╌>

Former CIA chief: Trump's Charlottesville comments 'a national disgrace'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  4 comments

Former CIA chief: Trump's Charlottesville comments 'a national disgrace'

CIA Director John Brennan

Then CIA Director John Brennan testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on the Islamic State, June 16, 2016. (Photo: AP)

Former CIA director John Brennan blasted Donald Trump over statements the president made at Tuesday’s defiant, impromptu news conference in New York at which he spoke at length about the violence that followed a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va.

Brennan wrote a  letter to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer  with his impressions of Trump’s performance, the network said, in which he took issue with the president’s “ugly” and “dangerous” rhetoric.

The president had used the Trump Tower podium to restate his belief that blame for the violence that left Heather Heyer dead was shared by “alt-left” counterprotesters as well as the neo-Nazis who flooded the town.

White supremacist leaders, like former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke, praised the president for his remarks.

(LINK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

White supremacist leaders, like former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke, praised the president for his remarks.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
link   Jeremy Retired in NC    7 years ago

ALL participants in the Charlottesville fiasco are national disgraces.  The protesters, counter protesters, every single one of them.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC   7 years ago

while I agree, I also am mindful of who started this, which group applied for the permit and ran around the night before like a bunch of deranged frankenstein hunters. 

I'd say they knew WTF they were doing. It was all preplanned !

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
link   Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

Who started it is pretty irrelevant at this point, not to mention a childish cop out.  Both sides acted poorly.

And I do agree it was planned.  I'm pretty sure that both sides of this knew it would result in violence.  Sadly that is the only thing many attending these intend.