╌>

The Gathering Mob

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  redding-shasta-jefferson-usa  •  7 years ago  •  18 comments

The Gathering Mob
There is a great line in the movie “Men in Black” that perfectly suits where I fear we’re heading as a country. After Will Smith’s character learns aliens were living on Earth, he asks Tommy Lee Jones’ character, “Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.” Jones responds, “The person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.” It’s absolutely true – the mob and its accompanying mentality is one of the most dangerous aspects of human beings. And we’re seeing the rise of the mob as an acceptable political tactic. If it isn’t squashed, and soon, we will be headed toward some dangerous times.

After the mess in Charlottesville, Va., where a woman was killed by an alleged white nationalist, the mob was emboldened and sprung into action.

First off, I have to say I reject the media narrative that the idiots in Charlottesville are anywhere near the political right. Conservatism is the belief in individual liberty and responsibility, not identifying by your melanin level. Dividing people along those lines is the domain of the left.

SEE ALSO
Trump’s Thursday Morning Tweetstorm Slams GOP Senators, Fake News, and Removal of Statues
Also, conservatism is about a small, constitutionally limited federal government. These racist morons seek to use the federal government to carry out their racial jihad. They want an activist government as much as the left does; they just want it to their bidding, which is decidedly un-conservative.

The term “alt-right” is used by those idiots to give themselves something to cling to and to seem larger than they are, and for the media to paint their political opponents as part of these monsters’ circle. It has no basis in logic.

The proper place for these creatures is on the far-left. They, like their kindred spirits who call themselves “Antifa,” seek complete government power to impose their will. Just as with the Bolshevik vs. Menshevik, totalitarians always will break into factions and fight each other for power. That’s what Charlottesville was. Left-wing “journalists” have been tweeting a meme comparing Allied troops in World War II to the antifa in Charlottesville in an attempt to misdirect the public, to make them think people responsible for violence across the country are somehow heroes. An appropriate comparison would be to compare them to the Soviet troops. Show up to an antifa rally with an Israeli flag and see how that goes over.

Out of it, radical leftists, as always, were emboldened and took to the streets across the country, and violence and anti-police words and actions soon followed.

What happened next in Durham, N.C., was what has become all too common in recent years, almost exclusively in “progressive” cities – the people charged with keeping order stood down.

Radicals tore down a memorial statue to Confederate soldiers, and no one made any effort to stop them.

I have no desire to save Confederate statues or memorials. I couldn’t care less about them. It’s a little weird to have memorials to people who waged war against us anyway.

But honestly, I don’t care. Most Americans have no idea who these people are or go anywhere near where these statues are located. You have to go out of your way to be offended by something you have no idea exists. But if these places that put them up want to take them down, do it.

They’re located in former slave states, and melting a statue won’t wash away their history. Nor will it do anything for today. Baltimore, for example, is moving quickly to rid itself of four memorials I didn’t know were Confederate memorials, and I lived there for 13 years. But what I do know is the statues aren’t murdering people at a record pace in the city; nor are they dealing drugs and responsible for the horrendous overdose death rate.

In other words, these actions are meaningless shows done exclusively to prop up liberal politicians as “doing something.”

What those politicians don’t do is anything helpful, anything that improves the quality of life for their constituents. But a population whipped up to anger can be satiated by meaningless gestures.

That brings us back to the mob.

People whipped up to anger easily can be calmed by symbolism, but leftists no longer seek calm. They want action.

As with every progressive riot, the majority of participants did not leave their houses that day looking to commit violence; they just got swept up in the moment. That’s the danger of mobs, and the people riling them up know this.

What is it about an otherwise peaceful protest that doesn’t disburse upon the first sign of violence? It’s the mob mentality. If a few people in a group start throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails at police, and you don’t leave, you are complicit in that violence.

We can’t tolerate any of it or else things in this country could spiral out of control quickly. The old west was known for mob justice – townspeople stirred up and unwilling to wait for the system to run its course. They’d overpower the sheriff and hang the accused to wild cheers. There is something about being swept up in the moment and being a part of the mob that allowed the participants to absolve themselves of individual responsibility. The same is true today.

What’s throwing a few bags of urine and feces at someone “on the other side?” Especially if you don’t see where it lands or no one sees you throw it?

Bags become fists, fists become bricks, bricks become…

Democrats need to stand up to these radicals. Most of this violence is done in their name, and they’re silent on it.

President Donald Trump needs to stop equivocating and condemn the concept of violence. Trying to deny the KKK and neo-Nazis were dominant in their ridiculous Tiki torch march was stupid, really stupid. It’s just like if you don’t leave when the bricks or the racist or anti-Semitic chants start flying, you’re just as guilty.

There have to be adults on all sides willing to stand up against all these monsters, no matter how they’re labeled. Nazis, Communists, Antifa, whatever – they’re not different. And they’re heading toward something that will be awful if it isn’t stopped.

But no Democrat would stand next to President Trump to denounce all violence, and it’s unlikely President Trump would stand next to any Democrat to do the same. But they should; someone needs to. But they’re all too busy posturing and being pigheadedly stupid to do what is right. And local authorities need to squash violence and vandalism at its first sign, not search videos they took in an attempt to arrest people after the fact.

The mob mentality not only sweeps up those in it, but it also has a tendency to sweep more people into it. It’s contagious. It’s dangerous.

If this doesn’t end soon, this won’t end well. https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2017/08/17/the-gathering-mob-n2369515

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

SEE ALSO

Trump’s Thursday Morning Tweetstorm Slams GOP Senators, Fake News, and Removal of Statues

??

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Formatting is difficult for some people.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

... and some people make no effort to even try... 

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

"Dividing people along those lines is the domain of the left."

I disagree, the division of America has come about from politicians and media (on both sides) dividing the american people up for their own power and greed.

BUT. America needs a mix of all ideologies:

“United we stand, divided we fall”

Does Anyone remember this is still AMERICA ?

America needs a mix of all, conservatives, liberals and moderate independents.

A good blend will move America forward at a reasonable speed. 

Too many of any one ideology is bad for America.

America needs to move forward as the world progresses. 

Too many cons = little to no forward movement.

Too many liberals = move too fast forward.

Too many Independents = well you can’t have too many….lol (I’m one) LOL

Please research ALL candidates  before you VOTE

The more Americans that research all the candidates for all the offices before they vote and vote for the most qualified, the better our government and country will be. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

It's not news that your sort doesn't give a shit how many unarmed black men get shot down.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

It doesn't seem to me that the sound track sixpick posted was in support of killing black people. To me it was just a sample of incitement, and in fact inciting black people against whites.

I wonder if there are any present-day statistics comparing black people killed by whites as against white people killed by blacks.  Until we can compare, I don't think we have the right to be judgmental about either one.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

"The proper place for these creatures is on the far-left. They, like their kindred spirits who call themselves “Antifa,” seek complete government power to impose their will. Just as with the Bolshevik vs. Menshevik, totalitarians always will break into factions and fight each other for power. That’s what Charlottesville was. Left-wing “journalists” have been tweeting a meme comparing Allied troops in World War II to the antifa in Charlottesville in an attempt to misdirect the public, to make them think people responsible for violence across the country are somehow heroes. An appropriate comparison would be to compare them to the Soviet troops. Show up to an antifa rally with an Israeli flag and see how that goes over.

Out of it, radical leftists, as always, were emboldened and took to the streets across the country, and violence and anti-police words and actions soon followed."

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

I keep noticing that here in New York, the state government and the Governor keep passing laws that restrict the population more and more.  Some stuff is just silly, but they do it anyway, as elected officials are there to make laws (as opposed to all the other stuff they could be doing).  More and more laws, less and less freedom.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

To the progressive, we the people are nothing more than deplorable rabble to be controlled and unworthy of individual liberty.  

Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    7 years ago

You never disappoint in the hysterical histrionics, Redding. Your anxiety gauge must read a constant 11.  

To the progressive, we the people are nothing more than deplorable rabble to be controlled and unworthy of individual liberty.  

Your thoughts not ours.  Don't project your paranoia on us.  I'm worried about you.  Do you have anyone around you to keep an eye on you (no I'm not talking about the imaginary beings spying on you, but a loved one) and do they know you have these dark thoughts?  Do you fantasize picking up your AK-47 and doing a Will Smith on these progressive "aliens" that you've invented? 

Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    7 years ago

Democrats need to stand up to these radicals. 

So republicans can let the neo-nazis, fascists, KKK and white supremacists have a free hand?  Don't think so, Redding.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

"

First off, I have to say I reject the media narrative that the idiots in Charlottesville are anywhere near the political right. Conservatism is the belief in individual liberty and responsibility, not identifying by your melanin level. Dividing people along those lines is the domain of the left."

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

So republicans can let the neo-nazis, fascists, KKK and white supremacists have a free hand?  Don't think so, Redding.  

I have no doubt that the leftist were the ones carrying around the nazi flags, and trying to blame it on the right to stir up trouble...it is an tactic the left has used many times in the past 

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02    7 years ago

i like calling the left the AMERICAN TALIBAN because that is exactly what they trying to be and become....

i cannot feel bad when bad things happen to them..in fact i find it very strange that the mother of that girl that was killed seemed proud to have sacrificed her daughter on the alter of the left..wow.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

i find it very strange that the mother of that girl that was killed seemed proud to have sacrificed her daughter

When my grandparents were murdered, I found out in the middle of the night.  I went into work very early in the morning around 4am before anyone showed up so that I could finish up some projects.  I didn't want to leave it for a co worker to have to do while I was on leave.  When I look back on it I realize that I was in shock and that it was my way of dealing with the horror and loss.    

I guess what I'm trying to say is people grieve differently.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

X - The article started out so well .........and then it went south.  So much potential for agreement until the rhetoric started.   Even so, I'm going to give you a strong C+ because there were several points in the article that I could actually understand what the author was trying to say.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

We must all stand up against violence as a response to political speech no matter how much we dislike the free speech/assembly/petition the government rights being used.