╌>

Minneapolis officer shoots two dogs

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  randy  •  7 years ago  •  7 comments

Minneapolis officer shoots two dogs

A Minneapolis police officer shoots two service dogs while responding to a false alarm call, claiming they growled at him.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-40687687/minneapolis-police-officer-shoots-two-dogs

Go to the link and watch the video.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

From both camera angles it shows that this particular officer is a gutless pussy! There was no threatening behavior from the dogs at all!

Copy and paste it into your browser

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

For Christ sake the asshole shots two dogs that were not attacking then climbs over the fence and says to the daughter ''I shot them''' 

I hope that he and the police dept are sued to high heaven....

Recently a city had to pay over $1 million for shooting a dog and lying that the dog was attacking him. Video showed a whole different story.

The Minneapolis Chief of Police resigned today over the shooting of the Australian women.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Recently a city had to pay over $1 million for shooting a dog and lying that the dog was attacking him. Video showed a whole different story.

The same should happen here. Neither dog was in any manner threatening to the cop. In fact the video shows that the first one he shot was turning away from him when he fired! Also these are Service Dogs and would not growl at him, so his excuse is shit. At the very minimum he should be forced to pay the Vet bills and, if one or both dogs can not continue to be service dogs, he should be forced to pay to provide replacements as most service dogs are quite expensive.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Randy   7 years ago

$1.26 million

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I am glad to see these type of awards. It used to be that the most you could recoup was the market value of the dog itself since it was considered just a possession, such as a piece of furniture.

In this case I too hope the family sues and that the officer not be allowed anywhere near the Department's K9 dogs. Who knows how many Mr. Chickenshit would kill? The jury should also tack on several hundred thousands of dollars for the Officer's cowardice.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I hope that he and the police dept are sued to high heaven....

Although that might be desirable I am not expecting it . Pets are NOT given much in the way of protection under the law . Eg. look at all the pets who died due to contaminated pet food from China and the lack of legal action ...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

What the hell is with the Minneapolis Police Department?  Any intelligent person would never go there - it's more dangerous than Syria.