╌>

Hillary Clinton Says True Thing About Trump Supporters, Everybody Horrified Or Something

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jr  •  8 years ago  •  15 comments

Hillary Clinton Says True Thing About Trump Supporters, Everybody Horrified Or Something

http://wonkette.com/606467/hillary-clinton-says-true-thing-about-trump-supporters-everybody-horrified-or-something

It feeds, Scully. IT FEEDS.

MEAN LADY

Oh good lordy, there was many Hillary Clinton news over the weekend! Besides that embarasssing little episode where Hillary publicly  died of dysentery,  there was also a thing where she  spoke at a fundraiser  and called “half” of Trump supporters a “basket of deplorables”! This was terrible because she said “half,” when the real number is probably more like 95%. Just so we definitely know what we are talking about, here is her full statement, in context:

“I know there are only 60 days left to make our case — and don’t get complacent, don’t see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think, well, he’s done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.”

“But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.”

OMG THAT IS SO BAD, IT IS LIKE 47% OF MITT ROMNEY’S BINDERS FULL OF WOMEN ARE CLINGING TO GUNS AND BIBLES AT THE SAME TIME!

Even Moar

Anyway, it’s totally fucking true. Hillary  has been going hard  against the ridiculous “alt-right” Trump is enabling, and has been speaking forcefully against he white supremacists and other kinds of bigots Trump has been building up and retweeting and  making his fucking campaign chairs . Those people are fucking deplorable, and they all live together in a basket. Basket of deplorables. Got it.

Of course, wingnuts started crying and piss-poor media outlets like CNN spent the entire weekend analyzing Hillary’s comment, so she had to issue a clarification. Here is her full statement, so offended wingnuts can get their feelings hurted more worser:

“Last night I was ‘grossly generalistic,’ and that’s never a good idea. I regret saying ‘half’ — that was wrong. But let’s be clear, what’s really ‘deplorable’ is that Donald Trump hired a major advocate for the so-called ‘alt-right’ movement to run his campaign and that David Duke and other white supremacists see him as a champion of their values. It’s deplorable that Trump has built his campaign largely on prejudice and paranoia and given a national platform to hateful views and voices, including by retweeting fringe bigots with a few dozen followers and spreading their message to 11 million people. It’s deplorable that he’s attacked a federal judge for his ‘Mexican heritage,’ bullied a Gold Star family because of their Muslim faith, and promoted the lie that our first black president is not a true American. So I won’t stop calling out bigotry and racist rhetoric in this campaign. I also meant what I said last night about empathy, and the very real challenges we face as a country where so many people have been left out and left behind. As I said, many of Trump’s supporters are hard-working Americans who just don’t feel like the economy or our political system are working for them. I’m determined to bring our country together and make our economy work for everyone, not just those at the top. Because we really are ‘stronger together.’ “

Shorter Hillary: “Sorry I said ‘half’ or whatever, but everything else about my earlier statement is fucking true. Do you need some Preparation H for your butthurt? I can pick you up some when I go get my pneumonia medicines!”

Now, we could scour the internet for racist wingnuts saying racist wingnutty things about this — they’re easy to find and they just prove Hillary’s point. Jamelle Bouie actually  looked into the numbers  at Slate and found that,  quelle surprise , saying “half” of Trump’s supporters are all those things is pretty goshdarned accurate. For instance, 60% of Trump’s supporters believe, incorrectly, that Barack Obama is a Muslim. All of them live inside the basket of deplorables.

Bouie also made his argument on “Face The Nation.” He  got emails,  from the basket of deplorables:

jamelle

bouie2

bouie3

WAAAAAAAAAH, the mean emails lady hurted their feelings, WAAAAAAAAAAAH Jamelle Bouie is black and doesn’t give the basket of deplorables the respect they think they deserve, WAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Sorry, Trump supporters. Many of you — probably “half” or so — are an absolute fucking embarrassment to America, and you earned every bit of this.

Now fuck off and stop crying.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

60% of trump supporters believe President Obama is a muslim.

66% of Trump supporters doubt if  President Obama is really an American. 

These polls were taken a while back but there is no reason to think these percentages have appreciably changed. 

I think we could get or close to half of his supporters from this information, and other things. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P    8 years ago

DISCLAIMER: I am not a supporter of Donald Trump.

I believe Mitt Romney said something 4 years ago that was very truthful about 47% of the electorate, and it became a talking point for Obama supporters.

Please explain why this statement by Hillary cannot/should not be used as a talking point for her detractors.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jonathan P   8 years ago

I imagine they can use it. 

The Romney 47% included retired senior citizens, stay at home moms, the disabled, college students, the unemployed , and I believe high school students.  Those people were among the "moochers" he was talking about. 

Clinton says half of Trump supporters are "deplorable". According to polling , well over half of trump supporters have some birther sentiments. I don't know about you, but that is deplorable to me. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

When a person is elected President, they are the President for the entire population.

If Hillary gets elected, I hope she does more to unite, rather than divide.

This is not a good precedent.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Jonathan P   8 years ago

That is an outstanding point, Jonathan.  How can one plan on governing when you insult the population-that's certainly not the mark of a leader.  Oh yeah, I'm sure she feels she'll have the military to enforce her edicts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

I know about a dozen people , in my friends and family and acquaintances, who I have heard say they are going to vote for Trump. I have heard all of these people say derogatory things about blacks and other minorities in the past.  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    8 years ago

Wonkette?  Left Wing Nutjob site that can't be trusted for anything even remotely fair and balanced coming out of their pit of vipers. 

BTW, insulting people is how you win elections?  Our nation is truly screwed with the choices that have been foisted on us.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

BTW, insulting people is how you win elections?

Maybe you should have communicated that thought to Trump, say about 15 months ago. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Spike, you say Wonkette is a far left nut job site. 

How have you described Infowars on those seeds? I don't recall seeing that. I put "satire" in my tags. I don't see that on the Infowars articles either. 

Why is it that people like you never complain about all the conspiracy nonsense that sometimes plagues this site? 

I don't get it. 

Bloody Bill
Freshman Silent
link   Bloody Bill    8 years ago

It all comes down to preference: do we want a competent, intelligent super-villain, or a bumbling, idiotic super-villain? Dr. Doom or Gru? Either way, we will get the leadership that we deserve.