Baron Creek

Are Sweatpants the New Formal Attire?

By:  Baron Creek  •  Nonsense and Ramblings  •  4 weeks ago  •  33 comments

Are Sweatpants the New Formal Attire?
Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. - Warren Buffett

Or just wearing underpants!

Clearing out the jails

A lot of people are being released from jails due to the virus, or so we are led to believe. Are they mostly politicians?

I don’t know for sure how or why, but it seems a lot of my state’s politicians are suddenly being caught doing things illegal and winding up in jail. Most jails around here are public facilities and get paid by the inmate. Not saying that is what is happening, as there seems to be little doubt these politicians were caught red handed.

One state representative was a strong advocate for protecting spouses from abuse and even authored a bill that was eventually passed, which expanded the definitions for abuse. I bet you can’t guess why he was arrested and which law he allegedly broke.

I always figured society as a whole, was much smarter than I am. I must be nearing a vegetative state.

Speaking of vegetative states

Not referencing Trump as this predates some of his recent statements, but the state’s poison control center saw a sevenfold increase in calls through middle of April. Yep… hand sanitizer, bleach, etc. were the culprits. Children seem to be attracted to easily reachable labeled/unlabeled homemade/store bought cleaning concoctions. Bottomline… not all parents are good babysitters. Shocking I know. Of course, the poison control center made mention that proper labeling was needed to help prevent children, 5 and under from accidentally handling or ingesting. I’m guessing that was aimed at the parents and importance of safeguards. Who is babysitting whom?

Smoking and re-opening.

I saw an article where supporters of re-opening used smokers as an example of their rights and self- determination. I think they may have it ass backwards. Being a smoker, I know there are numerous places I cannot smoke. I can’t even smoke in my own house. It’s the garage or outside. I fully understand why this is necessary as it does protect others from passive smoke, etc. If I flip the analogy of smokers and re-openers, I should be allowed to smoke anywhere, anytime I want.

My point being… I can’t and it has been upheld numerous times by the Supreme Court.

That dog simply won’t hunt. Whatever the complaints are… go to the court system as some groups currently are doing. That’s where you’ll find out what your real rights are.

The virus is impacting geography.

Despite being a border state like Delaware, Maryland, Missouri and West Virginia, Kentucky has generally been considered a Southern State. Yet it now seems that Kentucky is referred to as Midwestern. It does seem like the winds have gotten stronger as time goes by, so maybe the Midwest has gotten closer.

Maybe that is why I have trouble determining where I stand on certain issues.

Spending way too much time on the internet

Ran across this from Bowling Green, Ky . Just so many strange things about this tale. Getting ahead of the story? Maybe it is true. In this day and age… anything is possible.

Seems every day there are concerns about people’s mental health and how therapists can now use telehealth for therapy sessions. I thought watching kitty Kats on YouTube was the main mental therapy technique. Times are a-changing! Once upon a time, laying on the couch in underwear, was considered lazy. Now it may be just a telehealth therapy session. I’ll start telling my wife I’m in therapy and see how long that lasts.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll try the old WFH (working from home) routine. Hey, if it works for GMA, why can’t it work for me? Just have to remember that wearing boxers and manspreading could be “X” rated.

Is that what they meant by News Briefs?

Baron Creek
1  author  Baron Creek    4 weeks ago

I guess I'll dress up to watch the Governor's press conference on TV.jrSmiley_122_smiley_image.gif

Baron Creek
1.1  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Baron Creek @1    4 weeks ago

Yesterday, he complained about fraudulent claims and cited one as being named Tupac Shakur.

Today, he mentioned he apologized to Tupac Shakur for his error. Guess what? Tupac is getting his claim fast tracked.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
1.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Baron Creek @1.1    4 weeks ago

Meet Tupac Shakur:

The resemblance is uncanny:

Source

Source

Baron Creek
1.1.2  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    4 weeks ago

Funny, but there must now be 3. Tupac Malik Shakur is the one, the Governor called.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
1.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Baron Creek @1.1.2    4 weeks ago
Funny, but there must now be 3.

I think this guy is a guest of the Tennessee Department of Corrections.  I got a giggle that his name really is Tupac Shakur, especially considering he's a white guy.  Law enforcement reps could not say if it was the name he was given at birth.

Here is a person with the name Tupac Malik Shakur:

Don't know if this is the Tupac in question.  On a side note, folks with the name Tupac Shakur seem to be frequent flyers of their local justice system.

Will the real Tupac who was offended by Governor Andy Beshear please stand up.  My curiosity knows no bounds.

Baron Creek
1.1.4  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.3    4 weeks ago

The rapper Tupac Amaru Shakur had a nephew with the name of Tupac Malik Shakur. I doubt the latter is the Kentucky Tupac, considering the age difference. The Kentucky Tupac is 46 and had his named changed to back in the late 90s, or so he said.

The guy in the picture could be him. Doubt if I'll ever see a picture.

1.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Baron Creek @1.1.4    4 weeks ago

Matt always felt that Tupac should be Sixpuc

Easier to buy that.

2  Ender    4 weeks ago

Yep. Watch out with that video conferencing and the man spread.

Could be pulling a male version of Basic Instinct.

Only with a wider audience.

sandy-2021492
2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @2    4 weeks ago

There is actually video of a Zoom meeting where one of the participants thought he'd logged out, but hadn't.  He did at least have boxers on.  His coworkers had to call him and tell him he was visible in his unmentionables.

3  Buzz of the Orient    4 weeks ago
"Of course, the poison control center made mention that proper labeling was needed to help prevent children, 5 and under from accidentally handling or ingesting."

What kind of labeling is proper labeling that children 5 and under can read?  I would suggest putting this on the label:

248471.jpg

Actually, I wear my pyjamas all day - why not?  They're comfortable.

3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    4 weeks ago

Buzz,

I am not sure if anyone told you, but you are scary in the morning.

3.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    4 weeks ago

Isn't everybody?

3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    4 weeks ago

That's what I look like before my morning coffee

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
3.1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    3 weeks ago

Oh, I saw you, then, at the grocery store, but, I didn't wave because you scared the crap out of me and I escorted out of the store. I'll say Hi, next time. But, please, 6 ft away and no touching!

3.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @3.1.3    3 weeks ago

I'm more likely to bite than touch.

4  Kavika     4 weeks ago

No sweatpants in Florida. It's shorts and a tank top all day, and night.

MUVA
4.1  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @4    4 weeks ago

What if it gets under 65 degrees my father moved part time last year said when it gets under 60 the winter coats come out.

devangelical
4.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4    4 weeks ago

getting back a little closer to your roots are you? /s

4.2.1  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @4.2    4 weeks ago

Indeed I am.jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
4.2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @4.2.1    4 weeks ago

Thanks for the autographed photo, Kavika.  And don't even try putting on a tank-top or I'll spank your fanny.  On the other hand...

4.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.2    4 weeks ago

Dammit, you were supposed to keep that photo secret Sister Mary. For goodness sake not post the ''other'' one. This is a family site.

4.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.2    4 weeks ago

Ohhhh.....myyyyy.....

4.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @4.2.3    4 weeks ago

What other one? Does the other one have our cutie in just a loin cloth?

sandy-2021492
4.2.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.2    4 weeks ago

Dayummm.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
4.2.7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @4.2.3    4 weeks ago

Forgive me, for I have sinned.  But since I have, may I just say, "my kingdom for that blanket."

(And as always, apologies to Red...)

4.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.7    4 weeks ago

Sister....I'm gonna have to take the rest of the day off.

4.2.9  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.7    4 weeks ago

Now you did it...Big Trouble in the Kavika tipi.

devangelical
4.2.10  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4.2.9    4 weeks ago

look for some war paint on the golf cart....

4.2.11  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.7    4 weeks ago

Is that you Sister, pass the vino.

5  Trout Giggles    4 weeks ago

I wish I could wear sweat pants all day. But I'm one of those people who has to get up every morning and put on real pants...or a dress...or a skirt...

devangelical
5.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    4 weeks ago

I call bullshit. you're so mean you could show up naked and everyone there would be afraid to say anything.

5.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @5.1    4 weeks ago

Have you been talking to my sister again?

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
6  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    3 weeks ago

Sweat pants are appropriate at formal attire, but, only if JOCK STRAPS are, and, not on one's head. Thank you, very much.  -  Miss Lindsey Manners