╌>

Immigration Ban? If You're a Jew, You're Used to It

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jonathan-p  •  7 years ago  •  47 comments

Immigration Ban? If You're a Jew, You're Used to It

The media is making much of Donald Trump's "Muslim Ban", which incidentally, is not a ban on Muslims, but a ban on citizens of a certain 7 countries. It is a temporary freeze, and it will be made permanent, when it redefines the steps needed that people who wish to come to America must take. Therefore, it is not an all-out ban, but a program designed to prevent harm to our citizenry.

Now that this is clear, let us discuss what an all-out ban looks like.

For SEVERAL DECADES, the following countries have PERMANENTLY banned JEWS from setting foot in their country. Note that the list includes the 7 countries that are on our TEMPORARY list.

Algeria

Iran

Iraq

Kuwait

Lebanon

Libya

Oman

Saudi Arabia

Sudan

Syria

UAE

Yemen

Bangladesh

Brunei

Malaysia

Pakistan

Here's a list of countries that won't allow you in if you have evidence of having traveled to Israel:

Iran

Kuwait

Lebanon

Libya

Saudi Arabia

Sudan

Syria

Yemen

In conclusion, please spare me your indignation at the plight of people that we would like to be more careful with before we let them enter the country.

You've got nothing.

Nothing but your faux indignation. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P    7 years ago

The ban is temporary.

Jew hatred is permanent.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

Excellent. It really highlights the faux outrage of the left.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

It might not be a bad idea to adopt Monaco's immigration policy to keep the riff-raff out.

1) The applicant needs to open a bank account with a bank in Monaco. Depending on the bank they will ask for a minimum initial deposit of € 300,000 - € 1million. We can assist with the bank introductions. Once the Monaco bank account is open ( 7-10days) and funded, the bank will ,on request, issue the bank attestation ( letter) to the Surete Publique (Immigration) stating that the client has sufficient funds to support himself/herself in Monaco. If the applicant has a job offer in Monaco then a copy of the employment contract is required.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Monaco's not what you call an "open society". However, I do wonder who does all the maid service there....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

Compare to China's policy as to immigration and citizenship. China does not grant citizenship to anyone other than those who are racially Chinese. Even what is comparable to "green cards" is temporary. If a person qualifies, they can obtain visas for specific purposes and limited time periods. My visa is for the purpose of visiting family who are Chinese citizens (in my case, my wife), is valid for 3 years but renewable, and is granted only if I can establish sufficient income and/or capital to cover living expenses.

Compare that to America's policies.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

That's not very good is it Jonathan?

Some other people are getting the short end of the stick as well.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Truth, 6.

The earth has been turned on its ear.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Jews have been discriminated against for as long as I can remember.  From housing, jobs, clubs to jokes....it goes on and on. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

Are you American?  I'm curious because you seem to view everything from the lens of an Israeli.  This isn't just about Jews JP. You are highlighting ONE issue. This is about an American ideal.  You have completely missed the point and framed it in a little box and asked everyone to look but not open the box.  

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Are you American?  I'm curious because you seem to view everything from the lens of an Israeli.  

I am American. I was born and raised here, and am and have always been a full time resident. That said, I believe you fail to see the premise of this article.

This isn't just about Jews JP. You are highlighting ONE issue.

Yes, I am highlighting one issue. Many articles are highlights of one issue. This particular issue has to deal with the media labeled "Muslim Ban".

This is about an American ideal.

Really? Because if you ask me, it's about media manipulation, and faux indignation. Allow me to explain:

There is no BAN, unless you consider a 120 day suspension a BAN. It's a TEMPORARY suspension, until the government can figure out how best to handle immigration from these SEVEN countries that PRESIDENT OBAMA declared to be the most AT-RISK countries for immigration. The media has manipulated this issue into making everyone who opposes it to refer to it as a MUSLIM BAN. Are these 7 countries predominantly Muslim? Why, yes. Yes, they are. If you wish to refer to it as such, have at it.

The term brought to mind all of the countries that I cannot visit because I am a Jew. NOT an Israeli. A JEW. We're talking about RELIGION, not politics. MUSLIM BAN? Absolutely not. JEWISH BAN? You bet your sorry ass.

You have completely missed the point and framed it in a little box and asked everyone to look but not open the box.  

It's my article, and it was thought out prior to pushing the button. If you don't agree, state your case.

It's about religion. It's about the media talking about a faux Muslim ban, and it's about me pointing out a real Jewish ban.

Debate it, or deal with it, and move on.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

okie dokie

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

Whatever....you guys are nerds.  I have no problem with Jews and have a great respect for how they have persevered and how they rise to each challenge they continue to encounter but I hate Mr. Netanyahu.  This has nothing to do with how I feel about Jews and I'm tired of this narrative that anyone who dares say something outside the approved Jew talking points is accused of hating Jews.  

screminmimi
Freshman Silent
link   screminmimi  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

When you say you are "tired of the whining" that explanation about only disliking PM Netanyahu doesn't fly.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  screminmimi   7 years ago

Doesn't fly for who, you?  If my explanation doesn't work for you that's okay.  I don't think my opinions should work for everyone but it does work for me.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    7 years ago

If we are going to talk about bans on Jewish people, what about the American ban on Jewish people in the mid 30's?

You know the one that would not allow German Jews to escape the Nazi's?

(except for the real wealthy, the smartest scientists, the greatest composers, the wide range of Jewish culture and knowledge was not only allowed in but specifically invited. And fuck the common Jewish citizen, they were not only banned by presidential order, they were specifically rejected by law)

Trump has done nothing like the policy of the US government towards the European Jews during the Roosevelt administration.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

And if you are NOT aware of what NWM is speaking about, watch a couple of classic films: Voyage of the Damned (about the plight of the ship MS St. Louis) and Varian's War (about the efforts of Varian Fry to sneak the Jews out from Europe during WWII). They are not entirely historically accurate, but they do educate somewhat.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6    7 years ago

He is keeping his promise and putting it on pause, 120 days to be exact.     Did the liberals miss this?