╌>

Why Liberals Identify with Criminals

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  9 years ago  •  22 comments

Liberals hate cops, honest citizens with guns, and hard sentencing laws because liberals identify with criminals.

When visiting a Federal prison Obama summarized the view of liberals when he said:

“These are young people who made mistakes that aren’t that different than the mistakes I made and the mistakes that a lot of you guys made."

While the people in the prison he was talking about were really drug dealers and violent felons, Obama, was repeating the liberal lie that the prisons are full of folks who just smoked a joint and got caught.

Liberals are five times more likely to use marijuana and cocaine than conservatives. A natural consequence of drug use is fear of the police. While the U.S. has an overly soft policy towards drug users, users are nonetheless afraid of the consequence of getting caught breaking the law. This fosters in liberals an anti-cop mentality, since the police are the agents of society that enforce society’s laws against drug use.

If a liberal dislikes the police because he thinks they are unfairly targeting his “harmless” drug use it’s not a big step for him to assume that cops are racist and violent towards other “innocent” people. After all if a liberal believes that cops are “racist pigs” then it becomes clear that arresting “innocent” drug users is an act of fascist repression and that drug users are actually victims of the “police state” not criminals.

This antipathy towards the law because of drugs is not new. During Prohibition Americans who liked to drink lost respect for the police. Anyone who likes to do things that are illegal is going to develop a distaste for the men and women in blue who enforce the law. It’s a natural consequence of the fact that human nature is such that we usually try and rationalize our behavior by scapegoating someone else.

The problem is exacerbated because for many liberals, such as Obama, drug use began when they were highly impressionable teens; biases developed at a young age are often much harder to escape than those developed later in life.

Further because illegal drug users are criminals, that is they are intentionally breaking the law, they tend to identify with other criminals rather than with the criminal justice system or victims.

Drug users rationalizes their criminal acts by saying it’s the law that’s bad, that the “system” is unjust, that they’re being unfairly persecuted; exactly the same sort of rationalizations that every criminal uses. It’s not surprising then that liberals will identify with the criminal rather than the victim or the police.

Like other criminals, liberal law breakers often believe that what they do doesn’t hurt others. Robbers will rationalize that they’re stealing from people who are rich only because the system is corrupt and that they, the robbers, are just getting what should be theirs, and anyway the “rich” they’re stealing from won’t miss what was stolen. Rapists will claim that the woman “asked for it” and that “no means yes.” Similarly liberals argue that their drug use doesn’t hurt anyone. Apparently liberals either don’t care or are unaware of the victims of their drug use.

Drug use however does have many victims; the gang wars in our cities, the massive deaths of blacks in our cities, the chaos and death in Mexico are all fueled by the dollars of American drug users. Mexico is turning into a cesspool of violence and corruption because Americans want their drugs and they don’t care who suffers.

The river of drug money also leads to the corruption of the police that in turn causes the very sort of police misconduct that liberals excoriate.

However, liberals tend to be people who eschew personal responsibility so they fail to see the connection between their giving money to criminal organizations and the violent acts of those cartels.

If liberals were to admit to themselves that the average cop is a decent person who tries to treat people fairly, they’d have to confront the fact that it’s a liberal’s choice to break the law that makes liberals fear the police. Sadly, liberal DNA just doesn’t include accepting responsibility for one’s actions so they continue to blame others for the consequences of their drug use, including their fear of police.

Of course, not all liberals are drug users. Some liberals probably view the police as the enemy because they’ve committed other crimes. For example, Hillary Clinton’s feeling that she’s been persecuted in encounters with the law over Whitewater and various other scandals may have put her on the side of criminals. And of course all the corrupt liberal politicians in Chicago and Detroit have ample reason to side with the bad guys.

Once we realize that liberals identify with criminals, their actions make sense. A person who thinks the justice system is anything but just will work hard to make cop’s job harder while giving criminals as many loopholes as he can.

Similarly if a person thinks of criminals as oppressed victims then they will have no problem with Supreme Court rulings that put impossible burdens on the police who have to make split second decisions in complex situations.

But worst of all, a person who views the police as the bad guys will buy into the lie of the Black Lives Matter movement that cops are killing people for no good reason. That in turn leads to lack of interest on their part concerning the safety of police.

In the end, liberal identification with criminals leads to the police knowing that the politicians don’t have their backs and to a reduction in effective crime control. It’s not an accident that liberals disagree with Giuliani’s “Broken Window” policing philosophy, since liberals don’t seem to care about the victims of “petty” crimes.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/10/why_liberals_identify_with_criminals.html#ixzz3qA9Beuz8
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Cletus Wilbury
Freshman Silent
link   Cletus Wilbury    9 years ago

Johnny Cash - Why I wear black

“I wore black because I liked it. I still do, and wearing it still means something to me. It's still my symbol of rebellion -- against a stagnant status quo, against our hypocritical houses of God, against people whose minds are closed to others' ideas.”

Bloody Bill
Freshman Silent
link   Bloody Bill    9 years ago

Obama, was repeating the liberal lie that the prisons are full of folks who just smoked a joint and got caught.

Darn those Rand Paul liberals! It's actually true that the prisons are full of folks that got caught smoking pot. This has never been merely a "liberal talking point". American Thinker needs to move past it's desperate support for the War On Drugs (that's so 90's dude). It is a war that has rightly earned massive bipartisan contempt. Oh and by the way, a friend of mine who grows his own, and on occasion shares with his buds (pun intended) happens to be a Tea Party conservative. 

Cletus Wilbury
Freshman Silent
link   Cletus Wilbury  replied to  Bloody Bill   9 years ago

Oh and by the way, a friend of mine who grows his own, and on occasion shares with his buds (pun intended) happens to be a Tea Party conservative.

I had a friend like that, back in the 90's, listened to Limbaugh every day. He actually believed the Dems were more against legalization. I wonder if he still thinks that way.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    9 years ago

"Liberals hate cops, honest citizens with guns, and hard sentencing laws because liberals identify with criminals."

I continue to be amazed at how anyone actually goes beyond the first line of any American Sphincter article.

rimbauda
Freshman Silent
link   rimbauda  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   9 years ago

You can probably be safe in not missing anything important if you simply ignore any article with "liberals" or "Obama" in the title. 

rimbauda
Freshman Silent
link   rimbauda    9 years ago

Liberals identify with civil rights protections expressed in the Constitution and re-enforced by Supreme Court cases. While Conservatives often express paranoia about overreach by the government, Liberals support protections of the accused in order to prevent such overreach. We are a government of "laws not men" so that no one can be singled out without due process just on the say-so of another (even a President).

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    9 years ago

Liberals side with all criminals against law enforcement.  Not just with marijuana users who get caught.  They oppose law enforcement at every opportunity.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   9 years ago

Liberals side with all criminals against law enforcement.  Not just with marijuana users who get caught.  They oppose law enforcement at every opportunity. 

Horseshit.

J Martin
Freshman Silent
link   J Martin    9 years ago

XXJeff does it again, this time asking "Why Liberals Identify with Criminals?"

Here are some other pressing questions XXJeff may soon be asking:

- Why are liberals pimps and prostitutes who eat barbecued newborn babies for breakfast?

- Why do liberals keep naked young children in chains in their basements?

- Why are liberals more likely to be gangsters, rapists or pedophiles? 

Stay tuned. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  J Martin   9 years ago

I had one for breakfast just this morning and fed the rest to the naked child chained in the basement. Now all I need is a basement! laughing dude

J Martin
Freshman Silent
link   J Martin  replied to  Randy   9 years ago

Aha, so you keep him in the attic, do ya?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  J Martin   9 years ago

I have an attic? I thought just chained to a tree in the backyard would do. You don't think the neighbors will notice do you?nervous

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

Liberals hate cops, honest citizens with guns, and hard sentencing laws because liberals identify with criminals.

laughing dude This is one of your most fucking stupid ones yet! The raw ignorance of the whole piece is breathtaking! You going for a record or something? You are out doing even yourself and that has to be some kind of talent! Bravo! Bravo! (Standing ovation) laughing dude

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

I've identified criminals before, but some of them were re-elected anyway.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Randy   9 years ago
Maybe you should stop voting for them. LOL! Oh sorry, I forgot you are a Hillary fan. Wall maybe you can stop voting for them after the next election.

TinStl1
Freshman Silent
link   TinStl1    9 years ago

is that cornhusker4palin??? seems like it.. same dillweed seeds..