╌>

Donald Trump made big promises on the campaign trail for what he'd do to "make America great again"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  321steve  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

Donald Trump made big promises on the campaign trail for what he'd do to "make America great again"

trump proclaimed !  This nation is going to hell

But was it ?

The dissonance between gloomy rhetoric and recent performance is greatest on the economy. America’s recovery is now the fourth-longest on record, the stockmarket is at an all-time high, unemployment is below 5% and real median wages are at last starting to rise. There are genuine problems, particularly high inequality and the plight of low-skilled workers left behind by globalisation. But these have festered for years. They cannot explain the sudden fury in American politics.

On race relations there has, in fact, been huge progress. As recently as 1995, only half of Americans told pollsters that they approved of mixed-race marriages. Now the figure is nearly 90%. More than one in ten of all marriages are between people who belong to different ethnic groups. The movement of non-whites to the suburbs has thrown white, black, Hispanic and Asian-Americans together, and they get along just fine.

what Mr Trump’s candidacy has come to represent is division, some voters may ask themselves what they have to lose. (That, after all, is the logic that drove many Britons to vote for Brexit on June 23rd.) But America in 2017 is peaceful, prosperous and, despite recent news, more racially harmonious than at any point in its history. So the answer is: an awful lot.

https://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21702188-donald-trumps-nomination-cleveland-will-put-thriving-country-risk-great

........................................................................................

trump proclaimed !  This nation is going to hell

Self fulfilling prophecy ?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

Makin America Great.... How ?

Sorry I just dont see that.

In my opinion America already was great, I sure dont see now trump is making it any better I do see him tearing it apart little by little one day at a time. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

The biggest problem with Donald Trump is that he isnt qualified to be president of the United States, which he proves each and every day.  And that is not going to change. He needs to be forced out of office as soon as possible.