'Miss Frijoles' attack roils Latino-heavy congressional race in Texas

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  magicschoolbusdropout  •  3 months ago  •  8 comments

By:   Marc Caputo

'Miss Frijoles' attack roils Latino-heavy congressional race in Texas
“Miss Frijole” and a "cotton-pickin' liar,"

“I am a liberal Democrat. And it’s war against the Republican ... I’m going to be merciless with her,”

Typical Liberal !

Love Minorities until they won't vote their way, or they "WIN" an Election by NOT BEING A DEMOCRAT !

Liberals really don't like Minorities, they just " LIKE " ...... to "USE" (Enslave) them.

Like Kamala Harris says (revised for realities sake) - “Our ( country ) Party has a history of claiming ownership ( over human bodies ) Minority Bodies  " !

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Texas blogger paid by Democratic Rep. Vicente Gonzalez's campaign is attacking Republican opponent Rep. Mayra Flores as “Miss Frijole” and a "cotton-pickin' liar," prompting a wave of denunciations by fellow Democrats.

The language first surfaced three days after Gonzalez’s campaign wrote a $1,200 check to The McHale Report blog on June 24 for “advertising services,” according to the Democrat’s Federal Election Commission finance report.

But the blog, which has called Flores "Miss Frijoles" 21 times since then, has not published any Gonzalez ads.

Flores, in a  Twitter post  Monday, accused the Gonzalez campaign of paying “a local blogger to run hateful & racist ads against me,” a charge that the Gonzalez campaign and blogger Jerry McHale deny. They both told NBC News that the timing of the attacks were coincidental, that the congressman didn’t pay for any of the inflammatory posts, know about them or have any control over them.

“Of course, the congressman is against referring to Rep. Flores as ‘Miss Frijoles’ or a ‘cotton-picking liar’,” Gonzalez’s campaign manager, Collin Steele, wrote in a text message to NBC News, echoing the state Democratic Party chair and other Texas Democrats who denounced the language as well.

But McHale would not back down.

“I am a liberal Democrat. And it’s war against the Republican ... I’m going to be merciless with her,” he told NBC News.

The controversy, which illustrates the blurred lines between paying political bloggers for advertising and advocacy, is the latest flashpoint in the wild and rugged politics of Texas 34th Congressional District, a majority-Hispanic seat that runs along the state’s southeast border with Mexico and has become a  national proving ground  for GOP outreach to Hispanic voters.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    3 months ago

"They both told NBC News that the timing of the attacks were coincidental, that the congressman didn’t pay for any of the inflammatory posts, know about them or have any control over them."

Suuuuuure..... I believe them. /s

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    3 months ago

If you wear a mask for too long, there will come a time when you can not remove it without removing your face.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 months ago

Burritos, Tacos, Enchiladas, Frijoles, Huevos Rancheros. There, I said it...

Let us know when the gop has any plan that appeals to Hispanic voters.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.1    3 months ago

I understand the rightwing talking points but you did not answer my question of what the gop proposes to sway Hispanic voters...

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
3.1.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    2 months ago
I understand the rightwing talking points but you did not answer my question of what the gop proposes to sway Hispanic voters...

The Democrats are doing the job for the GOP.

What the Democrats are doing, isn't liked by Hispanic Voters, thus they are moving AWAY from the Democrats and towards the GOP.

Nothing More, Nothing Less, needs to be done by the GOP.

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 months ago

The historic racism of the Democrats is showing.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Participates
5  Dismayed Patriot    3 months ago

So this entire horse shit claim against Gonzalez is because Republicans are assuming he must have paid a blogger to call his opponent derogatory names? No proof, no evidence, no admissions, not even an anonymous source but we're supposed to believe the conservatives, many of whom supported a serial liar for President and still think he won regardless of the mountain of contrary evidence? Just more evidence of how monumentally gullible many right wing conservatives are.

Try getting a single fact to back up your case before bringing this moronic rhetorical horse shit out.

The seeder shows their pathological partisanship clearly when they claim liberals are enslaving minorities which is one of the most laughable and ignorant claims I've seen in a while. Just more rancid bullshit dripping from the mouths of rabid right wing conservatives who clearly have their heads stuffed up dirty Donald's ass and lap up all his runny lying rhetorical juices.