This list has been making the rounds of the internet attributed to Jeff Foxworthy.  However, it was not written by Mr Foxworthy, rather it was penned by Fritz Edmunds.

http://politicallytrue.com/2013/02/03/channeling-jeff-foxworthy-in-...

■If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If the only school curriculum allowed to explain how we got here is evolution, but your government stops a $15 million construction project to keep a rare spider from evolving to extinction … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote for who runs your government … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If your government believes that using steroids or other drugs will ruin your life, but throwing you in prison for years will not … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If your government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If an 80-year-old woman can be strip-searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested “homes”… you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If your government’s plan for getting people back to work is to incentivize NOT working with 99 weeks of Unemployment checks and no requirement to prove they applied but can’t find work … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TVs and new cars, and your government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

■If your government believes that the way to make a school of unarmed children safe is to pass another law, this time with the illusion that three 10-round magazines in a rifle is safer than a 30-round magazine … you might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.

©Copyright 2012 Fritz Edmunds, all rights reserved.**(Full Disclosure: Some of the ideas were from an e-mail that did not contain any copyright.)

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Article/Seed

Amen brother.

List seems fairly reasonable to me.

RSS

Blog Posts

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Posted by Robert G on November 25, 2014 at 1:19am 0 Comments

Judging Others

Posted by Robert in Ohio on November 21, 2014 at 3:45pm 2 Comments

judging.jpg

2746 Grown men still living at Mom's house

Posted by badfish on November 19, 2014 at 12:00pm 10 Comments

.....And Bf with three teen boys went to ACL-Live at the Moody Theater to see Slayer with special Guests Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus last night. I know, I should know better than to expose impressionable young men with bands like this but i was once that teen boy too. Skate boards, and thrash metal are a right of passage. Two of these teen boys spend their free time jamming in my game room, one on bass and the other on guitar. Their musical interests are much broader at their age then i…

Continue

Managers versus Leaders -- Big Difference

Posted by Robert in Ohio on November 19, 2014 at 8:10am 9 Comments

A212475D-E801-4EC4-B67F-6D17F5F98776.jpg

I ran across this the other day and it immediately reminded me of the great leaders (bosses) that I worked for (in and out of the military) as well as the really bad ones (mostly in the private sector).

I have been retired for a number of years and a couple of the people I worked for in the private sector or served under in the military are still important parts of my life as friends, mentors and counselors as I watch middle age in the rear view mirror.

How…

Continue

Manufacturing Jobs in the U.S. as a Career Choice

Posted by Robert in Ohio on November 19, 2014 at 8:02am 1 Comment

Manufacturing in America Infographic Screenshot.jpg

I saw this on LinkeIn and while the numbers can be argued, the underlying fact that fewer people are choosing the manufacturing floor as a career than ever before.

The offshoring of jobs is certainly a factor, automation another, but as the operations/production based is renewed as part of the revival of the middle class who will fill those skilled…

Military fighting for our country have their families destroyed by Congress.

Posted by retired military ex Republican on November 18, 2014 at 4:41pm 2 Comments

Veterans who don't make enough to buy food and housing for their families.  Only a very small percentage of military families get to live in base housing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/10/30/mistreating-the-military-nearly-one-million-veterans-to-suffer-the-pain-of-food-stamp-cutbacks/

How long has it been bad for the working class. Income equality died.

Posted by retired military ex Republican on November 18, 2014 at 4:29pm 0 Comments

http://www.epi.org/publication/unequal-states/

What states have the worst income inequality?  Jobs sent overseas is destroying the country. Republican Congress men and Congress Women have been blocking all attempts to stop paying tax deferments to Corporations who send jobs overseas.  First Company who got super rich off of this was Mitt Romney's.

Do not get payed enough to survive.

Posted by retired military ex Republican on November 18, 2014 at 4:11pm 1 Comment

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2014/04/19/food-a19.html ; Not making a living wage continues to increase at an alarming rate of 8% per year.  Congress refuses to stop Tax deferments to Companies sending jobs overseas.  How can this continue without a revolution?

Follow NT's Forum

© 2014   Created by Perrie Halpern.

Badges  |  Report an Issue.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service