╌>

Jamie Dimon on Why He Parted Ways With Trump: ‘Racism, Intolerance and Violence Are Always Wrong’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  5 comments

Jamie Dimon on Why He Parted Ways With Trump: ‘Racism, Intolerance and Violence Are Always Wrong’

Image result for jamie dimon office JPMorgan’s CEO Jamie Dimon.

(Photograph by Diane Bondareff — Invision for JP Morgan Chase/AP) 

Even though  J.P. Morgan  CEO Jamie Dimon said he disagreed with President Donald Trump's decision to leave the  Paris Agreement  earlier this year, he maintained that he still had a responsibility " to engage our elected officials ...and advocate for policies that improve people's lives."

Now, amid outrage over  Trump's Charlottesville response , Dimon has condemned the president.

(LINK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Here is his note to employees in its entirety:

I strongly disagree with President Trump's reaction to the events that took place in Charlottesville over the past several days. Racism, intolerance and violence are always wrong. The equal treatment of all people is one of our nation’s bedrock principles. There is no room for equivocation here: the evil on display by these perpetrators of hate should be condemned and has no place in a country that draws strength from our diversity and humanity.

As a company and for all business in general, it is critical that we help develop rational, intelligent policies to help expand opportunities for all of our citizens. 

(Cont'd HERE )

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

Excellent.  Trump is so toxic, that his actions have the potential to make Americans say nice things about big banks.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

LOL, that's one way of looking at it...Gotta remember that line.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Agreed-- excellent line!

(I will have to check in with my leftist friends to see what they have to say about this! ...On second thought, I also wonder what my friends on the right will think!!!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

The business community is turning against Trump... now even CEOs of the bniggest corp[orations!