted for years that Roe was popular.

Why are Democrats soooo afraid of the "LEGAL Voter" ?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

D emocrats have insisted for years that Roe was popular. So why would they be panicking over the issue of abortion being returned to voters?

The reality is that abortion polls are more complicated than Democrats pretend they are, and Roe is only “popular” in name, not in practice.

A CBS/YouGov poll found that 59% of people  disagree  with the Supreme Court’s decision to reverse Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey. An NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll  found  that 64% of people disapproved of the decision. Democrats would like to leave the discussion there, but polling goes deeper than people’s vague assumptions about what Roe meant.

For example, an Associated Press/NORC poll found that 61% believe abortion should be  generally  legal during the first trimester of pregnancy, while that number drops to just 34% during the second trimester. The second trimester begins in the 14th week of pregnancy, and restricting abortion then was not allowed under the Roe and Casey abortion regime. A Wall Street Journal poll found that more people  supported  15-week abortion bans than opposed them. That was the length of the Mississippi law in question, which, again, was not allowed under the court’s previous abortion jurisprudence.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    one month ago

The only votes it seem the Democrats really want to see, Is their own in Congress !

Dulay
Professor Principal
2  Dulay    one month ago
Why are Democrats soooo afraid of the "LEGAL Voter" ?

What evidence do you have that they are? 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2    one month ago
What evidence do you have that they are? 

Democrats have been drowning the public debate on abortion in euphemisms and vague talking points.

The Supreme Court sent it back to individual State Voters and Representatives and Liberals are calling it a massive "Health Crises" now, as if they don't think State voters will make the decisions the "Liberals" "Feel" are correct. The hell with what the "Voters"  want....eh ?

You didn't get the memo ?

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1    one month ago
You didn't get the memo ?

No, nor did YOU post any evidence to support your statement. Typical. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2.1.1    one month ago
No, nor did YOU post any evidence to support your statement. Typical. 

Watch the Politicians when they go on TV (Crises, Crises, Crises, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach). They back up the claim.

It's that simple.

But, I know it's "Hard" for some to watch "Politicians" do their typical Crises "Political" speaking.!

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1.2    one month ago
Watch the Politicians when they go on TV (Crises, Crises, Crises, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach). They back up the claim. It's that simple.

Actually, your posit is simplistic while STILL failing to give evidence to this alleged 'fear' that you claim Democrats have for 'LEGAL voters'. 

But, I know it's "Hard" for some to watch "Politicians" do their typical Crises "Political" speaking.!

Just more blathering sans substance. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1.4  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2.1.3    one month ago
while STILL failing to give evidence

Actually, Your failure to know what is going on these days .....is a complete Failure of Life as we all know it, as going on today !

Just more blathering non-substance from you, as I see it !

Split Personality
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1    one month ago

The voters could vote overwhelmingly to make slavery legal again.

Then what?  Mob rule?

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Principal
2.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    one month ago
Then what?  Mob rule?

Exactly, majority rule, those damn 2nd and 3rd order effects.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1.7  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    one month ago
The voters could vote overwhelmingly to make slavery legal again.

Just Another Hysterical Kneejerk Reaction ! 

Whom in their right mind would vote to be responsible for "Someone Else" these days, as they bust their butts to be able to afford just themselves.

Sheesh !

Besides, folks already pay other folks to serve their needs already. It's called business's that "Serve" !

Come clean my pool, come mow my lawn, come clean my house, fix my car, paint my house etc...

Folks will do it willingly, without living on your estate !

Got any other Hysterics to note ?

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1.4    one month ago
Actually, Your failure to know what is going on these days .....is a complete Failure of Life as we all know it, as going on today !

Just more deflection and NO magic. 

YOU made a claim and it's obvious that you have NOTHING to base it on other than your bias opinion. 

Just more blathering non-substance from you, as I see it !

Take off the blinders. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1.7    one month ago
Besides, folks already pay other folks to serve their needs already. It's called business's that "Serve" !

Um, you know that slaves weren't 'paid to serve' right? It's called chattel slavery. Sheesh. 

Folks will do it willingly, without living on your estate !

Can I get the contact info of folks willing to do all that stuff, without living on my 'estate', for FREE? My car needs breaks and I have a fence I need installed around the garden. 

Got any other Hysterics to note ?

SP's comment wasn't 'hysterics'.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1.10  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2.1.8    one month ago

Isn't your entire comment based on "Your Opinion ?

Take off the blinders. 

Got anything to show it's wrong ?

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1.11  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2.1.9    one month ago
Um, you know that slaves weren't 'paid to serve' right? It's called chattel slavery. Sheesh. 

As if folks these days would vote to take on more responsibility like that. Sheesh !

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1.10    one month ago
Isn't your entire comment based on "Your Opinion ?

No. YOU made an assertion, not I. Everyone can clearly see that you haven't posted the evidence I requested. 

Take off the blinders. 

I'm seeing perfectly. You, not so much. 

Got anything to show it's wrong ?

That's not how this shit works. Again, YOU made an assertion, YOU have the burden of proof.

Since you've failed for a full day to post proof, it's obvious that you have none. YOUR comment was based on YOUR opinion with no basis in fact. 

dennis smith
PhD Silent
2.1.13  dennis smith  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    one month ago

Another "could" comment 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1.14  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2.1.12    one month ago
That's not how this shit works.

Inside the box only. Got it !

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1.14    one month ago
Inside the box only. Got it !

Since your box is empty, there's plenty of room. 

Greg Jones
Professor Guide
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Dulay @2    one month ago

By their insisting abortion was a "Constitutional right",  instead of submitting it to the voters.

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    one month ago

Why did you post an utterly non-responsive reply Greg? I asked for evidence, got any? 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.2.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2.2.1    one month ago
I asked for evidence, got any? 

Pay attention to the "Politician" that's trying to "Reach" you. It's not that hard to do !

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.2.2    one month ago
Pay attention to the "Politician" that's trying to "Reach" you. It's not that hard to do !

Again, you're just deflecting. I asked you to support a statement that you posted. It's not that hard to do if it's based on facts. Your replies illustrate that your statement wasn't. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.2.4  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @2.2.3    one month ago
Again, you're just deflecting.

Again.... You are showing that you are completely void of what's going on these days. You play "Solitaire" and then find we should be playing "Texas Holdem", as you still play "Solitaire" !

Your Problem, not ours !

Split Personality
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    one month ago

Voters voted for slavery, banned interracial marriage,

insisted separate but equal was actually equal, they voted for Jim Crow laws too.

Health care access and the right to control one's own body seems like a no brainer.

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Principal
2.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.5    one month ago
Voters voted for slavery, banned interracial marriage,

When were they on the ballot?

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.2.4    one month ago
Again.... You are showing that you are completely void of what's going on these days.

You've had multiple chances to be enlightening. Instead, you just keep blathering about some ethereal 'goings on'. Spit it out. Give examples of WHY you insist that Democrats fear 'LEGAL voters'.  

You play "Solitaire" and then find we should be playing "Texas Holdem", as you still play "Solitaire" !

Actually, I play Go. 

Your Problem, not ours !

Who else are you pretending to speak for? 

BTFW, the only 'problem' I have is a very large groundhog attacking my garden.