╌>

Boston Free Speech Rally: What The News did NOT Cover.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kpr37  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

Boston Free Speech Rally: What The News did NOT Cover.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37    7 years ago

Funny they don't look like nazis?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

I am not sure where you got that from kpr, but this is more like the real story:

That is the good, the bad, and the ugly.. but at least it's the full story from a disinterested 3rd party.

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I am not sure where you got that from kpr,

A friend of mine emailed it to. She volunteers for his campaign. There is an effort to associate him with Nazis here in Mass and in India. The worse thing that he has done, is claimed to have invented email when he was a little kid. This calling everybody a Nazi is crazy. My friend who volunteers is not a nazi, she is a proud bi-racial African/Latino. I admit I don't know much about him, but does he look like a likely nazi? Could he pass for a white supremacist?eek

It is over here too.

kpr37
Professor Silent

Rinaldo Del Gallo, a self-described “Bernie-style progressive” and former state Senate candidate from Pittsfield, wa s told by Free Speech Rally organizers he would be able to speak yesterday. But when he arrived, Del Gallo told the Herald’s Dan Atkinson that he wasn’t allowed inside the rally area because his name was not on the speaker list.

“So I’m sitting there with a Bernie Sanders T-shirt on , it’s pretty obvious I’m a progressive, and I’m yelling at police to let me in. ... The antifa overheard that and they started screaming at me in my face, at one point in time they were inches away from me yelling, ‘White trash! White trash! White trash!’ ... There were 40 people screaming in front of my face, obviously it put me in fear of being harmed. I thought I was going to be lynched, I literally thought many, many people were going to start hitting me, beating me very badly. Eventually I made my way up to a cop and said ‘These people are going to kill me!’ ”

Shortly after that confrontation, Del Gallo said police officers brought him to a secure area where he was loaded into a police van along with other rally participants.

“It was insufferably hot and humid, someone almost vomited. We were in the van for what seemed like half an hour, it seemed like a very long time. There was an angry, violent crowd outside and they were not letting (the police van) leave, I was definitely in fear of my life . It was scary as hell. ... It’s brutal, the antifa is a tough, tough crowd. Just as guys on the right have to distance themselves from the alt-right, the left needs to distance itself from the alt-left.”

kpr37
Professor Silent

Police did not allow reporters close enough to the bandstand to hear the rally speakers, citing safety concerns.

In the video provided by Ayyadurai, two people at the bandstand with the rally participants — separated from counterprotesters by police barriers — held up “Black Lives Matter” signs. Several other people who appear to be minorities can also be seen within the rally barriers.

Walsh said in a statement, “There were a couple of white supremacists participating in the rally, as well as a sprinkling of other people with different beliefs, and some Trump supporters. Boston police arrested three people who had bulletproof vests on, including one with a gun on him, and we believe they were white supremacists.”

Organizers, who could not be reached for comment yesterday, last week said the KKK was not welcome, and insisted they were not white supremacists. Rally participant April Sutherland of Medford, when asked yesterday if white supremacists were there, said, “Not at all. I talked to a few people there. They were from the Green Party, they were Bernie Sanders supporters. There were a couple of black guys there.”

Rinaldo Del Gallo, a Bernie Sanders supporter who intended to speak at the event but was not allowed to by police when his name did not show up on a speakers list, said he is considering a lawsuit claiming his civil rights were violated.

“In terms of protecting free speech, I have to give them an F. No one could be heard. Speakers couldn’t get in to speak. And people who wanted to hear the speakers couldn’t get anywhere near the podium,” Del Gallo said.