╌>

Time to go for a swim!

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  randy  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

Time to go for a swim!

It is 95 degrees (5am Western Time) having cooled off from West of 117 today. Tomorrow really (later today) is only supposed to be 108 (and that's,not too bad considering we've been averaging 114)/ The plain and simple truth is that anyone who thinks global weather change is not real has not looked at the desert Southwest Our high Temps have been records all year long (122 twice). We just had the hottest June on record and are on pace for the hottest and muggiest July ever. When my wife and I moved to the desert we figured we would have to put up with some heat through after living in Phoenix a few years ago, but this is different. This is much, much hotter earthier and lasting much longer. Soon it seems like the heat will be years round.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

Time to go into the pool because it's just plain too hot to go it during the day. To put it in terms that deniers understand, we are getting baked out here the day and if it keeps up we may have to sell our homes at a big loss to move to a cooler environment. It was not supposed to hot this time of year ...or ever here this soon and for this long.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

I remember visiting a friend who had just moved to Phoenix AZ one July 4th. While we were still sitting out by their pool just before midnight, the thermometer on the back porch still red 116 degrees. Even the night did not make much difference in the temperature. Even though it gets up to 115 degrees or more here in So Calif where I am, at least it does cool down pretty well at night.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

I was reading an article where the temps in the LA area could break 100 year old records this week.

Also Phoenix was 118 yesterday and more due today and this week.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

This is awful, and I'm so sorry you're in the oven that is the southwest!  Are you saying it is humid there, too?  EGADS, it is evaporating up all the soil moisture, and THAT's not good.  

We've had unseasonably hot and humid weather, too.  Of course here, that equals bad thunderstorms, even tornados...

Stay safe, dear Randy and Mrs. Randy!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Fortunately, we don't get a lot of humidity here in So Calif. I'm not that far from where Randy lives, even though he is further into the inland desert area than I am. It was 106 here yesterday and 107-108 here today. August and Sept are our hottest summer months with temps of 110 - 115 and up not unusual for us here.