Week of Kwanzaa Begins Today

enoch
By:  @enoch, 9 months ago
Comments: 33 ..

Tags

For those observing it, the week long celebration of Kwanzaa begins today.

The Seven Principles of Kwanzaa are:

1. Unity.

1. Self-Determination.

3. Collective Work and Responsibility.

4. Cooperative Economics.

5. Purpose.

6. Creativity.

7. Faith.

Red Box Rules. Site CoC, and the Four B's Are In Play,

Be Respectful.

Be On-Point.

Be Positive.

or Be Gone!

Mrs. E. and I wish all who observe this week a good Kwanzaa holiday.

Peace and Abundant Blessings.

Enoch.

Flagging unavailable
jrDiscussion

Enoch
link   Enoch    9 months ago

Please follow Red Box Rules, Site CoC, and the Four B's.

The Four B's are enunciated in the article body. 

Let's all wish each other well on things of importance to each of us.

Accept that the Holy One, Blessed be has built diversity into the Divine Plan Diversity for reasons not always available to us. 

Let the Holy Spirit move each in the way G-d intended. 

If you celebrate Kwanzaa, feel free to contribute anything you wish to communicate.

If not, but you know of the holiday, also feel free.

We unite the Holy Divine sparks by accepting them in each other one act of harmony at a time.

Peace and Abundant Blessings.

Enoch.

jwc2blue
link   jwc2blue  replied to  Enoch   9 months ago

If you celebrate Kwanzaa, feel free to contribute anything you wish to communicate.

If not, but you know of the holiday, also feel free.

We unite the Holy Divine sparks by accepting them in each other one act of harmony at a time.

May the Force be with you, Enoch. 

Wink

I'm always happy to read your words.

Cynical souls such as myself are always refreshed at the well of the simplest of truths.

Do unto others.

It's really that simple.

Differentiating between doing unto others or doing back unto them is what's hard.

A happy, healthy and peace filled New Years to you and yours.

Enoch
link   Enoch  replied to  jwc2blue   9 months ago

Dear Friend jwc2blue: As to you and yours.

May 2017 be your best year yet in every way. 

Thank you for a most positive, relevant and uplifting contribution.

We are grateful.

Enoch.   

JohnRussell
link   JohnRussell    9 months ago

I could be wrong, but I believe there are no African Americans that participate on this forum. 

Enoch
link   Enoch  replied to  JohnRussell   9 months ago

Dear Friend John Russell; I don't know if there are or are not. 

Perhaps Perrie would know.

In any event it is always good to share what we know in a positive light about what matters to others.

Acceptance of what works for us tends to come back in proportion to its being sent out. Mutuality rules.

In case there are, I want them to know I and others respect their heritage.

I encourage harmony through understanding and mutual respect.

The world grows more peaceful and more productive each time we learn the ways of others, and support what works for them for them. 

Me, I am merely an aging vessel of communication creaking along, one attempt to facilitate fellowship following another.

All best wishes for a sterling 2017 to you and yours, John.

Enoch,  

KatPen
link   KatPen  replied to  Enoch   9 months ago

Brother, Friend, Enoch-- I agree that we grow each time we learn something from someone else's culture and respect their beliefs.  We all have similar goals in common and I knew that those who celebrate Kwanzaa had different goal to reflect on for the 7 days of celebration. But thank you for sharing which goals or Principles, they are.  They are  principles we should all strive for, no matter what religion or culture we celebrate (or don't)/  Thank you, Enoch!   

Enoch
link   Enoch  replied to  KatPen   9 months ago

Dear Friend Katpen: You are most welcome.

Particularly you.

Not with interest the recitation of things like the seven principles of Kwanzaa, the 13 Articles of Faith by Rabbi Moses ben-Maimon, Kavika's list of key Native American values, The five Pillars of the Faith in Islam, the Noble Eight Fold Path in Buddhism, and other such lists.

Compare them to the Doxology in Christianity.

There is more universal agreement than not on how best to live life most fully, abundantly, humanely, ethically and nurturingly.

Great post, my dear friend.

Enoch.

KatPen

How true!  There is so much more agreement between all of these goals of all the faiths or cultures than disagreement!  I couldn't have said it better!   

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KatPen   9 months ago

I really don't know if we have any African Americans members on the site. I hope that we do. I know we have Africans who read the site though. 

Enoch

\Dear Friend Katpen:

Just smiles.

E.

Kavika
link   Kavika    9 months ago

Each person has the right to follow the religion/belief systems of his or her choosing. It is not mans mission to determine if one is right and the other is wrong.

Live and let live. Do not force your religion on another group because you believe that yours is right and the other is wrong.

To those that celebrate Kwanzaa, may your have a joyous week.

Enoch
link   Enoch  replied to  Kavika   9 months ago

Well said, as always Brother Kavika.

Well said!

E

jwc2blue
link   jwc2blue  replied to  Kavika   9 months ago

Each person has the right to follow the religion/belief systems of his or her choosing.

No wonder I like you!

Now, if only we could get every leader of every religion to publicly say exactly that, on a world stage, every week for about ten years, there would be peace on Earth!.

All the take from the collection plates would drop by sixty percent, but...

Krishna
link   Krishna  replied to  jwc2blue   9 months ago

Now, if only we could get every leader of every religion to publicly say exactly that, on a world stage, every week for about ten years, there would be peace on Earth!.

Well, occasionally there's some positive news. And sometimes from a totally unexpected source:

King Of Bahrain Hosts Hanukka Candlelighting

Krishna
link   Krishna  replied to  jwc2blue   9 months ago

Well, occasionally there's some positive news. And sometimes from a totally unexpected source:

King Of Bahrain Hosts Hanukka Candlelighting

Krishna
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   9 months ago

Here's another!

Mayor Of London Sadiq Khan’s Chanukah Message:

(Khan is a Muslim and himself a strong opponent of all forms of bigotry including anti-Semitism)

Enoch
link   Enoch  replied to  Krishna   9 months ago

Dear Friend Krishna: Every contributions great.

Thanks.

All the Best in 2017.

E.

Enoch
link   Enoch  replied to  jwc2blue   9 months ago

Dear Friend jwc2blue: I am very far from being a world leader in my religious heritage.

Actually, I am closer to two plane flights, three bus transfers, four train and subway stops, five cabs, and a long six mile walk.

Most of what I do with my three forms of Rabbinical Ordination (Smicha. Yoreh Yoreh, Dayan Dayan and Maggid) and a Doctor of Divinity (Mehedrin Min Ha Mehedrin, Chochmah Musara U'bina and Gemilat Chassadim) is used in end of life and other one on one Pastoral care.

When I served as Rabbi leading Services, it was mostly at smaller, older, rural or center city urban Congregations who could not afford a full time or even access a part time Rabbi. The same at prisons, nursing homes, Hillel Foundation for students, faculty, staff, administration and locals, and military bases I waived fees and paid my own expenses. In the alternative I declared and paid taxes on earnings. Then added what I lost in taxes and donated it all back to the Congregations and pro9grams to help keep them going.    

I have been Senior Rabbi at established Congregations in my time.

All that said, I always advocated that each act as the Holy Spirit (Ruach Ha Kodesh) moves them. I support each doing what is right for them and theirs in whatever format that falls.

As religious role models go, G-d is at the top of my list. "El Ma' aleh Rachamim". From the Hymn, G-d filled with Mercy.

I stand in awe of a G-d who as part of the Divine plan built diversity into both the physical and metaphysical parts of the creation. None more or less than any other. Every soul equally beloved by our Creator.   

In each Congregation I led Services, as full time Senior Rabbi to guest Rabbi I make sure everyone feels appreciated, welcomed, valued and respected. The same is true when I was and am asked to guest preach, guest speak, etc. at Congregations in others heritages. We are all in this together.

Without exception, attendance, donations and volunteering always rise.

Being positive, encouraging, finding what people do right and recognizing it, giving them information to use, and being an enlightened role model who always asks more of myself than I do of others served me well by best being of service to others these seven decades.

Success in service to G-d through service to any and all of His equally isn't mutually exclusive to aiding religious organizations address the practical side of running an institution, organization or program.

"Shem tov como shemen tov" (Sefer Eeov Mea Esreem veh Echad: Book of Job 1:21) A good name is like a precious oil.

If people can trust you to address their needs, not you manipulating them for yours they will come, participate and support where you are as able.

Trust is paramount.

Good work my dear friend.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

E.

'             

KatPen

Friend, Brother, Teacher Enoch......    No wonder I call  you "Teacher".  You teach others the love of G-d and serve them with His love and your own.  Many blessings for your Service for Him.  Good and faithful servant, indeed.  

Enoch

Dear Friend Katpen: Right back atcha.

Smiles.

E.

Share This