╌>

I Understand Your Frustration. You Choose Not to Understand Mine

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jonathan-p  •  7 years ago  •  24 comments

I Understand Your Frustration. You Choose Not to Understand Mine

This past weekend, our country was given a taste of what it's like to allow extreme elements the unfettered access that We, The People at large have grown accustomed to. In the name of the First Amendment, a peaceful protest was commandeered by violent elements, and anarchy ensued. An innocent woman died, and the perpetrator is not at all remorseful. People waved Nazi flags, fanning the flames of hatred. There were people that reacted violently to this, which caused the event to spiral into violence.

Here's where I understand your frustration. 

The President of the United States insists that both sides were to blame for this fiasco. I'm not really interested in how right he may be; maybe he's 10% right. Maybe more; maybe less. It doesn't matter. It was the Neo Nazi presence that gave rise to the violence. The blame SHOULD HAVE been laid at the feet of them, and them alone. To say it any other way would send the discussion down a slippery slope that we have no business entering into. Both sides are NOT to blame.

Like you, I am deeply frustrated that a group that should by all accounts be illegal, was allowed to foment instability and violence in our country. I am so frustrated that this scourge is somehow alive and well in our country. I am so frustrated that, in the name of Free Speech, a group with malicious intent was allowed to congregate in public and wreak their havoc. Both sides are NOT to blame.

Now, take a shot at understanding me.

For the last 70 years, the Arab/Islamic world has been trying to destroy Israel, the Jewish State. It took 2,000 years to once again have a Jewish homeland, and ever since, those who hate Jews have tried over and over again to destroy her. It's NOT because of land. It's NOT because of politics. It's NOT because of Zionism. It's because of anti-Semitism, which exists for time immemorial, and was institutionalized by the Nazis in 1933. Every excuse is made to marginalize the plight of Israel, as they must endlessly defend themselves against this hate. 

As we witness this hatred and incitement every day, we hear an undertone from governments and the media. BOTH SIDES must exercise restraint. BOTH SIDES are to blame for this impasse. BOTH SIDES blah, blah, blah.

Sorry.

Wrong.

Open your eyes and understand that the Islamic world allied itself with the Nazis. Understand that they had a hand at anti-Semitism long before Hitler was a gleam in his parents' eyes.

Understand ME for once.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P    7 years ago

It's not different. It's exactly the same, because it comes from the same place.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

Great article. Some won't see it though.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

JP!  I've missed you.  Don't worry I know you missed me too.  I won't make you say it.  

What a brilliant way to get your point across.  Bravo

user image
Freshman Silent
link       7 years ago

08/15/17 06:26:53PM @jonathan-p:

It's not different. It's exactly the same, because it comes from the same place.

Does that include the 1% that cause the 73% problems that keeps asking the 99% for more rights/freedoms to create even more " Problems"?

https://www.cdc.gov/std/healthcomm/stdfact-stdriskandoralsex.htm

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Both sides were at fault.  We excluded the KKK from our vocabulary many years ago.  I was surprised to learn that this group in most prevalent in Montana....who would have thought? Not in my beautiful South, but in Montana and Wyoming....go figure.  And, yet the South gets the blame for their existence!

Hear me loud....it is not AL, MS, GA, VA. TX........it is Montana!

So, get a grip on all your shit about the South.  We are over the KKKK a long time ago.  David Duke means nothing to us....a has been. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

FYI:

David Duke

Successful run in special election for Louisiana House seat

Duke, with 8,459 votes (50.7%), defeated Treen, who polled 8,232 votes (49.3%). [27]  He served in the House from 1989 until 1992. [28]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

You are correct-- here are the 10 States With the Most Hate Groups .

(Use the < and > symbols to advances the pictures...the name of each state is directly under the lower left corner of each picture).

(#1 is Montana, #2 is Idaho).

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Magnoliaave,

Where did Jonathan mention the south? He is talking about the people who gathered there in the name of hate. He is talking about this:                                                                         

Screen Shot 20170815 at 11.44.50 PM.png

And for the record this was not taken at the rally over the weekend. It was taken a month ago. Do you see the poster saying that Jews are the children of Satan? Are you cool with that?

I'm not.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Neither am I.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Of course not!

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

the midwest is the real problem area of America. Cornfield and baseball fields dont make for a thriving economy and probably never will.  But the people there still sit and wait for the government to fix their world.

Enter trump.

I saw the solution long ago....MOVE !

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

and probably never will.  But the people there still sit and wait for the government to fix their world.

Enter trump.

But perhaps the worst of all is West Virginia-- people there are under the illusion that coal mining is coming back-- and waiting for the government (in the personal of Donald Trump) to fix the problems there:

NY Times: Trump support highest in WV

Not the deep South. Not the Rocky Mtn states. But rather-- in the heart of coal mining country.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

There is much more to the Midwest than corn and ball fields.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

It's NOT because of land. 

But...but...what about THE OCCUPATION! And Israel's YUGE colonial Empire-- covering as it does most of the known world?

/sarcasm

Image result for israel and the arab world

Key to Map: There are 55 Islamic countries (shown in here in green).

Israel's YUGE Empire is shown in red. (That includes "Israel proper"  and all occupied territories).

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Nobody gives a shit, Krishna. Israel has its share of the blame for its failure in public relations, which would have helped to provide the real evidence of Israel's historic and legal right to exist.  But Israel and Israelis are arrogant. I had a number of Israeli clients before I retired from my law practice, and I've been to Israel more than once myself, so I know of what I speak.  The Palestinian/Arab/Muslim propaganda has been so endless (the PA arrests journalists who publish anything other than the Palestinian "victimization") and the PC and "underdog" supporters soak it up.  If you were the grandson of a refugee being supported by UNRWA why would you want to make an independant life for yourself?  Better to continue to languish and feed your hatred, maybe become a martyr so your family will be supported.  I am sick of it all already. For sure there will not be peace for Israel in MY lifetime, and I doubt that there will be in my grandchildren's lifetime as well.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

By the way, prepare yourself for increasing the green on that map.  I have read that if current trends continue, even CANADA will become majority Muslim by 2050, and THAT is so, it won't take long for Europe.

Creep away, Caliphate, creep away. The naive fools in the "free" world will not stop it, but will shut up and declare to be haters those who are the canaries in the coal mine.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

I can't agree that someone (regardless of how stupid they are) are to blame for someone else using violence to silence them.  Once you 'outlaw' certain groups, what's to stop the government form outlawing groups that are more moderate?  You know, just in case?  Why hasn't Antifa been outlawed yet?  They publicly call for violence against people they dislike.  It's a slippery slope once you get started.

Don't get me wrong, those who identify as KKK or Nazi are idiots in my book, but because they are haters doesn't mean they aren't allowed to speak.  What was the saying that was plastered everywhere after the passing of the Patriot Act?  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

As to tying this to Israel and Palestinians?  I've thought the Palestinians were wrong and continue to be wrong every time they attempt to use violence to achieve their goals and support Israel's response to unprovoked attacks, though I'm not sure why the author linked these together.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Hey Spike,

My basis for linking the two topics has to do with the way the world looks at very similar situations, yet comes to very different moralistic conclusions. My take on Virginia is that the Neo Nazis were to blame for the events. Again, if you'd like to assign some small percentage of the blame to those that confronted them, that's fine. Just know that when you do that, you are clouding the real problem.

In the situation in Israel, there is the story of a people that endured persecution from the beginning of time. That did not end with UN Resolution 187. The Jews have been, and continue to be an object of hate for a significant portion of the world. The main thing that gets in the way of stopping this is the constant declarations of world bodies, governments and the media who interminably blame BOTH SIDES for the problem. Again, when this is done, it clouds the real problem, which is the same real problem that was manifested in the events in Virginia this past weekend.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

Fair point.  I don't see that the Neo-Nazi movement in the U.S. is anything more than a group of assholes that will never gain any real powers, as opposed to the Nazi Party of 1930s Germany.  They are just another group of assholes that think they are right.  The majority of the country, by 99% plus, I would say, repudiates that kind of thinking and action.

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago
I thought Elder of Ziyon had a good tweet about the subject

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

Yes, but as Getraer so astutely posited, there is a time and place for each one, to his own. As it relates to the Virginia incident, it is the Nazis that bear all the blame.

We will have plenty of time and chances to point out the atrocious behavior of the others.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

That was the exact attitude that the German rank and file took towards the Nazis. I do not hold out hope for them to gain any kind of power in our country, but they have more support than anyone is willing to admit. It's our responsibility to remain girded against anything they do to reach the public eye, INCLUDING parceling out share of any blame that included  them. They are ALWAYS to blame.

Completely.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

I understand you don't know much about the history of the middle east. If you want to blame someone for the mess the middle east is, you should be blaming the French and British. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

The pallies are the real blame. They pay those who kill any Jews.