╌>

LET’S HAVE A (NEW) PARTY by Buzz of the Orient

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  38 comments

LET’S HAVE A (NEW) PARTY by Buzz of the Orient

LET’S HAVE A (NEW) PARTY

party party.jpg

Due to the undesirability of the candidates and/or the policies of both major parties as determined during the campaign for POTUS, it is the opinion of   1ofmany that many normally moderate supporters of both major parties prefer to become independent. According to 1ofmany,

"The moderates of both parties have left to become independents and now number more than either republicans or democrats."

Think of the ramifications if that were true. If the number of independents outnumbered each of the major parties, why couldn’t they form an entirely new party more moderate than any of the existing parties and formulate their own party with moderate policies, a moderate platform. It’s quite possible that such a party would be considered a desirable alternative to all of the now existing parties and could attract a majority of Americans to support it in the year 2020. Of course a majority does not necessarily guarantee a win due to the Electoral College, so a lot of work would have to be done between now and then to convince the voters to reconsider their loyalties.

A new party will need a name. I have some suggestions, such as The Independent Party, The Patriots Party, The American Party, or an amalgam of the existing major parties’ names (since most of the members would desert from them), the Republicratic (or Demolican) Party. Dowser has suggested The Moderate Party, which would illustrate the feelings of the members.

As for a symbol, I don’t know what the symbols for the smaller parties are but it’s possible that the symbol for the Libertarian Party could be a marijuana leaf, and the Green Party symbol could be somebody hugging a tree. Now the Republicans presently use an elephant, and the Democrats use a donkey (or is that a mule, or possibly an ass?), so how about a bison? It certainly did roam throughout America and was able to survive a slaughter, so it shows resilience and strength.

bison.png

What ideas would you have for major platform concepts, for a name, for a symbol.   Let’s see if we can start a movement at NT that would spread throughout America. Who knows, maybe we can make Kavika POTUS.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

party 2.jpg

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

Kanye 2020.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

The United States of America is a two party country, has been for almost all of its 240 years, and will be in the near future. The two third parties this year, which received more publicity than any third party other than Perot has in recent memory, didnt get 5% of the vote between them. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

The sad truth.  Enter Trump.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

So much for NT members' sense of humour.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

What could be better than the ''Buffalo Party'', the American Icon..As famous as  the balde eagle. Nothing better than a 2,000 lb pissed off buffalo to get peoples attention.

I'll lead the party from behind the scenes. Like the man behind the curtain.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

I was also thinking that the new party could be named, ''The FU Party''...Stands for ''''fricking upsetting''

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

"I'll lead the party from behind the scenes. Like the man behind the curtain."

You mean the Wizard of Oz? LOL

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Yes indeed Buzz, just call me ''The Wiz''...........

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

I love it, Buzz...

A few years ago, on NV, there was a moderate group, that developed a general platform, etc.  I doubt I could ever find the articles again, but it's a thought!

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

I got a chuckle at the Guns and Dope party formed in 2003. 

IMG_0325.JPG

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

LOL!!!  thumbs up

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

You might be interested in this guy Dean . He is all for dope & dancing :

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

This looks like a cause worth getting involved in. Good find.