Most Unusual Photo Challenge

By:  Buzz of the Orient  •  4 days ago  •  16 comments

Most Unusual Photo Challenge
“The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he's dead.” ― Bette Davis

To comment, please join the group CREATIVE ARTS ON THE NEWSTALKERS

CREATIVE ARTS ON THE NEWSTALKERS

Most Unusual Photo Challenge

Here is the opportunity for you to post what you consider the most unusual photo or photos you have ever taken.  Please give it a try and explain what the facts about the photo are.  Here is an example.  I took this photo in the observation deck of the Chengdu TV and Radio Tower, looking straight down towards the city through the glass "walk-on" deck. You can see the buildings and the cars on the street below.  The greyness is because it was a very misty day.  I think the hearts were pasted onto the glass floor because it was around Valentine's Day (and no, I wasn't supposed to meet anyone there for an affair to remember).

I did a little editing: levelling the photo, sharpening it a bit, cropping unnecessary edges and framing it - nothing serious.

Now let's see YOUR unusual photos....

1  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 days ago

Let's see YOUR unusual photos, but they should be unusual to start with, so minor editing to improve the photo somewhat as I have done is OK, but it would be unfair to post a greatly photoshopped photo.

evilgenius
2  evilgenius    4 days ago

My dental crown being carved from a cube of porcelain. The machine uses a 3D image and carves it using high velocity water jets.

2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  evilgenius @2    4 days ago

A very timely photo for me to see - I just had two crowns inserted and am presently in the process of having a denture fitted as my lower teeth.

A. Macarthur
3  A. Macarthur    4 days ago

Hmmmmmm … let me think about it and post later.

A. Macarthur
4  A. Macarthur    4 days ago

original

My father passed away in 1999; naturally, some of the items from his home were save by the family. Why I chose to keep an old wash tub is a mystery to me, but, I saved it nevertheless and placed it on its side behind a huge poplar tree in my back yard.

One morning years after 1999, I looked out of my family room window and saw a new-borne fawn getting up from the ground to take its first steps … not an unusual occurrence since my back yard is up against a forested area with a population of White-tailed Deer … fawns are thus born in my yard year-after-year.

In the short time it took me to move my camera and tripod to the window to take "baby" pics, the fawn disappeared from sight! I took my camera out into the yard, assuming that the fawn had gone into the forest, and walked down the slope of the yard towards the forested area. As I got to the bottom of the slope, to my left and behind the poplar tree, was the fawn … in the wash tub!

I would say the resultant photo qualifies as "unusual."

4.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  A. Macarthur @4    4 days ago

It's beautiful Mac. You really captured a moment that most people would have to have the animal pose for!

4.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @4    4 days ago

I, and a lot of other members of NT, have considered that a fantastic and favoured photo.

5  Ender    4 days ago

5.1  Ender  replied to  Ender @5    4 days ago

5.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @5.1    4 days ago

A flame in B&W?  Please explain.

5.1.2  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.1    3 days ago

I thought it looked like a headless ghost sticking out it's bum.  HA

It is actually a reflection. Where i was sitting light from the window was hitting the back of my laptop and that was the reflection it put on the wall.

5.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @5    4 days ago

Good one (referring to the leaf photo).  Did you edit the colour?

5.2.1  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    3 days ago

No edit, except cropped a little. A drinking glass was left outside and a small leaf was plastered to the inside of the glass.

Edit: I think it was a clear tinted plastic cup.

pat wilson
6  pat wilson    3 days ago

pat wilson
6.1  pat wilson  replied to  pat wilson @6    3 days ago

Iphone double exposure. I've never had this happen with a phone camera.

6.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    3 days ago

Yes Pat, fascinating. Notwithstanding the thousands of photos i've taken with my digital compact cameras in China I've had that happen only twice, and one of those times was with the mountain shots I took posted on the currently posted photo essay about the earthquake-prone mountains in Sichuan Province: