╌>

MSNBC Host Defends Antifa As ‘The Side of Angels’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  redding-shasta-jefferson-usa  •  7 years ago  •  57 comments

MSNBC Host Defends Antifa As ‘The Side of Angels’
MSNBC’s Nicole Wallace defended Antifa on Thursday afternoon, and referred to them as “good people” on “the side of angels.”

Wallace’s comments came in response to recent remarks from President Trump, who doubled-down on his “both sides” statement regarding the violence in Charlottesville, Va. between white nationalists and “anti-fascists.”

WATCH:

“I think, especially in light of the advent of Antifa, if you look at what’s going on there, you have some pretty bad dudes on the other side also, and essentially that’s what I said,” Trump said on Thursday. “Because of what’s happened since [Charlottesville] with Antifa, when you look at really what’s happened since Charlottesville, a lot of people are saying, and people have actually written, ‘Gee, Trump may have a point.’ I said there’s some very bad people on the other side also,” he continued.

Wallace condemned Trump for the comment.

“There were really bad guys on the side of the KKK, and then there were good people opposing the KKK,” she said. “One of the people on the side of angels lost her life.”

The “side of angels” attacked peaceful demonstrators and law enforcement in Portland, Oregon just last weekend, which resulted in the injury of two police officers. (RELATED: ‘Second Officer Injured’ — Antifa Launch Smoke Bombs, Other Projectiles At Portland Police)

Tags: Antifa, Donald Trump, MSNBC, nicole wallace http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/14/msnbc-host-defends-antifa-as-the-side-of-angels/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
link   Vic Eldred    7 years ago

Nicole Wallace is finally where she belongs - with MSNBC. This was the woman who worked for the McCain presidential campaign in 2008. She was the one who convinced campaign managers that Sarah Palin was prepared to do an interview with Katie Couric. Not that McCain had any chance of winning that election after the infamous October surprise, but who was Wallace really working for? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
link   Vic Eldred    7 years ago

Wallace condemned Trump for the comment.

“There were really bad guys on the side of the KKK, and then there were good people opposing the KKK,” she said. “One of the people on the side of angels lost her life.”

Wrong again Nicole. The woman who lost her life was not with atnifa - she was simply a local woman who thought she was supporting a protest of Nazis & white supremecists. The protest was in reality using the Nazis as a pretext to impose their own world view on the rest of us. So that poor woman who meant well died tragically for no reason.

The “side of angels” attacked peaceful demonstrators and law enforcement in Portland, Oregon just last weekend, which resulted in the injury of two police officers. (RELATED: ‘Second Officer Injured’ — Antifa Launch Smoke Bombs, Other Projectiles At Portland Police)

Still wrong Nicole. Antifa did the instigating in liberal Oregon 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Vic Eldred   7 years ago

President Trump was right.  There are bad people on both sides of this.  Anyone with a lick of common sense, not having an agenda, can see this.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred   7 years ago

One of the misfortunes of a site like this is that we are not really allowed to call out horseshit lies and misrepresentations the way they deserve and demand, for fear of "breaking the rules" of the forum.

Nicole Wallace neither mentioned or referred to antifa. She said that the people opposing the KKK were on the side of the angels , and one of them was killed.

One can both believe that opposing the KKK and white supremacy is "the side of the angels" , and oppose the tactics of antifa. When Wallace mentions antifa by name or by direct implication then we will know her opinion of antifa. She didnt give it in this clip.

The right wants to proclaim the opposition to the KKK and Nazis in Charlottesville as antifa and only antifa, for their ideological and propaganda purposes. Make the "left" that opposes the white supremacists into one encompassing violent group and maybe you can make the white racists look a little less bad  ( and most importantly make Trump look a little less ignoramus)by comparison.

Vic, your comment sucks. It is inaccurate and most likely deliberately deceitful.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
link   Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago
Nicole Wallace neither mentioned or referred to antifa. She said that the people opposing the KKK were on the side of the angels , and one of them was killed.

Talk about misrepresentations - So your position is that the most vocal & violent part of that KKK opposition was NOT INCLUDED in her statement because she didn't itemize who the opponents are?

That seems like a strained interpretation of what she said

The right wants to proclaim the opposition to the KKK and Nazis in Charlottesville as antifa and only antifa, for their ideological and propaganda purposes. Make the "left" that opposes the white supremacists into one encompassing violent group and maybe you can make the white racists look a little less bad  ( and most importantly make Trump look a little less ignoramus)by comparison.

That's an interesting narrative.

What antifa and the left want to do is call everyone they disagree with as KKK and white supremicists. The actions of antifa in Boston & Oregon simply shut down speech - those speakers were not KKK, nor was Ben Shapiro at UC Berkeley. 
The taking down of the statues was what ignited all of this. Obviously the removal of the statue in Charlottesvile brought the KKK out of hibernation and gave antifa their pretext for the crusade against all those whom they disagree with. The statues are very historically pertinent to all of this. Many of those Confederate statues were constructed during the 1920's when the KKK was at the height of its power. Now, in 2017, when the far left is at the height of its power, they are removed.

Let's try to confine comments to the topic. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

The seeded article claims that Nicole Wallace thinks antifa is "on the side of the angels'.

There is nothing in the video that shows that.

"the side of the angels" IS the opposition to the white supremacists, nazis and KKK.  That opposition is not based on it being antifa or non-antifa. Antifa is AN example of opposition to the KKK etc.  It is not the only oposition and it was not the only opposition at Charlottesville.

Wallace can be seen to be talking about the non-antifa portion at Charlottesville because she mentions the woman who was killed, who was not antifa.

The seeded article is simply misleading if not totally dishonest.

There is no other honest way of interpreting what she said.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

Antifa is AN example of opposition to the KKK etc.    

In previously unviewed documentation, it has surfaced that the FBI and Department of Homeland Security have designated Antifa as “anarchist extremists” and denoted  them as the “primary instigators of violence at public rallies.” 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
"the side of the angels" IS the opposition to the white supremacists, nazis and KKK.  That opposition is not based on it being antifa or non-antifa.

Ah yes, Correct - It includes ALL opposition and that is what Wallace meant - antifa IS NOT on the side of the angels. It is a violent, anarchist collection of leftist misfits

So Wallace is just as wrong now as when she thought Sarah Palin was prepared to do an interview. I'll leave it to the unbiased observer

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

You are badly confused as to what she said.

Carry on with this nonsense if it makes you feel better.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

Just turn your argument around and you'll see how flawed it is.

Suppose someone said "those who want those historical statues preserved are on the side of the angels!"

There would be an immediate outrage. Then if your logic was applied - that no KKK or Nazi's were mentioned - I have to believe no one would buy it for a second.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

MSNBC’s Nicole Wallace defended Antifa on Thursday afternoon, and referred to them as “good people” on “the side of angels.”

Never happened. And that is the premise of the seeded article. And it never happened.

"The side of the angels"  IS the opposition to the white supremacists. It is NOT necessarily antifa, and she never said it was antifa.

If you cant understand that I cant help you.

She never referred to antifa at all.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
She never referred to antifa at all.

Neither did Donald Trump when he said there were good people on either side of the statue controversy - no mention of antifa, the KKK or Nazis.

So your defense of Wallace works for Trump. Got it

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo    7 years ago

"Still wrong Nicole. Antifa did the instigating in liberal Oregon"   So all of Oregon is liberal?  Every single person?  Interesting.  

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

Don't know if you've even lived in Oregun but it's kinda like:

its true.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo    7 years ago

Anyone with a lick of sense can see that there are idiots in anti-fa but not evil like the other side which includes the KKK, alt-right and white supremacists.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

Digging a whole

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

What hole is it that I'm digging shasta?  LOL, 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

The ideological hole your burying yourself in.

(and no I'm not deathwishing him)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
link   Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

Welcome aboard

Antifa is not evil?   Explain please.

These are the people who bring masks to a protest - put them on and become violent when the police are not around - then slip back into the crown and dispose of their mask's when the police show up.

Sounds like cowardly leftist scum to me

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley  replied to  Vic Eldred   7 years ago
Like these cowardly fellers?  

2 1.jpg 2 2.jpg 4 1.jpg

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    7 years ago

In my tetchy hipbilly agrarian underachiever opinion I think these anitfa kids are one of the few groups around who recognize what is happening in this country and are reacting in an intelligent and rational manner.  I've got no problem with em.

My Daddy, both my Grand Paw's, their brothers and most of the menfolk kin in my fambly all joined right up, donned the battle rattle and headed cross the sea to fight fascists and nazis and "impose their own world view on the rest of us."  I'm right proud they did.   And I'm right proud there are folks spry and committed enough to fight em on our own soil today. 

I get the feeling that if the nitwit regime in power now do not kill us all with nitwittery history will treat these antifa kids as partisans and freedom fighters.   Or perhaps the fascists will win and the rest of us will all reside in those FEMA camps the right was so terrified of in our recent past.  Who knows?  

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."  M Twain

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tex Stankley   7 years ago

This looks familiar. Did we meet on NV? 

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

This looks familiar. Did we meet on NV?

I know that avatar, not the name.

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

No doubt we did.  Being a bear of little brain and a pre geezer my memory is somewhat less than stellar.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

Leftist terrorism is a serious threat to our nation. The suppression of speech will inevitably lead to increased violence. These thugs need to be unmasked and incarcerated. 

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

What?  You mean these Doods?

SWATphotobyOregonDepartmentofTransportation690x462.jpg

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    7 years ago

I'm really enjoying the spectacle of rightwingers who hate both the ACLU and the SPLC trying to play one off against the other as if they're competitors.  You people just make me laugh. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

You are quite funny.