╌>

The sports car that runs on CHIP FAT OIL: Convertible roadster reaches 200mph and lasts 2,000 miles on one tank of fuel

Category:  Alternative Energy

Via:  larry-crehore  •  10 years ago  •  10 comments

The sports car that runs on CHIP FAT OIL: Convertible roadster reaches 200mph and lasts 2,000 miles on one tank of fuel
  • Trident claims its Iceni model is the worlds most fuel efficient sports car
  • It can reportedly travel 2,000 miles on a single tank of mineral or bio-diesel
  • Engine uses 'torque multiplication technology' for speed and fuel efficiency
  • Three models have been launched - the Iceni Magna, Convertible and Venturer estate
  • Both versions run on pure biodiesel, such as cooking oil or virgin rapeseed
  • The convertible model has a clever roof that means the driver can be covered while the passenger has it down, and vice versa
  • Prices start at 96,000 ($161,578) for the most basic version

article-2615912-1D73471700000578-663_634x286.jpg

As petrol becomes ever more expensive, car manufacturers are racing to develop vehicles that are fast, fuel-efficient and can run on biofuels.

Now a British manufacturer has launched a sports model that not only exceeds speeds of 190mph - it is said to be capable of driving from Lands End to John OGroats and back on a single tank of cooking oil.

Makers Trident claims its Iceni model is the worlds fastest and most fuel efficient sports car - and it's pretty good looking too.

It can reportedly travel 2,000 miles on a single tank of mineral or bio-diesel and uses torque multiplication technology to achieve its combination of speed, power and this fuel efficiency.

Prices start at 96,000 ($161,578) for the most basic version.

The Norfolk-based firm has unveiled three models - the Iceni Magna fastback and convertible as well as an estate version with a distinctive heart-shaped rear window, called the Iceni Venturer, all of which can go from 0 to 60 in just 3.7 seconds.

The models run on pure biodiesel, such as cooking oil, virgin rapeseed, linseed palm, soya bean oil, kerosene and paraffin.

Co-founder Phil Bevan told MailOnline that if the owner of one of his cars invested in refinery equipment - at a costs of 1,800 - they could make approximately 300litres of fuel a day by collecting used cooking oil from restaurants.

article-2615912-1D71A95900000578-682_634x327.jpg

Full Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2615912/The-sports-car-runs-CHIP-FAT-OIL-Convertible-roadster-reaches-200mph-lasts-2-000-miles-one-tank-fuel.html#ixzz30KX3HMD4

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

It can reportedly travel 2,000 miles on a single tank of mineral or bio-diesel

That sounds like an exaggeration to me ...

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Larry Crehore    10 years ago

I'm pretty sure they have been able to document their claims, knowing that they would be called on that figure.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    10 years ago

Yup - lemme dig out my pocket-change and buy one of them puppies.

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent

I know what you mean 1st I couldn't afford the taxes on one of them.

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent

This type of article just shows that this technology is viable, if we just keep trying it will come to pass.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    10 years ago

Very cool, and what a sweet lookin' roadster she is!

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent

I'd drive one!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

I'd drive one really fast. Very nice looking. Now if only Ford would do it, too. Maybe the exhaust smells like french fries or KFC??

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

Their web page.

retired military ex Republican
Freshman Silent
link   retired military ex Republican    10 years ago

Wonder if it could run on McDonalds hamburger grease now that ee knowk they use cellulose sondoes Burger King and I believe the third might have been Wendys. Celullose wood fiber or bamboo or the like. Anything to save a buck. Fda wants to treat us like termites. McDonalds might should change their image to a termite and refuling spot for this beautiful car. Cellulose might screw it up. Wonder how our digestive track works on paper/cardboard.