╌>

Kirk Cameron: The Hurricanes Were Sent by God to Make Us More Humble

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

Kirk Cameron: The Hurricanes Were Sent by God to Make Us More Humble
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/09/07/kirk-cameron-the-hurricanes-were-sent-by-god-to-make-us-more-humble/#8zI5ym5DVwT8DhCV.99

Actor and Creationist Kirk Cameron took time out of his busy (?) schedule to talk about Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. In video taken this morning at an airport in Orlando (Florida), Cameron explained how the natural disasters were obviously signs from God.

Climate change, of course, didn’t factor into the discussion.

"… One thing we know about hurricanes — and all weather — is that this is not Mother Nature in a bad mood. This is a spectacular display of God’s immense power. And when He puts His power on display, it’s never without reason. There’s a purpose. And we may not always understand what that purpose is, but we know it’s not random. And we know that weather is sent to cause us to respond to God in humility, awe, and repentance…"

God wanted us to be humble, so he killed dozens of people in Houston, decimated an entire island, and is still creating chaos in the Caribbean.
Even if that were true, that’s not a God worth worshipping.

If God wanted us to be in awe of or inspired by him, here’s an idea: Spare us the senseless deaths. Just say hello. Don’t send a hurricane (or Kirk Cameron) to do it on Your behalf.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

To all the victims of this hurricane season and their families, Kirk says you should thank God for the death and destruction.

God promised to not murder the entire world with a flood again.  He didn't say anything about hurricanes though.  So much for taking back the rainbow!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
link   Ozzwald  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

And Kirk Cameron was sent by the devil to show that he has a sense of humor, something God hasn't shown.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

It doesn't bother me that some people think God would send messages through weather, there is a primitive appeal to it, but I think they should keep the belief to themselves.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

It doesn't bother me if desists or pantheists want to see some connection there, but it bothers me greatly when monotheists believe there is a god who loves us unconditionally but is indifferent to causing the death of innocent children and babies from 100 mile per hour flying debris.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
link   It Is ME    7 years ago

Hurricanes are VERY humbling. I agree with that statement of his.