Baron Creek

Who Was That Masked Man, Anyway?

By:  Baron Creek  •  Nonsense and Ramblings  •  3 months ago  •  119 comments

Who Was That Masked Man, Anyway?
Robin Hood stole from the rich, because the poor didn't have any money - Mr. ED - Season 5, Ep23

It's any old geezer in a grocery store.

No more senior shopping hours

That one hour early in the morning was nice while it lasted. Don’t get me wrong, the stores still advertise it as senior hours. I guess high school and college seniors think it is for them as well, except with masks forbidden. So much for caring about grandma and grandpa.

As I have written earlier… this is not unexpected.

Restaurant drive thru's

Remember when you got behind somebody in the line at the restaurant’s counter, who struggled to decide what they wanted for their family of 2 dozen or whatever? Naturally, it became easier to just use the drive thru.

Guess what? They are now using the drive thru. No cars at the pay or pickup windows… but, backed up almost into the highway. So, where is the beef, you ask? That might soon be part of the problem or rather… the lack thereof.

Freedom of speech

The constitution says congress will make no law, etc. Somehow that is being interpreted as the right to say anything, anytime, anywhere and to anybody. No, it means congress will make no law, etc. … so when you get your mouth mashed… that falls under felony/misdemeanor assault and battery laws, not constitutional law.

Forget this nonsense of someone saying they will fight for your right. Unless they are standing by your side and ready to intervene… it is merely talk, which by the way… congress will make no law to prohibit.

I guess that is why the internet is the way it is. Extremely hard to punch someone over Wi-Fi! While the temptation to try, has come to mind on a few occasions, I have never really tried. So, it’s more of a belief than fact. Same for cable, I guess.

Although adding drone capability…!?! Hmmm.

Originality

Have you ever noticed how easy it is to predict what is about to be said and by who? Take any headline topic, then imagine the same tired group of individuals, stating their same brand of things, with the other tired group of individuals saying their same brand of things in rebuttal. When I say any headline, I really mean any headline and will take it a step further and add darn near any comment.

If you have read one comment on one article, it will be nearly identical on another... although by some like minded individual. Do they just have one brain? DO NOT think I am referring to one party or the other. It's one right side of the brain vs one left side of the same brain, imo.

Deaths from Covid-19

Data from EuroMOMO , suggests similar excess deaths above covid-19 tracking (Approx: 25,000). Ultimately the number of deaths that will be attributed to covid-19 will be from the excess deaths above the anticipated deaths. Certainly the number of deaths above and beyond what is attributed to covid-19, does not necessarily mean covid-19 is being under reported, but there is still something rather large being omitted.

Historians will figure it out, after we are...long gone.

The economic rebound

Considering the amount of federal stimulus made available, it might seem easy to predict a quick rebound. However, it will be a long time before people start crowding into bars, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. The service sector took quite a hit and it will continue to impact the economy for several quarters, imo.

THAT’s if there isn’t a 2 nd wave, although many might very well ignore the 2 nd wave. The "before" economy… was booming because everyone was getting on board. That ain’t happening in the foreseeable future, imo!

It is afterall... a CONsumer driven economy that requires a CONfident CONsumer.

I’m starting to drone on, so maybe I should shut up, before something swoops down and shuts me up. Although it might be asthma... if I dig any deeper into the old dusty rerun vault.

EDIT: GIF Alter to address some issues.

1  author  Baron Creek    3 months ago

A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty "Hi Ho Silver!"

Where is my inhaler?

pat wilson
2  pat wilson    3 months ago

The article gif is in poor taste.

2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @2    3 months ago

Not only in poor taste, but, totally sick animal cruelty.

Release The Kraken
2.1.1  Release The Kraken  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1    3 months ago

[Deleted]

Release The Kraken
2.2  Release The Kraken  replied to  pat wilson @2    3 months ago

[deleted]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  pat wilson @2    3 months ago

Am I missing something, Pat?

Baron Creek
2.3.1  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.3    3 months ago

I offended some parties with a droned dressed up with fake cat fur, which was the first drone gif. I thought the internet loved cats. I have since changed the gif.

So much for discussion about the article content, huh?

pat wilson
2.3.2  pat wilson  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.1    3 months ago

Sorry. I'll keep my opinions off of your articles.

2.3.3  author  Baron Creek  replied to  pat wilson @2.3.2    3 months ago

You are perfectly welcome to comment on any of my articles.

2.3.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.1    3 months ago

Actually, I am sorry to see the senior shopping hours disappear when the opening up engages.

And I wonder how people will react to in-house dining again when restaurants are open for such again. So you think people will feel comfortable doing so again? So you think this is one of the things that will be a hold over even after the re-opening takes place?

Do you think that average people will be that quick to rebound to picking up where they left off one the social distancing and wearing of masks is no longer required?

The experience of the Covid-19 and all its requirements may have a psychological effect that will linger on through the rest of the year, especially, with all the talk about there being an even more deadly and severe second round of the virus in the few months ahead.

What is your take on this?

2.3.5  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.4    3 months ago

In my areas the senior shopping still exists, but the definition of seniors, at risk, etc. seems to have dramatically changed.

I doubt the social distancing requirements in restaurants last very long. Volume of customers is what drives most of these businesses, imo and with a very low margin. The percentage of seniors will likely stay low for quite a while. How that will affect... I dunno.

Average people would mean those under 60. 50% of deaths are 80 and over, with about 25% between 70 and 80. The 60 to 70 range is averaging about 15% of total deaths. Most people are aware of these numbers, so a good portion of the nation will feel they are immune to anything serious.

With the national death toll at about 72K, and given the above... the under 60 crowd is seeing  about 10,800 deaths, which will likely and sadly be deemed acceptable among that group. Considering that a very high percentage of deaths are among people with existing conditions, which are more prevalent the older you get... the youngsters will feel invincible.

I don't no about psychological effects, but with a service sector representing about 45% of the economy... it will absolutely not jump back. The most optimistic forecast, I have seen for 2nd Qtr GDP is -17.6% (A). That represents about $900B. All the stimulus "should" cover that, but the trick will be that psychological effect.

I don't see a quick turnaround, but then I am not young and filled with p!ss and vinegar.

2.3.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.5    3 months ago

Thank you for your replies. And I agree with much of what you have stated.

Of course there will be a good many people who will complain that the reopening is not taking place as fast as they want it to, and we will likely see more armed protesters storming state houses demanding that the reopening meets their immediate demands as they are now doing in some states.

However, with any kind of serious crises that affects the people's lives in such a horrific manner as the Covid-19 has done, not everyone thinks in a logical or reasonable manner. And...to some extent that is understandable. However, things must take things one step at a time to assure that any secondary crises that may appear can be met and dealt with in a safe and reasonable manner.

That is where the psychological end of things would most likely come into play, at least IMHO. And the more wee keep hearing and reading about the mutations and the worst is yet to come, the more people with be mentally and emotionally unsteady. When in fact, no one can predict the next steps with any certainty, they are more or less just thinking out loud, so to speak.

Like you, I am no youngster, so I have to think rationally as to what I plan to do over the remainder of this year, and perhaps into next year. Playing it by ear seems to be a more plausible think to do at this point. I'm not going to run out and buy up more toilet paper in case the virus takes a turn for the worse in the next three months. But, I'm not going to sit with my head in the sand either.

IMHO, we will need to be very careful what and who we believe when it comes to what the future will hold with what is before us at this point, as no one really knows for sure.

What are you planning to do first when things are reopened?

2.3.7  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.6    3 months ago
What are you planning to do first when things are reopened?

I have adjusted quite nicely to this lifestyle and except for a few things, see no reason to change. I have been doing some self isolating long before the virus. Retiring and getting old can do that.

It would be nice to actually see some of the family, face to face. But that will be a social media event for quite awhile and more likely a vaccine, before actual contact.

There are delivery services for darn near everything, without the hassle of a crowded restaurant.

The only time I go out is for groceries that aren't available for pickup and Doctor's Appts. I can foresee needing to get gas for the mower in about 3 weeks. I will be wearing a mask for quite awhile.

That's about it for me. What about you?

Odd thing... Many restaurants in my area pushed curbside service rather hard, just to reduce inventory of dated products in refrigeration. Opening back up would require somewhat of a restock of beef, pork and poultry, etc. This would seem to be happening at about the same time as grocery stores begin to run short. Should be interesting.

Of course the really big question is... Which is worse during a beef shortage? A burger joint that runs low or out of beef... or a burger joint that doesn't run out of "beef"? Secondly, what exactly is in chicken nuggets?

P.S. The store was filled to the brim with TP. They were amazingly low on sodas and nearly out of any cleaning agents. I guess people are chasing that "stuff" with soda!

2.3.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.7    3 months ago

My findings are very similar to yours. Still running low on TP, not a lot of variety to choose from, and a bit high priced, but, what there is of it seems to be adequate.  As you say, cleaning products seem to be the ones that are a bit scarce now. But, that should clear up soon.

I'm with you about what I will do when the re-open happens. My habits did not change much to begin with when the crises arose, I am pretty much a home body and most of my treks away from home are to the grocery, pharmacy and Dr. appts. I work a lot on the computer. I am a professional Technical Beta Tester for several software companies, so I keep pretty busy in that area. As a Native American I do a lot of related graphic imaging of Native American artwork, some of which I share here on NT.

I am not one to eat out that much, as I love to cook and so I do most of my meals here at home. And I love to experiment in that as well.

What I am wondering is when my Dr. offices that have closed during the crises will open again so that I can play catch up with the tests and x-rays that I had just before the virus hit and the offices closed. Must be nothing serious as I am still kicking the trash can, and nothing serious happening, but, just curious. I think that is kind of along the lines many other people are looking at as well.

But, once the reopen begins I am wondering how many of the many businesses, both large and small, that had to shut down due to the virus will be able to survive one again. Many of the big box stores may not be able to recover, and some have already filed for bankruptcy.

This is bound to have a very big affect on the economy, both with closures and the number of people out of jobs and unable to find jobs soon enough to stay afloat. This, IMHO, will be very telling for America in all sectors. Especially, the large corporations like GM and other car mfgs. And in some areas, entire towns have become bankrupt.

This could be the hardest part of any recovery for our country and its people.

2.3.9  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.8    3 months ago

They've started to reopen in my area, but require masks and a temperature check to enter, after using your car as the waiting room. I even had a call from my primary care physician, inviting me for an telehealth appointment and to visit for some tests. Healthcare other than the virus has taken a massive hit.

We are entering a period of time where it is difficult to determine the outcome.

2.3.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.1    3 months ago

If the cat drone was used to scope out things, would that be considered to be a cat scan?

2.3.11  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.9    3 months ago
Healthcare other than the virus has taken a massive hit.

I agree. While my primary physician closed his office and only deals with patients via his answering service for general Rx refills, the Specialists that I normally see are still open, seeing patients and scheduling appts. However, before being admitted to their office at the time of your appt, they have medical assistants taking temps at the door to their office.

It is indeed a time of the unknown of what lies ahead in not only regards to the virus, but, the results of change of life for people here in America.

I can understand the desire of those who are demanding a return to the way things were before the crises, but, truth is, we may never see that happen again, which is understandable for any devastating crises we are faced with. Will the change be better or worse is yet to be seen, as the end to the crises is not fully in view as yet, and it is unknown how long the crises will last, depending how seriously it has affected the various states and how long it takes for them to recover.

But, one thing is for sure, people brandishing an assortment of automatic weapons in a threatening manner, and storming state offices to intimidate state officials, will not make the virus any less serious or go away any sooner. All it does is create more chaos and display their gross ignorance to the world.

States ending healthcare for their people as we have seen will only worsen the situation, and will tend to extend the spread of the virus into a unknown time ahead.

And there are those who are doing their best to make things as hard for people as possible for their own political purposes, which is putting political party loyalty ahead of human lives, which some seem to think are expendable as long as their goal is met.

2.3.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.11    3 months ago

I like that my doctor calls me if I contact his office.  It is so much more convenient for me with my transportation problem.

2.3.13  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3.12    3 months ago
It is so much more convenient for me with my transportation problem.

My doctor will also call me if I have an important question. He has an office here in the senior complex where I live, which is only a few blocks from where I live and within walking distance for me on a good day. Otherwise, I use my golf cart for the short distance. But, he has closed that office for the time being, so using the phone is the best way to work with him until he opens this office again.

Baron Creek
2.3.14  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3.10    3 months ago

Could be a PET scan, not sure. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

2.3.15  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.11    3 months ago

Most people will mildly align themselves with what they perceive to be in their self interests... during good times..

I've found that most people will put their perceived self interests above all and everyone, during stressful times.

The former can almost be predicted... the latter is very worrisome.

2.3.16  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.14    3 months ago

A man goes to his doctor and there was a cat in the exam who walked around and stared at the man.  He got a bill for a thousand bucks.  He called the doctor and asked wtf was that for.  The doctor told him...a pet scan.

Split Personality
2.3.17  Split Personality  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.15    3 months ago

Where were you and what do you remember about the pandemics in 1968 and 1957?

Baron Creek
2.3.18  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.17    3 months ago

I don't remember much, but what ever went around, I probably got it. There was a period in my life, where I was willing to try anything once. In 1957, I was still home and likely had my mind elsewhere and in 1968, I lived in my hometown. I can't really remember any pandemics, although I do remember being told I had the swine flu... but I thought that was in the 70s. I lived so far back in the hills, it took longer for some things to get there, I guess.

The Spanish flu hit my grandparents generation hard, which is probably why later pandemics didn't make the radar.

2.3.19  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.15    3 months ago
the latter is very worrisome.

Indeed it is worrisome. Some people's reactions to stressful situations can be quite volatile, and that can be very problematic for not only them, but, for many others in many ways.

It is hard to predict how people will react to life and death situations as we have, and still are, facing as a nation.

2.3.20  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3.16    3 months ago
The doctor told him...a pet scan.

O-M-G....that is so funny. Thanks for the good laugh Paula. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
2.3.21  Split Personality  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.18    3 months ago

The point is the we had approximately 150 million citizens then

and lost 116,000 in 1958 and 100,000 in 1969

and no one remembers the pandemics or what the Presidents did about the pandemics.

Baron Creek
2.3.22  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.21    3 months ago

That sent me on a search of those pandemics. 1958 The CDC refers to the crude death rates, not being substantially different in 1957, 1958 compared to previous although slightly above the 1954 low. (6-4)(6-5) Granted the CDC statement listed here  gives an estimated total without referring to excess deaths.

This  1968 CDC statement references the 100,000 deaths and then mentions excess deaths as being in 65 and older. I ran across this statement...

"1968 was a bad year for flu but, as pandemics go, it was pretty mild."

Now for my personal opinion:

While the CDC was founded in 1946, it is very likely that few people heard of it until the past couple of decades. I can almost assure you that data collection by the CDC was lacking for a long period of time, as the very idea of reporting something to a government agency was unheard of. You went to a doctor, got a shot or prescription, etc. I can't speak for elsewhere, but even pneumonia was dependent on which doctor you went to see, as to whether you went to the hospital. It was an era where a perfectly healthy man in his forties might fall over dead and cause of death might be listed as heart failure or heart attack... with no further questions. It was just his time to go.

Couple that with daily newspapers being the main source of information with just 15 minutes of network news... there likely was little mention at the time of a pandemic. Besides, there was a bunch of other things occupying the news in 1968.

That's my 2¢ worth.

Split Personality
2.3.23  Split Personality  replied to  Baron Creek @2.3.22    3 months ago
Besides, there was a bunch of other things occupying the news in 1968.

Like my draft lottery number, lol

cjcold
2.3.24  cjcold  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.6    3 months ago
What are you planning to do first when things are reopened?

A French dip sandwich at my favorite bar and a trip to the library.

Whoever said libraries weren't essential was nuts!

3  Raven Wing    3 months ago

Baron.......the current gif is much better. Thank you very much for your consideration.

3.1  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Raven Wing @3    3 months ago

I had no clue it would be offensive, as I was adding the gif late in the process and had drones on my mind, saw cat and thought the internet loves cats for some reason. Boy was I wrong!!

3.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @3.1    3 months ago

That's understandable. Many of us here on NT are avid animal lovers, and consider our fur babies as members of our family. I hope you can understand our thoughts as well.

And thank you again for changing the gif. It does mean a lot. (smile)

Release The Kraken
3.1.2  Release The Kraken  replied to  Baron Creek @3.1    3 months ago

Most us realized it wasn't a real cat. It wasn't at all offensive but it's the internet.

Some really try hard to be offended and make it miserable.

I'm offended by stuffed turtle replicas. I once had to be hospitalized over seeing one.

Baron Creek
3.1.3  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.2    3 months ago

Regardless, I changed it. I prefer commenting on the content of an article, rather than a gif. But, maybe that is just me.

4  CB     3 months ago
Originality

. . . .

It's sad too. The right-side of the brain is laying siege to the left side of the brain, in your metaphor. Baron, I really believe both sides of the brain need each other to have power, influence, and abundant prosperity. But one side in the 'housing' has surely determined it must subjugate the other side; it does so by turning off its conscience and demonizing half of itself. The space inside—inhospitable and nearing unbearable.

4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @4    3 months ago

CB....if this is the reality of what you see happening, then perhaps it is time to put the affected brain aside and replace it with a new one. One that is not as tainted by special interests and crippled by blind party loyalty compared to what our congress should by doing in putting our country's and people's welfare ahead of political dominance.

That has not been the case for far too long, and it is time now for America to rise above the party first and foremost, then their own money pockets and self interests, with the best interest of America and its people being last, if at all.

Congress no longer lives up to its responsibility to the people, who pay their salary and treat them like royalty, which they no longer respect or appreciate, but, take for granted that they are entitled to it even if they don't do their job, which most of them don't do.

However, they are not the only ones to blame, as the American people have become far too compliant with their refusal to do their jobs and take advantage of those they are supposed to represent, and more of less thumb their noses at their constituents and do as they please by party dictates, except at election time when they will stoop on bended knee for their votes to get re-elected, only to laugh at the voters who naively give them another term during which to skrew them again.

It is time the American people took back our country and let those in DC know who they work for, and it is not the individual political parties who pay their salary.

They owe the American people, we don't owe them.

4.1.1  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @4.1    3 months ago

I'm just now reading this Friday! I am of a thought that, 'back home' we have some truly stubborn and entrenched people who are putting up these hard-care politicians to do their bidding—or be tossed out. Republicans and conservatives actually grade their politicians on a visible (established) scale. That way they can know upfront and well ahead of the "axe-blade' falling to end individual careers.

How sad is that? In this scenario (above) there can only exist three types of republican pols: 1.) Those the conservatives give a vote "Pass"  2.) Those for whom conservatives 'vote off' their political island. 3.) Those conservative politicians who commit, verbally and otherwise, to being cruel and unfeeling towards democrats, progressives, and disillusioned independents.

cjcold
4.2  cjcold  replied to  CB @4    3 months ago

The right brain/left brain hypothesis is in decline as more data is accumulated.

5  CB     3 months ago

No more senior shopping hours.

There is this one store that takes clerk pride in telling me about its senior hour. Something dismal like 7 - 8 AM in the morning. Laughable. Whatever is going through my mind at 7-8 AM in the morning, it ain't public shopping during a pandemic.

But. There I was walking perpendicular to a "stud-muffin" and his beautiful and appropriate lady-friend at Target when '-muffin' had an urgent sneeze into his right elbow. That was two Sundays ago for which I wrote something about how for quick instance I had a 'weirded out' scrowl on my face. It left me quickly, nevertheless.

Well, last Sunday I was out shopping again at the area grocery store. I am standing at the self-check out having a good day actually. I digress for a moment. On my way over to self-checkout, there was a young burly man talking-waiting-talking with the 'controller' for the four registers. Once I got to my spot on the floor and proceeded to check out . . . the lanes controller stepped away from her station and as I continued with my purchase. I heard a soft "ah-chew."

More like a soft-sounding sneeze coming from behind me. These days I am attuned to the sound of sneezes, coughing, heavy breathing, and people who like 'long-line' talks.

I told myself, "Self don't turn around." But, I did.

Just long enough to see and judge if I was good and dry or had burly-boy gotten me good. I didn't weird out this time. Instead I got a quick full look at this guy. He wore no mask.

On my way home. Something became known to me as I saw a pattern-forming:

Neither of the "urgent" sneezers had a mask anywhere visible. They were members of  the 'young and invincible' crowd. Those who sneeze and cough invisible clouds of aerosolized substances into the surrounding airspace to linger, lurk, and cling to the next passerby.

The best masks are N95's respirators; the next best are surgery masks, next comes cloth masks, and so on and so forth. The worse mask of all: No mask.

As the nation returns to work, it will be the groups, thongs, of people who opt to not wear any masks whatsoever, the "bare nakers"  who will make it most weird for the masked people. —Not the other way around.

Senior day? I'm new to it. But what the heck, maybe 7:30-ish ain't so bad after all.

5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5    3 months ago
Senior day? 7:30- ishjrSmiley_48_smiley_image.gif

Uhhh.....not on my alarm setting.......jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

5.2  author  Baron Creek  replied to  CB @5    3 months ago

I hated the early morning deal, until I first tried it. Very few people, stuff stocked that couldn't be had via curbside, etc. Quick checkout, with the only downside being to park near the exit only door and walk across the parking lot to the entry only door.

When I used curbside later in a day, the line of people waiting outside the entry door was quite long... as they limited number of people inside.

I guess the word spread beyond the senior crowd and it now appears that hour has lost its appeal for me. Besides some items that cannot be found inside the store are now available for pickup. I have my suspicions, but will keep that confidential. The multi-day pickup wait has now started to shorten from the 5~7 days of a couple of weeks ago, to 2~4 days.

5.2.1  CB   replied to  Baron Creek @5.2    3 months ago

I can be so dense at times. .  . .

I see these manned 'tables' and 'area parking stalls' outside stores all the time now and I don't even bother to ask how they work or what is there fully working function.

You mean they are there to help me not browse (for the same products over and over—repeat day after day) inside the stores and risking/exposing myself to those occasional sneezers and coughers, and non-sanitized shelf products throughout the day?

Hmmm.

Hey! Could it be that moi is a little vain; that I want to come in with the 'regulars' and stand in line with my newest 'hot' N-95er mask and listen to my audiobooks while waiting to be flagged in?

Hmmm.

Could it be that I like and don't want to miss seeing "eye candies," "stud-muffins." and "burlies" - look but don't touch the merchandise - and it makes me feel, if only briefly, a rush of a different type of excitement and invincibility once more?

Hmmm.

5.2.2  author  Baron Creek  replied to  CB @5.2.1    3 months ago

I'm a solid list guy and my wife is a browser. She browses all the grocery drop downs on line for things interesting and then adds to a list. When we decide to order, we go through all the lists, checking what we want. It is the best of all worlds, as she gets to browse and I get a list. We select the pickup time and then drive up, pop the trunk, wave adios and drive home.

Some stores do charge a fee, some don't and some have waived fees during this stressful time. Be very wary of delivery. Nothing wrong with the concept, but the hounding afterwards about tipping. There would be nothing wrong with tipping, but the store doesn't give it to the driver. They pay the driver a flat fee and keep the tips, which offsets their cost. (Same principle at a lot of restaurants.)

I tip the driver at delivery and then tell the company hell no on their tip requests. It may differ from company to company, but in my area... it is how it works.

5.2.3  CB   replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.2    3 months ago

I am not a browser, per se. I do have one of 'those' creatures in my family that I (hated it) could walk behind—don't ya just hate it when "the browser" says, "Stay, walk with me."

It is every bit like a slow pouring of molasses down the aisles of the store, to me. I feel trapped, and claustrophobic when that happens.  I get sweaty and if I am lucky to have my headset in my pocket - I retreat to my audio-books! Yay!

When I browse nowadays, it is just for the 'hot' (and still missing) shelve items. Because doctors and the Coronavirus Task Force says to get in and get out - don't linger. The risks are too high. And, death could possibly be just a reach and an additional touch away. . . .

Online store items listings, you say? You're a fountain of good insights, Baron!

5.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Baron Creek @5.2    3 months ago

I tried the senior hour at my Von's to see how it would go.  Still no tp (I already had plenty), paper towels, or Lysol spray.  I went back to using whenever to shop.

5.2.5  Ender  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.4    3 months ago

Here there is TP just hard to find Charmin.

It is hard to find bleach. No Lysol spray or Clorox wipes or hand sanitizer.

Things I used to buy regularly.

Luckily still have sanitizer and only use it when I go out.

Bleach is getting low though.

Baron Creek
5.2.6  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.4    3 months ago

The old folks gossip line indicated which days were the best for which items. In our area TP was delivered on day one, then stocked overnight, so morning two was best. Frankly, most of the stuff I needed was delivered on day one. I won't mention which day, as spies might be lurking. jrSmiley_35_smiley_image.gif

5.2.7  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Ender @5.2.5    3 months ago
Luckily still have sanitizer and only use it when I go out.

I live in the heart of bourbon country, where everyone started making it per WHO directions. Then the FDA stepped in. So still no hand sanitizer to be found.

Split Personality
5.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  Baron Creek @5.2    3 months ago

Ditto.  We choose to park at the exit and take the long walk empty handed.

5.2.9  Ender  replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.7    3 months ago

I forgot to add the antibacterial soap is also no where to be found.

5.2.10  author  Baron Creek  replied to  CB @5.2.3    3 months ago
Online store items listings

I generally (not always) do the pickup from Walmart and in store at Kroger. I do check the Kroger list, decide what I want and then check which aisle. Once I have that sorted on a spreadsheet, I start at one end and through the store I go. Both are about 3 miles from home, so with either option I can leave the house and be back in 45 minutes... tops. The Walmart pickup is so much faster (30' round trip) than the Kroger pickup (45' round trip). Walmart tracks your vehicle into parking lot and confirms your location, whil Kroger requires you to call them and letting it ring for a very long time, plus they managed to put their pickup zone about 100 yds from the door... out in the back forty.

Baron Creek
5.2.11  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.8    3 months ago

I'm okay with the entry and exits, but it puzzle me why they have the cones for entry extending to the very end of the building, with barricades to prevent you from breaking line.

XDm9mm
5.2.12  XDm9mm  replied to  Ender @5.2.9    3 months ago
I forgot to add the antibacterial soap is also no where to be found.

You should become a "prepper".  We don't have any problems with that, at least that I know of.  Some might, but not the ones I know.

As I noted when this shit started, my only concern was coffee, and that was IMMEDIATELY corrected.   Now, I can hang out for a year or so if absolutely necessary.

Of course, I do go out for some stuff but could easily get by without it.

5.2.13  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Ender @5.2.9    3 months ago

Is it a case of specific brand? I get that from my wife.

5.2.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @5.2.5    3 months ago

My mom and pop store has plenty of hand sanitizer, tp, and paper towels.  No Lysol wipes or spray though.  I did find a product called Microban 24 which is superior to Lysol.

5.2.15  Ender  replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.12    3 months ago

I use to have some MREs from after Katrina. Finally got rid of them a while back. Figured 15 yrs was pushing it.

My main problem would be space. My house isn't that big, only a 1500 sq ft ranch. I can keep most things pretty good like canned goods in the pantry, it is just the bulkier items I have a problem with.

I guess I could turn one of the bedrooms into storage.  Haha

What I need though is a generator. Mine putted out a few years ago. Was old and not very powerful. I need to bite the bullet and get a nice one. One that could power most of the house, well except for the ac.

5.2.16  Ender  replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.13    3 months ago

It was just anything that said microbial or antibacterial was wiped out.

Went to Target the other day and forgot to look though.

5.2.17  Ender  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.14    3 months ago

My Aunt gave me a bottle of that. Supposed to be really good.

5.2.18  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.6    3 months ago
so morning two was best.

Yeah....I found that out too. I call the store, find out which day of the week they get their shipment of what in need, then wait and go the day after it is delivered. That way I am sure to at least get some of what I need.

5.2.19  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @5.2.15    3 months ago

Have you considered getting a Tuff Shed to store items in?

5.2.20  Ender  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.19    3 months ago

Oddly the way this house was built, it doesn't really have any attic space. More like a crawl space.

I do have a garage out back. It is full of yard equipment and decorations.

The roof started to leak though so now that has to be repaired. So kinda afraid of putting anything too perishable in there.

5.2.21  CB   replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.7    3 months ago

I make my own hand-sanitizer too! The stuff! Pharmacist 'stock'! What the FDA say about it?

5.2.22  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @5.2.20    3 months ago

Then a Tuff Shed is what you need.  It is a superior product and will last longer than the cheap versions.

5.2.23  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @5.2.21    3 months ago

All you need is alcohol, aloe vera gel, and essential oils.

5.2.24  CB   replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.10    3 months ago

I was in Walmart yesterday. . . love the "Do not Enter This Way"  and "Enter This Way" clolor-coded aisle-floor labels. Is it a California thing or is it a corporate decision across the board. HA! People are still missing their floor cues. Old people. Stubbornly hard to change! Liberty!

sandy-2021492
5.2.25  sandy-2021492  replied to  CB @5.2.24    3 months ago
Is it a California thing or is it a corporate decision across the board.

It's everywhere.  Or at lease, it's here in Virginia, too.

5.2.26  CB   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.14    3 months ago

I have Lysol stray (professional even) and Microban stray. That Microban back label worked me up so strongly that I called its offices for assurances on how to safely use it. I was told to treat it mostly like Lysol, nevertheless. Microban is better than Lysol. You don't say!

I have some of everything I need for this. Believe me. People assist me. I am so grateful, and I give back to them. Still, I "heart" going out looking for more of the same. . . .  I guess getting a late start on stocking up; scared me a bit - now I don't ever want to be depleted. (I have enough isopropyl alcohol I could rub-down my community!)

5.2.27  CB   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.23    3 months ago

I know! I love that I can do it and get it right. Next up and its going to be major (I am waiting on one last bit of information about a proper filter (information) and I will dedicate myself to making personal N95 mask for us. This crisis is not ending anytime soon - a little spider with a really big mouth told me so!

Told me to do it and I promise I will. They won't need to sell me N95's, disposable or otherwise, by the end of the month, hopefully. I will have enough of my own stock.

5.2.28  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.23    3 months ago
All you need is alcohol, aloe vera gel, and essential oils.

I have aloe veras growing out the ying yang on my patio, but, finding the essential oils is not that easy, nor is the alcohol. They say it needs to be 70% to be effective against the Covid-19. But, I can't find any 70% alcohol even on line. It says it's out of stock.  All I can find is 50%.

I would really like to find some wipes to keep in my car. But, again, they are not to be found.jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

5.2.29  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5.2.24    3 months ago

Don't know about elsewhere, but, here in So Cal where I live the one-way aisles are there, but, not really enforced. Yet, anyway. Too many people are used to walking up and down the aisles in both directions so it is kind of hard to suddenly have to watch which way your walking on top of watching how close you are the the person next to you - in front of you - and which way you're walking now too. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

5.2.30  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.28    3 months ago

The last two days Target has "beaucoup" 70% bottles (large and small) of isopropyl alcohol.) Can you get to a Target, maybe it's universal. . . .

originaloriginal

The 91% isoprophyl far right front is my sanitizer creation. The short little bottle tilted over is lemon essential oils from a Raley's! Raley's has a nice collection of scented oils that day. This is an assortment of items I have not shared with my neighbors (yet) .

5.2.31  CB   replied to  CB @5.2.30    3 months ago

Forgot these two! Since I am throwing open me cupboards. . . .

original

HA!

5.2.32  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.29    3 months ago

We're being trained how to walk (again). HA!

5.2.33  author  Baron Creek  replied to  CB @5.2.24    3 months ago

It's been a couple of weeks, but there were duct tape arrows on the floor as if every aisle were one way. The store people were ignoring them, so not really sure what their actual purpose were.

5.2.34  author  Baron Creek  replied to  CB @5.2.21    3 months ago

You're okay, unless you try to sell it, then it must be denatured.

5.2.35  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5.2.30    3 months ago

There's a Target not too far from me so I can check it out. Maybe I can get lucky.

5.2.36  CB   replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.34    3 months ago

Denatured sanitizer? Who is going to drink gelled and 'scented' alcohol? Oh, someone not in his or her right mind, I gather. Plenty of those folks are sadly on the loose! Watch out.

5.2.37  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.35    3 months ago

Uh-hmm! Please give it a try. And Raven Wing, do ask the clerk when the next shipment of whatever you are wishing for arrives definitely or approximately. The stock clerks and teams are so helpful these days! Also, I thank them for their service. They are on the 'front-lines' for us all. Salute.

5.2.38  CB   replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.33    3 months ago

Walmart (my area) has press-on "Do not Enter This Way"  (red) and "Enter This Way"  (green) aisle floor labels They have not fully caught our attention yet, because each new round of customers must at some point process the change, and only then do they take the time to read what is being asked! I suspect we will get it together soon! Aye Sir!

Split Personality
5.2.39  Split Personality  replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.11    3 months ago

I know, bizarre eh"

Walmart removed most of the makeshift barriers when they need the shopping carts again. lol.

The greeters are no longer pretending to wipe down the carts for you and it's only a matter of weeks before the tellow duct tape comes up off the ground.

What probably won't change, and I been yelled at for violating,

the nice one way stickers on the floor of each aisle.

5.2.40  author  Baron Creek  replied to  CB @5.2.36    3 months ago

That is the idea behind the FDA regs.

Baron Creek
5.2.41  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.39    3 months ago

I stopped going inside walmart and have adapted to the pickup. In so many ways, I have come to like it. I could literally shop in my underwear, pickup groceries in my underwear and drive home in my underwear. I haven't, but I could. Probably would need to have a shirt on like the tv anchors. And have my driver's license.

I am just about looney enough to try. I'll do some more thinking first.

5.2.42  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.41    3 months ago

Baron...don't forget the selfies. I wanna see! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif

5.2.43  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5.2.37    3 months ago

I totally agree, CB. Everywhere I go the people are so helpful and willing to go the extra mile to help. And I, too, remember to thank them for all they do, and going out of their way to make sure people are taken care of. The stores now are confusing enough with all the new rules and changes in operation, so having them there to help guide us and meet our needs is truly a blessing.

5.2.44  CB   replied to  Split Personality @5.2.39    3 months ago

I'd pay cash or lunch to see you get yelled at for 'violating' the Walmart stickers. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif "Sir, Sir! What the Heck?"

Just kidding. I'd not enjoy seeing any such thing!

5.2.45  CB   replied to  Baron Creek @5.2.41    3 months ago

Don't do it ever! This reminds me of that stormy night oh yea many years ago not too chilly with an occasional breeze and me having an urge to go out with hat, raincoat and boots-just these equal 3.

That night I ran into Officer Beat and he had seen a number or two on rainy nights back in the day. So, I was accosted and rounded up with every other freak of the night! HA!

Slaps leg! That's fake news! There was no Officer Beat. And in my hey-day, my boots (with spurs) never got down anywhere in a raincoat!

But let that serve as a reminder if you do perform the act: Wear clean underwear! In case of a car pileup or brake failure, you would not want to end up in the hospital afraid to remove your underwear!

5.2.46  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.43    3 months ago

I remember before the state started mandating voluntary masks wearing for store clerks at my favorite grocer. I love those clerks. Been with me and I with them for years. Some of the "babies" and older ones too, were just taking it 'bluntly' in March 2020. I was wearing a mask, and listening to the news about this virus and they were just letting customers "bee-hive" around them all day long. I was almost apoplectic (with confusion) over how to help get them in some protected environment. I called the store 'hot-line' and talked to corporate. It was not a good call, nevertheless. But fortunately or unfortunately, it was two days later when the news broke that a team member had tested positive for Coronavirus.

Now they are all in masks, more than the one team member falling ill, it was due to the good caring citizens taking stock and talking aloud about service workers everywhere needing protecting across the nation that now they have plexiglass shields surrounding their registers everywhere in town you go and look. The stores are being quite ingenious too about it, too!

I couldn't be more pleased. And I tell them how good they all look ("my babies" - yes I said it of them) with their protection gear on. All races, ethnicities, ages, and staffing jobs.
My stellar babies all!

5.2.47  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5.2.46    3 months ago

Sounds like you had a good time at the store. Most of the employees at the stores and pharmacy where I go know me by name since I have been there for many years now.

They all now wear their masks and work behind clear shields, with openings for money to be passed through. Most of them do not like having to work in this manner, but, realize it is for their protection, and the customers as well.

At Walmart I am forgetful of the one-way aisles they now have in place, and wind up going against the flow of traffic most of the time. Other shoppers just pass me by and go about their business.

I was surprised to find today, after all the hub-bub about bringing your own shopping bags to put your items in at check out, or pay for the bags provided by the store, when I pulled out my own reusable bag for my items I was told that customers were allowed to bring their own reusable bags into the store. My items were put into one of the store bags at no cost. This reminded me of how things were before the stores stopped providing free bags, and customers had to bring their own bags for their items.

So now, instead of having to remember to take my own bags into the store with me, I have to remember not to bring my bags with me into the store. Rather confusing. jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif   jrSmiley_74_smiley_image.gif

squiggy
5.2.48  squiggy  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.8    3 months ago

I didn't think anybody else noticed that. I have to laugh at the DIYs leaving Lowes heading back towards 'entrance' parking.

5.2.49  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @5.2.17    3 months ago

I decided to try it after seeing the commercial for it.  Two pieces of glass with lots of germs on them were sprayed with both. Both the MB24 and the Lysol eliminated the germs.  Then both were touched again.  No bacteria occurred again with the MB24 where the one with Lysol showed massive amounts of bacteria after just one touch.  Essentially, the MB24 protects a surface for 24 hours, hence its name.

5.2.50  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.47    3 months ago

I know. The bag. . . is an issue. Now. I just learned to jump out of the car and head to the back and get—wait. . .no longer required to do. Wow, it took me almost all of last year to learn the 'take bag into store' trick! Now, I don't need it. And what's worse is my favorite grocer is charging still for them! Feelings.

5.2.51  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5.2.50    3 months ago

So far I have only found one store that does not allow reusable bags in their stores, and bags your items in their own bags at no cost to the customer.

Rite Aid allowed me to use my own bags that I took into the store.

So...now we have a situ where we are not sure if we are supposed to use our own bags, or leave them in the car and use the ones provided by the store, be they free or cost charged to the customer.

Frankly, I think it is unfair for a store to disallow the customers to use their own bags and still charge for their store bags customers have to use. I would not shop at any store that engaged in that kind of unfair practice.

5.2.52  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.51    3 months ago

I have got to ask my favorite store if it has a policy change about it. Routinely, I take my purchases in my hands/arms. Probably not a clean idea, nevertheless. (I wear long-sleeve shirts during this crisis for that reason.) Maybe, I need to reconsider not carrying out this way.

Today, Walgreens offered me a free 'wrap.'  Mildly stunning and sweet!

It's a matter of principle. When we were moved to the payable reusable bags it was for a good purpose; now spme stores do a re-write that demands we should pay each and every time. Same reusable bag, but not reusable in stores! Go figure. Added cost.

5.2.53  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5.2.52    3 months ago

Yeah...that got me too. They charge you for the bag to put your groceries in to take home. When you take these same bags back with you to use in the same store again they tell you that you can't bring their own reusable bags you already paid them for the first time into the store. So..once again you have to buy their reusable bags to put your groceries in. Or, leave the items in the shopping cart to take them out to your car and bag them there.

The next thing we will likely see is they won't allow the shopping carts to be taken out of the store without the items being bagged. And of course, we can't bring our own shopping carts into their store either.

So.....what next? ?? jrSmiley_74_smiley_image.gif

5.2.54  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.53    3 months ago

It's the mad, wacky, topsy-turvy world of Coronavirus. Store owners and managers are in shock too! I will give them time to restock the shelves, fix the coming meat shortages/run-ons, get new health installs-installed, and deal with the fear of coming down with a touch of illness themselves and then, if the bag is still an issue I ain't above calling corporate! (Smile.)

5.2.55  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @5.2.54    3 months ago
if the bag is still an issue I ain't above calling corporate!

Same here. I have done that a few times myself.

5.2.56  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.55    3 months ago

Yay! We get it done in the nick of time. We have ascended to the ranks and roles of protectors of the proper good in society. (Smile.)

cjcold
5.2.57  cjcold  replied to  CB @5.2.36    3 months ago

Just found a new use for my stash of Sterno.

cjcold
5.2.58  cjcold  replied to  Raven Wing @5.2.35    3 months ago

Maybe I can get lucky.

So target is the new pick-up place?

MUVA
6  MUVA    3 months ago

Not sure why senior hours are in the morning when people going to work may need to shop before work same thing at the doctor office. I could never get the earliest appointment because some boomer always took the first one.

charger 383
7  charger 383    3 months ago

Senior hours first thing in the morning?  I did not retire to get up early to go shopping

XDm9mm
7.1  XDm9mm  replied to  charger 383 @7    3 months ago

It's 'logical' if you think about it.  It gives the store time overnight to clean and restock.

Cleaning helps as there is obviously less possibility of surface contact virus being present.  Well in theory anyway.

Restocking is obviously good as it helps get the "elderly" through a less crowded store quicker and out of the crowds of younger shoppers who might be asymptomatic.

7.2  Raven Wing  replied to  charger 383 @7    3 months ago

I'm with you. I got up at 5:00a to be to work by 8:00a for 25 years, and I owned my own businesses on and off during that time which became 16 hr work days. When I retired I decided that rising before sunrise was no longer required for me to live my life. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
7.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  charger 383 @7    3 months ago

The store is cleaner at 7 am, and there might actually be some toilet paper left.  Probably not, though.

8  CB     3 months ago
Deaths from Covid-19 Much is debated about whether they are over, or under counted. The CDC looks at all death certificates. Looking at late March through April 18 th , the excess deaths number about 18,000 above what the tracking for covid-19 suggests. Of course there is a lag time in reporting for the CDC data, so the number could be higher.

I had no clue the medical professionals was attributing deaths wrongly. I guess I thought that everybody got classified according to their 'need' at death. Not that it was a "I don't know what that is-just write down "     ."

Coronaviruses are quite interesting. The "little boogers" emptied store shelves of toilet paper and paper towels for two months and counting! The beans and peas are all gone bye bye, too! And the singer songwriter asks: "Where have all the [Lysol] gone?" and "Can anybody find my old friend [Black-eye peas]?"

Are these even products to consider anymore (MIAs)?

Now to the meats.  .  . .

I have always operated under a philosophy of go ahead buy it all,. . . we'll/they'll make more!

Sigh. Not so much. Not so fast.

So today, I am a little older and wiser and I have seen some things in the last two months that took a lifetime to be expressed!

8.1  author  Baron Creek  replied to  CB @8    3 months ago
I had no clue the medical professionals was attributing deaths wrongly. I guess I thought that everybody got classified according to their 'need' at death. Not that it was a "I don't know what that is-just write down " ."

In the long run, it will be the total number of deaths compared to previous years, that will likely determine the estimated deaths from Covid-19. Currently that total number of deaths is beyond what is being reported for Covid-19.

Everything nowadays is related to a supply chain. Even if you decided to raise your own garden, you would need seed, a hoe, maybe fertilizer, etc. Basically everything we use comes from the earth, beneath the earth or the air surrounding us. (Even money is said to be created from thin air.) So it extends from mining to the finished product.

That supply chain has been disrupted across almost every goods sector. Generally supply chains and demand can be temporarily disrupted by weather events, although not simultaneously in the same areas. Then there is the amount of the supply chain that has been off-shored, making it vulnerable to geo-political as well.

8.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @8.1    3 months ago

That is so very true. And the political prancing and dancing in tariffs that puts a hardship on our country and its people, leaving established economic cooperations that also creates the gaps in available products that also result in not only economic hardships for our businesses and people when there is nothing here in our country to take their place at the time needed.

Putting politics first has put our country and its people in jeopardy that will not be quickly remedied.

8.1.2  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.1    3 months ago

Politicians have no more power than what we give them. I believe we have done this to ourselves.

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner. - H. L. Mencken

8.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @8.1.2    3 months ago
I believe we have done this to ourselves.

Very true. We have stopped holding them accountable for their behavior, which many seem to find no fault with no matter how badly it affects our country.

And Mr. Mencken's words are very true. There are some people in Congress who clearly have no business holding such an office, and yet they are re-elected time and time again. Even when the majority of the people of their state say they can't stand them, they manage to get re-elected as there are no term limits for them, and there should be.

8.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.3    3 months ago

Why should they change when we have a POTUS who brags that he can do anything he wants, consequences be damned.

8.1.5  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.3    3 months ago

I would suggest you might question your core beliefs. An example would be determining if we are indeed a capitalist country. I would suggest we left the original meaning of capitalism in the dust and are now a corporatist society . It does get dressed up with lipstick and called capitalism, so people accept it as being true, as the corporatists have told them so.

Capitalism without the lipstick is basically survival of the fittest. We started leaving that in the dust about 90 years back. The majority of Americans would be appalled if we were to return to true capitalism, but feel safer accepting the lipstick option, imo.

We've historically allowed someone else to do our thinking for us when it came to voting, imo, so the only real change is which group is in charge of thinking.

8.1.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Baron Creek @8.1.5    3 months ago

Unfortunately that has become true of the younger generation, more so than the older folks who have seen and experienced as bad, if not worse, in their lives, and they still think for themselves.

To me, politics is much like a virus itself. For some people is it a matter of life or death in their minds, and if their political party does not win it is a huge loss to them. To other it is just a game to be played to see which side is best at gamesmanship strategy, as in to see who they can buy to provide enough outside interference to guarantee they will win.

Me, I think for myself in all things. I do my own research, do some comparison of moral core, and then see if they are interested in how to fill their own pockets at the taxpayer expense, or have at least a modicum of interest in what is best for our country and its people. Then I make up my own mind. That others may disagree with me is of no concern to me. They have a right to their own thinking, as do I.

8.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8.1.4    3 months ago

I agree that there are a good many people who align themselves with POTUS, however, I believe there are more who are now seeing for themselves the kind of person he is and that he is not who he has pretended to be. His handling of the COVID-19 and pushing the blame for his own failure to listen to the experts who advised him in how to handle the situation in the beginning, and then pushing the blame off on others and trying to make his experts the scapegoats.

8.1.8  CB   replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.6    3 months ago

I do my own thinking too. People have no idea how much I want to like conservatives and republicans. But I can not abide people who want to suppress other people into modes of second class citizenship. So I am 'harbored' indefinitely in the democratic party sphere. It can be no other way for now.

Just look at what MCCon— wait. None of that for now.

8.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @8.1.8    3 months ago
Just look at what MCCon—

Turtle man is one who really needs to go. Trump does not realize that he is being led by the nose by him, and his wife, who is also part of the Trump admin.

8.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.9    3 months ago

He kisses Trump's ass so no way will Trump ever get rid of him.

8.1.11  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8.1.10    3 months ago

Very true. I think the only way either one of them would ditch the other is if they presented a threat to their own re-election. But, if I were Trump I would not trust the Turtle Man. Why?

Turtle Man has no term limits to his re-election, and Trump has 8. So even if Trump gets re-elected to a second term he is still used goods to Turtle Man, who has as many terms as he is elected to, and Trump becomes a useless stone around his neck.

And if Turtle Man can see that Trump might lose re-election, with no help from any outsiders, he will find a new path to walk and leave Trump in his dust.

cjcold
8.1.12  cjcold  replied to  Baron Creek @8.1.2    3 months ago

Wake up folks. It's the multinational corporations that are in control.