I'm going to be starting this in honor of my Uncle, who is a frustrated American, and would like me to vote his bidding...

So for my first entries:

Michael Bloomberg fuels presidential talk with attack on Barack Obama

According to the Telegraph:

Michael Bloomberg has launched an attack on Barack Obama for an absence of leadership as Washington failed to hammer out a deficit deal, renewing suggestions he could mount an independent bid for the White House.

In a stinging rebuke of Mr Obama, who remained on the sidelines as the deal collapsed, and a rare intervention into Washington politics, Mr Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, said: "It's the chief executive's job to bring people together and to provide leadership. I don't see that happening."

He accused members of Congress of "political cowardice" for helping bring about a "disaster for the country" but the former Democrat and Republican who is now an Independent reserved his strongest words for Mr Obama.

Read more Here!

And if you think that this is just my Uncle's strange habit, get a load of this:

How should I vote in the Republican Primaries 2012?

Vote Match helps you decide how to vote in the 2012 Republican primaries by comparing and matching your views with each candidate's policies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/republicans/8876878/How-s...

Bet ya thought you had to be an American to vote... not anymore!

Tags: Bloomberg, Obama, election, independent, republicans

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Article/Seed

Not surprising Bloomberg would go after Barack, even though he's completely wrong on the premise of the attack, consider that Bloomberg is really a Republican anyway. He's an "Independent" like my dog Harry is a cat.

Seems like even the loyal left is saying that BO is guilty of a lack of leadership on this one.

On what? If you're talking about the super committee, I haven't heard a single Democrat complain about it yet? I suppose it's possible that there may be a few as we don't always agree on things, but I haven't seen it. As for me, I don't see it like that (surprise) as the Congress is supposedly a separate branch of government and this was something they pledged to do themselves in the law Barack signed earlier this year to raise the debt limit. If Barack had "shown more leadership" then he would have been blamed (by the GOP) for interfering with Congress. However, since he kept his hands off (as Congress wanted him to do from the start) and now that they (the GOP part) failed, some of them just want to paint him with the same brush of their failure. Sorry, Congress dropped the ball on this one (uh that would be the GOP part) and it is not Barack's fault in any manner, though some of them wish it was to take the heat of failure off from them (the Republicans). In this case he was a leader of the executive branch and Congress failed to lead their part, because the GOP stood in the way.

It's not his fault when it's not his fault. That's right.

It's not his job to be the leader of Congress. Congress is a separate and co-equal branch of government (as any believer in the Constitution such as yourself knows), so this was a case where they needed to function as one, but thanks to the obstructionist GOP, they couldn't. That's not Barack's fault anymore then it would be the Supreme Court's fault (the other co-equal branch).

Abu Ghraib was Cheney's fault, not Dubya's. Dubya was a moron being (for his first term anyway) led around by the nose by Uncle Dick.

Do you think a kill team should publicize their efforts or have them publicized?

Didn't hear anyone do anything but praise Seal Team Six.

Can't close Gitmo. Congress passed a law forbidding it.

Budget has to be passed by Congress, not the President. Separation of powers don'tcha know. In the Constitution ya know.

Super committee, same thing. It was their job, not his. Separation of powers again. He can't order them to do anything.

President has been responsible for a great many things, including(but not limited to) ordering the death of the Somali pirates and Osama bin Laden as the Commander in Chief. Plus he has be a fantastic representative of America around the world. Job very well done so far.

No offense Mike, but I think you need to check out a civics class on the separation of powers. The President is the President. He is not legally a King or Dictator.

You just validated Mike's comment.

It's worth posting again:

Oh that's right!

I forgot, NOTHING is Obama's fault.

He's like the Teflon Don of politics.

I guess doing nothing, keeps him from getting his hands soiled with the work of being a leader.

Maybe that's why he does nothing every time, and instead, farms it out to the Congress, so he can remain blame-free for everything!

I guess he just signs bills into law, and plays golf.

Wait...

Wasn't that Regan's song?

Just saying....

Nope, he does a great many things, like being in charge of our military and the bulk of our foreign policy and relations, but Mike's point showed that he doesn't order the Congress around and he doesn't. The points he posted were (for the most part) the responsibility of the Congress, not the Executive Branch. I mean Mike might as well blame the Supreme Court for not passing legislation. It's not their job. Just like it's not the Presidents job.

Well, let's see... Bloomberg...Republican...then Democrat...then Independent...

You've got me. But he's been a damn fine Mayor. 

Honestly, I think the British press is reading more into this, than there actually is. Any New Yorker will tell you, that the man just speaks his mind, with no intent. It's just who he is.

He's really no Republican to a Republican. Way to liberal for them.

I had a reply to you Mike, but my computer froze and ate it....Uggg!

He didn't buy his way into office. He didn't need to. He had his own money and only takes a dollar for his work. Furthermore, he has a balanced budget, good cops, a clean city, low crime, and more experience than any of the other yodels running including Obama, in running a government. 

And BTW, everyone "buys their way into office". It's called campaign financing. Which means they owe someone. Bloomberg owes nothing to anyone.

That being said, I really doubt he has any plans for running for president. He is used to speaking his mind, and I just think he's disgusted. I think the Brits, see value in him, and this was wishful thinking.

Gotta disagree with ya, Mike.

I think you're implying that Bloomberg's wealth increased as a result of being mayor of NYC. Can't agree with that. The guy's wealth comes from that little terminal that no other company can improve on.

As far as financing his own campaign, I can't think of a better way to put your money where your mouth is.

And finally, the city is probably in the best shape it's been in quite a while, thanks to Bloomberg's management. I haven't lived there in 25 years, but every time I go back, it's an improved setting.

Bravo Jon! Nice to hear that from a conservative.

Ideology takes a back seat to walking on Broadway at 2 a.m. and not being afraid.

RSS

Blog Posts

#EndColumbusDay

Posted by Rainbow Warrior on October 12, 2014 at 7:22pm 10 Comments

Never a bad time...

Posted by Souls Prison on October 12, 2014 at 12:05pm 1 Comment

Leading a Successsful Life

Posted by Robert in Ohio on October 11, 2014 at 12:05pm 1 Comment

image.jpg

The Grass is Greener ......

Posted by Robert in Ohio on October 10, 2014 at 4:41pm 2 Comments

Grass Greener.jpg

The Right Attitude

Posted by Robert in Ohio on October 9, 2014 at 11:00am 2 Comments

pic00307.png

Take Risks!

Posted by Robert in Ohio on October 8, 2014 at 11:16am 0 Comments

Wisdom.JPG

Success

Posted by Robert in Ohio on October 8, 2014 at 10:22am 3 Comments

WATT.jpg

Three Simple Rules in Life

Posted by Robert in Ohio on October 7, 2014 at 2:00pm 4 Comments

IMG_61868086168532.jpeg

A trip to Florida Redux I....

Posted by Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty on October 5, 2014 at 8:30am 13 Comments

So far, it has been uneventfully eventful.... Got the truck from the U-Haul drop off and pick up point, drove it, loaded it, slept, got up on Saturday morning and left about 9:30. About 11 o'clock my brother and I were going through the toll booths for I-90 in Albany, and when we started from the toll booths the truck it was not responding to helm properly, in that seemed to rev but not move as quickly as we thought it should. 

Here the trouble began. 

Pulled of to the side of…

Continue

Follow NT's Forum

© 2014   Created by Perrie Halpern.

Badges  |  Report an Issue.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service