╌>

On Corey Taylor's New Book "America 51: A Probe into the Realities That Are Hiding Inside "The Greatest Country in the World""

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  peter-asks-for-no-more-cheetolini-would-like-a-revote  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

On Corey Taylor's New Book "America 51: A Probe into the Realities That Are Hiding Inside "The Greatest Country in the World""

You might be dismissive of this because Corey Taylor is a musician, but from my perspective, he is correct far more often than not and is a keen observer of humanity. Traveling around the world regularly probably assists him in forming a credible world and national view.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Pedro    7 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

I looked at all of the first half or so and then skipped around a little through the second half. I won't necessarily dispute the worth of his viewpoint specifically, but there is nothing unique about it, and I'm not sure he expresses it better than many other people do.

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Pedro  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Perhaps. I personally find his method of expression to be fully approachable, but I'd also say YMMV.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Pedro   7 years ago

Maybe he is intending to talk to his fans and sell the book that way. He sounds pretty full of himself to be honest.

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Pedro  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Oh, he definitely can be considered full of himself. He is definitely considered to be the most opinionated of all metal musicians.

But yeah, what he really does is try to write the way he speaks. To varying degrees of success.