╌>

Leftists Get To Pretend Their Ignorance Is Moral Superiority

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  redding-shasta-jefferson-usa  •  7 years ago  •  149 comments

Leftists Get To Pretend Their Ignorance Is Moral Superiority
I am so tired of ignorance masquerading as moral superiority. I didn’t say anything when the ignoramus crowd clamored (and clamors) that Donald Trump didn’t win the popular vote. True. But meaningless. That’s not how we elect a president. If you don’t like the way we elect a president, work to change it. Unless and until it changes, don’t show your ignorance by braying that Donald Trump didn’t win the popular vote like it means something.

I didn’t say anything when the same ignoramus crowd brayed (and brays) that Donald Trump is not qualified to be president. I would refer anyone who cares to the actual requirements for serving as president. Since the year George Washington accepted the presidency, the legal requirements haven’t changed. A presidential candidate must be:

a natural-born citizen of the United States;
a resident for 14 years; and
35 years of age or older.
That’s it. That’s all it takes to be qualified. That’s how a peanut farmer, a former actor, and a reality television star all make the cut. Bray away, but you’re only embarrassing yourselves.

I didn’t say anything when the same ignoramus crowd plus Maxine Waters—clearly a crowd unto herself—intended (and intends) to impeach President Trump. Again I refer anyone who cares to the actual impeachable offenses: treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. Please don’t bore me with Russia. And don’t waste your time trying to convince any of the rabid set that they are irrational to the point of damaging the presidency, our national security, and our freedoms. It’s their religion. If their version of Jesus Christ—George Soros maybe?—appeared from on high and declared with celestial authority that there had been no collusion with Russia, the rabid would simply whoosh like a school of fish onto some other proof of treason, like Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin both bought the same kind of socks at a Men’s Wearhouse once.

For the truly ignorant, I point out that Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives and didn’t miss a day of work. The impeached official remains in office until conviction, and the Senate acquitted Clinton. Impeachment is not removal from office. Get a clue.

I started to speak up when royal blooming idiots with access to sensitive information sold fellow Americans down the river to embarrass an unembarrassable man. These same people probably thank soldiers, sailors, and airmen for their service when they encounter them in airports or restaurants or Boy Scout meetings. All the while putting them and their fellow troops at more risk. And then Hollywood goes and makes—I wish I could swear—a movie about Edward Snowden like he’s some kind of hero.

But now. Now, I am really enraged over the lunacy about North Korea. “Wait!” cry the ignoramus crowd from their fetid vat of moral superiority, “a preemptive strike is inappropriate”—or rash or unnecessary or overkill or whatever politic way they want to put it—“we can’t strike until Kim Jong-un takes out Denver.” Let’s see, we maybe save three million Korean lives now by foregoing a preemptive strike, but we almost certainly lose 20 million American lives later by waiting. After the 20 million of us are gone, who’s going to save the three million Koreans then, hmm? There’s a reason parents are instructed to put on their oxygen masks before helping their children. If the parent goes, there’s no hope for the child. If America goes, there’s no hope for the Korean peninsula. Or Israel. Or Western Europe. Or. Or. Or.

Great balls of fire, I’m mad.

So it’s Donald Trump’s fault that Kim Jong-un is a wack job? It’s Donald Trump’s fault that every president before him just bought bigger clothes, i.e., pretended we weren’t getting fatter, i.e., pretended North Korea wasn’t going gangbusters on its nuclear program. This whole “chickens come home to roost” thing only makes sense if you’re talking about the cowardice and ignorance of former presidents who let it be always the next guy’s problem. While taking full credit for making the world safer at the same time.

(Don’t make this a gender thing—we have enough problems without having to certify that it could be a gal but hasn’t been a gal but might be a gal and maybe even should have been a gal. We’re talking nuclear attack. Let’s save moving the deck chairs around on the gender Titanic for later.)

We’re here now. And if I weren’t already sure that nothing could be worse than Hillary Clinton as commander-in-chief, I would be sure that no one could be better than Donald Trump to protect our people and our country. If you think it’s evil to prioritize Americans over any other people on earth, I hate to tell you, but your ignorance masquerading as moral superiority is the epitome of evil.

It’s fine if you hate this country and think we don’t deserve to defend ourselves. Well, it’s not fine, but it’s your right as an American. And please note the irony of hating a country that gives you the freedom to hate it without fear of harm or death.

You know what’s sad? North Koreans think they are the luckiest people on earth. They’re eating tree bark but because they’re kept in total darkness about the state of the world, they feel sorry for the rest of us. Ignorance plus moral superiority equals North Korea. Ignorance plus moral superiority equals Americans who are hell-bent on taking the rest of us down with them.

Donald Trump is qualified to be president. He was duly elected to be president. He is the best commander-in-chief to steer us through a potential debacle with North Korea. Did you think this day would never come? Did you think that President Obama’s apology tour made everyone like us again? Did you think that Hillary Clinton was going to make Kim Jong-un—who is suspected of having his own brother killed, by the way—any less of a wack-job?

No matter what happens with North Korea, because of Donald Trump’s willingness to protect us at all costs, more Americans will be alive to continue braying that he didn’t win the popular vote, isn’t qualified to be president, and deserves to be impeached. If preserving and protecting our country means more ignorance will masquerade as moral superiority, well, you can’t win ‘em all. http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/14/leftists-get-to-pretend-their-ignorance-is-moral-superiority/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!    7 years ago

While Right Wing Nut Jobs CELEBRATE the TRUE IGNORANCE of their Glorious Leader the certifiably stupid idiot known throughout the world as The Trumplethinskin.

(You didn't "say anything when..."  I kind of doubt that.  No, I really doubt that.  This is NOT the first time we have seen you whine about this stuff.  Change your name and your avatar every five minutes.  Most people know who you are, what you have said and have dealt with you "saying" all kinds of crap.  I've seen it and I think I've only been on this site for about a month or so.  I can just imagine how much more of you "saying" stuff that others have read when you post your whining articles and bitchy comments.  Please.  This article is a complete joke.  YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!)

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

Hildabeast lost to  the worst person on the planet?  How horrible does that make her?

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Hildabeast lost to  the worst person on the planet? 

She beat his sorry ass by a generous 3 million votes (and another 8 million people who didn't want him either). The defective and horrible EC has now given the presidency to an incompetent, lying, childlike moron for the second time in 16 years.  The first one of them f**ked us good and proper and the current stooge looks like he's determined outdo him. 

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

in NY and CA.  So don't the other 48 get to be involved?

She lost to Obama as well.  The Obama voter didn't show up like they did in '08 an '12.  As an election judge I saw that first hand!

Dems are borrowed the reps playbook they used when they picked unelectable candidates in '08 and '12.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Hillary lost the popular vote for the office in over 30 states to win their EC votes. That she wiped him out in New York and California means nothing outside those two states.  

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

BTW, I am NOT a Leftist.

I'm not a Right Wing Nut Job either.

I don't even believe I'm a Centrist.

I disliked Hillary only slightly less than I disliked Trump.  The 2016 election was truly a choice between the lessor of two EVILS!

You never know how I'm going to land on any issue or any candidate, sometimes I don't even know.  I would have been happier with either Kasich or Sanders to choose from.  I could have happily voted FOR either one of them.  As it was I had to settle for voting AGAINST the worst of the two EVILS we had to choose from.  The FACT that the country was SPLIT, that one did win the Electoral Vote and the other did win the Popular Vote tells you how bad those choices were.  THEY SUCKED!  And the final choice we got stuck with really SUCKS!

However, I can tell you one thing for sure: I can smell bullshit a mile away, and this article is the smelliest load of bullshit I have had to smell in a long long time.  You really outdid yourself when you shoveled this load of shit!  Congratulations, but nobody is buying it.  

Or I should say there will probably be a few people who agree with this bull, but they will likely be the same kind of people who support Trump.  SAD!  The GOOD NEWS about that is: Trump's base of support is CRUMBLING!  The clock is ticking.  Trump is toast!  So, enjoy it while you can, it ain't gonna last much longer.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

BTW, I am NOT a Leftist.

If your words have meaning then you are demonstrating that you at a minimum lean left.  You claim that Hildabeast was only slightly better than Trump yet you go after Trump with the vengeance of a partisan dem.  So far you have not proven that you are not a leftist.  Why do you say you are not?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

You never know how I'm going to land on any issue or any candidate, sometimes I don't even know.

So you lack any guiding principles and simply flit from hot taek to hot taek as convenience dictates? 

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

That's a real BULLSHIT comment if there ever was one!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

I do like your first sentence:

I am so tired of ignorance masquerading as moral superiority.

I hate the White SUPREMACISTS Too!

Too bad your article went downhill from there.  You should have stopped while you were ahead.

Next time you might want to try to remember this:  When you find yourself is a hole, STOP DIGGING!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

Wait:  You actually wrote:

That’s all it takes to be qualified. That’s how a peanut farmer, a former actor, and a reality television star all make the cut. Bray away, but you’re only embarrassing yourselves.

YOU cite as justification President Jimmy Carter, who almost ALL the RWNJ's hate and claim was a totally ineffective president

YOU cite Ronald Reagan, the presidnet who gave us the FAILED Trickle-Down Reaganomics BS, and then claimed to have a poor memory during the Iran-Contra investigation.  (He was probably already suffering from Alzheimers by then.)

And finally YOU cite Donald Trump the current FAILURE-IN-CHEIF!

I'm not going to say you made some really bad choices there.  I'm not going to say it. Oh the HELL I'm NOT!  You made some really PISS-POOR CHOICES there.  You could have done a lot better, you had 45 presidents to choose from and you chose those!  That is the BEST YOU could think of?  SO SAD!

Look in the mirror my friend.  Then you will see who is really "braying away".

p.s.  James Earl Carter was a former United States Naval Officer and Governor of a state in addition to being a peanut farmer.  Reagan was a former Governor and served in the Reserve Army and Army Air Corps as well as being a for B-Movie Actor.  Trump, well, Trump was a Draft Dodger.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

And you wrote:

I didn’t say anything when the same ignoramus crowd plus Maxine Waters—clearly a crowd unto herself—intended (and intends) to impeach President Trump. Again I refer anyone who cares to the actual impeachable offenses: treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. Please don’t bore me with Russia. 

PLEASE!  You did say something.  You said a lot.  Don't deny it!  Stop denying the truth.

And about Trump's Impeachment:  It's going to happen unless he resigns first.  And when he resigns, he better get into his Trump airplane and skip the country because he may be going to prison.

You don't want to hear anymore about the Russian Collusion.  Tough titties!  You're going to hear more about it.  But I won't "bore you with it".  I will just point out that you forgot to mention Trump's VIOLATION of the Emoluments Clause in The U.S Constitution.  That alone is enough to IMPEACH him, CONVICT him, and EVICT him from The White House and send him to THE BIG HOUSE!

Get a clue.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

You wrote:

I started to speak up when royal blooming idiots with access to sensitive information sold fellow Americans down the river to embarrass an unembarrassable man.

You must mean like when Trump gave the Russians CLASSIFIED information in The Oval Office when he barred the presence of American journalists and only allowed Russian camera crews into The Oval to film that happy meeting with his fellow comrades.

That's what you mean right?  You should have spoke-up when Trump BETRAYED America then.

p.s. Nice word: unembarrassable.  You could have also used "arrogant".

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

So it’s Donald Trump’s fault that Kim Jong-un is a wack job? 

No.  But it is Trump's fault that Trump is a "wack job" too.  Trump owns that one, and that's why things have escalated so fast to almost the brink of war, because of 'Trump THE WACK JOB' and his stupid posturing and empty threats!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

It’s fine if you hate this country and think we don’t deserve to defend ourselves. 

Well, I'm surprised YOU think it's 'fine' to 'hate' America.  I don't.

I don't hate America.  I love my country.

I hate Trump.  He's a 'wack job'!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

You know what’s sad? North Koreans think they are the luckiest people on earth. 

Do YOU really know what North Koreans think?  I doubt it.  Based on the evidence of this article alone, you don't even seem to know what Americans think of America.  So SAD!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

And the rest of your article is just pure nonsense!

But, you are entitled to believe whatever you want to believe, and say what you want to say, even though you are completely and totally wrong about almost everything you wrote.  (I get that you're angry and mad, but you're probably mad at yourself more than anyone else.)

I really have enjoyed picking apart your nonsese article.  But, alas, all good things must come to an end.  It's late.  So I guess we'll see if anyone else has any thoughts to share when I fire up the old computer in the morning.

Thanks for whatever the hell it is you tried to say.  It was fun picking it apart piece by piece.

God Bless You!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

One final thought.

I am going to predict that you won't have the courage to let this article stand with my comments intact.  I predict you will be so embarrassed that you will probably take it down or delete it or whatever you can do to keep people from seeing and reading how really foolish your article is.

Prove me wrong.  I dare you.

G'night!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

Why would he? 

This pathetic attempt at fisking should embarrass you, not him. 

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

I never heard or read that word before.  I had to look up "fisking" to find out what it meant.

Then when I did find out what it meant, I realized that comment is one of the most FISKED-UP comments I have ever read.  It's more BULLSHIT just like the word "taek" whatever the hell that means!

I really wish people on these threads woild just use fucking plain old Goddamned English!  (Instead of trying to be cute.)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

I guess you lose since both your comments and the article are still here.  la de da

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

WTF?  Your comment makes no sense.  Have you been smoking that wacky-tobaccy?  Your comment is total nonsense. (And I'm not trying to "win" anything.  WTF is that all about?)

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Well said. It's the duty of the wise to educate the... not wise.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

It's the duty of the wise to educate the... not wise.

How the hell would YOU know?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

The author of the article seems oblivious to the fact that his words aren't exactly a promotional bell-ringer for Donald Trump.   

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

trump has said, " Words to me dont mean much, deeds are what counts."

In other words, I dont care what I say to get what I want.

nice !

o-what a leader of men....LOL NOT !

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Well, at least the "author" of this foolish article hasn't taken it down yet.  Maybe my prediction was wrong.  I've been wrong before, and admit it when I have been, though not very damn often.  

Or maybe the author of this article is still sleeping-in, as I haven't seen any replies from him at all.  Who knows.  Who cares?

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Or the author enjoys reading the rants

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

That's possible too.  But if all the author is doing is "reading the rants" as you say, then that could be kind of a demonstration of cowardice by not responding to them.  Are you calling the author a coward by implication?  Sure seems like you might have done that.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Not calling anyone a coward.  Name calling doesn't promote a conversation.

I also enjoy watching the apoplexy of the left as they rant.  It's almost as much fun as watching the birthers turn themselves into pretzels in Obama's first term.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

It's almost as much fun as watching the birthers turn themselves into pretzels in Obama's first term.

Like the BIG BIRTHER - Donald J. Trump.  Right?

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Like the BIG BIRTHER - Donald J. Trump.  Right?

That's right! He is one of them for sure!

All of that birther nonsense just because Obama's grandfather couldn't bear to have commie Frank Marshall Davis known as the father of his grandson.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

All of that birther nonsense just because Obama's grandfather couldn't bear to have commie Frank Marshall Davis known as the father of his grandson.

Do you have any PROOF that Davis was at all related to Barack Obama?  If so, show it now.  I've never seen any.  No one has ever been able to prove that as far as I know.  Sounds like a big fat lie to me.  So, let's see YOUR PROOF, okay?

ausmth
Freshman Silent

It was the worst kept secret out there.  Obama even called him "Pops" in his book.

Like father like son.  You be the judge of the pictures.

The one I find funny is the WND link.  WND was huge in the birther movement and now they show evidence that Obama NEVER had birther issues.  Kind of shot down all of their own reporting for sure!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

That's not proof.  Show me PROOF!  Or quit spreading lies.  Thanks!

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Pictures mean nothing to you?

Think what you want.

Lies?  get some Obama dna and the proof will happen quickly.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

PROOF!  All you provided were links to OPINION pieces.  That is NOT PROOF in anyone's book.  And, no, pictures don't mean shit.  Ever hear of PhotoShop?

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Nothing will convince you will it?  Fine with me.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

PROOF will convince me, but you haven't provided any PROOF yet.  When you have the PROOF let me know.  Until you can PROVE it, its just so much bullshit.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Obama wrote this at age 19.  Senior was long out of the picture.  Obama did have a relationship with Davis.  So who was the poet Obama was talking about?  The only one he knew, Frank Marshal Davis.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

There are none so blind as those who will not see. 

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

it was davis that took the pictures of obama's mother posing naked--he also had a fetish for taking pics and writing about black -white sex.

Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

So blacks and whites having sex with each other is something repugnant to you?  Please do tell us more.  And also, too, more: Comment removed for CoC violations [ph]. 

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

More bullshit.  WordPress is NOT proof of anything.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

So do you really think the mainstream media will show the pics?

You see no family resemblance between Obama and Davis and Davis' kids?  Did you bother to look? 

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

I did look, but IT'S STILL NOT PROOF!

I have a doppleganger.  Someone who looks exactly like me, but we are not at all related.  So what!

You probably have one too.  BFD!  PICTURES ARE NOT PROOF!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

Hey!  How about a few links to naked pictures of Melania Trump?  There are lots of them out there on the net.  Post some of them okay!

ausmth
Freshman Silent

They are probably someone who looks like her?

Are you allowing your partisanship to decide what is and isn't?

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

Nope, because I am NOT a partisan. and have no partisanship to get in my way.  And Melania was a nude model, so they are definitely her.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

I still call you on partisan.  Any proof that you are not?

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

I still call you on partisan.  Any proof that you are not?

You can call me anything you want to.  But it's ON YOU to provide the proof.  Not me.  You make the accusation, you back it up and prvide the proof.  But, you can no more prove that than you can prove there is any DNA connection between Davis and Obama or that picture is Obama's mother.  You have proven NOTHING so far.  Like Trump --- EPIC FAIL!

ausmth
Freshman Silent

The proof of your partisanship is in every post you write.

Someday some enterprising PI wanting to make a name for himself will manage to get Obama's dna and get it compared to Davis offspring.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

They would be better than Obama's mom!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

To trash a former president's dead mother is a new height for vileness. Disgusting.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Nobody forced her to pose!  The Obama family does no wrong and the Trump family does no right?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

This isn't the place to explore your fetishes.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

First of all, your link takes us to a page that discusses this story appearing in American Renaissance , which is white racist web site. Congratulations. 

Second, the slander that the woman in the photos was Obama's mother Stanley Ann Dunham  has been repeatedly and convincingly debunked. 

Here is one.

" This picture appeared in   Exotique   #23, on page 22.   In 1958 . When Ann Dunham was only 15 years old. Two years before Ann Dunham even   moved   to Hawaii.

It can also be found reprinted in volume 2 of the  3-volume Exotique hardcover collection .

We may never know who the mystery model is. But the Dunham family didn't move to Hawaii until the summer of 1960. Unless Ann Dunham had access to a time machine in the 1960s,  it simply cannot be her ."

If you want to fling garbage , you will need a stronger arm. 

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Photo's are always suspect but the relationship with Davis isn't.  The timeline for Davis being the father does work.  The relationship Obama had with Davis is real and the source of that is Obama.

Someday Obama will slip up and his dna will be obtained and compared to the Davis kids.  With the advent of tough dna I am surprised it hasn't happened.  One of the pens he used to sign a law would be a real catch.

Davis as father puts poor Orly into a real funk and out of business.  Too bad so sad!  Of all of the reasons to dislike Obama the birther one was the lamest.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Your sources are garbage. 

One of them linked to a racist website. 

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent

Speaking of "rant", which you are:

I also enjoy watching the apoplexy of the left as they rant.

A "rant: is defined as:

"Speaking or shouting at length in a wild, impassioned way, or a spell of ranting, a tirade"

That sure does descibe what the author wrote and posted above.  The author seems to be the one who actually "RANTED"!

Thanks for clearing that up!  

This was not an article at all.  

It is simply a RANT!  

(Or maybe it's really a "screed", which is "a long speech or piece of writing, typically one regarded as tedious." which really describes it much better.)

p.s. By "The Author" I really mean Donna Carol Voss, the real author of this screed, copied from The Daily Bawler.  Not the guy who just copied it. It doesn't take any brains or thought to copy and paste.  You know what I mean?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Well I'm not the author but I think he meant seeder.  I went to work then was with family before responding to an extended family emergency.  

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

we have a classless childlike authoritarian megalomaniac as president now, Protect us.....LOL 

this man cant even tell us the truth, all he does is play negotiation games and manipulate reality to promote his own desires. An Alt-universe is not where I live nor home for anyone I know.. 

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

And YOUR comment is absolutely the MOST TRUTHFUL and MOST HONEST and MOST ACCURATE comment on this entire thread.  

Thank you!

Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    7 years ago

I am so tired of ignorance masquerading as moral superiority.

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

Removing it doesn't change the fact that my comment hit the dead center of the bullseye.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Glad you posted the article.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

So am I!  It's a real piece of work!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

Look, Squirrel, if you don't like it just move along.

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

No.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

I'm glad you liked the article.  I bow to you

Ryarios
Freshman Silent
link   Ryarios    7 years ago

The left will burn down your city and steal everything you own and tell you it's for your own good - or their other famous position - you need pay your fair share.  They can't define that but they use it all the time. 

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Ryarios   7 years ago

Example?  Proof?  Or is that simply your rhetorical bullshit?

Ryarios
Freshman Silent
link   Ryarios  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

Like Ferguson, Baltimore, etc.  How many times have you heard someone say or saw someone print, "You need to pay your fair share!"  When they can't honestly define what that is?  Who's passing all the soda taxes?  The list could go one for days. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ryarios   7 years ago

They won't come to mine.  It's 200 miles from Oakland/SF AND once they reach I-5 there will be 120 miles of Jefferson rural counties and towns for them to go through just to get here.  

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02    7 years ago

glad you posted this ..

one of the BIG reasons trump was elected was because of the smugness and dismissiveness dems and libs showed to the majority of the country and their ideas were rejected wholesale.

the libs/leftists just refuse to believe there could be other viewpoints that are just as valid as they believe theirs to be..obama was as incompetent as they come, he was a community organizer that tried to change the country into something only a small minority wanted and it has turned out to be a disaster on all fronts foreign and domestic..

you see what is happening with the media and the american public recognize it for what it is. a complete smear job because america did not vote the way they told them to..how dare americans think differently than "we tell them what to think" is what one idiot on MSNBC said.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

Well said Katlin.  applausethumbs up

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

the title amused me.

The only folks in my life that ever tried to shove their "Moral superiority" down my throat have been conservatives who believed they had the right to tell  me how I should look, dress, act, think and behave.

Most were pretty unhappy when they realized they didn't have that right at all.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

I guess you missed out on the PC movement.  That is a tool of the left.

Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

I guess you missed out on the PC movement.  That is a tool of the left.

While projection permeates everything the right says, thinks and does. 

Ryarios
Freshman Silent
link   Ryarios  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

LOL, true.  The left looks at you like a deer in the headlights when you mention it to.  It doesn't' compute. 

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

yah we know--how dare an employer tell someone that they won't hire them when they come in covered in tatoos', body piercings, and won't pull up their pants..

act and look how you want , but don't bitch when no one wants to associate with or accept the way they look, talk and behave.

and yes it is the left pushing the PC culture of what they will allow anyone else to say--that didn't work either.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

For a fact, Katlin.

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

be like others if that's want you want to be, I'll be what I want.

I realize I only have one life and I decided long ago to live it how  I   see fit, not anyone else.

PS: I didn't need the approval of anyone to become successful and to have a full happy healthy life. 

I did need to get the hell out of the poor never changing midwest to do it though.

What a shame so ,many are still sitting in the middle of cornfields and baseball fields waiting for the government to make cornfields and baseball fields into a thriving economy. O now we call them trumpetts !

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

i know alot of people in those cornfields and they are there because they are where they want to be and enjoy the life---to them llving in a city and fighting traffic, crime or living on the teet of welfare is hell...

to each there own, but you might want to think about those poor hicks in the cornfields as being somewhat beneath you, when you go to the grocery store and buy their hard work.

and yah they did vote for trump over dems or hillary and you might want to ask WHY--but   then you wouldn't like or accept the answer.

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

"i know alot of people in those cornfields and they are there because they are where they want to be and enjoy the life-"

I agree, I still have family there. They are some of the ones still  living in poverty waiting for the government to FIX their world.

BTW:  Many aren't real happy there, But, many are too broke, too stupid, to scared, too stubborn  or just too lazy to retrain and relocate to where they could have a better life.    

PS: I  still don't think trump will or can fix the midwest either.  

katlin02
Freshman Silent

if they are waiting for the gov to "fix their world" then they must be democrats because that is what they do..bitch and moan that others are not giving them a bigger share of what others have and earned...ie..the obamaphone people.

trump voters on the other hand asked the gov for one thing actually 2 or 3-- 1. get the hell out of the way with fewer regulations, 2. repeal obamacare, ( gov has no business paying for insurance) and 3. build the wall....nothing there about gov "giving them something--dems on the other hand are holding out their hands for more and more gov goodies--all paid for by the rich (smirk).

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

trump voters on the other hand asked the gov for one thing actually 2 or 3-- 1. get the hell out of the way with fewer regulations, 2. repeal obamacare, ( gov has no business paying for insurance) and 3. build the wall....nothing there about gov "giving them something--dems on the other hand are holding out their hands for more and more gov goodies--all paid for by the rich (smerk).

And the FACT IS Trump has NOT come through on any of those three items or any of the OTHER LIES he campaigned on to get your vote.  He lied to you people.  Time to wake up and smell his bullshit!

SMERK!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

''the obamaphone people''...I'm sure that your mistaken on that Katilin, the first cell phone was given out 3 months before Obama became president. I guess you meant to say the ''Bushphone''...If you really want to be accurate you could call it the Reaganphone since that was when it first started. It was called ''the lifeline program''. 

Speaking of dems and handouts, it seems that as many if not more Trump voters are on government assistance then dems...Damn how do you explain that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Don't frighten her with facts Kavika.

Sophomore Guide

"and yah they did vote for trump over dems or hillary and you might want to ask WHY--but   then you wouldn't like or accept the answer."

The answer is they want the government to FOX their world, the midwest. THey voted for less government but actually want the government to fix it all for them... I think its ironic as hell !!

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

"The answer is they want the government to FOX their world,"

Freudian slip ?

FIX  their world !!

Ops , lol

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

Look I love somethings about the midwest, I was born there. 

But I also realized at an early age that the midwest had real  financial problems and had had for decades.  I Was not willing to sit there waiting for the government to change that. many people I knew were and still are 40 years later. 

In my opinion they have wasted their lives waiting. I didn't, I retrained relocated and returned to working full time at a higher paying field with steady year around work. I built a nice comfortable financially secure happy life  for myself meanwhile I still listen to people and family in the midwest bitching about how poor they are and that nothing never changes.

We ll I say get off your lazy ass and change your own damn world if your that fukin unhappy. I did !

I hear the same damn thing every winter from distant family I still have in Illinois, we can't find work... Duuu

MOVE !   It never changes there, Don't you get it ? Cornfields and baseball fields will probably never make for a thriving economy ! 

So Enjoy that life if you choose but I'll bet trump can't change the financial problem there either. 

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

I hope you have a lawn to plow so you can grow your own food Steve.  I am getting so fed up with elitist city folk I think they should learn to enjoy asphalt.  I hear it tastes like chicken!

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

give me a  cornfield anyday over the hood with gang bangers, drugs and riots..

for them to think of themselves as superior to anyone in the rural areas is at best a joke...it is a known fact that 75% of hillary voters are on welfare, food stamps and or medicaid--

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

Nothing beats my view from my sun porch.  3k acres of pristine Ozark forest.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Liberals would starve to death while complaining that no one was feeding them. Like children.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Country boy will survive!

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

And many of you POOR country boys will still hate being Poor all their lives. Enjoy away !!!

BTW: trumpetts are depending on the same government they want to shut down to fix their world,,,

How is that not some of the Funniest shit you've ever heard ?

I find it Ironic as Hell !!

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Well Steve I was born in one of those poor Ozark counties.  I left the city and moved back.  My avatar shows my fly tying bench.  Not a bad view for a mobile home park.  The Ozarks have been  Republican since Wilson.  The anti government attitude goes back a long way.

While some think success is a large bank account we don't.  Success is meeting the needs of your family.  Success is a large extended family that still gets together to overeat at holidays.  Success is helping your neighbor when they need it.  Success is doing the right thing not to get something in return but because it's the right thing.

Jobs in the Ozarks have been growing.  Why?  Because of those ethics found in the people living here.  Are there problems?  What place doesn't have them?

Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

" What does success mean to you? "

There are many things you can say. This type of question doesn't have a wrong answer. All answers will be correct. So the best answer is how good you can make the answer.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Well said Steve!

Like I told Big Bore, I like conversing with you.  When your posting goes beyond the Trumpette rhetoric and into the meat of the subject you rock!  You have enough to say that you can say it without the divisive rhetoric.  I learned that a couple of years ago on the vine.

Sophomore Guide

thanks again. My use of the word trumpetts is divisive I know. But it also illustrates just how cultish they are .

Many times I just call them  trump followers. 

ausmth
Freshman Silent

I understand that.  I have gone to a more generic left or right, dem or rep terminology in my conversations.  Sometimes divisive words can drown out the other words in a post.  Why bother posting if you don't want a conversation?  That's why I ignore some of the left on this site as I did on NV.  They have nothing to say beyond partisan talking points and hate.

Sophomore Guide

Why bother posting if you don't want a conversation? 

Because my term describes how I feel about them and I'm not much for hiding how I feel about stuff.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

That works for you I see.  Have you thought about what you miss because you use the term?  It's like the old saying about catching more flies with honey than vinegar.

I am going to be out for a while trying to get that fly rod finished.  Have a good one Steve.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Liberals would starve to death while complaining that no one was feeding them.

The government isn't feeding me or anyone in my extended liberal family.  It's your red state white trash compatriots who are dependent.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

"It's your red state white trash compatriots who are dependent."  

Interesting slur.  Would it pass the substitution test?  Substitute blue for red and black for white.  That would be fine with you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

it is a known fact that 75% of hillary voters are on welfare, food stamps and or medicaid--

let's see your source for that.

btw, food stamps , welfare, and medicaid can all go together.  someone who is on welfare is definitely going to get food stamps and medicaid

but let's see where you got this info

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Trump's proposed cuts to food stamps will hurt his voters

Of the 10 states with the highest share of residents receiving SNAP assistance, seven went to Donald Trump in the 2016 election.

State

Pct. of total votes Trump received

Pct. of population enrolled in SNAP
New Mexico 40.0% 22.4%
Mississippi 57.9% 20.0%
District of Columbia 4.2% 19.7%
West Virginia 68.6% 19.6%
Louisiana 58.1% 18.6%
Oregon 40.6% 18.2%
Alabama 62.7% 17.8%
Florida 49.0% 17.3%
Georgia 51.0% 16.8%
Tennessee 61.1% 16.8%

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I suppose you are going to tell me that all the food stamp recipients in those states are black Clinton voters.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Nope. I pay for my food like we are supposed to 

Ryarios
Freshman Silent
link   Ryarios  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

I live in the mid-west and am not waiting for anyone from the government for anything.  I learned from the last 8 years not to expect anything from them.  You have to be a minority for that to happen.   On the other hand, I live a very comfortable life with reasonably priced goods, vastly cheaper land and housing, far lower taxes and massively lower energy costs than either coast. Even the traffic people complain about here is far better at it's worst than the coasts are at their best.  So somehow the mid-west is the shitty part of the country?  LOL.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Ryarios   7 years ago

I'll take the view from my fly tying bench to anything that can be found in the city.

Ryarios
Freshman Silent
link   Ryarios  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Exactly.  I walk out the door and its green everywhere.  I take a deep breath and I get the smells of flowers and plants and trees. I drive down the freeway and there's a lot of green around it.  Live in the city and walk out of your hose to see cement and breathe car exhaust for air.  you drive down the road and you see more cement and heavier smog.  Sounds fun.  When I lived in CA long ago, we used to joke that we refused to breathe any air we couldn't see...

The evening before last we had some massively and wonderful lightening storms here.  Yesterday it rained so hard you could barely see across the road.  When it was over the water ran off or soaked into the ground.  In a big city that kind of rain would have caused huge flooding. If LA had gotten a rain like that it - and the flooding - caused would have been the lead story on every news broadcast in the US. 

The only downer is now they are forecasting partly sunny skies for Monday's eclipse...

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Ryarios   7 years ago

The only downer is now they are forecasting partly sunny skies for Monday's eclipse...

They happen five times on earth in a two year period.  I don't see what the fuss is about.   I guess it's because of the totality of this one.