╌>

Elder of Ziyon tweet.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kpr37  •  7 years ago  •  25 comments

Elder of Ziyon tweet.

DHOlTZ2XYAEflyZ.jpg

The tweet is from Elder of Ziyon. A left of center blogger. http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37    7 years ago

Be part of the solution not part of the problem. It's like the Spanish civil war. There is no right or wrong side. Just crazy violent people, using violence for personal or political gain.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

Do you really see "equivalence"?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

There's a Valley in Spain called Jarama....

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Do you see equivalence?

Krishna
Professor Expert

No....Vive La Quince Brigada!

¡No pasarán!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Venga Jaleo

My late uncle was in the Internaional Brigade in Spain, fighting against the Fascists. I was very proud of him. When that was over he joined the Canadian Army and fought the Nazis in Holland. He brought me back a great souvenir, a German officer's fancy bayonet and sheath.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

The engagement of all the "Empire" nations was nothing short of admirable. Great Britain never stood "alone".

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

My late uncle was in the Internaional Brigade in Spain, fighting against the Fascists.

Wow!

I didn't have any relatives that fought there as far as I know. But I did grow up listening to 78 rpm records such as this one:

six_songs.jpg

Six Songs for Democracy  was originally recorded in Spain in June 1938 during an air raid on Barcelona. One of the records bore a sticker reading: “The defective impression of this record is due to interruptions of electric current during an air raid.” The soloist and organizer of this recording was the great German working-class tenor Ernst Busch, backed by a chorus of members of the Thäelmann Battalion, the war’s German volunteers. It was released in the United States by Keynote Recordings in 1940, to great  success.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Buzz-- are you by any chance familiar with this 78 rpm album by Paul Robeson?

Image result for chee lai

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

No. Never heard of it. Paul Robeson had a magnificent voice.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

My uncle Johnny (my mother's brother) who was in the Intenational Brigade in Spain, and then with the Canadian Army in WWII Holland.

Family Johnny LeesMiller.jpg

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

There is no right or wrong side. Just crazy violent people, using violence for personal or political gain.

I disagree. There is a right side. Yes the Racist Alt-Right, White Supremacists, the Klan and the Nazis (They are not Neo-Nazis, they are real Nazis), have the right to free speech and the right to assemble peacefully, which the seem to have a problem doing. That said they do not have the right to try to put into motion the violent overthrow of the American government and establish a White Protestant Christian only nation here without real Americans doing all that is legally possible to stop them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

A left of center blogger. 

But...the "center" cannot hold!

Krishna
Professor Expert

A left of center blogger. 

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

--Billy Y.

Krishna
Professor Expert

kpr-- I am very familiar with that left of center blogger to which you refer Wink

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

The name he uses troubles me - it is, with a slightly different spelling, connected to a fraudulent anti-Semitic blood libel against the Jews.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Yes! Me, too.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

What is...Guernica?

(Anybody want to buy a vowel?)

f05cd2c978ed5176b84661861f1dd7c351388370.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Picasso painted a famous picture of the bombing of Guernica - it is a place in Spain bombed by the Fascists during the Spanish Civil War.

Oh, I just noticed that you posted it - it did not show up until I posted this comment.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Picasso painted a famous picture of the bombing of Guernica - it is a place in Spain bombed by the Fascists during the Spanish Civil War.

Oh, I just noticed that you posted it - it did not show up until I posted this comment.

I actually did get to see the painting in person. Impressive-- and its very, very large.

Krishna
Professor Expert

BTW I was in Spain when Franco & his Fascist gov't was still in power! I saw members of th e Guardia Civile -- and at the time they still wore that famous Trocornio (3 cornered hat)

Image result for guardia civil spain tricorn

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

I, too, was in Spain during Franco's rule - Malaga, Marbella, Madrid and Toledo.  I was in the Prado where I saw great painings by El Greco, and in one room the Naked Maja was on one wall and the Clothed Maja was on the opposite wall, but I don't recall seeing Picasso's Gruernica (which is considered his hasterpiece).  I guess it wasn't in the Prado.  One thing I recall was being in the clock room of the Royal Palace, and almost getting busted taking photos of the main Madrid Police Station from inside its courtyard - I didn't know it was the police station.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

The firebombing of Dresden, the blitz of London, Hiroshima... all of them were atrocious.

But can any normal human being compare them with Auschwitz?

Krishna
Professor Expert

The firebombing of Dresden, the blitz of London, Hiroshima... all of them were atrocious.

And what about all the violence by Antifa at Charlottesville...?

Krishna
Professor Expert

And what about all the violence by Antifa at Charlottesville...?