╌>

Shahin Najafi - Live (Berlin - Babylon) sentenced to death on 5/8/2012

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  kpr37  •  7 years ago  •  5 comments

Shahin Najafi - Live (Berlin - Babylon)  sentenced to death on 5/8/2012

Shahin Najafi - Botrie Nooshabeh - Live (Berlin - Babylon)

Shahin Najafi is an Iranian living in Germany. Here is a link to his videos, he was sentenced death on 5/8/2012 by the Isamic Republic of Iran.

Shahin Najafi was born in 1980 in Bandar-e Anzali , Iran . When he was six years old his father died and later his brother became a drug addict and also died. [4] He began writing poetry as a teenager and began learning the guitar in the classical and flamenco styles at the age of eighteen. He then became an underground artist in Iran , performing in both rock and Spanish music styles, working with various bands. [2]

He studied sociology at the University of Gilan and openly expressed his opinions about the university, leading to him getting expelled. [5]

Shahin has offended the sensibilities of the theocratic leaders of Iran and been declared an apostate in the eyes of the Ummah (theocratic community)

"The Salman Rushdie of music? Iran calls for killing of ‘apostate’ rap artist "

Ayatollah Safieh Golpayegani, a Shi’ite cleric based in the holy Iranian city of Qom, has issued a death sentence against rap artist Shahin Najafi for apostasy, the Persian-language Al Arabiya website reported on Wednesday.

The sentence was issued after Najafi released a controversial song called “Naqi.”

The song sparked a furor among protesters who believe it to be offensive to Imam Naqi, the tenth Imam in Shi’ite Islam.

News website Asr Iran, which is closely tied to the regime in Tehran, launched an online campaign calling for the hanging of Najafi. The website stated that the aim of the campaign was to have Najaficondemned for apostasy, a crime that carries the death penalty in Iran.

The campaign organizers have called on all Shi’ites and Muslims in general to find and kill Najafi and “send him to hell,” according to the website

Intellectual and artistic freedom is a necessary component in a "free" society, all challenges must be met with a firm resolve.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37    7 years ago

I like to remind everybody that Cat Stevens (Mr peace train himself) supported the death penalty for Mr. Rushdie, due to his exercising his freedom of speech. I wonder if he will support this sentence of death placed on the head of Shahin Najafi? the video of the shameful incident can be seen here.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    7 years ago

I guess that Shahin has some very real security around him. 

Great video also,,,thanks!

:~)

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

Great video also,,,thanks!

The dude playing the black guitar is just killing it with those blues licks!!!

I can't undersand a single word, but the singer's passion sure comes through.

(ps)

nice to run into you again.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

Yeah they have a really cool style,,,urban folk with a blues influence it seems.

Good to see you as well. I assume you and the Goddess are still hangin'? 

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

I assume you and the Goddess are still hangin'?

Yes, I'm. Celebrating as a matter of fact. A little amusing take on the contemporary state of goddess worship in America. Danu is still rejoicing.(LOL)