Jan. 6 committee releases Social Security numbers of Trump officials and allies: report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  magicschoolbusdropout  •  3 weeks ago  •  36 comments

By:   By Chris Pandolfo

Jan. 6 committee releases Social Security numbers of Trump officials and allies: report
Private information of at least three GOP governors, members of Trump's cabinet and people who testified to the Jan. 6 committee was released

Such a great thing to see.... this soooo IMPORTANT Jan. 6th Committee who says they have been all about "Securing" a concept  since day one, Yet allows the releasing of Private info of others on the W.W.W. , endangering the "Security" of actual "Individual Persons", not concepts, THEMSELVES.

IMPPRESSIVE !

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

When the House Jan. 6 committee  released hundreds of documents from its investigation  online at the end of the year, it inadvertently made public nearly 2,000 Social Security numbers belonging to high-profile individuals who visited the White House in December 2020, according to a report.

The Washington Post  reported Friday  that the leaked Social Security information was included in a spreadsheet buried within the "massive cache" of records from the committee's work. Social Security numbers belonging to at least three members of Trump's cabinet, a few Republican governors, and several Trump associates were reportedly compromised. The data was part of the White House visitor logs published by the committee.

While many Social Security numbers in the logs were redacted, the Post reported that around 1,900 of them were not. The Government Publishing Office (GPO), which was responsible for publishing the file, does not appear to have notified any of the individuals whose  private information  was released, the report said. 

Those whose Social Security information was made public include South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) and her family, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster (R), former Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson. 

Others include an unnamed federal district court judge and a federal appeals court judge, at least half a dozen people who testified before the Jan. 6 committee, and a lawyer who represented another witness before the committee, the Post reported.  

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    3 weeks ago

"After the leak was discovered, the spreadsheet containing the information was taken down from the website where  the committee's documents   were made available. "

TOO LATE  !

It's been seen and read.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

So what?

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
2.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 weeks ago
So what?

Figures.

Do you actually know what you are "So what"-ing about ?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1    3 weeks ago

I know I'd be pretty pissed off if somebody released my private info without my permission. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @2.1    3 weeks ago

Think she bothered to read the article?

Those whose SS #'s were released should sue the Jan 6th committee and Pelosi into oblivion.

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
2.1.3  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.1    3 weeks ago
I know I'd be pretty pissed off if somebody released my private info without my permission. 

Especially if it came from those that claimed they were Holding hearings "FOR SECURING SECURITY" !

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
2.1.4  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    3 weeks ago
Think she bothered to read the article?

Well .... No !

Doing the "SAME THING" one accuses others of doing, is called "Being a Hypocrite" (Deflect, Deny, Says nothing...... whatever else is claimed of others)

Snuffy
PhD Guide
2.1.5  Snuffy  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    3 weeks ago
Those whose SS #'s were released should sue the Jan 6th committee and Pelosi into oblivion.

Wouldn't surprise me if once any lawsuit is filed the committee starts to release which underling was responsible for that spreadsheet in order to set up the fall guy...   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 weeks ago

You get hacked off when people don't refer to you by your specific screen name here, but you think releasing SS numbers is a-ok since it came from a bunch of inept idiotic Democrats.

Sounds a little hypocritical to me.

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 weeks ago
So what?

Would you say the same if the SSNs, addresses, phone numbers, health data, bank/financial data, and all passwords of you and your family/friends were published to the world? I highly doubt it!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.3.1  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    3 weeks ago

Good thing then that that did not happen...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    3 weeks ago

The Jan 6 committee   ..... the committee of ignorance, hate and tyranny.

Nice!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @3    3 weeks ago

You forgot to add hypocrisy.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    3 weeks ago

So true

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
3.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Sparty On @3    3 weeks ago

Mostly just "HATE" !

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.2    3 weeks ago

No better place to see that than from Lizzie Cheney.

Gawd what a rotten little thing she is.

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
3.2.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.1    3 weeks ago
No better place to see that than from Lizzie Cheney. Gawd what a rotten little thing she is.

She's a "political Darling", at least one sides "Darling" anyway.

aaannnnnnddddd .... SHE's GONE !

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.2.2    3 weeks ago

Never liked her ... going way back before her “political” career when she was a regular pontificator on Sunday morning news shows.

She always been an entitled, arrogant little ass.

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
3.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.2.2    3 weeks ago
aaannnnnnddddd .... SHE's GONE !

So is Weeping Kinsinger. He landed a great gig at fake news CNN as a "Senior Political Commentator". I hope the job comes with tissues.

1stwarrior
Professor Guide
4  1stwarrior    3 weeks ago

So, when is the "next" committee going to be formed to investigate/lambast the illegal 1/6 committee?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @4    3 weeks ago

Don't give them ideas.

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
4.1.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  TᵢG @4.1    3 weeks ago
Don't give them ideas.

Who ?

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
4.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  1stwarrior @4    3 weeks ago
So, when is the "next" committee going to be formed to investigate/lambast the illegal 1/6 committee?

That would be interesting to watch.

Snuffy
PhD Guide
4.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @4.2    3 weeks ago

Perhaps to some but IMO that would be a huge waste of time and resources.  There are so many more important things to be done.  The Jan 6 committee is done and won't be reformed.  If the Republicans are going to do anything around this committee then a new committee should be formed to investigate all the other issues that helped lead up to Jan 6th that the first committee ignored due to partisan orders.  After all, the Jan 6th committee was formed to find out what happened, what went wrong and what changes to make so that it cannot happen again very quickly morphed into a "Get Trump" type committee and ignored anything else.  

But I would rather with the very slim margin in the House that they instead work on legislation to move the country forward and work on bills that go to strengthen the country and economy, fix the immigration issue that we have, reign in the reckless spending that is ongoing and fix our policing problems from the FBI down to local issues.  IMO they should focus on the economy, crime, defense and immigration issues.  And knowing that most of what the House passes will be ignored by the Democrat controlled Senate, they should be working on single bills that are easy for the general public to understand and publicize the hell out of what they are doing in order to show the voting public where the actual problem lies.  In other words, they need to be looking hard at the 24 elections and not all this looking back.

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
4.2.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.1    3 weeks ago

I think Republicans can do 2 things or more at once, unlike Democrats, that can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And they aren't even good at doing that.

ref..... Kamala De-vil (D) that was supposed to concentrate on just the border, but tried going to the moon as a distraction for her failures. Even she (D) couldn't get the distraction to even just sound relevant.

Snuffy
PhD Guide
4.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @4.2.2    3 weeks ago
I think Republicans can do 2 things or more at once, unlike Democrats, that can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And they aren't even good at doing that.

Well not where I was at.  I believe that Republicans as well as Democrats can do two or more things at the same time.  The House is a large body, lots of people to throw at various committees, etc.  I just think with the narrow margin they have and all the issues that need to be worked on as well as the upcoming election that's only two short years away they don't need to waste time on things that really won't change the lives of the voting people.  IMO if they spend too much time investigating (Hunter, this administration, the 1/6 committee members, etc) they risk pissing off the voting public by not working on things that directly impact them such as crime, the economy, the southern border and the broken immigration system, the state of education in this country...  

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
4.2.4  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.3    3 weeks ago
they risk pissing off the voting public by not working on things that directly impact them such as crime, the economy, the southern border and the broken immigration system, the state of education in this country... 

Didn't worry/Pissoff voters enough to actually create the "Red Wave"... Did it ?

Apparently.... Basement Dwellers are what voters really want running this country. NOT actual go-getters !

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.5  JBB  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @4.2.4    3 weeks ago

Two Words - George Santos 

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
4.2.6  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  JBB @4.2.5    3 weeks ago

I think they call those.......Nouns, or names .... not just "Words" !

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
4.2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @4.2.5    3 weeks ago
Two Words - George Santos 

That's the best you have? He's a chump change twit who learned from professional liars ... including, but not limited to: Bill and Hillary Clinton, the Obamas, George Soros, James Comey, "Reverend" Al Sharpton, Joe Biden & Family Company, Nancy Pelosi, Liz Warren. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.8  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.7    3 weeks ago

Except Santos is a pure MAGA in the gop...

No wonder the once Grand Old Party of Abe Lincoln is now known merely as "the gop".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3  Sparty On  replied to  1stwarrior @4    3 weeks ago

I don’t agree with it anymore than most of the wasted of taxpayer dollar committees and investigations from the last few years but .....

Here come the paybacks .....

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
4.3.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Sparty On @4.3    3 weeks ago
Here come the paybacks .....

I'd put Adam Schiff on that Committee, Immediately.

He's so great at keeping secrets and keeping it out of the media except for a "Self Boosting Blurb" noting HE HAS THE STUFF, when speaking to the media, even if he has Definitive, convictable Proof against someone..... anyone..... for that matter !

At least ..... Maybe..... know ones S.S. Number would get out anyway !

afrayedknot
Sophomore Quiet
4.3.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Sparty On @4.3    3 weeks ago

“Here come the paybacks .....”

Expect nothing but retaliation.

McCarthy, in total weakness, has sold his soul. The next two years will entail nothing but retribution from the House…and if he does not accede to the lunatic fringe, he will face removal. A totally emasculated ‘Speaker, made dumb in his quest for power.

We all will suffer the consequences. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Sophomore Principal
4.3.3  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  afrayedknot @4.3.2    3 weeks ago
We all will suffer the consequences. 

What would be the "Actual" Consequences you post of ?

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
4.3.4  dennissmith  replied to  afrayedknot @4.3.2    3 weeks ago

Unlike Democrats who walked in lockstep with Pelosi, there are Republicans who do not do the same with McCarthy, they spoke up and negotiated where they disagreed.

The non transparent House under Pelosi will not be repeated.