╌>

Forget plugs, charge your mobile with a WIND TURBINE: Portable propeller harnesses breezes to power up a phone

Category:  Alternative Energy

Via:  larry-crehore  •  10 years ago  •  9 comments

Forget plugs, charge your mobile with a WIND TURBINE: Portable propeller harnesses breezes to power up a phone

trinityall.gif

Hunting for your charger and a free plug socket could soon be a thing of the past.

This is according to two electricians, who have designed the worlds first portable turbine phone charger that lets people charge their mobile phone using wind power alone.

In fact, the generator can power up any item that requires a USB charger for power.

Called Trinity, the device doesnt quite mimic the shape of your usual wind turbine.

Instead, the product folds together into a 12-inch (30 cm) cylinder.

It then unfolds into a vertical turbine that be used to charge USB devices.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

This is just too cool

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Larry Crehore    10 years ago

I want one for sure!!!!!!!!

Arch-Man
Freshman Silent
link   Arch-Man    10 years ago

I need one just encase I'm out of power for days, so I can power up my ebook devices. Who needs food!

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent

There are many more applications than just a cell phone BF. I will deinately be getting one of these for my bug out back pack.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

I think its overkill . Back a few years ago they had emergency devices powered by a handcrank : flashlights radios etc. It is a lot quicker to charge something up that way ...

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent

The hand cranks charged only one deice (its-self) this thing charges a battery and can charge any number of devices. Big difference there I would say.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    10 years ago

Great idea Larry. Would be nice to have on a hiking trip.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    10 years ago
I'd like to see something like that I could use to backcharge the 12v system on my boat-that would get rid of the need for shore power.......

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent

Keep an eye on this Spike they may come out with that as another model.