╌>

'Chuck Todd and MSNBC Are Providing a Platform for Radical Leftists Who Use Violence'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  redding-shasta-jefferson-usa  •  7 years ago  •  36 comments

'Chuck Todd and MSNBC Are Providing a Platform for Radical Leftists Who Use Violence'
Media Research Center (MRC) President Brent Bozell issued the following statement Thursday in response to a Wednesday evening interview between MTP Daily host Chuck Todd and Mark Bray, a prominent voice in the radical left-wing Antifa movement.

The Antifa supporter went unchallenged as he promoted his violent extremist beliefs to MSNBC viewers, saying: “The main perspective of Antifa is essentially that rather than simply waiting for the threat to materialize, you stop it from the beginning. You say no platform for fascism and that's what we're seeing with the attempts in Charlottesville and elsewhere.”
When Chuck Todd, specifically asked: “I'm curious, first of all, are you an advocate of this sort of confrontation?,” Bray replied: “Yes, I am. Yes.”

Bozell blasted Todd and MSNBC for giving voice to violent, radical leftists:
Ad Feedback

“Chuck Todd and MSNBC are providing a platform for radical leftists who use violence as a means to intimidate political opponents and suppress free speech.

“Allowing Antifa supporters to promote violence unchallenged is not only repugnant, but irresponsible.
Ad Feedback

“MSNBC and their sponsors must be held accountable for providing a platform for any violence and destruction perpetrated by these hateful groups.” http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/bozell-chuck-todd-and-msnbc-providing-platform-radical-leftists-who-use

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago
(deleted)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Ah the typical attack the source when one doesn't like and can't refute what is being said.  No one suggested he take an editorial position.  They said MSNBC should have asked tougher questions and challenged the terrorist guest on his statements advocating violence.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago
(deleted)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

CNS News Service has both news stories and an editorial section.  The story here is a news report about what Bozell said regarding an interview on MSDNC.  It was not an editorial written by him.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
(deleted)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

So all news articles that quote the person in question on a given subject are really editorials because the quote in question might be the interview subjects opinion on what is being reported as having happened?  All articles with quotes from one in the article are now opinion pieces due to the quote?  Interesting.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

When Chuck Todd, specifically asked: “I'm curious, first of all, are you an advocate of this sort of confrontation?,” Bray replied: “Yes, I am. Yes.”

Jefferson, if this is true, then with all the other evidence of the violence from the Left, this is just an admission to the instigating violence in Charlottesville.  No one I know is in favor of the Nazis or White Supremacist groups, but it is a very rare case when the Left criticizes the Left Wing Radicals. 

We've criticized those extreme groups, all of them,but no one on the Left as I know of have criticized the violence from Antifa.  That's because they don't see them as violent.  They are on the same side, with the only difference Antifa is much more out in the open about their radicalism.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

So all news articles that quote the person in question on a given subject are really editorials because the quote in question might be the interview subjects opinion on what is being reported as having happened?  All articles with quotes from one in the article are now opinion pieces due to the quote?  Interesting.  

I went back to the article AND I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY!

I erroneously thought Bozell wrote the article rather than the article reporting on his assessment of the interview in question.

AGAIN … I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY …

I WAS WRONG … I APOLOGIZE.

I'll go back and have my initial comments deleted.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Apology accepted.  Bozelle does write editorial opinion pieces often enough so it was easy enough to assume this was one of those .  

sixpick
Professor Quiet

Apology accepted.  Bozelle does write editorial opinion pieces often enough so it was easy enough to assume this was one of those . 

Jefferson avatar with star.jpg

Dulay
Professor Expert
link   Dulay  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I erroneously thought Bozell wrote the article rather than the article reporting on his assessment of the interview in question.

Exactly, Bozell didn't write it himself, he had his media relations guy at CNS do it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay   7 years ago

Otherwise known as a reporter by objective standards.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
link   Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Otherwise known as a reporter by objective standards.  

From the CNS website: 

Craig is responsible for all CNSNews.com media relations, public relations, and marketing programs.

Note that not even CNS claims that Craig Bannister is a 'reporter'. 

CNS is OWNED by Bozell. 

Facts matter to some of us. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I went back to the article AND I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY!

AGAIN … I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY …

I WAS WRONG … I APOLOGIZE.

Amac Avatar With Star.jpg

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

“Chuck Todd and MSNBC are providing a platform for radical leftists who use violence as a means to intimidate political opponents and suppress free speech."

sixpick
Professor Quiet

And CNN is providing all the information so the radicals will not have to do it themselves.  It's like all the leaking to the press to promote their agenda to destroy this country.

Hit List: CNN Publishes Map of Confederate Monuments in U.S.

Link

If it can cause more problems, then CNN will right there to help it be so.  They are not just Fake News, they're Bolsheviks.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Shhhhhhh.....don't tell them they missed one in my area.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

And CNN is providing all the information

Won't see this from me very often but goodonya CNN!!  Tell ya what...instead of whining about all of this why don't all the white supremacist, nazis, etc. etc. go fund themselves and move these abominiations into their own back yards. They can worship them all they want there.  I guarantee no one will object to that (heh-heh). 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago
(deleted)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

I'm not condoning or condemning anyone's appearance on any news show.  That was never the point of the seeded article.  It was only the point of your straw man argument.  As stated in a prior post what is being criticized here was the tone, the lack of serious questions, and that the guest wasn't challenged or questioned as to his advocacy of using violence.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
(deleted)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

The platform was not just his presence there. It was his being allowed to pontificate about violence without being questioned about it.  It would be like a union goon going on TV talk his position on a strike without being questioned about the thug violence against those crossing the line.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

What comes to mind is "you reap what you sow".  Not only for Donald Trump but also the media.  The media has learned NOTHING from this past election.  I can turn on any media outlet and they are constantly talking about this idiot President's actions or lack of action.  I wish they'd just report on it and MOVE ON.  They desensitize the public to this man's poor character and to his thuggish actions.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

🐱 meow!  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Very true

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    7 years ago

Trump's only act now is to be the roaming Agitator-in-Chief.  This is how dictators behave and we have the goddam president of the united states doing it right in our faces. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

Our President is calling for calm and trying to unite us all as Americans.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Our President is calling for calm and trying to unite us all as Americans.  

Calls for calm while inciting acrimony.

Two-faced hypocrite pandering to willing dupes.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

So is Antifa and BLM calling for calm and for peaceful and civil exchange of ideas?  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

So is Antifa and BLM calling for calm and for peaceful and civil exchange of ideas?  

Not going to play the "two wrongs make a right game" … you made the comment … Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth.

As for BLM … this is their mission statement …

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise.  It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

No doubt, some will use this (and other organizations) as cover to perpetrate their own agendas … they and their actions should be condemned.

NOW … YOU FIND ME THE MISSION STATEMENTS OF THE ALT-RIGHT, NEO-NAZIS, the KKK, WHITE NATIONALISTS/SUPREMACISTS, et al, and post them as MANIFESTATIONS OF THE "FINE PEOPLE" MR. TRUMP REFERRED TO!

As for ANTIFA, I speculate that you know nothing about them other than what you get from right-wing sources; learn.

Antifa traces its roots to the 1920s and ’30s, when militant leftists battled fascists in the streets of Germany, Italy, and Spain.

When fascism withered after World War II, antifa did too. But in the ’70s and ’80s, neo-Nazi skinheads began to infiltrate Britain’s punk scene. After the Berlin Wall fell, neo-Nazism also gained prominence in Germany. In response, a cadre of young leftists, including many anarchists and punk fans, revived the tradition of street-level antifascism.

In the late ’80s, left-wing punk fans in the United States began following suit, though they initially called their groups Anti-Racist Action, on the theory that Americans would be more familiar with fighting racism than fascism. According to Mark Bray, the author of the forthcoming Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, these activists toured with popular alternative bands in the ’90s, trying to ensure that neo-Nazis did not recruit their fans. In 2002, they disrupted a speech by the head of the World Church of the Creator, a white-supremacist group in Pennsylvania; 25 people were arrested in the resulting brawl.

Antifa’s violent tactics have elicited substantial support from the mainstream left.

By the 2000s, as the internet facilitated more transatlantic dialogue, some American activists had adopted the name antifa. But even on the militant left, the movement didn’t occupy the spotlight. To most left-wing activists during the Clinton, Bush, and Obama years, deregulated global capitalism seemed like a greater threat than fascism.

Trump has changed that. For antifa, the result has been explosive growth. According to NYC Antifa, the group’s Twitter following nearly quadrupled in the first three weeks of January alone. (By summer, it exceeded 15,000.) Trump’s rise has also bred a new sympathy for antifa among some on the mainstream left. “Suddenly,” noted the antifa-aligned journal It’s Going Down, “anarchists and antifa, who have been demonized and sidelined by the wider Left have been hearing from liberals and Leftists, ‘you’ve been right all along.’ ”

An article in The Nation argued that “to call Trumpism fascist” is to realize that it is “not well combated or contained by standard liberal appeals to reason.” The radical left, it said, offers “practical and serious responses in this political moment.”

I do not condone violence-for-violence's-sake. I do believe that like one of Newton's Laws of Motion, there is a societal equivalent … FOR EVERY ACTION, THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION!

If a Nazi, etc., got in my face, was unarmed and just talked his talk, I'd walk away; if that same Nazi was accompanied by hundreds of others, armed, aggeressive, driving their cars over innocent protestors, I'D WELCOME RESISTANCE AND HOPE LIKE HELL THERE WOULD BE RESISTANCE!

What should be done with pieces of shit like this excuse-of-a-human being?

If I were forced to make a choice between ANTIFA or that dick head … which do you think any reasonable person's choice would be?

Instead of your rants against imperfect groups that arose to protect themselves from those who would destroy them, for once, let's see you rant against hate groups and those who equivocate on-behalf-of, rather than outright condemn!

Instead of one-line, dismissive quips and rhetoric, lets see something thoughtful and substantive.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

So, who was worse?

Hitler or Stalin?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

So, who was worse?

Hitler or Stalin?

At some point, quantification and comparisons become moot … 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Precisely. Engaging in a debate about who was worse is a ridiculous exercise. Both were clearly bad, and any attempt to portray one as "less bad" is to give some the impression that one of these people were not so bad and, in extreme cases, actually good.

Despite this obvious statement, there is some kind of comparison being made between the worst elements of the extreme left and extreme right, with some reaching some kind of conclusion that one is "less bad" than the other.

Ridiculous.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

There is nothing like a liberal.  They ask a question and, then, answer it themselves so they have the right answer.

My gorgeous liberal niece just laughs at them. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

There is nothing like a liberal.  They ask a question and, then, answer it themselves so they have the right answer.

Would that be every liberal that ever lived … 4 out of 5 maybe …is your pronouncement based on empirical information, liberals you know personally and interact with regularly?

There now … I'm liberal on most issues … I have asked a question AND WOULD LIKE YOU TO ANSWER IT.

Oh, my … now you've encountered at least one exception to your contention … 

… back to the drawing board.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
link   sandy-2021492  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Oh, my … now you've encountered at least one exception to your contention … 

Two.  You and her niece, apparently winking