╌>

Another Beautiful Day - Another Walk With My Camera

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

This morning I got up quite early, before the sunrise, so I waited for it and took a photo from our small rear balcony.  You can see on the right the university library at Chongqing Normal University, its clock tower should be a familiar site to those who have been following my photo essays as I have posted a number of photos of it from differing viewpoints in my photo essays. The clock imitates the sound of London's Big Ben and can be heard throughout the campus.

1.  The sunrise.

CQ sunrise.jpg

2.   We ate breakfast at around 8:00 a.m.  This morning I had made a simple breakfast (I usually make most breakfasts, all western style.), hot oatmeal with banana slices, 5 or 6 small bird eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, wolfberries and raisins. At about 9:30 a.m. we walked to the wooded campus of the Sichuan Fine Arts Institute where we saw students doing military training. In all high schools and universities in China it is compulsory at the beginning of the school year.

Sep 13 7.jpg

Sep 13 8.jpg

4.   I took this photo there. You could say it stumped me.

Sep 13 10.jpg

5.   Across the street on the way home the biggest shopping mall / department store / supermarket for miles around was preparing to have its opening day on Friday.  It will have many of the usual American mall stores like Nike, Gap, Addidas, Starbucks, etc. and a whole lot of different restaurants and shops and a huge supermarket. I see that the Burger King is ready to open and I'm hoping that a Pizza Hut will be there soon.  I expect that it will be extremely crowded on opening day as well as the weekend so I'll wait until Monday and then go exploring in it with my camera.

Sep 13 6.jpg

5.  As we kept walking towards home I took another photo of it, this time at the other end.

Sep 13 3.jpg

6.  Our front balcony faces the store, so I took this rather misty looking photo when we got home. Right in front is the subway station, and looking to left you can see a train pulling into it.  You probably wonder why I call it a subway when it is elevated, but as it gets closer to downtown it goes underground. Behind it in the photo you can see the new department store, and to the left, the wooded area is the campus of the Sichuan Fine Arts Institute where we walked this morning.

Sep 13 2.jpg

Look for my next photo essay next week.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

It wasn't until I was loading my photos into the computer that I noticed that the camera had been set at "Portrait" rather than "Landscape" which probably explains why the photos are not sharp and clear. Actually, the tree stump turned out the clearest, but I guess it did because it was close as compared to the rest of the photos.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Another great photo essay Buzz....I really like ''The Stump''.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Keep these photo essays coming, Buzz … they are interesting, informative and unique to NT!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Yes, but of little interest to all but a few.  (whine, whine, whine....)

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Don't get discouraged … keep posting.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

On Friday, opening day for the huge store, I did in fact venture in with my camera.  It was chaos inside with all the people and the noise was so loud I didn't hear my phone ring. I'm working on editing the photos now for the benefit of the two or three members of NT who give a shit.