╌>

So, that malicious prick in charge of the Universe gets board one day and tells you he's about to kill you "Just cause he can"

Category:  Anthropology & Archeology

Via:  arkansashermit-too  •  7 years ago  •  16 comments

So, that malicious prick in charge of the Universe gets board one day and tells you he's about to kill you "Just cause he can"

Pompeii.jpg

How would YOU react to your own imminent death?

Guy in Pompeii looks like he died wanking it

If you knew death was imminent, what would you do?

If a wave of hot, bubbling magma was flowing in your direction, would you hysterically plow through women and children in a futile attempt at escape? Or would you stoically accept this fate and allow yourself one last instance of pleasure?

We’d all like to at least believe we’d choose the latter, which is why hearts and minds alike were enraptured by this photo of a man who certainly looks like he was jacking it during the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the year 79.

Pompeii 2.jpg

If you’re unaware, the unfortunate victims of this eruption were buried for 1,700 years under 30 feet of mud and ash. When they were excavated in the early 1800s, some clever soul realized that, by pouring plaster of Paris into the voids in the compacted ash, molds could be made that captured the victims’ bodies, facial expressions, and final poses. And one such mold certainly looks to have captured a man in mid-yank.

After the above tweet went viral, people rallied in support around this hero, offering some quality zingers along the way.

3.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit    7 years ago

I hope I'll have the chutzpah to go out just like this brave soul, (my newest personal hero), with a smile on my face and a big "Frack You!" on my mind! lol

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

I'd prefer to be 'with' a woman when it's time, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit    7 years ago

Oops.

Just noticed I messed up the title but now I can't figure out where the edit button for the seed is.

Oh well, c'est la guerre.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

Top of the article there is a box that says ''update'' click on that and make your changes AH.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Top of the article there is a box that says ''update''

Thanks Kavika.  Just didn't look high enough this morning.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

This one is kind of cute.

However, unless people are accustomed to having been drowning in hot ash and boiling mud and lava, it seems it might be difficult to judge the man's body movements. He could have been simply writhing in pain at the moment he was 'freeze framed' for posterity.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

He could have been simply writhing in pain at the moment he was 'freeze framed' for posterity.

I had the same kind of thought John, though I imagined that he might of gotten gut stabbed by something, (like a piece of wood), that he was trying to pule out at his time of death.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

This could be slightly fake news. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

But the fun never ends when you're speculatin'!

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

This could be slightly fake news. This could be slightly fake news

True enough Dean but what Spikegary said. (smile)

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

If lava was headed my way, I start making lava lamps....

Hey, I'm an enterprising Indian....

Get you lava lamps and hemp robes here...

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

I would do my very best to do a 1 and a 1/2 twisting swan dive into the lava. If you're going to go, go in style. I am too old to jack off.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

The lesson from this is to not live too near a volcano. That way you can survive to masturbate many more times.