╌>

New Bill Would Require Donald Trump To Undergo Mental Health Evaluation

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  18 comments

New Bill Would Require Donald Trump To Undergo Mental Health Evaluation

(The Washington Post via Getty Images)

new bill introduced  in the House of Representatives would require President Donald Trump to undergo a physical and mental health exam to determine if he is stable enough to stay in office.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) introduced the bill on Friday. Should the results of the said exam be unfavorable, the bill calls for Vice President Mike Pence and members of the Cabinet to remove Trump from office.

(LINK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51    7 years ago

I don't think congress has the authority to compel a President to undergo any medical test or procedure.  The constitution already covers these matters.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

X - I don't think Congress would be compelling the President but rather mandating.  It can be done but the real question is will they.  I definitely believe that after this President it won't be so hard to do.  The country can no longer rely on the sanity of the voter to elect competent people.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I don't think congress has the authority to compel a President to undergo any medical test or procedure.  The constitution already covers these matters.  

MEH!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

new bill introduced  in the House of Representatives would require President Donald Trump to undergo a physical and mental health exam to determine if he is stable enough to stay in office.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) introduced the bill on Friday. Should the results of the said exam be unfavorable, the bill calls for Vice President Mike Pence and members of the Cabinet to remove Trump from office.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

Political theater and a waste of time.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

What would you call his constant demands for Obama to release his records, and later, for Hillary to release hers?   

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I would call it irrelevant to this discussion. 

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Of course you would, sugar-britches, of course you would. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

BENGHAZI!

HILLARY'S EMAILS!

JENNIFER FLOWERS!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Yes, I agree-- that is an excellent description of his presidency so far!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Than who cares? 

If Trumps just political theater, why the obsession?

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

He never did release his records, did he?  Well...except to Dr. Oz.  Dr. Oz?  Even then, nothing was released to the public.  Dr. Oz?  I mean honestly...Dr. farking Oz?

My thoughts?  As shitty of an employee as he is, Trump works for me.  There are plenty of jobs that require proof of good health prior to obtaining employment, and it would seem that the President of the United States should be held to a higher health standard than the average job applicant.  So I, for one, am entitled to know the state of Trump's health.  In fact, I demand it.

To be serious for a minute, it's possible that he suffers from some form of dementia, and I'm guessing Alzheimer's.  His childish behavior, his inability to stop doing and saying things that consistently put himself, and this country, in a negative light, his constant lying, his facial expressions, his numerous improper references of a sexual nature, and even the bizarre way he shakes hands...all of these are symptoms of Alzheimer's.  My father exhibits them every, single day, and as his caregiver, I can't begin to express the frustration I experience.  If Donald Trump does indeed have some sort of dementia-related disease, then he is not at fault for his behavior and actions.  However, he would be at fault for running for President in the first place, because his symptoms are so developed, that he would have to have been diagnosed at least 18 to 24 months ago...well before he was nominated by the GOP.  Most Alzheimer's patients also deny that they have the disease.  Even a diagnosis by a reputable neurologist will be labeled as a lie or a conspiracy by the patient. 

The bottom line is that we need to know.  We ALL need to know.    

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

To be serious for a minute, it's possible that he suffers from some form of dementia, and I'm guessing Alzheimer's.  His childish behavior, his inability to stop doing and saying things that consistently put himself, and this country, in a negative light, his constant lying, his facial expressions, his numerous improper references of a sexual nature, and even the bizarre way he shakes hands...all of these are symptoms of Alzheimer's.

I'm not sure of the exact diagnosis,but he is definitely mentally ill Sad

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

This is a political stunt. Congress can't compel or mandate that Trump submit to a mental health exam any more than he can compel them to submit to one. The authority of both branches of government is laid out in the constitution and this ain't in there. Assuming that this nonsense were enacted, it would be unconstitutional on its face and he'd just ignore it. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Funny, how previous presidents had check ups all the time, and they weren't mandated.  I remember Ike getting a clean bill of health, etc.

To me, it's telling that Trump has to be compelled or asked to get a check up.  Not that he cares what I, or anyone else thinks, but it's just strange....

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Funny, how previous presidents had check ups all the time, and they weren't mandated. 

And they also released their tax returns..also not mandated...

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Yup!  I see a rat.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago
True dat.
If he really had nothing to hide-- than why would he be so adamant about releaseing his rtax returns?